The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update on Personalities

• Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we talk emotes yes the one thing ... one thing ... this one she would really, really like is the ability to put an emote on the quickslot wheel like you can with a collectible yes. To be able to express the self without having to type always.

Yes khajiit would also like yarn but that possibly is outside the scope of the thread yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

A thousand times yes to this. I was so pleased when I saw they put the full list of emotes in the help menu (F1), but was very disappointed when I found I couldn't select directly from that list.
    PC/EU DC
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is my suggestion toward personalities:
    Class-based Personalities

We have 4 classes and each class have iconic representation. Templar - Light, Dragonknight - Dragons, Nightblades - Shadow, Sorcerers - Daedric. So we could get personalities based on those iconic aspects. By this I mean idle animation when character stand still.
    For example Templar - to show his holy aspect, make it's idle standing animation as some sort of improved /pray animation with adding visual from Almalexia:
    Almalexia-portrait.jpg
    Holding hands in "pray" with summoned ball of Light.
    Same things based on iconic aspects for other classes. Something like - Dark crystals floating around sorcerer(those from Dark Deal skill), NB - 2 shadows stand behind character like his bodyguards or character being covered into cool-looking shadow armor, DK - too much possibilities here.
    Maybe even make those personalities available as reward for getting 50rank (Grand Overlord), so it will have some cool reward for achieve highest pvp rank.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SeanMiller
    Edited by Cinbri on December 23, 2016 9:38AM
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Smouldering personality.

Adds idle animations for having to beat out small fires which appear on different parts of the body. Change the run animations so embers and smoke particle effects come off the character.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can someone at ZOS look into how the Personalities interfere with actions like harvesting and fishing - when you go to harvest a node or throw your line out to fish, sometimes the equipped personality will go into the personality pose instead of performing the harvesting/fishing action you commanded your character to do.

Basically the personality animations will sometimes override the action you command.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    A Smouldering personality.

Adds idle animations for having to beat out small fires which appear on different parts of the body. Change the run animations so embers and smoke particle effects come off the character.

I completely misunderstood your suggestion at first.

tangled___here_comes_the_smolder_by_mechadeku-d4mzx6o.gif

That being said, I think your idea is pretty good and I would like to see something similar for the other elements ts too. It would fit for mages that don't have full control of Destruction Magic and because of that ended up applying unstable elemental effects to themselves.

It could be sold on a pack of three personalities, one for each element.
    Edited by Abeille on December 23, 2016 3:28PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • AgriyaTheGrey
    AgriyaTheGrey
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting thread, & for my tuppence-worth:
    I have a fondness for imagining my toons as possessing frailties and that includes both occasional illness, physical degenerations and the more general frailties of the human condition such as poor manners or unneccessarily judgemental attitudes. Have little inclination towards the 'all player characters are paragons and supermen' school of RPG-ing.

Near-sighted -cranes slightly forward, screwing up face and squinting as the character tries to focus on whatever.

Hearing problem -cups hand to ear and leans forward slightly (towards a speaker for example)

Overheating#1 -pulls out a rag and mops brow and collar/neck.

Overheating#2 -sames as #1 except character wrings out the rag after mopping and rag drips.

Blowing nose #1 -pulls out rag and blows nose. Puts rag away.

Blowing nose #2 - same as #1 except character looks at contents of rag before putting it away. (Some folk do, after all.)

Rubs nose -fingers pluck at nose, glances at fingers, absently wipes fingers on clothing

Nursing a cold #1 - coughing fit followed by hawking and spitting as character gets rid of technicolour phlegm.

Nursing a cold #2 -sneezing fit then character wipes nose with hand then wipes hand on clothing.

Don't get downwind#1 - mortified character waves a hand in posterior area in futile effort to dispel noxious odours

Don't get downwind#2 - same idea as #1 except character is laughing about it and hand-waving is exaggerated (based on way too many guys I grew up with.)

Headache developing - pinches nose between eyes and/or rubs temples (the way the mods and some -many!- others reading this list are probably doing right now)

Making a list - glares in a specific direction for a moment (eg at in-town duellers) then produces a notebook and makes a notation in it.
    Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.
    -Group Captain Sir Douglas Robert Steuart Bader CBE DSO DFC FRAeS DL
    If a man is correct in his own person, then there will be obedience without orders being given; but if he is not correct in his own person, there will not be obedience even though orders are given.
    -The Lun Yu
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see an oracle/witch type personality with posture and movements similar to Witchmother Olyve.

