The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update on Personalities

• Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    @ZOS_SeanMiller ...great thread- much thanks <3

any chance on getting some pipe smoking action going on?

can't think of anything finer than having a cyro group all together smoking out - seeing how that's exactly what's going on in group chat...

smoking tobacco in a pipe that is... >:)

SkoomaPipe_MW.png

My kind of pipe ;)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we fix that camp af mincing walk from the commander personality?
    It's not very commanding, just incredibly fruity.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bards or musicians are good ideas, with animations for lute/flute/drums and any form of musical addition
    Actually... for bards, I'd want more then a mere personality. I think they'd deserve their own guilder fun: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/306759/additional-guild-ideas
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

can't think of anything finer than having a cyro group all together smoking out - seeing how that's exactly what's going on in group chat...

SkoomaPipe_MW.png

My kind of pipe ;)
    I was thinking Skooma or Moon Sugar in a pipe would make more sense than tobacco; thanks for the reminder that it was already a thing! Morrowind, right?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna see a stereotypic gay personality :D something that makes you walk fabulously, giggle like a child, cry like a drama queen, becoming really happy fellow when drunk and drink/eat like a well mannered noble (with your pinky pointing up).
    Edited by Sinolai on December 10, 2016 11:18AM
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A personality that changes how you attack with weapons and how you wield them would be pretty cool - like a warrior/samurai.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

SkoomaPipe_MW.png

My kind of pipe ;)
    I was thinking Skooma or Moon Sugar in a pipe would make more sense than tobacco; thanks for the reminder that it was already a thing! Morrowind, right?

not that this kind of stuff really interests me all that much >:) - but, it seems as though most of the drugs in eso are either in some kind of liquid form: moon sugar, skooma, or in a powdery form like felldew or greenmote...

I guess you could prepare hist sap into some kind of 'dab' form wherein it could be smoked in a pipe...hmmmm, maybe the lotus flowers might work too...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bundle them better. I did not buy furious because it came with that crybaby and fancy pants personalities. For myself I would like to see something like "focused". Not tensed but leaned in ready to react. Head slowly pivoting here and there surveying and somewhat listening for what may or may not be there. Occasional body shifts of shoulders and legs with deep slow chest breathing. Once a cycle the player character co(verb)cks his head to listen over the shoulder checking a noise from behind slightly turning at the waste. Maybe doing something with the lean back and kneel emotes. The lean back being observing a room and the kneel more the field of battle. All this with a slight sneer with stoic brow.
    Edited by nordsavage on December 10, 2016 2:14PM
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlackbirdV wrote: »
    A personality that changes how you attack with weapons and how you wield them would be pretty cool - like a warrior/samurai.

That would be amazing, but so much work. They'd have to charge thousands of crowns for it.
  • Spaceclown
    Spaceclown
    ✭✭
    Can we have a anxious/nervous personality I would buy that so fast
    expert milk drinker
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echoing what others have said, I'd love a low-powered mage (carrying a book around, being scholarly) and a high-powered mage (that cool levitating walk you see NPCs do sometimes) personality.

I'd also like a bashful personality like Hildegard's.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some ideas for personalities:
    • I would love to have some magic-oriented personalities.
    • Maybe the music played with the musical emotes should vary with the personaities. Melancholic personality would unlock... well, melancholic music, and so on.
    • One should add a "handfan" emote. This would allow for "Tailored in Tamriel"-type handfans in the Crown Store, and also for some "Lady" personality. This personality would have several emotes allowing to express things by performing some gestures with the handfan, in a kind of secret court language.
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • MrJKurayami

SkoomaPipe_MW.png

My kind of pipe ;)

I'd like a little chillum.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bought the commander personality.

Now I get why people want walking previews...

Love the way he stands though.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    jeedrzej wrote: »
    "Seductive" personality please! :)

I second this!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is good news, one thing I'd like to see, which I think is similarish to personalities is permanent emotes like holding a torch for example, or certain things like the Storm Atronach Transform be permanently like a skin. Anyways, my ten cents, take it or leave it.
    Edited by nimander99 on December 13, 2016 2:58AM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
    Slob - Burp, Break wind, nose pick, inappropriate scratching (ass)
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so with this topic being here, is there any news on what happened to the thief personality?

Was it removed because of the complaints? Is it coming back? Is it being revised?
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭

Emote Control for Mannerisms
    We’ve seen requests more control over the unique stances or mannerisms while your character is idle. We’re planning to allow you to control major Personality mannerisms as an emote override. (i.e. – blue colored emotes listed on the Personality tooltips or emotes menu). Many of these will still occur randomly while you are idle, but we want you to be able to have more control over when they play.

Umm...... What? They still occur randomly, but we have more control over when they play?

I'm not quite sure what that means but i just wanna say what i really would like is to be able to use my Drunk personality without it *ever* deciding to do the emotes that forcefully moves my player head around in first person mode.

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we talk emotes yes the one thing ... one thing ... this one she would really, really like is the ability to put an emote on the quickslot wheel like you can with a collectible yes. To be able to express the self without having to type always.

Yes khajiit would also like yarn but that possibly is outside the scope of the thread yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very simple - make equipped weapons invisible - I suggest the Martial Artisit / Monk personality and am counting out the crowns I'll give you.

The stance your character has in combat and almost all of the weapon abilities would look epic if your weapon was invisible... Taking two-handed as the example - think of the stance, one-hand held above the other, light and heavy attacks would look like swinging punches, now imagine the uppercut ability (in my mind it looks like the uppercut from Mortal Combat), now imagine crit charge (that reminds me of the teleporting punch used by Scorpion in Mortal Kombat).

