The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is magplar best 1v1 class in pvp

• americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very few player's that switched to magplar actually like them, I always get messages saying how did I play one for so long lol on top of that there's very few popular magplars.

very few popular magplars? youre on xbox1 there never was any famous magplars to begin with.

nearly the majority of xbox players are stam DK NB and now a massive influx of orc stam sorc fengrush fanboys..

Lol what are you talking about? Golden Guns, JarJar when he played it, Sick Tu Sick, Nero, Set By Example, dude that ran with Alligator can't think of his GT, pulp fiction , clutchies, me, even kidd just to name a few lol a few new additions as well since more people started playing magplar. So I don't get what you mean..

first off golden guns was caught cheating multiple times along with exploiting the pheonix set glitch.

evey person you have listed always run with their own groups and or next to larger groups.

every time i seen you, you were always next to EP groups.

this topic was about best 1v1 class, not open world or playing shuffle monkey around rocks.

i wiped example months ago in chillrend when he was emperor, very crap heal bot.

those you listed always found bad EP players with awful builds, i seen this too many times in haderus and scourge, it seems the majority of EP are wall healers, bad heal bots, lack dps/sustain or jave bad situational awareness of surroundings.

oh i almost forgot i caught you many times on your bananna templar. take your name off this list

Yeah and somehow you're better than them all? LOOL I can guarantee you're a random and clearly you have an ego screaming "look at me"

did i say i was better? you mad cuz i called you out on BS?

check your ego try hard, try hards call others randoms as if its an insult, every ones a random including YOU.

dont like facts? GTFO

I don't even know who you are? Judging by your tone you're indeed a random, nothing factual about what you're saying, learn the definition you moron. You talk about insults but the first to try to insult ? How stupid are you lol

Please say your gt and stop hiding behind a random name like a twitch trash talker, thanks lol

HAHAHAHA tone through words hillarious these are letters typed not verbally spoken.

your ego was wrecked youre trying to supress your insecurities of being wrong, being wrong hurts that
    much?
    why did you send hate mail to Pact Mender for killing you 2 months ago near BRK? why was it that2 months ago several of your bananna cronies hopped on red alts to talk smack on Pact Mender in zone chat calling him trash because she killed catchmetrolling?

every so called good magplar you listed has been caught and banned for cheating and or ALWAYS runs in groups with multiple pocket healers.

now for you, ive seen you always next to large EP groups or what the arrogant like to use "ZERGS" you like what others say, youre nothing special youre aparently on eso all the time too LOL.

i stated facts if you comprehend that as insults then you are guilty of what has been listed.

no matter how hard you try you hold no leverage for argument!

you are upset check your ego.
    Edited by americansteel on December 30, 2016 9:42PM
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh i almost forgot i caught you many times on your bananna templar. take your name off this list

Lol. I enjoyed this thanks!

Just so you know his new thing now is running with xV1 gank squads then gets annoyed at you when you melt him multiple times with a soul assault. He then criticizes you as a "zerger".

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very few player's that switched to magplar actually like them, I always get messages saying how did I play one for so long lol on top of that there's very few popular magplars.

very few popular magplars? youre on xbox1 there never was any famous magplars to begin with.

nearly the majority of xbox players are stam DK NB and now a massive influx of orc stam sorc fengrush fanboys..

Lol what are you talking about? Golden Guns, JarJar when he played it, Sick Tu Sick, Nero, Set By Example, dude that ran with Alligator can't think of his GT, pulp fiction , clutchies, me, even kidd just to name a few lol a few new additions as well since more people started playing magplar. So I don't get what you mean..

first off golden guns was caught cheating multiple times along with exploiting the pheonix set glitch.

evey person you have listed always run with their own groups and or next to larger groups.

this topic was about best 1v1 class, not open world or playing shuffle monkey around rocks.

i wiped example months ago in chillrend when he was emperor, very crap heal bot.

those you listed always found bad EP players with awful builds, i seen this too many times in haderus and scourge, it seems the majority of EP are wall healers, bad heal bots, lack dps/sustain or jave bad situational awareness of surroundings.

