The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is magplar best 1v1 class in pvp

Jjitsuboy98
Jjitsuboy98
✭✭✭✭
So have been reading a lot about how easy they are to play and effective. On my Stam sorc I have problems facing mag dks and mag Templars. The Roots and ccs from dks are ruff. My main is a mag dk and I understand the 1v1 struggle against them. I have faced magplar that are almost invincible that still do amazing dps. The only class I have never played is templar and everyone says they are amazing and easy so what is the verdict? Should i make one?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anything with shield and sword is the best dueling class. Except for magic sorcs.
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of magplar is everyone saying is so easy? Muscle memory aids me when I'm playing my magplar so it's easy for me, but I don't see many of what I call real magplars, charging around with pointy sticks blazing, around in Cyrodiil, for how easy it is. Now what I do see is a ton of heavy armor healplars block casting BoL from their SnB, but out-tanking someone doesn't make for much of a duel.

For a "real magplar", magic classes are all tough, but mDK is incredibly aggrivating and mNB feels like a hard counter. Gotta be aware of those. Every class will have poor matchups.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't kill a heavy armour magplar 1v1, unless theyre really REALLY bad.
    Edited by Valencer on December 27, 2016 10:48AM
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »

Expand on this
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Expand on this

It's a very forgiving spec to play. BoL is a great emergency burst heal. Heavy armour helps a ton with limiting incoming burst (and also gives you enough stamina sustain to CC break reliably whenever you need to), and cleansing ritual means you can't put pressure on magplars with DoTs. Definitely one of the toughest specs to kill.
    Edited by Valencer on December 27, 2016 11:08AM
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on what you bring to the fight. IMO Stam DK has the best overall tools/options (if they are used) for 1v1/dueling.

Magplars can seem impossible to certain builds/setups. Typically the easiest win against a trolltank one is to pressure them enough that they run out of magicka - this means doing a lot of damage pressure, and forcing them to cleanse constantly. Against the higher DPS ones that aren't wearing reactive/malubeth, you just need to find that burst window while they are still on their DPS bar before they swap to heal. Most of them tend to block to much and run out of stam.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Orc is.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MagDK is the best in 1v1
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who wins the most duelling tourneys? Pretty sure it ain't Magplars.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very few player's that switched to magplar actually like them, I always get messages saying how did I play one for so long lol on top of that there's very few popular magplars.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is reason why 90% of magplars are just healbots and malubeth blazing tanks..
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    It really depends on what you bring to the fight. IMO Stam DK has the best overall tools/options (if they are used) for 1v1/dueling.

Magplars can seem impossible to certain builds/setups. Typically the easiest win against a trolltank one is to pressure them enough that they run out of magicka - this means doing a lot of damage pressure, and forcing them to cleanse constantly. Against the higher DPS ones that aren't wearing reactive/malubeth, you just need to find that burst window while they are still on their DPS bar before they swap to heal. Most of them tend to block to much and run out of stam.

Agree stam dk is the best. But magplar can stall fights indefinitely. Or at least till the destro ult is charged.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka templars are not easier than any other class. They have Thier own strengths and weaknesses. You just have to know them and play to the strengths and away from the weakness. Those depend on your build. Invincible templars don't do amazing dps. They probably just got lucky procing burning light and hit you with blazing spear while jabbing.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar has the worst ability to deal damage in 1x1. Because sweeps have so many issues... I saw a lot of duels and tourneys, and magicka templar simply can't defeat a player who counters his sweeps. Roots, snares, accurate position can really ruin mplar's sweeps
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you main a mDK and can't kill a magplar you're doing it wrong. Magplar is the most poorly suited class in the game to beat mDK, yet here you are saying magplars can't be killed unless they're bad...

mDK is the best magika based dueling class, but only because its got soft/hard counters for all other magika builds, stam sorc is much stronger in duels so is stam DK
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

If you main a mDK and can't kill a magplar you're doing it wrong. Magplar is the most poorly suited class in the game to beat mDK, yet here you are saying magplars can't be killed unless they're bad...

mDK is the best magika based dueling class, but only because its got soft/hard counters for all other magika builds, stam sorc is much stronger in duels so is stam DK

