The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I've Joined the Dark Side

• DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome vid. People will be salty you use procsets, but potatoes in procsets still only kills potatoes. Not to mention they'll only kill ONE potatoe.

Also, LOL at that scene hiding under the broken section of the wall. Now I have something to try.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on November 27, 2016 2:33PM
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the end of the day, everyone has to play their own game.

I'll leave you with this to think about:

"Captain Ahab just has to get his whale"

If you have ever read the book Moby *** Captain Ahab becomes obsessed with revenge on a whale. In doing so he loses sight of everything else and relentlessly pursues this whale getting himself and all of his crew killed...sacrificed needlessly because of his obsession to "get the whale"

The use of these proc sets is very similar...people are so obsessed with being the absolute best they simply don't care who or what they have to sacrifice and simply don't care who or what they step on...as long as they are competive and using the best they don't care what means they use to get there, and will come up with any excuse or rationalization to justify it because just like Captain Ahab...nothing else matters but that whale.

Again this isn't some post to appeal to anyones moral or ethics they don't exist in this game anymore then they existed for Captain Ahab...just like Ahab relentlessly chasing the whale(being competitive with procs) your destroying everything around you but your tunnel vision just won't let you see it...just like Captain Ahab...just some food for thought.

I don't use any of those sets(have lots of them in my bank) just because I simply don't want to hurt the community..it's one thing to be killed, to be zerged, buts it's a whole other thing to kill someone with RNG.

Please understand I'm not critiquing Sypher this is simply a rhetorical post...something to ponder nothing more, do as you will.

Carry on ladies and gentlemen
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh I have to farm some veli shoulders and make a nightblade.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Tarrocan
    Tarrocan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Ahh I have to farm some veli shoulders and make a nightblade.

Sure, u have a Brain,then use the same :#
    AD MagDK 'General Degree <-Main
    AD MagDK 'Kiana
    AD MagDK Kiana The Fire Mage
    AD MagDK General Degree
    AD MagDK 'Tarrocan
    AD StamDK Tarrocan
    AD MagNB GrimKiller
    AD MagCro Som Ting Wong
    AD StamCro 'Som Ting Wong
    AD MagPlar Della Grant
    AD StamPlar R I M M A
    AD MagSorc Nautilus
    AD StamSorc R O M M I
    AD StamNB Iba
    AD MagDen Desi Roots
    AD StamDen Diablo
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys. guys, guys. Sypher loves PvP, you think he wants it destroyed by procsets? Come on, think one step further....
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just so you all know I have not joined the dark side. Still running around in good ole' morkuldin and hundings, and have yet to turn down a duel. Thanks for reading.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so you all know I have not joined the dark side. Still running around in good ole' morkuldin and hundings, and have yet to turn down a duel. Thanks for reading.

I still use Hundings myself #HUNDINGSBROS
  • reclaimervii.sierra117ub17_ESO
    WHUUUU.gif

dem proc sets
    dat music choice
    kill me
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The_Duke wrote: »
    Maybe Im wrong to expect more from his talents than a rehash of the same old proc/gank builds we commonly see polluting the internet.

Was googling the best way to cook pasta, got ganked.

{★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Maybe Im wrong to expect more from his talents than a rehash of the same old proc/gank builds we commonly see polluting the internet.

Bring cold water to a rolling boil, add gluten free pasta, cook until al dente.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »

Bring cold water to a rolling boil, add gluten free pasta, cook until al dente.

Cheers bud, saves the horse simulator back!
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Boil it in whiskey.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

Boil it in whiskey.

Jameson FTW.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Animals..
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    Addons
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »
    Sypher wrote: »
    Telel wrote: »
    So @Sypher all medium, or did you mix in some heavy armor for the passives and protection?

All medium all divines.

:#

This one definitely has to keep their newer pups away from your videos then. At least until they can tell the difference between a solo build and a group build.

Radiant Magelight can be helpful for combating the stun and the damage to the group. Here's a piece of that info from the Tooltip;
    The mote also reveals hidden or invisible enemies, prevents being stunned by stealth attacks, and reduces damage from stealth attacks by 50% for you and nearby allies.

As someone running something similar to the OP, Radiant has saved my life when I have been engaged by an enemy from stealth while it was present on my bar.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on November 28, 2016 6:35PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have ever read the book Moby *** Captain Ahab becomes obsessed with revenge on a whale. In doing so he loses sight of everything else and relentlessly pursues this whale getting himself and all of his crew killed...sacrificed needlessly because of his obsession to "get the whale"

The use of these proc sets is very similar...people are so obsessed with being the absolute best they simply don't care who or what they have to sacrifice and simply don't care who or what they step on...as long as they are competive and using the best they don't care what means they use to get there, and will come up with any excuse or rationalization to justify it because just like Captain Ahab...nothing else matters but that whale.

Again this isn't some post to appeal to anyones moral or ethics they don't exist in this game anymore then they existed for Captain Ahab...just like Ahab relentlessly chasing the whale(being competitive with procs) your destroying everything around you but your tunnel vision just won't let you see it...just like Captain Ahab...just some food for thought.

I don't use any of those sets(have lots of them in my bank) just because I simply don't want to hurt the community..it's one thing to be killed, to be zerged, buts it's a whole other thing to kill someone with RNG.

Please understand I'm not critiquing Sypher this is simply a rhetorical post...something to ponder nothing more, do as you will.

Which is a bad analogy to use in a world where theres only captain ahabs left. That´s exactly the point. It´s not hurting anyone because everyone is a captain ahab at this point making the whole string of "arguments" invalid.

And this is what i´m listening to when i press my destro ult:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LESQuO2YN5I
    Edited by Derra on November 28, 2016 7:59PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Which is a bad analogy to use in a world where theres only captain ahabs left. That´s exactly the point. It´s not hurting anyone because everyone is a captain ahab at this point making the whole string of "arguments" invalid.

Oh but didn't you see?! Sypher can do things very few people can do!!!
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And isn´t he doing things few players can do?

To give another analogy about most comments:
    It´s the same as if somebody was complaining about arnold schwarzenegger doing steroids when winning mr. olympia. If you´re in the competition you´re on the roids.

It does not eliminate the competition - just moves it to a level where you can´t compete with "natural" means.
    Edited by Derra on November 28, 2016 9:18PM
    <Noricum>

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It´s the same as if somebody was complaining about arnold schwarzenegger doing steroids when winning mr. olympia. If you´re in the competition you´re on the roids.

It does not eliminate the competition - just moves it to a level where you can´t compete with "natural" means.

Nah. I know quite a few people who can do what he does and some better IMO. Just with less selfies and more humility. But to me it's all moot. When any one of them can earn an M.D. and start saving lives, then they can back slap. It's all perspective. :smile:
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone saying Sypher has no skill and the vipers set did all the work for him in this video has no experience with Sypher's history ingame . He pretty much lived and breathed ESO since the beginning and can probably do some of those fights in his sleep . He's played every class at max potential . There are some players better them him still but not a lot .

The issue debated should stay focused on the problem , the broken vipers set and other broken five piece proc sets , not the player . He has been beaten up enough in my opinion for featuring one . Let's not forget that Sypher is a good person in the community and helps people . He doesn't bash people over and over and he doesn't spread negativity all the time . We need more players like that here . In a weird way it's good he made this video as it shed some light on the issue and some people who were not aware vipers was broken are aware now .

I'm only taking the time to write this because Roe told me at work today a lot more about him I did not know and that he sometimes subscribes to his channel because the information is always top shelf , as he put it and actually helps everyone in PvP learn not to be horrible scrubs wasting a population spot , his words ad-libbed .

I personally have no issue with proc sets that are not broken and enjoy having fun with them . Clever alchemist is one of my favorites . I don't believe any of these new proc sets will be horribly detrimental to PvP once the issues with weapon swapping , double proc before cool down timer , weapon enchantment allowing ranged proc for Melee set and line of sight checks are fixed . The exception being tremorscale having the stun longer then the cool down as FENGRUSH pointed out in his last video .

Conclusion being ZOS is causing everyone's uproar here not Sypher . They've really broken PvP and contributed to players turning on one another from THEIR mistakes and lack of customer service fixing it in a timely matter .
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah. I know quite a few people who can do what he does and some better IMO. Just with less selfies and more humility. But to me it's all moot. When any one of them can earn an M.D. and start saving lives, then they can back slap. It's all perspective. :smile:

So in the end you´re not agreeing with him exposing his play in the way he does (and has to) because he´s trying to make a living of that?
    I don´t understand the point you´re making in that case.
    <Noricum>

• Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really tempted to make a "failed ganks" video with explanation, to help educate people on what they can do to counter this setup. However I enjoy ganking people so there's a conflict of interests. Still, I really hate seeing people claim there is absolutely no way to survive it. I've been hunting my brethren gankers on my new magplar, and it's a good feeling to watch them melt.
    Edited by Kutsuu on November 28, 2016 10:42PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a terrible skillbars, ugh! ;D
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So in the end you´re not agreeing with him exposing his play in the way he does (and has to) because he´s trying to make a living of that?

If Sypher had some gumption and fortitude he would lure you all to his website with ESO and then there he would try to sell you the SypherPK hair care product line. PK Gel, PK Wax, PK Pomade, PK Natural Shampoo + Conditioner, etc.

Remember where you got the idea first Sypher. NYC to TX, NYC to TX, *fist bump*.

P.S.: Act quickly before Sribes steals the idea and it becomes Ya Good Gel, Ya Good Wax, Ya Good Pomade, Exposed Natural Shampoo + Conditioner, etc.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSCIPIOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In summary, pro-gamers don't contribute a lot to society. I can't and never will take them very seriously. Their "talent" falls a little low on the ladder of success. JMO, of course.
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People need to lay off Sypher.

I know he knows it comes with the territory, being the foremost ESO full-time streamer, but this criticism in particular is absurd to me. If he wants to gank, who is stopping him? If he wears these cheese sets while openly and vocally informing people why they're awful, then he's done his part. It isn't his job to balance the game. His job is to provide entertainment, commentary, and opinion.
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In summary, pro-gamers don't contribute a lot to society. I can't and never will take them very seriously. Their "talent" falls a little low on the ladder of success. JMO, of course.

I'm sure glad your opinion doesn't mean anything to me or I'd be super depressed.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭

But but...all those clipped aneurysms, fires put out, and houses built for the homeless...oh wait :lol:. In all seriousness though, it'd be pretty sweet if I could achieve the same standard of living as I'm accustomed to and self-actualization by being a pro-gamer.
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Don't contribute a lot to society"?

Who are you to look down on someone else? And who are you to decide what a "contribution to society" is?

I can tell what you don't contribute to society: humility.

Streamers provide entertainment for countless people, are they contributing less to society than the person who brews your beer or crafts your meal or plays music for you? Do those people not contribute to society or do you think you're better than them too?

I'm not trying to fanboy or soapbox here, but that is some straight egotistical nonsense.
    Edited by RadioheadSh0t on November 29, 2016 2:11AM
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Myrcy
    Myrcy
    ✭✭

Or maybe the white whale is the "high ground" in this case.

Just something to ponder nothing more, do as you will.