Yeah and somehow you're better than them all? LOOL I can guarantee you're a random and clearly you have an ego screaming "look at me"

check your ego try hard, try hards call others randoms as if its an insult, every ones a random including YOU.

dont like facts? GTFO

I don't even know who you are? Judging by your tone you're indeed a random, nothing factual about what you're saying, learn the definition you moron. You talk about insults but the first to try to insult ? How stupid are you lol

Please say your gt and stop hiding behind a random name like a twitch trash talker, thanks lol

HAHAHAHA tone through words hillarious these are letters typed not verbally spoken.

your ego was wrecked youre trying to supress your insecurities of being wrong, being wrong hurts that
    much?
    why did you send hate mail to Pact Mender for killing you 2 months ago near BRK? why was it that2 months ago several of your bananna cronies hopped on red alts to talk smack on Pact Mender in zone chat calling him trash because she killed catchmetrolling?

every so called good magplar you listed has been caught and banned for cheating and or ALWAYS runs in groups with multiple pocket healers.

now for you, ive seen you always next to large EP groups or what the arrogant like to use "ZERGS" you like what others say, youre nothing special youre aparently on eso all the time too LOL.

i stated facts if you comprehend that as insults then you are guilty of what has been listed.

I don't play with anyone on ad , stop your lies lol if you're going to talk trash be truthful. You just made an entire scenario up, woow you need help seriously. Ad is always telling me I need a group when I play on their side and I rarely talk to anyone in this game.

Also even on my magplar I'm solo you don't see me zerging and if you think being by MY KEEP is zerging you're something else. You can ask guild members and they'll tell you I'm usually by myself, even Morning Kush has said he doesn't know how I've played by myself for so long.

You still didn't give your GT , stop being a coward lol at least let us know who you are, though I probably wouldn't since you just lied like that to be honest

• americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »

Just so you know his new thing now is running with xV1 gank squads then gets annoyed at you when you melt him multiple times with a soul assault. He then criticizes you as a "zerger".

i was in party chat with a few friends last night. they told me the same thing, they had me rolling on the floor laughing.

yeah hes a special one.

every eso player seems to call other eso players zerglings all the time while running in zergs.

i havent played eso in 2 weeks, i might hop on one my NBs and find this dude.

NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are a zerger and you know it, you admitted to following the zergs and back down from dueling me. And you know I killed you multiple times by myself, typical DC zergling.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . And you know I killed you multiple times by myself, typical DC zergling.

As mentioned in the previous thread please provide video evidence. I would love to see that especially since you have apparently done it so often.
    Edited by montiferus on December 30, 2016 10:19PM
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭

As mentioned in the previous thread please provide video evidence. I would love to see that especially since you have apparently done it so often.

trolls hate being called out for being trolls. careful were treading on thin ice.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

trolls hate being called out for being trolls. careful were treading on thin ice.

Still no GT ? Lol hmm.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah cause I'm going to clip some random guy , you know how you sound ?

• americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭

dont like facts? GTFO

much?

I don't play with anyone on ad , stop your lies lol if you're going to talk trash be truthful. You just made an entire scenario up, woow you need help seriously. Ad is always telling me I need a group when I play on their side and I rarely talk to anyone in this game.

Also even on my magplar I'm solo you don't see me zerging and if you think being by MY KEEP is zerging you're something else. You can ask guild members and they'll tell you I'm usually by myself, even Morning Kush has said he doesn't know how I've played by myself for so long.

You still didn't give your GT , stop being a coward lol at least let us know who you are, though I probably wouldn't since you just lied like that to be honest

definition of solo- no group or by your self.

when i played eso i was always by my self i hate groups its annoying but pvp is where the groups and keeps are,

you go where the action is group vs group as intended you are always in the mix among EP groups. i never seen you in quest hubs ganking or near areas where no red is around.

and yes you do have an AD templar. and yes you do run with AD groups. ive seen quite a few videos of you in a group. nothing wrong with being in a group, whats wrong is ignoring facts, every so called popular magplar you listed run with pocket healers. and or have been caught cheating. AP farm groups does not make players "good"

NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dont like facts? GTFO

much?

definition of solo- no group or by your self.

when i played eso i was always by my self i hate groups its annoying but pvp is where the groups and keeps are,

you go where the action is group vs group as intended you are always in the mix among EP groups. i never seen you in quest hubs ganking or near areas where no red is around.

and yes you do have an AD templar. and yes you do run with AD groups. ive seen quite a few videos of you in a group. nothing wrong with being in a group, whats wrong is ignoring facts, every so called popular magplar you listed run with pocket healers. and or have been caught cheating. AP farm groups does not make players "good"

So to see me doing this that means you're a part of it as well ? And I'm always in areas no one is around lmao what are you talking about, plenty of opposing alliance members can vouch for me being in the most random locations killing people, you don't see me because *Drum Roll* you're not there.