I watched a heavy armor mag dk vs a heavy armor magplar fight last week. It was such a dull fight lol. Stam sorc feels kind of weak to me. it could be though that I main a magblade and Stam sorc either can't cc me or can't hit me because they lack a gap closer
    Edited by thankyourat on December 27, 2016 9:01PM
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I watched a heavy armor mag dk vs a heavy armor magplar fight last week. It was such a dull fight lol. Stam sorc feels kind of weak to me. it could be though that I main a magblade and Stam sorc either can't cc me or can't hit me because they lack a gap closer

The strongest of stamsorc builds for dueling (imo) is DW/bow, which happens to be countered pretty well by magblade. You just feel like they're weak because your class/build is one of their weaknesses.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I've had crazy amounts of success running 5l 1h 1m on mDK for duels, without the chance of getting blown up by a ganker its just not necessary to have all those resists in duels
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get destroyed by good mag dks on my Stam sorc. The perma cc and roots are to much. On my mag dk I really only have trouble against light armor dual wield resto staff dks. My spec is a heavy armor dk double sword and board.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get destroyed by good mag dks on my Stam sorc. The perma cc and roots are to much. On my mag dk I really only have trouble against light armor dual wield resto staff dks. My spec is a heavy armor dk double sword and board.

You on NA/PC by chance?
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

You on NA/PC by chance?

Yes I used to play a year and a half ago on pc. Think I'm only 300 Cp though. I usually just play on ps4 These days due to not having enough time. I would like to play again on pc but every time I say I'm going to I dread the CP grind to max.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You on NA/PC by chance?

Yes I used to play a year and a half ago on pc. Think I'm only 300 Cp though. I usually just play on ps4 These days due to not having enough time. I would like to play again on pc but every time I say I'm going to I dread the CP grind to max.

I see. Was going to offer to show you some tips for stamsorc vs magdk by dueling you on your DK. The outcome might be a little different than you expect ;)
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

You on NA/PC by chance?

I see. Was going to offer to show you some tips for stamsorc vs magdk by dueling you on your DK. The outcome might be a little different than you expect ;)

Do u run dual wield and bow or two handed and sword and board?
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You on NA/PC by chance?

I prefer DW/bow against a magdk.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And a heavy armor magplar shouldn't kill anything 1v1 unless the target is really bad.

Poor CC, zero mobility, no zerg to hide behind for Jesus Beam; just root them or move away from their jabs.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

You on NA/PC by chance?

I thought about just using immovable pots against magic dk.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very few player's that switched to magplar actually like them, I always get messages saying how did I play one for so long lol on top of that there's very few popular magplars.

very few popular magplars? youre on xbox1 there never was any famous magplars to begin with.

nearly the majority of xbox players are stam DK NB and now a massive influx of orc stam sorc fengrush fanboys.

to the OP magplars are last in line period

even heavy armor 7/7 impen the crit/stam damage along with proc sets is stacked too high for templars,

, mag sorcs still dominate templars open world or dueling.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭

You on NA/PC by chance?

I thought about just using immovable pots against magic dk.

Won't help you against talons

And a heavy armor magplar shouldn't kill anything 1v1 unless the target is really bad.

Poor CC, zero mobility, no zerg to hide behind for Jesus Beam; just root them or move away from their jabs.

Heavy armor magplar has gotten a bad dps rap because of blazing shields and permablock healers but I've been running my heavy kags and soulshine jewelry/swords and skoria wrecking people on 1v1. I will admit mDK is the biggest pain though because of our limited mobility which causes a lot of us to rely on mistform.
    Edited by a1i3nz on December 28, 2016 7:15AM
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've played mag templar a lot while solo-ing. But 1v1 wise. No magtemplar is no where near being the best. Simplest reason being templar has a real terrible damage dealing skill (ZOS BRING BACK KNOCKBACK FOR JABS PLS I MEAN IT). Jabs is sooo unreliable and easy to get off from. But if u are talking about surviving then yes templars are real good.
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

very few popular magplars? youre on xbox1 there never was any famous magplars to begin with.

nearly the majority of xbox players are stam DK NB and now a massive influx of orc stam sorc fengrush fanboys..

Lol what are you talking about? Golden Guns, JarJar when he played it, Sick Tu Sick, Nero, Set By Example, dude that ran with Alligator can't think of his GT, pulp fiction , clutchies, me, even kidd just to name a few lol a few new additions as well since more people started playing magplar. So I don't get what you mean..
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on December 28, 2016 9:01AM