The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Update on Personalities

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh good more crown store frou-frous any word on actual content being developed?
    no, player housing is not content.
    Says you. A lot of people like frou-frou things that make our games more lively. And as far as I'm concerned, player housing with associated crafting is a HUGE amount of content. I'm very much looking forward to it.

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the Holier-than-thou personalty that the Altmer priests have?
    Edited by Vanthras79 on January 30, 2017 9:13PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Oh also, for future personality feedback: I'd like to see something "intimidating". Broad shoulders, chest sort of puffed, not unsimilar to the heroic stance but maybe a little more stern/angry looking, but not at the same levels as the angry personality with the clenched fists and head tilted down.

Also some sort of a "dashing" type personality. Think Han Solo, some swagger to the step, body language kind of laid back

i think the Assassin personaity is very han solo-ish. albeit annoying with the dagger every 2 seconds.
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
    Khajiiti Stamina Nightblade
    Master Thief, Dark Brotherhood Executioner, Former Dro m'Athra Shade
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Could you guys add a juggle lighting?
    There is an option for juggle flame, but not for lighting. It would so so cool, since my character is a Sorc.
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a han solo/star lord, between sly, charming and flirty would be awesome! flirty smile and cool poses.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the Perfect Personality?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• ThalmorJusticiar
    the Arrogant personality must be a must. xD
  • Schizoid-man
    Schizoid-man
    ✭✭
    I think the next step with personalities and emotes in general should be to allow players to interact with each other. Perhaps, for example, with the new duchess personality, the interaction should allow the character to extend her hand for another player to take and kiss, should they want to of course! There are many ways that players could greet one another too. A handshake, or to clasp each others forearm, fistbump, etc. Stuff like that.
  • Valorin
    Valorin
    ✭✭✭
    Being able to turn off/customize emotes on personalities would be awesome because those emote loops disqualify personalities for RP. Being able to just stand around in a certain pose without throwing around a stupid dagger or laughing out loud would we awesome.

Looking from an RP perspective I want a personality as subtle as possible, also concerning walking animations. I can't use the heroic personality for an RP character because it looks absolutely ridiculous walking around like that. :D
    On the other hand, it has to be distinctive, and not all of us are RPers and just want to pose around. And why not?

Toggles are something ESO misses. I'd LOVE to toggle away that shield icon when blocking, only for me to _not_ see (no, haven't gotten used to it. Still ugly).
    I'd LOVE to be able to dye my weapons, because, look at some fashion choices concerning armour... can't be any worse and weapons are already PINK in the vanilla game once they are cp150... (my poor Nord carries a pink axe... Imagine a three pages rant on that topic, by the way).
    I'd also LOVE to customize personalities more. And well, here it comes. Awesome! Please be thorough with it and give us full control over a personality's features, not only half control.
    Edited by Valorin on February 6, 2017 1:27PM
  • MusekininKanchou
    MusekininKanchou
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to say my wife love the new countess personality. She put on her Draugr costume and spent 20 minutes emoting and laughing herself into a asthma attack. The Dark Brotherhood skeleton is also pretty funny primping in the mirror or checking to see if it's butt looks fat.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like a Warrior personality. Something with a tough brawler idle stance, a more lumbering jog/run, maybe a crouch/kneel with weapons drawn.

Additional emote suggestions:
    -A /train or /spar emote that does various "practice" combat animations in place depending on your equipped weapon.

-an adjustment to the taunt animation based on your equipped weapon. E.g. with sword and shield you bang your weapon on the front of your shield, with staff or two hand you do a weapon spin, dust wield drags the two blades against each other, and bow shoots a few arrows into the ground in front of you.

PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we have less exaggerated personalities,.

For example the nervous cheerful and lazy dutchess are bit too far with the standard posture.

Cheerful could do with less foot tapping and the hands on hips makes it bit, weird and the constant "jumping" could be reduced as well.

The mew dutchess isfine in other aspects, but the standard idle posture is once again, exaggerated a bit too far. Looking from side, it looks like the lady is either having deformed spinal column or is just too lazy to take the correct noble posture. She could really stand a bit more proud and straight.
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flirtatious personality
    Jester personality
    Vampire personality
    drink from chalice should be added too the duchess personality
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SeanMiller

Forgive me if someone mentioned already somewhere in this thread, but as I was moving lanterns and other lighting objects around in my house last night, it came to me:

The NPCs in the game that walk around in Heist/Sacrament missions with the lanterns? I want that.

A "Watchman" personality that carries a lantern around would be awesome.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game needs more knife hands.

62719333.jpg
    Edited by WalkingLegacy on February 11, 2017 1:31AM
  • SofiDesune
    SofiDesune
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love another option regarding 'feminim' personalities, seeing as we have the douchess which can be far over the top for some, atleast for me, a bit too much with her nose in the sky.