And no I don't play with any AD, when I first played on my ad which was several months ago I played with Invictum a few times and Willkill but that was fighting the zergs. Other than that I've been by myself, like I said AD has told me to run groups so I can get emp. I don't have no reason to lie , I've admitted to people killing me or whatever, I'm not a God I will die just like other players, though I have plenty of clips 1vxing.

But to be honest I'm not going to continue wasting my time with you, clearly you're just hiding behind a name which is really *** made lol so I'll leave you to it
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on December 30, 2016 10:47PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we just stop this where it's at?
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're both random scrub proctato noob scrub try hards.

Situation diffused! XD
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    You're both random scrub proctato noob scrub try hards.

Situation diffused! XD

Pot calling the kettle black here XD
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The saga continues.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dont like facts? GTFO

Talk trash to each other elsewhere, thanks. You're both randoms to me. Neither of you are important or matter in the grand scheme.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dont like facts? GTFO

Talk trash to each other elsewhere, thanks. You're both randoms to me. Neither of you are important or matter in the grand scheme.

Take your own advice. How are you going to say don't talk trash but try to throw shade at the same time? Lol how contradicting, such impudence.

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    You can't kill a heavy armour magplar 1v1, unless theyre really REALLY bad.

This. I've tried convincing the forum that Magplars are horrendously OP. But I'm stupid and don't know anything apparently (mained one for two years).

OP. Yes they are the best 1v1. We've had numerous duels in guild, swapping between characters/classes, it was Magplar winning every time.
    PC EU
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. I've tried convincing the forum that Magplars are horrendously OP. But I'm stupid and don't know anything apparently (mained one for two years).

OP. Yes they are the best 1v1. We've had numerous duels in guild, swapping between characters/classes, it was Magplar winning every time.

Names here, please. I'll ask these OP never-losing-in1v1-magplars to duel with some nice players of any class to show us how great the bestest of the best magplars are.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Moltyr
    Moltyr
    ✭✭✭
    So have been reading a lot about how easy they are to play and effective. On my Stam sorc I have problems facing mag dks and mag Templars. The Roots and ccs from dks are ruff. My main is a mag dk and I understand the 1v1 struggle against them. I have faced magplar that are almost invincible that still do amazing dps. The only class I have never played is templar and everyone says they are amazing and easy so what is the verdict? Should i make one?

Mageplar have great utility..But are NOT the best by far. Of course the "best" class is first and always the one you are most comfortable with...But mageplars are generally slower (less manuverable) than others. However, the utility I mentioned can overcome a lot of that. I recently leveled my first sorcerer...And I am baffled I didn't make one sooner. Easiest class to play, hands down.

• MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't seem to have much problems with most Mplars when playing my Stam DK's though. They only seem to be an issue to me in groups. I've played one as a main since Beta btw if it makes a difference.
  • utb99
    utb99
    ✭✭✭
    Mplar vs Mplar: Depends honestly, can be really short or very long. I've only dueled two really good magplars.
    Mplar vs Splar: Longer fight, but slight advantage to Mplar. In my experience, Stamplar has mediocre to ok sustain which is their downfall. Splars can win by running Mplars outta stam, or a Dawnbreaker into Jabs if it all crits. Stamplar has great healing and can purify Vamp. Bane, and RD. Its a descent match up.
    Mplar vs SDK: Long fight. Very rarely does the DK burst the Temp. If he wins, its usually by draining the Templar's resources. Magplar usually wins with hard pressure from Vamp Bane dot and sweeps. Slight advantage to Magplar
    Mplar vs Sblade: Speaking from personal experience, this is a tough class to duel, at first. Stamblades have very good burst and can drain your resources. Once you learn how to conserve Stamina and block their burst, Stamblades will be the easiest stam class to beat due to their extreme squishiness and lackluster healing. Large advantage to Magplar
    Mplar vs SSorc: Depends on the type of build the Sorc runs, but Mplar usually wins. We can bash dark deal, inturrept w/ toppling, and have great pressure overall. Oddly enough, if the sorc can keep his distance with snares to get his Dark Deal off, he becomes much harder to kill. Sorc has really good pressure and can burst as well. Advantage to Magplar
    Mplar vs Msorc: Depends on whether its a DW, Destro, or pet sorc. Usually long. DW is the strongest setup, followed by a pet build. Destro is ok, but becomes strong if the Temp. is a vamp. A sorc can easily frag a Magplar mid Topple or mid sweep for half his health. This combined with curse and Dawnbreaker makes going offensive for Mplars very risky. This isn't even including mines... advantage Sorc
    Mplar vs MNB: Idk about DW, but Destro NB is the Magplar's weakness. The NB can dodge your stun, your dot, can root you, snare you, and easily live through your sweeps (if you can even land them) Mblade has near total control of the fight, and has a killer burst that will wreck a Templar that isn't on his D-Bar. Like the sorcerer, its risky for the Templar to go offensive and can easily get bursted. Advantage to Mblade
    Mplar vs MDK: Even. The DK has the best control of any class and the best combo in the game. However, the Templar negates that with purify. Without dots, the MDK doesn't pressure nearly as hard and has to rely on his meteor. For the templar, its very hard to land his jabs due to talons, fossilize, and having to purify dots. He relies on meteor or crescent to burst the DK. Probably the longest fight in the game imo.

Mained Magplar since 1.6 X1 release and I've played all classes. I've beaten ppl considered the best or top tier in every class (zJars and I can't kill each other) (Never really got to duel Shellin3D), and I've lost to those same ppl as well. Magplar is a fun class to play and is the best bc...... lore.
    'The gods can turn anything to good' -Martin Septim
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭

dont like facts? GTFO

Take your own advice. How are you going to say don't talk trash but try to throw shade at the same time? Lol how contradicting, such impudence.

you rage on the forums as much as you rage every time you die. hahahahaha. yet you come on here ralking about some ones ego.

hey pug youre on xbox there never was any popular magplars. get over it!
    Edited by americansteel on January 1, 2017 11:02PM
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But they can't kill you either. A Templar that's not dying isn't doing any damage and if they are being too passive they will never be able to kill you. If anything they will just turn the fight into a stalemate. I agree though a magplar that doesn't want to die will not die

Edited by thankyourat on January 1, 2017 11:09PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dont like facts? GTFO

you rage on the forums as much as you rage every time you die. hahahahaha. yet you come on here ralking about some ones ego.

hey pug youre on xbox there never was any popular magplars. get over it!

Stop asking for my attention, speak to me when you can say your GT you little ***, if not we have nothing to discuss. I don't talk to people who hide and try to talk trash because no one knows who they are. You're a clown, go drown yourself.

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dont like facts? GTFO

It's the truth, not trash talking. If you take insult that's because you're a wuss.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dont like facts? GTFO

It's the truth, not trash talking. If you take insult that's because you're a wuss.

Shade is shade & it's not the truth , it's your truth. Truth is based on how YOU perceive things, making it no more than an opinion. If you take me calling you a dimwit as an insult you're a wuss.

• CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka templar is absolutely not the best 1v1 class...it's far too clunky and disjointed to be the best in a duel. The class relies entirely on channeled abilities for the heavy hits and has no good class CCs to be spoken of. They are too squishy in light and there isn't enough damage in heavy. That's really all that needs to be said. The quick burst and skillful combos just aren't there as you'd find on a magicka sorc, NB, or DK which are imo all better than the magplar 1v1. If you're struggling in duels vs magplars you just don't know how to counter the class. Not to say it can't be good in the right hands, anything can. But definitely not the best in my experience dueling with and against everything out there.

I've come to learn not to assume anything about console players, so I'm not gonna even comment on that but as far as PC NA goes there's very few magplars on the dueling scene and there's a reason for that. Also a reason very few players stream as magplars in solo/1vX play where there is much overlap with dueling mechanics and build concepts.

