The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

All known future content

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    In all fairness, ESO had a content drought between the release of Craglorn's upper half and the release of the game on console IC after console release. I think that wasn't a full year without content, I'm not 100% sure, but it was almost that much if not exactly 12 months.
    I think you've missed something huge here. There was like five updates at that 12 months, all with big improvements of the game - from dye stations, improved facial animations, and the justice system to dungeons and crafting improvements.

I'm not missing anything there. We had a few slight mechanics overhauls here and there, but we had nothing major like new areas added during all of that time. And it is not like new areas were not needed: We got to a point where we had no PvE map at the level cap, and that situation remained for several months. It was even worse for PvE solo players, since highest level solo PvE map was the last Cadwell's Gold area up until Orsinium dropped.

Also, Dye Stations were added before Upper Craglorn.
    Edited by Abeille on December 4, 2016 3:26PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all fairness, ESO had a content drought between the release of Craglorn's upper half and the release of the game on console IC after console release. I think that wasn't a full year without content, I'm not 100% sure, but it was almost that much if not exactly 12 months.
    I think you've missed something huge here. There was like five updates at that 12 months, all with big improvements of the game - from dye stations, improved facial animations, and the justice system to dungeons and crafting improvements.

These are mechanics. In terms of playable content - quests, maps, dungeons, delves, bosses, raids - there was next to nothing. At the time our understanding was that the sub money was going on Wrothgar, TG and DB, but then of course these got sold back to us after they were done, so many of us paid for them twice.

It would be nice if we could get to a schedule where each quarter we got a fair sized update. For example, a "fair size" imo would be a quarterly update that includes:
    • A couple of hours of main story quests
    • Sidequests
    • A couple of dungeons
    • Some delves and world bosses
    • A new mechanic or repeatable quests
    • Either in new maps or even stories that take us back to old maps

That's the kind of quality of update you see in games like FFXIV on a quarterly basis, and with all the new money from the crack crates, I see no viable excuse for not increasing development resources so that we might see this kind of quality and cadence in ESO too.
    Edited by ItsGlaive on December 4, 2016 3:26PM
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so pumped for all of this future content! I'm especially excited about the new zones and player housing.
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    You've got to be kidding me -_-

CLICK ON THE SPOILER TAGS

I linked videos (from ZOS!) on Murkmire, Clockwork City, Mephala's Realm, Battlegrounds and Spellcrafting.

Player Housing is literally arriving next major base game patch (Q1 2017).

I cannot make this information any clearer than I already have.

So basically your "official confirmation" is the fact that,at one point, someone made a showcase video of stuff?

Got it :D
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agobi wrote: »

I linked videos (from ZOS!) on Murkmire, Clockwork City, Mephala's Realm, Battlegrounds and Spellcrafting.

So basically your "official confirmation" is the fact that,at one point, someone made a showcase video of stuff?

"Someone"?
    ZOS did. These were officially announced. Doesn't get much more official than that.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Someone"?
    ZOS did. These were officially announced. Doesn't get much more official than that.

Yea...I'm still not seeing the "official announcement of confirmation" part

But they are nice videos....and I'll admit that maybe,someday, some of it might even actually make it into the game....a loooong time from now :D
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there'll be a paid DLC with housing. I think it'll be another big base game patch with housing.

But I then think the Q2 DLC will be a big zone.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Someone"?

But they are nice videos....and I'll admit that maybe,someday, some of it might even actually make it into the game....a loooong time from now :D

http://www.latenighteso.com/bethesda-e3-2016-showcase/

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2016/06/be3-preview/

This page should have any links to the times when ZOS spoke of these zones that you might need.
    Edited by Abeille on December 4, 2016 6:10PM

Meet my characters:

• Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Someone"?

Take it for what you want.
    Edited by Unsent.Soul on December 4, 2016 5:33PM
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"Someone"?

This page should have any links to the times when ZOS spoke of these zones that you might need.

Wait. That site seriously lifted my entire article from TF and gave themselves a by line? WTF!

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

"Someone"?

Wait. That site seriously lifted my entire article from TF and gave themselves a by line? WTF!

Oh gods @Dominoid I'm so sorry! I would NEVER had linked it if I knew they lifted your article, I just posted the first one that showed up on Google.

Meet my characters:

• ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    Too much good stuff! Very exciting.
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"Someone"?

Oh gods @Dominoid I'm so sorry! I would NEVER had linked it if I knew they lifted your article, I just posted the first one that showed up on Google.

I figured it wasn't you. That's pretty *** up though. Lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Some information regarding how spells are learned may have changed over the course of the 2 years since announcement, though it is likely the same*

Sadly I think you're wrong.

http://wccftech.com/elder-scrolls-online-interview-looking-ahead-with-game-director-matt-firor/
    Okay. I guess the same thing could be said about spell crafting?

Same thing. With spell crafting we actually got in enough to start seeing how it worked, we didn’t like the design so much and it was going to be more work than we thought to get it to launch so we kind of put it aside to do Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, One Tamriel, housing etc.