A more, subtle one?

Perhaps a shy one aswell?
  • JasminaChillibeaner
    I'd like to be able to adjust facial expressions and their degrees.

The 'Angry' and 'Cheerful' personalities are fantastic but the wearer's faces seem unnaturally distorted, which is offputting to me as a buyer. If we could have a slider between neutral and exaggerated it would make a lot of difference to players who like to use a persona but want to maintain their characters' aesthetics.
    PC/EU/EP
    Leader of Constellation
    PvE Templar Healer and Achievement Hunter
  • Light_Bringer17
    I was thinking about a class based personalty. I'm not sure how that would work, but it would be cool if there was things like:
    • DK's occasionally have a walking animation that leaves behind a little footprint that is on fire. Faintly, needs to be subtle.
    • Sorcs may play with a ball of lightning in their hands, maybe they throw it and it comes back to them.
    • Templars conjure a spear to poke in the ground and lean on it, or just play with it and leave a small hole where the spear was.
    • NB's could have their shadows bug them as if their conjured images were playing games on your character.

An adventurer personality would also be pretty neat too!

This! This is what we need xD
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For reasons entirely unrelated to the fact that this one has just opened a tavern this one she would find it really useful if there was a 'bartender' personality where they perhaps juggle glasses and pour things yes?

Yours with paws (and a tavern)
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about a class based personalty. I'm not sure how that would work, but it would be cool if there was things like:
    • DK's occasionally have a walking animation that leaves behind a little footprint that is on fire. Faintly, needs to be subtle.
    • Sorcs may play with a ball of lightning in their hands, maybe they throw it and it comes back to them.
    • Templars conjure a spear to poke in the ground and lean on it, or just play with it and leave a small hole where the spear was.
    • NB's could have their shadows bug them as if their conjured images were playing games on your character.

This! This is what we need xD

Ive also said Class Based is the way to go. I think 4 personality per Class and then 20 or so as reward, maybe a few ultra rare one, something really cool to cause enviness to other people. Class Based Personalities would be great way to promote new Classes as they add them like Warden now.
    Edited by Sausage on February 15, 2017 5:01PM
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    For reasons entirely unrelated to the fact that this one has just opened a tavern this one she would find it really useful if there was a 'bartender' personality where they perhaps juggle glasses and pour things yes?

Yours with paws (and a tavern)
    Santie Claws

The "Tom Cruise Cocktail" personality
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
    Khajiiti Stamina Nightblade
    Master Thief, Dark Brotherhood Executioner, Former Dro m'Athra Shade
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warrior personality.

If you have a blade your character will twirl them around in your hand, for 2H

And similarly for Sword and Shield with the occasional Sword hitting your shield like a taunt.

Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A licensed fool personality, perhaps wrobel-like?

• Turbotailz
    Turbotailz
    ✭✭
    I'm glad you added personality to the game. Totally role playing vibe, but if you can do more similar to the thief personality like running animation and such. That would be totally super awesome cool.
    Friend: This one has a cool joke to tell. Want to hear?
    Me: Sure okay.
    Friend: What can a frozen band-aid be applied on?
    Me: This one don't know. Tell me.
    Friend: A cold cut. Get it?? hehehe
    Me:.... *activates Grim Focus!*
    Friend: No wait! it's a joke! please!
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    Male Casanova (Don Juan) personality.(not femine).

- a real casanova only need to enter a place 'tip off'

• arpadsweb16_ESO
    arpadsweb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I want the personality where we're holding onto a skull during conversation, or talking to it, etc.

Also, the Telvanni Magister emotes: Ritual, and Doom are cut parts from the juggleflame loop - that's super lame, give us levitation instead as a ritual loop. (The emote is meant to be a looping one in the first place) And make something cool out of doom, it's called DOOM!

• arpadsweb16_ESO
    arpadsweb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    pvw88.jpg
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[*] DK's occasionally have a walking animation that leaves behind a little footprint that is on fire. Faintly, needs to be subtle.
    [*] Sorcs may play with a ball of lightning in their hands, maybe they throw it and it comes back to them.
    [*] Templars conjure a spear to poke in the ground and lean on it, or just play with it and leave a small hole where the spear was.
    [*] NB's could have their shadows bug them as if their conjured images were playing games on your character.
    [/list]

just bumping 4 creativity and awesomeness

Edited by MakoFore on May 30, 2017 1:42PM
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the book reading animation! The best of the telvanni personality.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biggest issue with personalities I have is movement. Option to toggle to standard walking/ running is needed. Second when adding emotes say /juggleflame instead should be /juggleflame2 so option to use normal or personality ones up to player.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
This discussion has been closed.