It wouldn't be perfect, but it would be interesting, and I would like to see my mage casting spells without a staff.

Obvious problem - "but it wouldn't work with bows." - nope, but perhaps the bow could be replaced with a crossbow. Not very Monkish, but people have wanted a crossbow for ages.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Movement preview"? I guess I'm not the only one who thinks the jogging animations look very awkward, enough to not purchase/use personalities that I otherwise would.
    Edited by Zorgon_The_Revenged on December 15, 2016 1:04AM
  • Bumblebeelzebub
    Bumblebeelzebub
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see an oracle/witch type personality with posture and movements similar to Witchmother Olyve.

My most elderly witch like chracter has perfect posture and it just feels wrong. When I stalk down my enemies in Cyrodiil I'd like an unmistakably old lady to be the last thing they see.

14711900_326098067749887_8394082854941753344_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM2MjM2NTI4MzMwMTM0ODYxMQ%3D%3D.2
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Some of my biggest issues are the animations, like the Thief. It doesn't looks sneaky at all, and because it's kind of "slow run" with the character leaning forward so much it looks... a bit awkward. I don't see many people using it (I WANT to use it, but it just doesn't feel sneaky).

Are there plans to rework some of the animations for it? If not, no big deal, I just... the sneaky/thief animation is what I've always wanted for my Khajiit. I'll take my answer off the air.

^^ What I was expecting my Khajiit would be like with the Thief personality. Would have been awesome. I do hope they do a re-work for the thief personality. I think this personality was such a disappointment. IMO, there really wasn't anything sneaky/thief-like with the animations of this personality. I could have just pressed "CTRL" and walk around town, and I would be more sneaky looking.
    jeedrzej wrote: »
    "Seductive" personality please! :)

Would love this for me templar. I wanted her to be a flirtatious priestess. haha.
    Edited by me_ming on December 19, 2016 9:05AM
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • PaigeEvenstar
    PaigeEvenstar
    ✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    Mage type personality. Opening a book every once in a while. Playing with fire or ice etc in the palm of your hand for example.

Crazy scientist. Rubbing hands together grinning mad. "Experimenting" with some flasks, holding one up inspecting the liquid in it.

The Gambler. Chewing a tooth pick, playing with dice/cards etc.

excellent suggestions !!

also i would love the option to sync emotes in general. i dont know if it is allready possible but if you could for instance dance in sync with a big group somewhere that would be cool. (with your guild or all of your friends)
    they had this in another MMO i played, and i liked it very much. you used the standard command for dance but then added a _* to it and it would sync to the nearest player using that emote.
    https://youtu.be/oIIfglbfVJE

~No matter how fast the light thinks it is going, on arrival it always finds the darkness has gotten there first.~
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about treating personalities also as emote sources? I don't really like personalities because they don't have enough variation. E.g. Idle Animations addon is just way better than personalities.

Open up personalities to addon API. I could think of implementing a cook when accessing a cooking fire. After using the Blade of Woe, i could pose a minute as an assassin.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestion: "Brooding" Personality

reference: "Melancholy" only not so wimpy looking. just arms crossed and looks lost in thought like the /impatient emote
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Dragonking06
    Dragonking06
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking about a class based personalty. I'm not sure how that would work, but it would be cool if there was things like:
    • DK's occasionally have a walking animation that leaves behind a little footprint that is on fire. Faintly, needs to be subtle.
    • Sorcs may play with a ball of lightning in their hands, maybe they throw it and it comes back to them.
    • Templars conjure a spear to poke in the ground and lean on it, or just play with it and leave a small hole where the spear was.
    • NB's could have their shadows bug them as if their conjured images were playing games on your character.

An adventurer personality would also be pretty neat too!

@ZOS_GinaBruno Please let someone know this would be an amazing idea! I'm sure everyone would love to see these! (Perhaps make the toggle on and off though?)

Thanks for the updates though.

:)
    PC - NA Server
    Nora Wolf-bane - Nord - Knight of Alkosh, Tank
    "We both looked into the Abyss. But when it looked back... You blinked."
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    Mage type personality. Opening a book every once in a while. Playing with fire or ice etc in the palm of your hand for example.

Crazy scientist. Rubbing hands together grinning mad. "Experimenting" with some flasks, holding one up inspecting the liquid in it.

The Gambler. Chewing a tooth pick, playing with dice/cards etc.

excellent suggestions !!

also i would love the option to sync emotes in general. i dont know if it is allready possible but if you could for instance dance in sync with a big group somewhere that would be cool. (with your guild or all of your friends)
    they had this in another MMO i played, and i liked it very much. you used the standard command for dance but then added a _* to it and it would sync to the nearest player using that emote.
    https://youtu.be/oIIfglbfVJE

There is an addon - this one believes it is called Sync emotes or something similar - that allows you to dance as a group.

The guild has used it in this piece of film yes.

Khajiit does not know if it has been recently updated though.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

https://youtu.be/Wva68j7XwAo

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    While we talk emotes yes the one thing ... one thing ... this one she would really, really like is the ability to put an emote on the quickslot wheel like you can with a collectible yes. To be able to express the self without having to type always.

Yes khajiit would also like yarn but that possibly is outside the scope of the thread yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

You might want to look at ESOTheater
This discussion has been closed.