The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is magplar best 1v1 class in pvp

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very few player's that switched to magplar actually like them, I always get messages saying how did I play one for so long lol on top of that there's very few popular magplars.

very few popular magplars? youre on xbox1 there never was any famous magplars to begin with.

nearly the majority of xbox players are stam DK NB and now a massive influx of orc stam sorc fengrush fanboys..

Lol what are you talking about? Golden Guns, JarJar when he played it, Sick Tu Sick, Nero, Set By Example, dude that ran with Alligator can't think of his GT, pulp fiction , clutchies, me, even kidd just to name a few lol a few new additions as well since more people started playing magplar. So I don't get what you mean..

He can't actually play on xbox if he believes that, there's so many magplars that I fill my kill templar quest almost as fast as enemy players. It takes like 5 minutes defending any keep to get 20 templars
  • utb99
    utb99
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar is strong against Stam Builds and Descent against Magicka Builds in general. The Best counter to Magplar is a Magicka NB. M. DK is an annoying fight as well but I don't consider them a tough fight. Magplar counters Stamblade and Stam Sorc.
    Just Because you can stall a duel doesn't make your class good. A Heavy armor Templar may not die, but he isn't killing people either if he's playing defensively. Same goes for all classes.
    IMO, Magicka Templar is the 3rd best Dueling Class. #1 is Magicka DK, #2 is Stam Sorc.
    'The gods can turn anything to good' -Martin Septim
  • utb99
    utb99
    ✭✭✭
    Very few player's that switched to magplar actually like them, I always get messages saying how did I play one for so long lol on top of that there's very few popular magplars.

very few popular magplars? youre on xbox1 there never was any famous magplars to begin with.

nearly the majority of xbox players are stam DK NB and now a massive influx of orc stam sorc fengrush fanboys..

Lol what are you talking about? Golden Guns, JarJar when he played it, Sick Tu Sick, Nero, Set By Example, dude that ran with Alligator can't think of his GT, pulp fiction , clutchies, me, even kidd just to name a few lol a few new additions as well since more people started playing magplar. So I don't get what you mean..

Forgot Someone? Kappa
    'The gods can turn anything to good' -Martin Septim
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    utb99 wrote: »
    Magicka Templar is strong against Stam Builds and Descent against Magicka Builds in general. The Best counter to Magplar is a Magicka NB. M. DK is an annoying fight as well but I don't consider them a tough fight. Magplar counters Stamblade and Stam Sorc.
    Just Because you can stall a duel doesn't make your class good. A Heavy armor Templar may not die, but he isn't killing people either if he's playing defensively. Same goes for all classes.
    IMO, Magicka Templar is the 3rd best Dueling Class. #1 is Magicka DK, #2 is Stam Sorc.

I think I would put mag sorc and stam dk ahead of magplar as well. I feel magplar is just missing out on some burst damage and it doesn't have the mobility to pull off light armor to make up for it, along with jabs being easy to counter with a root and just moving behind them. Just my opinion though.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, i wouldn't say they are the best, not sure there is a best considering counters and differences in builds. My opinion would be mag dk. But to the Op i have tremendous success in duels on mine. Jabs works great for me if there is no lag.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think people are overplaying the ineffectiveness of DoTs, especially on magplars... In the current ying/yang dps-survivability meta, some of the DoT builds floating around apply more than 5 effects per second. I am also constantly amazed at the number of templars running ritual of heal debuff me.

You can apply at least two DoT's without using a DoT skill...

• Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    being the best 1v1 class in the game, as you call it

class can't do anything against pressure.

I literally rek every templar i see 1v1, on my templar. And when i see one, I know its either a free kill or a malubeth user which i just let go. That can not be said about any other class/spec in the game. Stamina sorcs put a lot of pressure, magicka sorcs are situational and can be caught off guard with no shields. Nbs... well nbs do their job with slene/viper/velidreth procs dealing 80% of your health in 1 second. DKs are meh, idk, i just run away from them.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think magDKs in the right hands are the best in 1v1, they're going to be OP after they get buffed.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think magDKs in the right hands are the best in 1v1, they're going to be OP after they get buffed.

Use immovable pots and mdk are trash in 1v1
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if there is no lag.

That's the thing.. some classes get worse in laggy conditions, ie Templars, where half of the skill set suddenly doesn't work anymore, while others get better, ie. NB, where Fear often becomes too hard or impossible to break.

• Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Immovable doesn't stop them from parking you in talons and the 15s duration still gives them a chance to petrify you into a meteor.

