The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All known future content

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    How certain are these DLCs? Have ZOS confirmed them? :smiley:

Murkmire - officially confirmed
    Clockwork City - officially confirmed
    Mephala's Realm (Spiral Skein) - officially confirmed
    Spellcrafting - officially confirmed
    Horse Racing - officially confirmed
    Battlegrounds - officially confirmed
    Player Housing/Furniture Crafting - officially confirmed

Vvardenfell - unofficially confirmed
    Warden - unofficially confirmed

Trial 5: Red Mountain - not confirmed
    Jewelcrafting - not confirmed
    Restyling - not confirmed
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Dominoid wrote: »

The [edit] video footage is from ZOS themselves.

Do you have any links by chance?

Expand the spoilers in the original post.

*facepalm* my bad lol. Now I feel like a giant idiot :lol:
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Noooo, you're not supposed to tell us positive things like this, at least not without qualifying it by saying that all development work on these items has been shelved to allow ZOS to focus on crate content :wink: !

I've participated on most Crown Crate threads so far, and not a single time I saw anyone even suggesting that any past development would be shelved because of the Crown Crates, just that the possibility of future development suffering because of how it always goes with this kind of system is very real. Also, keep in mind that we knew that most of these areas/systems were being made since before the game even went B2P, they have been in development for a long time.

But, on topic:
    I'm always glad to see the Warden being mentioned. I hope ZOS allows class change if/when they introduce the Warden, though. I would still reroll my characters if they don't, but hey, it is much better if I don't have to. I would have to reroll my Argonian and my Nord to make them Wardens focused on the Animal Companions and on the Winter's Embrace skill lines, respectively, and my Redguard to be my new Stamina Sorcerer (currently my Argonian's class). I would usually oppose to a class change token, but with a new class introduced, I think it would be a good thing. Even if it was one token per character, or if the token only allowed to change to the new class (I would still have to reroll my Redguard, but I can live with that).

The update I am looking forward to the most is the Clockwork City. It's been way too long since we got an update on the main story. Over a year after Orsinium and we didn't move any closer to our most important objective yet, which is obviously saving Darien Gautier.
    He is all alone and he wants to go home, and instead of getting the guys together to go bring poor Darien back we have been sneaking about and going stabby-stabby across the land.
    And it was fun, but seriously guys, we should set our priorities straight.
    #SaveDarien2k17 (that's how kids are writing stuff on the internet nowadays right)
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just wish ZOS would say anything about what's coming up. Anything at all. The radio silence kind of makes me a sad panda.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would gladly reroll my werewolf character if the warden class gets released.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would easily reroll my Nord. She is my Cryomancer and the only thing about her I would feel sorry for losing is the six months of riding skill training that she is finishing this week.
    But my Argonian... All the fish... All the days fishing in Cyrodiil, afraid that someone would gank me while I was fishing (and nobody did, not a single time, which was awesome, but will I be so lucky if I have to do it again?)... Rerolling after that would be a little harder.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeula wrote: »
    Dagoth Ur doesn't die by the vestige's hands as we well know.
    But we don't know that. Dagoth Ur dies many times before his final encounter -- he just keeps coming back until someone does a little something-something to the other thing.

I wouldn't hold my breath on restyling. They explained in an interview earlier this year (was it at the PAX tavern?) that the way their itemization is set up actually makes it extremely difficult to restyle arbitrary items. Even implementing the Convert to Imperial function was a headache, apparently, and you'll note that that system won't let you restyle dropped sets.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

I would easily reroll my Nord. She is my Cryomancer and the only thing about her I would feel sorry for losing is the six months of riding skill training that she is finishing this week.
    But my Argonian... All the fish... All the days fishing in Cyrodiil, afraid that someone would gank me while I was fishing (and nobody did, not a single time, which was awesome, but will I be so lucky if I have to do it again?)... Rerolling after that would be a little harder.

Yeah I have a Breton Cryomancer as well. Sucks that the only ice spells are in the destruction tree right now.
  • fwr.phoenixub17_ESO
    I'm quite doubtful about Leyawiin in Murkmire as it is far enough from the zone. If any, it will be featured in Blackwood zone which lies to the west of Murkmire.

(map is courtesy of Enodoc from UESP)
    User-Enodoc-ESO_Regions.png
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm quite doubtful about Leyawiin in Murkmire as it is far enough from the zone. If any, it will be featured in Blackwood zone which lies to the west of Murkmire.

Good spotting. Good chance it will feature the city of Gideon instead
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    B-buh, the game is dying! Everyone knows it'll shut down in a month after ZOS drain us dry! /s

But seriously. I'm really, really hyped for Vvardenfell. Hadn't considered red mountain as a trial, but it could be interesting. Wonder why we'd be going in there though. Dagoth Ur doesn't die by the vestige's hands as we well know.

It doesn't mean that there aren't some nasty Ash Vampires or a partially active Numidium to fight though. ZOS could easily write up some lore where the Vestige fought Dagoth Ur and was forced to retreat. Who knows :|

It's an amazing trial location though for sure.

Dagoth Ur and the Ghost Fence doesnt become a thing for another few hundred years.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I looked at it a second time and totally agree. Gonna remove it from the original post. The picture displaying a map of Murkmire does not appear to have Leyawiin in it either.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B-buh, the game is dying! Everyone knows it'll shut down in a month after ZOS drain us dry! /s

But seriously. I'm really, really hyped for Vvardenfell. Hadn't considered red mountain as a trial, but it could be interesting. Wonder why we'd be going in there though. Dagoth Ur doesn't die by the vestige's hands as we well know.

It doesn't mean that there aren't some nasty Ash Vampires or a partially active Numidium to fight though. ZOS could easily write up some lore where the Vestige fought Dagoth Ur and was forced to retreat. Who knows :|

It's an amazing trial location though for sure.

Dagoth Ur and the Ghost Fence doesnt become a thing for another few hundred years.

My lore is a bit fuzzy, but I know that Dagoth Ur was a thing as soon as the Tribunal betrayed Nerevar. Dagoth Ur rests within Red Mountain in ESO's time.

As for the Ghost Fence, you are correct. The Tribunal likely still have access to Kagrenac's Tools and don't fear Dagoth Ur yet. It's when their pilgrimage to Red Mountain fails (and Dagoth Ur takes the tools) that the Ghost Fence is risen to delay the inevitable.

Red Mountain is an absolutely perfect Trial location imo.
    Edited by Vaoh on December 4, 2016 6:45AM
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the records in Vivec's own personal library, it's a few hundred years before the Tribunal is even aware of Dagoth Ur. That said, it wouldn't be the first time that ZOS has fudged the timeline in the second era, and I think that the opportunity to join the Tribunal on one of their fabled campaigns to fight Dagoth Ur would be worth the fudge.
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing this stuff. Given ZOS' current pace and tendency to release scraps at a time, it should only take them about five years to roll it all out :D
    Edited by ItsGlaive on December 4, 2016 8:07AM
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any links to all these "official" confirmations?

I for one will believe it when I log into the game and see its there :D
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Where? Do you happen to have a link or remember where it was? Did they really unofficially said it? Omg, no :( they need to remove classes, not add more. People used the character slots and/or farmed so many achievements. And then new class?
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good post & all, but something does not feel quite right about the post itself (what with most of it being datamined somewhat but who am I to judge.)

I only think like this because if something is still under development, then it is most likely to be completely subject to change at anytime by the ZOS Team & Co respectively (Even the release date, so don't get too surprised if they decide to push certain console, pc & PTS Patches, Updates & Dlc back a few more months/years because of this.)
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the informative post ^^
    Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
    Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
    Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
    Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
    War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you update with actual confirmations vs speculation?

We know for example that spellcrafting - first announced in 2014 - has been "shelved" for quite some time. No update on it since.

We also know that Warden was a class pre-release, it was taken out, and hasn't been heard from since - unless you have a source on this one?

I'm sure the others could do with some fact checking and clarification too :)
    Edited by ItsGlaive on December 4, 2016 11:05AM
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any further information on the Warden?
    Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
    Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
    Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
    Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
    War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    We also know that Warden was a class pre-release, it was taken out, and hasn't been heard from since - unless you have a source on this one?

The skill lines were recently added back to the game files and datamined. They were included with One Tamriel.

But afaik, ZOS said nothing on it. Before that was datamined, Wrobel said he wanted to make a new class but hadn't gotten a green light for it yet. That's all I know.

Meet my characters:

• ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The skill lines were recently added back to the game files and datamined. They were included with One Tamriel.

But afaik, ZOS said nothing on it. Before that was datamined, Wrobel said he wanted to make a new class but hadn't gotten a green light for it yet. That's all I know.

Ah I didn't realise they'd been added back in, thought they'd always been there, thanks for the update :)
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agobi wrote: »

Any links to all these "official" confirmations?

I for one will believe it when I log into the game and see its there :D

You've got to be kidding me -_-

CLICK ON THE SPOILER TAGS

I linked videos (from ZOS!) on Murkmire, Clockwork City, Mephala's Realm, Battlegrounds and Spellcrafting.

Player Housing is literally arriving next major base game patch (Q1 2017).