My most elderly witch like chracter has perfect posture and it just feels wrong. When I stalk down my enemies in Cyrodiil I'd like an unmistakably old lady to be the last thing they see.

14711900_326098067749887_8394082854941753344_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM2MjM2NTI4MzMwMTM0ODYxMQ%3D%3D.2

THIS definitely needs to be a personality! Complete with the walking stick!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you're working on emotes can you PLEASE do something about the fact that every single male character in the game walks and runs as if he has something terribly rigid and uncomfortable lodged where "the sun don't shine?" Pretty please. The male walk/run has to be one of the worst animations I've ever seen.

As to the personalities... PLEASE TONE THEM DOWN! They are invariably over the top to the point of parody. This only works well for the Drunk personality, which is clearly aiming to be hilarious. So, well done there.

Before the last thing you did to emotes there were several that, when you do them, change your characters facial expression. And once performed, the expression STAYED. I LOVED THIS! There is something unsettling about a sea of blank faced dolls. And if you DID want to return to a neutral expression, all you had to do was perform /shrug and presto! back to normal. PLEASE bring that back! It was a fantastic device for screenshots as well.

And since it is apparent that the days of you adding free emotes to the game are over, please consider doing a bundle of new sitting and lounging emotes and new sitting emotes with different chairs!

In particular, could we PLEASE have some crosslegged sits like these?

young-girl-with-braids-sitting-cross-legged.jpg

Crosslegged.jpg

This would also make a great sitting emote:

thumb_COLOURBOX2286391.jpg

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expanding dance options is also highly desirable. Age of Conan still has the best dance system I've ever seen. You should check it out ZOS.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Suggestion: "Brooding" Personality

reference: "Melancholy" only not so wimpy looking. just arms crossed and looks lost in thought like the /impatient emote

So ALL of this. Melancholy should actually be called Suicidal or Grieving. It's definitely NOT melancholy! Give us Brooding!

• Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So iv thought long and hard on a nice list of personalities that I think would be great.

First among them would be the undead personality. This would be a great addition for the next witches festival. Walk around like a zombie arms outstretched dragging feet. Maybe caugh up some flies. This would be more of a movement personality rather than emotes.

Next are class personalities. We all choose a class and so how about a personality geared directly for them. These would be emote based. Sorcs with thier magic spells to make them powerful could change some of thier emotes to levitate during pushups light a torch with magic, while moving you could have little sparks coming off thier hands periodically.

Dragon knights with thier dragon heritage could belch flames or poison after drinking, when doing push-ups they could clap in between reps to show off thier strength, light torches by breathing on them. And as with the sorc maybe hands erupt in flames now and then.

Templars with thier knightly powers could share some of the dragon knights emotes using the power they have with certain emotes. Maybe a random beam of light would shine down on them. Flashlight aura at night?

And last but not least my favorite class but in no way biased the night blade. Very similar to the assassin personality carrying a dagger around is awesome except I think they need more threatening emotes. Nightblades are primarily assassins after all. Maybe as thier aura they can have smoke pouring off of them.

Now for a few other personality ideas.
    There is the cook personality for all you players who love to role play so your basic crafters personality would be great. Wave that little hammer around as a blacksmith hold an ingot in your hands and inspect it and occasionally toss it over your shoulder. Some of the emotes could spawn a crafting table of sorts for you to "pretend to use. Cus who here just pulls out a hammer just to hammer air?

Other personalities id like to see are jester personality. Something mocking and funny. Crazy walk flamboyance maybe even a crazy skip walk.

Iv also thought about pirate personality a combo of drunk and assassin wave a sword drunkenly etc let's be honest a captain jack personality would be funny. But whys the rum gone?

This next one kinda already has its own emotes but a priest personality. We have all the prayers but maybe walk around with your hands clasped in front of you. Walk with a staff like a walking stick. Let the populace create thier own little Mara churches. Maybe have a friend Play as your priest when you use that ring or Mara.

If I haven't bored you yet that's great because I have more. I can create a list of potentials that if you'd like me to go into detail on how it could work comment below but this is a list I haven't finished

Fisherman, merchant, brawler, banker, narcissistic because tons of players already are. Farmer, guard and maybe a paranoid personality with a very jumpy and skittish personality.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few ideas for personalities:

Trickster/joker: Giggling to themselves, big grin, maybe looking away while whistling like "I didn't do that!". I am imagining Mark Hamill's Joker.

Scholar: Thumbs through books. Takes notes. Rubs eyes. Pensive.

Archeologist: Maybe they pull out some dwemer contraptions. Bend down and brush away dirt, pick up and examine objects.
    Edited by Karius_Imalthar on December 30, 2016 9:33PM
  • o6untouchable
    I like the idea of a "less angry" version of the angry personality. Maybe a Thug, who stands around with their arms folded looking tough, occasionally fiddles with the bindings on their gauntlet (a Thug version of /preen?), will pull out a sword and sharpen it with a whetstone, that sort of thing. I would like to look tough/capable, without necessarily looking like I plan to murder everybody in the room!

I absolutely love the idea of a Bard personality, too. I often hit /lute while I am standing around waiting... a personality that automatically does stuff like that could be cool. Maybe a Bard could trigger emotes similar to the Alcaire Castle part of the New Life event, so that NPCs in the area will turn to watch/react to their performance?

It might also be cool for Bards to be able to pick the song that they play - similar to how you can /dancebreton if you want to. Perhaps even a way for two Bards to sync up their music, so that if one is playing Red Diamond on the lute, another can join in with Red Diamond on the flute, and we could get a little bit of a musical troupe going on?
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    Can someone at ZOS look into how the Personalities interfere with actions like harvesting and fishing - when you go to harvest a node or throw your line out to fish, sometimes the equipped personality will go into the personality pose instead of performing the harvesting/fishing action you commanded your character to do.

Basically the personality animations will sometimes override the action you command.

Linking to bug report thread on this - Personality Bug

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Please pass onto whoever fixes this kind of thing, quite a major bug with personalities.
  • kenneth.friisb16_ESO
    Personality:

Crusader. Proudly sharpen a greatsword on idle. Crossed arms, firm step, proud and heavy walking.

This could be awesome, but only if it's the equipped weapon the character sharpens. It would be wierd to have an axe wielding barbarian suddenly pull out a greatsword ust to sharpen it.

PC-EU
    Dastan Kingfrey - Gentleman Thief, Adventurer and Philanthropist
    Kenneth Kingfrey - Spellsword, member of the Mages Guild
    Thurin Hammerhand - Northern Warden, Traveller and NOT a dwarf
    Kenneth Willysson - Wanderer, Mountaineer and Swinger of Axes

PS4-EU
  • Rykoth
    Rykoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a few "racial" personalities.

"Beast Race" for example would be awesome so that Khajiit and Argonians reflect their nature as beast races. Remember how all the way back in Morrowind they walked differently from the rest of the races? Bring that back.

"Nordic" Personality could involve idles involving mead, weaponry, and a brash persona. "Imperial" Personality could come across as haughty, etc.
    Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
    Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay
  • Ethromelb14_ESO
    Ethromelb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent thread. This made the future more fun to look forward to.

Ideas: I'd like to see a more

Fearless Personality - Lets say I'm playing a character that's a thrill seeker, so unlike the "Average Joe/Jody", he/she laughs heartily at being outnumbered, bangs their chest at danger, taunts beckoning the enemies advance, roars in the face of a dragon, and draws lines in the sand daring the attack like they're the one with the advantage. They're always looking for the beautiful death.

Beggar Personality - For the role-play of the supposed retired warrior that needs coin, when all he really does is whistle at the ladies squandering all his money at brothels and drink, and it would be cool if this personality actually had a little perk, and got 2 coins extra from the completion of missions.

The Injured Veteran Personality - The "Arrow-in-the-knee-combatant", always hurting somewhere, groaning, stretching and limping from all the battles they've had, but for some reason they're still nice with it in combat (think Yoda). Every once and awhile they will actually stop and rub their knee. Add an emote to choose which knee.

Stylish Show-off Personality - This character doesn't do anything the normal way (think Legolas). They get on their horse fancily reversed, points at the dead body while chuckling (keeping track of the body count that they just caused) making sure everybody saw it, they can do flips and hand-stands, they twirl their weapon fancily around their body, and do things like one-handed push-ups. This personality is also representative of Gannicus.

The Brave Coward Personality - This character doesn't acknowledge how strong he really is in combat, and suffers from an inferiority complex. He runs a little faster than your typical person, he's always looking over his shoulders, and his hands shake a little when he holds his weapon, but somehow he gets the job done, and then looks around like he doesn't know how it happened. Maybe he has a dual/duel personality -get it? Just kidding.

Lastly, can you guys please make sure that these emotes and idle animations are not interrupted by another players abilities and powers. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Ethromelb14_ESO on January 3, 2017 7:53PM
    Motto: Make deceivers believers.

Strength of character is not a physical thing. -E
    Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

The best way to prove someone wrong, is to do better yourself. -E

I keep forgetting to remember to get a photographic memory.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a Scholar personality. Standing and reading while occasionally looking up as if inspecting something before returning to consult the book, and sitting and reading could be idle emotes.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I miss the facial changes that stuck after performing an emote, it was neat to have the ability to set a mood on your character's face. I think it went away after enough people complained about the glitch of their character looking PO'd after smithing.

More actions / emotes / personalities that would be nice to see:

Walking with a torch - could go with either an adventurer or guard type personality

Now that we get to sit in chairs, how about sitting while: eating, drinking, playing an instrument, reading, writing, playing cards, rolling dice, fidgeting, foot tapping, ordering a drink, bored

Kneeling while: scratching behind a pet's ear, rolling dice, adjusting shoes

Aristocrat seen in Hew's Bane: Tends to fan themselves, lean off to the side with arms folded, act disdainful on occasion

Whittling or carving or peeling fruit

Fishing without a fishing hole present

Entertainer - does all the stuff seen in the New Life festival and perhaps has a couple new tricks, but you get to pick which trick to show off. It would be awesome if you could juggle three of any object you wanted to juggle with commands, like juggling daggers, fruit, rodents, vases, etc.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I'd love to see an oracle/witch type personality with posture and movements similar to Witchmother Olyve.

My most elderly witch like chracter has perfect posture and it just feels wrong. When I stalk down my enemies in Cyrodiil I'd like an unmistakably old lady to be the last thing they see.

14711900_326098067749887_8394082854941753344_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM2MjM2NTI4MzMwMTM0ODYxMQ%3D%3D.2

THIS definitely needs to be a personality! Complete with the walking stick!

It's the legendary Monday face! Run!!!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want that maniac personality people were talking about a little while back. I want to make a mentally insane, skooma crazed khajiit.
  • Soafee
    Soafee
    ✭✭✭
    I'd really like to see a caster personality. I'm not to fond of the thief or the "heroic" or whatever it's called one on my casters. Doesn't make much sense
    Today is a blessing. Yesterday is in the past and tomorrow is a mystery.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soafee wrote: »
    I'd really like to see a caster personality. I'm not to fond of the thief or the "heroic" or whatever it's called one on my casters. Doesn't make much sense

I agree. They may have data mined a scholar personalty, but that is quasi-spellcaster related.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Azard
    Azard
    ✭✭

Yes, something like this would be great!
    ... and levitation.

I prefer personalities with new run/walk animations, because old ones is not so good.
    My suggestions.
    Mage (sadly and wearily holding his staff with both hands):
    HkDMGzb.jpg
    Dual WIeld Idle and run animation like this:
    Or may be like badass Starkiller from SWE6KyFl5.jpg
    1hand+Shield Idle and run animation:
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing i really want is for every personality to have masculine AND feminine walk animation (Gender specific).

For example the commander personality is perfect on my restoration mage BUT when she walks, it looks bad.

And a bit less exaggeration in general.

PS: The furious personality does not need a female walk as far as im concerned, it is perfect as it is for me female Nord shield maiden.
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • Azard
    Azard
    ✭✭
    Roll-dodge animation is good as it is, but for powerful sorcerer, old witch, graceful priest or beautiful lady mage in the robe with staff it looks unnatural/unacceptable.
    I suggest to add new personality for roll-dodge, for example Teleport (there are many options). Without any benefits with exactly same execution time.
  • Bloody-Goodbyes
    Bloody-Goodbyes
    ✭✭✭
    Give us a bloodfiend personality pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. :'(
    BLOODY-GOODBYES | BLOODY-HELLOS | BLOODY-AGAIN
    The Order of Magnus | Royal Bank of Tamriel | Made In Canada | Bad Luck Charms
  • Vampiresmile
    Vampiresmile
    ✭✭
    I was thinking it would be nice to have more specific personalities for warewolf/vampires respectively. I was also hoping that more with vampires because compared to wolves I find them dull that they would be given a elegant/swagger personality and maybe with the introduction of the dark brotherhoods blade of woe that they would implement some sort of vampire kills for less xp. Such as shadow stepping behind an enemy and breaking their neck/biting etc.
    Faal Kro. Sorcerer. Breton of the Daggerfall Covenant.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a Telvanni Wizard personality. Modeled after Master Neloth from Morrowind/Dragonborne. "Where is my canis root tea!"

• Daran_Cousland
    Daran_Cousland
    ✭✭✭
    oh good more crown store frou-frous any word on actual content being developed?

no, player housing is not content.
This discussion has been closed.