But it will come eventually, it’s just further out.

Saying both that they don't like the original design and that it was more work than they thought absolutely scream that it's ever launched it's not likely to be the same.
  • Wandering_Ashlander
    Well, even more pve addition, which aren't going to be added anytime soon as already stated above, considering the work rate of zenimax.

No even unofficial pvp content though, that's a pity.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Wow spellcrafting looks incredible. A real game changer for ESO. Will be absolutely huge.

As originally promised yes. But they've since hinted that they don't like the original design and that it was more work than they thought.
    mb10 wrote: »
    ZOS will have a real challenge keeping the game balanced with it as most people will be running magicka builds then.

I don't know of anything official was ever said but we all assumed there would be a stamina / physical weapon equivalent. All throughout the Fighters Guild quest line they drop hints about lost combat techniques - sword singers or something like that.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In addition to the advice of complaining to google, you can also complain to the domain registrar. They're with godaddy.

https://godaddy.com/help/what-are-dmca-claims-7827
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes!!!
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice post, the only thing I would mention is in your comment on battlegrounds, what you described is actually what we typically see from arenas, 2v2, 3v3 etc. Battle grounds are usually larger scale, using WoW bg's as an example, they range from 8v8 to 40v40.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aeula wrote: »
    B-buh, the game is dying! Everyone knows it'll shut down in a month after ZOS drain us dry! /s

But seriously. I'm really, really hyped for Vvardenfell. Hadn't considered red mountain as a trial, but it could be interesting. Wonder why we'd be going in there though. Dagoth Ur doesn't die by the vestige's hands as we well know.

It doesn't mean that there aren't some nasty Ash Vampires or a partially active Numidium to fight though. ZOS could easily write up some lore where the Vestige fought Dagoth Ur and was forced to retreat. Who knows :|

It's an amazing trial location though for sure.

Dagoth Ur and the Ghost Fence doesnt become a thing for another few hundred years.

My lore is a bit fuzzy, but I know that Dagoth Ur was a thing as soon as the Tribunal betrayed Nerevar. Dagoth Ur rests within Red Mountain in ESO's time.

As for the Ghost Fence, you are correct. The Tribunal likely still have access to Kagrenac's Tools and don't fear Dagoth Ur yet. It's when their pilgrimage to Red Mountain fails (and Dagoth Ur takes the tools) that the Ghost Fence is risen to delay the inevitable.

Red Mountain is an absolutely perfect Trial location imo.

According to one quest in EP, the Three have stopped their pilgrimage to Red Mountain, and aren't seen in public as much as before. Who knows?
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

"Someone"?

Did you ever see the officially released vid of riding a gondola through Vivec in Morrowind? Never made it to the game, but it looked gorgeous.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

"Someone"?

Did you ever see the officially released vid of riding a gondola through Vivec in Morrowind? Never made it to the game, but it looked gorgeous.

Because cinematics, trailers and the like do not necessarily represent the final product. But the company showing a video of a product they are working on still means the product is being worked on, even if something about the product changes. Saying that a company showcasing a future release isn't an "official announcement"... Honestly, that's the first time I hear such thing.
    Unless any of these areas were cancelled and they failed to tell us, they are officially confirmed as coming in the future.

Meet my characters:

• SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they do release Warden class i hope they give out a class change token to those of CP160+.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanSan wrote: »
    If they do release Warden class i hope they give out a class change token to those of CP160+.

If they don't give us a way of changing to the new class or let us buy a couple more Character Slots, that would be pretty awful. I only have 10 lvl 50 characters but I know there are plenty who have 12, and it is not reasonable to want people to delete a character to make room to test the new class in my opinion.

Meet my characters:

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel free to post on this thread about anything I have missed. So far it seems I have only missed Horse Racing!
    Edited by Vaoh on December 4, 2016 10:32PM
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm excited for new content but slight mentions, short videos, and concept art won't let me get too hyped. This stuff could be years out, cancelled already, or get scraped along the way. We don't even know if the crates were succesful enough to save us from the content lulls of f2p.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited for new content but slight mentions, short videos, and concept art won't let me get too hyped. This stuff could be years out, cancelled already, or get scraped along the way. We don't even know if the crates were succesful enough to save us from the content lulls of f2p.

It will all come but it will take time.

We have gotten 5 DLC packs which were hinted at exactly the same way as I have listed the future four zones. They are still coming but are scheduled for the future which makes sense based on the main quest's storyline. Don't get too hyped because it is absolutely far off, but the information is concrete as can be :)

• Stargazer126
    Stargazer126
    ✭✭
    I love this thread. It's nice to know that there are some really cool plans for the future of ESO, not that I doubted ZOS but the specifics are nice. Although it's hard not to get overhyped about a lot of this stuff when in reality it will be released over the span of a few years most likely. I'd say of everything, I'm looking forward to Warden and spell crafting the most just because I still have a lot of content to complete in the base game (AD line) and all of the DLC.

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had forgotten just how cool Spellcrafting looked.

Sigh. Shame it wasn't to be.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!