I cannot make this information any clearer than I already have.
    Edited by Vaoh on December 4, 2016 11:41AM
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opaj wrote: »
    Dagoth Ur doesn't die by the vestige's hands as we well know.
    But we don't know that. Dagoth Ur dies many times before his final encounter -- he just keeps coming back until someone does a little something-something to the other thing.

I haven't heard about him dying many times. As of ESO's timeline he's inactive and biding his time. The tribunal doesn't even know he survived.
    Edited by Vrienda on December 4, 2016 11:44AM
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you update with actual confirmations vs speculation?

We know for example that spellcrafting - first announced in 2014 - has been "shelved" for quite some time. No update on it since.

I'm sure the others could do with some fact checking and clarification too :)

What are you talking about? Everything has been fact-checked for you.

I created a *Speculation* section separate from "Future Zones" and "Future Systems". Did you even look at the main post? You aren't making sense.

Also, you are the third poster who has failed to read the information from my main post before lashing out to delegitimize it. You would answer your own questions by reading.

Spellcrafting was put on hold - it will release later. Confirmed by common sense, world design in certain places if you watched the video previews of Spellcrafting itself (provided by ZoS), ad by ZOS on ESO Live.

Warden skill lines were datamined from One Tamriel's PTS meaning ZOS just added them. This in turn means they are in development again.

Don't make up your own information or say stuff isn't confirmed because you were too lazy to read my post or find it yourself. It's disrespectful. Be happy that I decided to gather everything together for the community. If you have questions feel free to ask but read the main post first.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good work but a lot of these new zones have been 'coming soon' for well over two years. Leads me to wonder, are they actually coming soon or just something the company can pretend they are still working on. If they were in development 18 months back you would have thought that they would be ready by now, especially as the game doesn't seem to be rushing tons of new content - OT was not new content, if housing is a dlc, then that too is not new content

Murkmire had to be completely reworked due to adventure zones being a flop. ZOS have been amazing when it comes to releasing a steady stream of content. Especially when compared to other MMO's. WoW went an entire year without any new content recently and the content they released before that was practically non-existent.

OT was a much needed update and housing is a huge new game feature. Vvardenfell has been datamined quite recently so that'll probably be out for Q2 or Q3 2017. And judging by the map it'll be something akin or Orsinium in size, if not bigger.

ESO has plenty of content that we KNOW is being worked on. You just need to look at what's being datamined.
    Edited by Vrienda on December 4, 2016 1:13PM
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good work but a lot of these new zones have been 'coming soon' for well over two years. Leads me to wonder, are they actually coming soon or just something the company can pretend they are still working on. If they were in development 18 months back you would have thought that they would be ready by now, especially as the game doesn't seem to be rushing tons of new content - OT was not new content, if housing is a dlc, then that too is not new content

Murkmire had to be completely reworked due to adventure zones being a flop. ZOS have been amazing when it comes to releasing a steady stream of content. Especially when compared to other MMO's. WoW went an entire year without any new content recently and the content they released before that was practically non-existent.

OT was a much needed update and housing is a huge new game feature. Vvardenfell has been datamined quite recently so that'll probably be out for Q2 or Q3 2017. And judging by the map it'll be something akin or Orsinium in size, if not bigger.

ESO has plenty of content that we KNOW is being worked on.

In all fairness, ESO had a content drought between the release of Craglorn's upper half and the release of the game on console IC after console release. I think that wasn't a full year without content, I'm not 100% sure, but it was almost that much if not exactly 12 months. Also, Murkmire, Clockwork City and Mephala's Realm were announced before the game went B2P. Same for Spellcrafting. Housing and small scale PvP were not announced that long ago, but were always in the realm of "we want to do it but not right now".

It's been a while since we had something announced that was entirely new and never talked about before. Depending on the release schedule and on what Clockwork City actually is - if it will be a DLC by itself or part of Vvardenfell - we might have one year of known content only. I would very much like to see something entirely new announced, and I'm eagerly awaiting for the Year Ahead post that should show up early next year.

I'm still waiting for Vvardenfell's official announcement, too. I've been brainstorming with some other players and I think there is a possibility that Vvardenfell is being made with Bethesda as an Expansion Pack to celebrate the 15th anniversary of TES III: Morrowind instead of it being just a DLC.
    Edited by Abeille on December 4, 2016 1:55PM

Meet my characters:

• fwr.phoenixub17_ESO
    In all fairness, ESO had a content drought between the release of Craglorn's upper half and the release of the game on console IC after console release. I think that wasn't a full year without content, I'm not 100% sure, but it was almost that much if not exactly 12 months.
    I think you've missed something huge here. There was like five updates at that 12 months, all with big improvements of the game - from dye stations, improved facial animations, and the justice system to dungeons and crafting improvements.