If you really want to give a mDK the middle finger, wear reactive.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    being the best 1v1 class in the game, as you call it

class can't do anything against pressure.

I literally rek every templar i see 1v1, on my templar. And when i see one, I know its either a free kill or a malubeth user which i just let go. That can not be said about any other class/spec in the game. Stamina sorcs put a lot of pressure, magicka sorcs are situational and can be caught off guard with no shields. Nbs... well nbs do their job with slene/viper/velidreth procs dealing 80% of your health in 1 second. DKs are meh, idk, i just run away from them.

It must be a Templar thing. According to KillCounter Templar is my "most killed" AND my "most killed by" class. Almost exactly 30% each.
  • Greyhame
    Greyhame
    ✭✭
    I would say they are the least fun to deal with one on one. I think there are DK builds that are better but I don't mind losing I just mind fights that go on forever. I don't do much dueling but in open field I usually avoid Heavy templars. If they don't drop in the first exchange which isn't very often then they will delay long enough to either get backup from a nearby group or get enough ULT to drop a destro ult and spam radiant, which has a decent chance of ending the fight.

There is not another class that I actively avoid. Maybe I would feel different if I stacked proc sets but I don't currently.
    Greyhame
    [PS4][NA][Ebonheart Pact]
    [SVER True Bloods]
    [Elder Skrubs]
    [Skooma Syndicate]
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »

Immovable doesn't stop them from parking you in talons and the 15s duration still gives them a chance to petrify you into a meteor.

wear 2H with forward momentum.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

How does reactive work? Do you have to wait out the stun or does it work after you cc break?
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How does reactive work? Do you have to wait out the stun or does it work after you cc break?

Reactive works while immobilized for one, and as far as I've been able to tell the proc lasts the duration that the CC would last even if you break it.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For 1v1 gotta be magDK.....unless you run 5 storm knight, 5 overwhelming surge, and 2 pc skoria on a HA magplar. Literally wrecks magDKs (until next patch when they get the Wrobel treatment and Proc sets lose crit)
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on December 29, 2016 6:03PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

Reactive works while immobilized for one, and as far as I've been able to tell the proc lasts the duration that the CC would last even if you break it.

Holy heck that's insane. Why haven't I been running that.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cuz Reactive can't be good choice for a magicka DPS'er? If you want be just a hard thing to kill, yep, wear it, but if you want to kill things, you have to run damage bonus set.
    Edited by Ashamray on December 29, 2016 11:39PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »

Cuz Reactive can't be good choice for a magicka DPS'er? If you want be just a hard thing to kill, yep, wear it, but if you want to kill things, you have to run damage bonus set.

Wearing viper and tremorscale should make up for the loss of a damage armor set though I would think. Plus I can add add another weapon damage set to my jewelry if needed. Of course that's just me thinking it might be different when I try it. I just know I don't stack alot of damage now and I burst amazing with proc sets.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »

Wearing viper and tremorscale should make up for the loss of a damage armor set though I would think. Plus I can add add another weapon damage set to my jewelry if needed. Of course that's just me thinking it might be different when I try it. I just know I don't stack alot of damage now and I burst amazing with proc sets.

*weapon damage glyph not set
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭

first off golden guns was caught cheating multiple times along with exploiting the pheonix set glitch.

evey person you have listed always run with their own groups and or next to larger groups.

every time i seen you, you were always next to EP groups.

this topic was about best 1v1 class, not open world or playing shuffle monkey around rocks.

i wiped example months ago in chillrend when he was emperor, very crap heal bot.

those you listed always found bad EP players with awful builds, i seen this too many times in haderus and scourge, it seems the majority of EP are wall healers, bad heal bots, lack dps/sustain or jave bad situational awareness of surroundings.

oh i almost forgot i caught you many times on your bananna templar. take your name off this list
    Edited by americansteel on December 30, 2016 12:51AM
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

first off golden guns was caught cheating multiple times along with exploiting the pheonix set glitch.

evey person you have listed always run with their own groups and or next to larger groups.

this topic was about best 1v1 class, not open world or playing shuffle monkey around rocks.

i wiped example months ago in chillrend when he was emperor, very crap heal bot.

those you listed always found bad EP players with awful builds, i seen this too many times in haderus and scourge, it seems the majority of EP are wall healers, bad heal bots, lack dps/sustain or jave bad situational awareness of surroundings.

oh i almost forgot i caught you many times on your bananna templar. take your name off this list

Yeah and somehow you're better than them all? LOOL I can guarantee you're a random and clearly you have an ego screaming "look at me"

• Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The set is strong for a stamina DPS who wants to 1vX IMO. You combine it with a DPS monster set and DPS-based jewelry and weapons, and you still have a lot of killing power. Add Quick Cloak to your DW bar and dawnbreakers/meteors will tickle (quick cloak also reduces damage from destro ult, sorc curse and similar AOE attacks). I typically use lingering health potions with it because the synergy is strong. Immovable is my go-to when using Spriggan or Black Rose. I've tried sustain DPS setups like Slimecraw + Agility + VMA weapons, and bursty setups like Velidreth + Viper, and both are very good in the right situations. Anyone who can't cleanse absolutely melts to dots that tick for 2500-5k with the VMA setup.
    Edited by Kutsuu on December 30, 2016 2:36PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen a lot personal opinions presented but are there any modern dueling tournament videos that can be linked to back any of the claims up?

I looked up some videos, one is a 3hr tournament recorded by blobsky from the end of September. I saw two mDKs. 1 fought a sorc, or rather fought to get out of root after root but tied the match. The other fought a Templar and while he wasn't wrecked he was on the ropes and slowly dying the entire fight until he eventually got RD'd and died.

I know it's "common knowledge" that mDK's are the best at 1v1 but people parrot everything they hear twice on these forums so I don't know where to find the truth of it. I don't do these coordinated 1v1s, but I do solo and encounter the same people that do and I don't see this in my own experience or from watching some of these tournaments. I just don't see mDK's being represented in these tourneys like they are reported to be on the forums.
    Edited by Armitas on December 30, 2016 4:45PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imho they're relatively easy to get to a level where you're seriously strong in 1v1 situations:

1) sweeps is an incredible skill if you take both, damage and selfheal into account. (and actually hit, see below)
    2) they can be built tanky (heavy armor + burst heal + s&b bar are possible) and leave margin for error.
    3) having access to a strong execute, they leave less margin for error on the enemy side (especially dangerous to disengage when under pressure against magplars)
    4) they can selfpurge about as much as they want
    5) they have access to potent dots

however, I don't think they're "the best":
    if both parties play really well, a meele channel like sweeps loses lots of its strength. if you got the movement patterns down, the templar loses damage (and heal). thus, templar skills don't do as much per cast as, say, burning embers, vigor, hurricane, rally, etc that deal incredible damage and/or heal for a single cast. between very strong players, I think templars may have problems to dictate the pace of the fight. they're hard to kill and wait for an enemy mistake. But they have a hard time forcing enemy mistakes
    Edited by Kas on December 30, 2016 5:21PM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah and somehow you're better than them all? LOOL I can guarantee you're a random and clearly you have an ego screaming "look at me"

did i say i was better? you mad cuz i called you out on BS?

check your ego try hard, try hards call others randoms as if its an insult, every ones a random including YOU.

dont like facts? GTFO
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    I have seen a lot personal opinions presented but are there any modern dueling tournament videos that can be linked to back any of the claims up?

I looked up some videos, one is a 3hr tournament recorded by blobsky from the end of September. I saw two mDKs. 1 fought a sorc, or rather fought to get out of root after root but tied the match. The other fought a Templar and while he wasn't wrecked he was on the ropes and slowly dying the entire fight until he eventually got RD'd and died.

I know it's "common knowledge" that mDK's are the best at 1v1 but people parrot everything they hear twice on these forums so I don't know where to find the truth of it. I don't do these coordinated 1v1s, but I do solo and encounter the same people that do and I don't see this in my own experience or from watching some of these tournaments. I just don't see mDK's being represented in these tourneys like they are reported to be on the forums.

The thing about dueling tournaments is that they tend to implement a ton of rules, some of them arbitrary ones in favor of the organizer of the event, that don't show the full picture of 1v1 in the real game where you don't have rules. IMO the outcome of these tournaments doesn't answer the question asked by this thread because of those rules/restrictions.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka DK. I don't know if it's the class or the players that duel them, but these guys are amazing.

When they get buffed next patch it's going to be god-mode.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

did i say i was better? you mad cuz i called you out on BS?

check your ego try hard, try hards call others randoms as if its an insult, every ones a random including YOU.

dont like facts? GTFO

I don't even know who you are? Judging by your tone you're indeed a random, nothing factual about what you're saying, learn the definition you moron. You talk about insults but the first to try to insult ? How stupid are you lol

Please say your gt and stop hiding behind a random name like a twitch trash talker, thanks lol