No magplar is not great in duels or solo play, but makes up for it by being one of if not the best class in a group setting.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    utb99 wrote: »
    Mplar vs Mplar: Depends honestly, can be really short or very long. I've only dueled two really good magplars.
    Mplar vs Splar: Longer fight, but slight advantage to Mplar. In my experience, Stamplar has mediocre to ok sustain which is their downfall. Splars can win by running Mplars outta stam, or a Dawnbreaker into Jabs if it all crits. Stamplar has great healing and can purify Vamp. Bane, and RD. Its a descent match up.
    Mplar vs SDK: Long fight. Very rarely does the DK burst the Temp. If he wins, its usually by draining the Templar's resources. Magplar usually wins with hard pressure from Vamp Bane dot and sweeps. Slight advantage to Magplar
    Mplar vs Sblade: Speaking from personal experience, this is a tough class to duel, at first. Stamblades have very good burst and can drain your resources. Once you learn how to conserve Stamina and block their burst, Stamblades will be the easiest stam class to beat due to their extreme squishiness and lackluster healing. Large advantage to Magplar
    Mplar vs SSorc: Depends on the type of build the Sorc runs, but Mplar usually wins. We can bash dark deal, inturrept w/ toppling, and have great pressure overall. Oddly enough, if the sorc can keep his distance with snares to get his Dark Deal off, he becomes much harder to kill. Sorc has really good pressure and can burst as well. Advantage to Magplar
    Mplar vs Msorc: Depends on whether its a DW, Destro, or pet sorc. Usually long. DW is the strongest setup, followed by a pet build. Destro is ok, but becomes strong if the Temp. is a vamp. A sorc can easily frag a Magplar mid Topple or mid sweep for half his health. This combined with curse and Dawnbreaker makes going offensive for Mplars very risky. This isn't even including mines... advantage Sorc
    Mplar vs MNB: Idk about DW, but Destro NB is the Magplar's weakness. The NB can dodge your stun, your dot, can root you, snare you, and easily live through your sweeps (if you can even land them) Mblade has near total control of the fight, and has a killer burst that will wreck a Templar that isn't on his D-Bar. Like the sorcerer, its risky for the Templar to go offensive and can easily get bursted. Advantage to Mblade
    Mplar vs MDK: Even. The DK has the best control of any class and the best combo in the game. However, the Templar negates that with purify. Without dots, the MDK doesn't pressure nearly as hard and has to rely on his meteor. For the templar, its very hard to land his jabs due to talons, fossilize, and having to purify dots. He relies on meteor or crescent to burst the DK. Probably the longest fight in the game imo.

Mained Magplar since 1.6 X1 release and I've played all classes. I've beaten ppl considered the best or top tier in every class (zJars and I can't kill each other) (Never really got to duel Shellin3D), and I've lost to those same ppl as well. Magplar is a fun class to play and is the best bc...... lore.

This is pretty darn accurate, from my experience. Personally, I would say the mDK has a slight advantage over the magplar, though. MDK's are tough because of roots, which make jabs impossible to aim, but it's compounded even further against the magplar because when they purify, they also clear that one DoT whose removal heals the DK based on the damage done, so in effect, every time you purge those DoTs and roots, you start over from square one, but the mDK, while he can't keep his ideal pressure because of the purify, still has a devastating meteor/fossilize combo.

There are also some very scary stamblades out there. The one I have in mind is a flawless conqueror who ducked into cloak at ALL the inopportune moments and opened his burst with fears, almost on cc immunity cooldown. Run out of stamina and youre done.

Adding to the stamsorc matchup, it seems that whoever keeps the highest pressure wins. To disengage is a death sentence at low health. When losing to stamsorcs, I've found it helpful to drop defensive skills in favor of even more damaging skills, for the purpose of pressure.
    Edited by WhiteMage on January 2, 2017 12:52AM
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    utb99 wrote: »

I agree with this list mostly except for the destro magblade part. It's true when you talk about duelers who use a magplar where I have yet to lose to duelers who use magplar on my destro magblade unless I make a big mistake. It's the scrappy ones who aren't duelers that are hard to deal with because eclipse then javelin rock my world not to mention the darkflare, javelin, meteor combo where I have to slot crushing shock since the javelin punishes my stamina. Most duelers look down on eclipse being used though.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons