The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Personalities

• Valethar
    Valethar
    ✭✭✭✭
    An adventurer personality would also be pretty neat too!

Would that one have part of an arrow sticking out of a knee? :D
    Resistance is not futile! Say no to the Greed Collective™. Boycott Crown Crates.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now just for the goofy Commander walk to be fixed. Nobody's head and torso remains that still when walking, please fix this.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valethar wrote: »

Would that one have part of an arrow sticking out of a knee? :D

But then they wouldn't be an adventurer anymore!

Although, maybe I would prefer to become a city guard, in ESO. Being immortal sounds awesome.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was thinking about a class based personalty. I'm not sure how that would work, but it would be cool if there was things like:
    • DK's occasionally have a walking animation that leaves behind a little footprint that is on fire. Faintly, needs to be subtle.
    • Sorcs may play with a ball of lightning in their hands, maybe they throw it and it comes back to them.
    • Templars conjure a spear to poke in the ground and lean on it, or just play with it and leave a small hole where the spear was.
    • NB's could have their shadows bug them as if their conjured images were playing games on your character.

The NB one sounds cute as heck.

I can just see my NB getting angry and heck at her shadows haha
  • niawrathb16_ESO
    niawrathb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    THere are so many great ideas in this thread but personally I am loving the Bard, The Mage and the Jester. I think these are really distinctive types, with clear cut animations and emotes to include.

May you have keen eyes and sharp scythes

Morrigan Duskhunter
    Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer

The Reapers Guild - PC/Mac - EU - AD
    The Reapers Guild are recruiting! We run regular events from Motif Gathering to PvP. We run weekly N. Trials and achievement earning events. We have a website we require you to join us on and a Guild Hall with Transmute and Crafting Stations. We also have TS and Crafting Officers. We are a community we love to help so any experience is welcome. We are looking for people who join in! Jump in a group tag along to an event or play and chill in guild chat or on our Teamspeak channel. Really join in and get chub in our fishing events! Get "welcomed to the asylum" by whispering me
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see a whimsical skipping school girl with arms flailing that would be a hilarious taunt in pvp it would be a nice change from t bagging which is getting tired and throw in a giggle :)
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohh and I'm sure duellers would like a "bring it on" emote
    Even though I don't duel but sometimes like to watch
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    As posted before in another thread: my personality wish would be the following:
    Almariel wrote: »

I've always been jealous when I saw those NPCs on Augvea, so here we go, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

New Personality: Augvea Scholar

Normal Movement: Levitation. Please also a leviating for running animation, its nasty to fly around slowly but being forced down to your feet when running.
    movement.jpg

Changes to emotes:

/ritual - also already in game, the levitating one:
    ritual.jpg

/sitchair - Sitting on your chair, but with a book in your hands, reading while standing is so tiring in the long run ;)

/sleep - as /meditate doesnt exixt, this could take the place for it. Mediating in classic legged posture, but, for sure, floating ;)
    @Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server
  • WanderingBeithe
    WanderingBeithe
    ✭✭✭
    I would really really like to use the emote I see the chef NPCs use where they are sharpening their knives.

Pretty please with sugared khajitty balls on top?
    If it has a tail it is meant to be eaten.

• kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    We’re interested to hear which types of elements you want to see in future Personalities, as well specific personas you would like to see. Let us know in this thread, and help shape the future of development.

I use Idle Animations add-on, and those features would be useful in the base game: You should be able to pick a set of animations that play while idle in each Personality (and normal Personality), how long and often they happen.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The suggestions of khajiit:

Personalities to match the crafting professions - i.e. chef, and the other ones that do not produce things this one can eat

Personalities to match entertainment professions - i.e. dancer, bard, storyteller, magician, actor, mime artist

Personalities to match sort of unofficial trades. These could be used around your guild trader to attract business - i.e. flower seller, baker, merchant of rare trinkets.

Personalities to match leisure activities - i.e. fishing and fishing

Personalities suited to dungeon situations - i.e. quivering coward, unethical archaeologist

Personalities found in taverns i.e. - up for a fight, talking about rubbish, sour drunk

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Gwynara
    Gwynara
    ✭✭✭
    I have used the "cheerful" personality since the day you implemented it in the game and I never switch it off. Though I must say this has led to some awkward moments when for example discussing something serious with others in roleplay and all of a sudden my character starts to whistle. :neutral: more control sounds really good! If you cant preview the personality in the crown store window, please have videos on this site that display them clearly.

I'd love for more personalities to be unlocked via achivements also in the future.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    Mage type personality. Opening a book every once in a while. Playing with fire or ice etc in the palm of your hand for example.

Crazy scientist. Rubbing hands together grinning mad. "Experimenting" with some flasks, holding one up inspecting the liquid in it.

The Gambler. Chewing a tooth pick, playing with dice/cards etc.

The best propositions so far and the mage one... wow! I would totally buy this!!! Great idea with reading the book when idle. To idle positions I would also add levitating (it would rotate with this book one) - can you even imagine this?!

Since there is already /juggleflame emote, the mage personality could add more like /juggleice or playing with elements in another unique way (someone above gave great proposition with throwing a lighting orb in the air which would come back to the caster like boomerang). I assume the /jugglelighting would be excluded since it would be similar to crown crate exclusive storm orbs.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SeanMiller has there been any discussion about having idle animations when no personality is active? Since Personalities take some of the modified emotes to play when idle, it would be nice if, when no personality is active, some of the existing base-game emotes would play.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an insight into the kind of personalities the apprentices this one she has, khajiit will list a summary of their characters - some of them anyway.

This might be a good starting point to work up from yes. After all we all already have the personality yes - it is just finding a way of expressing this:

Thought this one she admits many of us are much to complex to be summed up by a series of emotes.

Psedudo Victorian clothing obsessive and part time lousy detective (Sherlock Gro Bones - orc)

Likes to eat things that should not be eaten (Nommie - Bosmer)

Sweet orphan child with an inner desire for gory murder (Spiny Tim - Argonian)

Thinks she is khajiit (Rosiebelle - orc)

Not bright. Doesn't like to wash. Limited vocabulary (Hodorf - Nord)

So from this perhaps you have vanity, gluttony, murderous, khajiit and um ... Hodorf?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Eshja
    Eshja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    As for future personality ideas: Bards! Unique animations for lute/flute/drums/dance :smiley:

Oooh, I would love It too! I'd like char to sing while using instruments emotes, humming while he's standing, maybe tuning lute too?
    That's so exciting :D
    @Eshja (PC EU) Master crafter | Roleplayer | Trial scrub | Love healing ♥
    My characters: Nimpys Elenmir| Narielle Telvanni | Moans-Loudly | Vivienne The Zookeeper | Zamiatająca-Ogonem | Kha'mathre | Irgret Soul-Breaker
  • Psychodellix
    Psychodellix
    ✭✭✭
    /sitchair-drink-eat-read those would be awsome. add an emporer personality for those that have achieved that status
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Strongman personality - body builder poses, showing off your biceps to all the world, and those deltoids, and those pecs... may or may not include a "Do you even lift, bro?" battlecry or attempts to rip off your chest armor... (and then count the days until someone figures it out, makes an earthen heart DK for it, named "Alex Louis Armstrong" ;) )

Ya this please
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • CheverTheShrimp
    Definitely want to see more personalities. Love the personalities, particularly those that alter emotes. Maybe base a snobby high class one on the animations Percius Loche from hews bane has or Mirabelle Motierre (I think it was) from the dark brotherhood.

Also please please don't ever put personalities in crown crates, NEVER
    ~ Vvaelud | Dark Elf | Scorcerer | EP | Vampire | Lv 50 ~
    ~ Z'ahzun-Fa the Tiny | Khajiit | Dragonknight | DC | Werewolf | Lv 22~
    ~ Fryyn the Red | Wood Elf | Nightblade | AD | Werewolf | Lv 13~
    ~ Sir Chever the Mad | Dark Elf | Nightblade | EP | Vampire | Lv 17 ~
    ~ Ilvana Tesaani | Dark Elf | Templar | EP| Werewolf| Lv 12 ~
    CP - 144

Priests of Hircine
    PC EU Free werewolf bite guild
    Get your free bite today
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread

Aussie Player
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely want to see more personalities. Love the personalities, particularly those that alter emotes. Maybe base a snobby high class one on the animations Percius Loche from hews bane has or Mirabelle Motierre (I think it was) from the dark brotherhood.

Also please please don't ever put personalities in crown crates, NEVER

I love Percius Loche, I would love to have his personality made available to us.

Walks-Softly has a very unique stance, too.

And how about Hildegard's shy personality? It is adorable.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While certain Emotes are more suited to certain personalities, I would like to see a system where we can que up several emotes that would play out either randomly or in an order on our characters. Whether this is part of our Personality we choose or the Emotes play along side our Personality is something I am not sure on. But I will say, whatever is easier to implement.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• arpadsweb16_ESO
    arpadsweb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would love for Mannimarco's and the Prophet's Staff Walk animations to be implemented. Walking while holding our staffs looks ludicrous ingame, this would be a grand change and a must have for any wizard!

Random spell casts and alteration spells would also be great, and I'm not talking juggle flame here but other forms of cool spellcasting or grimoire reading.

As for my biggest fantasy and request, it would be Levitation while standing or on the move, why you ask?
    I shan't tell but show you instead!

This is my character, The Lich
    F7dpyQT.png
    JmZ45io.png

So, magic and necromancy-themed stuff is always welcome in my book!
    Edited by arpadsweb16_ESO on December 8, 2016 10:57PM
  • Milicent
    Milicent
    ✭✭✭
    Add a sass personality.
    ————
    (\_/)
    ( O_o)
    o(“)(“)
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bards or musicians are good ideas, with animations for lute/flute/drums and any form of musical addition
    Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
    Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
    Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
    Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
    War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Personality:

Crusader. Proudly sharpen a greatsword on idle. Crossed arms, firm step, proud and heavy walking.
    Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
    Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
    Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
    Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
    War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay! sounds awesome and the possibilities are endless with this.

please don't put them in crown crates only,i need money for food and stuff too, ty <3
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    A necromancer, or just a general evil personality would look amazing!
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    @ZOS_SeanMiller sounds like awesome stuff!

Any news on the thief personality? Is it being reworked? It seemed to have disappeared from the crown store abruptly (I don't remember seeing a time limit on it) - will it be back?

Thief personality is in the store still. It just was moved from featured to the Personality/Style Parlor section. It does need to be reworked by zos though IMO, it's a terrible personality as it stands.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • arpadsweb16_ESO
    arpadsweb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The commander personality is broken when you walk with it, you're meant to have both your hands resting against your back as you walk forward, as if pondering on and observing something.

body-language-ii-41-638.jpg?cb=1382518542

Instead, the commanding walk animation breaks and the other arm moves back and forth, looking really goofy rather than confident and menacing. Change it!

But yes, as mentioned above: Levitation and more spellcasting emotes are highly wanted, moar necromancy stuff too and STAFF WALK!

sB4qEeC.png

P1Cxaql.png

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SeanMiller ...great thread- much thanks <3

any chance on getting some pipe smoking action going on?

can't think of anything finer than having a cyro group all together smoking out - seeing how that's exactly what's going on in group chat...

smoking tobacco in a pipe that is... >:)
    Edited by geonsocal on December 10, 2016 12:11AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
This discussion has been closed.