The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I've Joined the Dark Side

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So the whole argument here, the whole argument in the entire ESO community is if Sypher is or isn't a prostitute to the ever changing meta?

Who cares lol
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    God_flakes wrote: »
    At the end of the day, everyone has to play their own game.

I'll leave you with this to think about:

"Captain Ahab just has to get his whale"

If you have ever read the book Moby *** Captain Ahab becomes obsessed with revenge on a whale. In doing so he loses sight of everything else and relentlessly pursues this whale getting himself and all of his crew killed...sacrificed needlessly because of his obsession to "get the whale"

The use of these proc sets is very similar...people are so obsessed with being the absolute best they simply don't care who or what they have to sacrifice and simply don't care who or what they step on...as long as they are competive and using the best they don't care what means they use to get there, and will come up with any excuse or rationalization to justify it because just like Captain Ahab...nothing else matters but that whale.

Again this isn't some post to appeal to anyones moral or ethics they don't exist in this game anymore then they existed for Captain Ahab...just like Ahab relentlessly chasing the whale(being competitive with procs) your destroying everything around you but your tunnel vision just won't let you see it...just like Captain Ahab...just some food for thought.

I don't use any of those sets(have lots of them in my bank) just because I simply don't want to hurt the community..it's one thing to be killed, to be zerged, buts it's a whole other thing to kill someone with RNG.

Please understand I'm not critiquing Sypher this is simply a rhetorical post...something to ponder nothing more, do as you will.

Carry on ladies and gentlemen

Which is a bad analogy to use in a world where theres only captain ahabs left. That´s exactly the point. It´s not hurting anyone because everyone is a captain ahab at this point making the whole string of "arguments" invalid.

And this is what i´m listening to when i press my destro ult:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LESQuO2YN5I

Oh but didn't you see?! Sypher can do things very few people can do!!!

And isn´t he doing things few players can do?

To give another analogy about most comments:
    It´s the same as if somebody was complaining about arnold schwarzenegger doing steroids when winning mr. olympia. If you´re in the competition you´re on the roids.

It does not eliminate the competition - just moves it to a level where you can´t compete with "natural" means.

Oh please, theres plenty of people running no max cheese, 1-button-nuclear skill bombs and do still fine, or even much better than fine. You know what`s even worse than proc sets, malu and destro ult? People painting the world in colors that make it look like you need to use those to compete. You dont, I dont and if this streamer punk has just a fraction of the skill he claims to have, then he doesn`t need to as well.

ESO hypocrisy.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have ever read the book Moby *** Captain Ahab becomes obsessed with revenge on a whale. In doing so he loses sight of everything else and relentlessly pursues this whale getting himself and all of his crew killed...sacrificed needlessly because of his obsession to "get the whale"

The use of these proc sets is very similar...people are so obsessed with being the absolute best they simply don't care who or what they have to sacrifice and simply don't care who or what they step on...as long as they are competive and using the best they don't care what means they use to get there, and will come up with any excuse or rationalization to justify it because just like Captain Ahab...nothing else matters but that whale.

Again this isn't some post to appeal to anyones moral or ethics they don't exist in this game anymore then they existed for Captain Ahab...just like Ahab relentlessly chasing the whale(being competitive with procs) your destroying everything around you but your tunnel vision just won't let you see it...just like Captain Ahab...just some food for thought.

I don't use any of those sets(have lots of them in my bank) just because I simply don't want to hurt the community..it's one thing to be killed, to be zerged, buts it's a whole other thing to kill someone with RNG.

Please understand I'm not critiquing Sypher this is simply a rhetorical post...something to ponder nothing more, do as you will.

Which is a bad analogy to use in a world where theres only captain ahabs left. That´s exactly the point. It´s not hurting anyone because everyone is a captain ahab at this point making the whole string of "arguments" invalid.

It´s the same as if somebody was complaining about arnold schwarzenegger doing steroids when winning mr. olympia. If you´re in the competition you´re on the roids.

It does not eliminate the competition - just moves it to a level where you can´t compete with "natural" means.

Oh please, theres plenty of people running no max cheese, 1-button-nuclear skill bombs and do still fine, or even much better than fine. You know what`s even worse than proc sets, malu and destro ult? People painting the world in colors that make it look like you need to use those to compete. You dont, I dont and if this streamer punk has just a fraction of the skill he claims to have, then he doesn`t need to as well.

ESO hypocrisy.

I kind of agree with you, but have you ever fought a stam dk wearing Selene, Reactive, and Viper? There's very little counter to crap like that. Not only do they have crazy defence, but when those sets proc the burst is unbelievable.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

ESO hypocrisy.

I kind of agree with you, but have you ever fought a stam dk wearing Selene, Reactive, and Viper? There's very little counter to crap like that. Not only do they have crazy defence, but when those sets proc the burst is unbelievable.

Yes, I have. Reactive runs dry, worst that can happen is a draw.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was there when he was streaming this vid in live...and in my opinion, if people are running 1. Proctato Builds 2. Brick Wall Builds !!! he has all the rights to play as in the video. Sypher or others did not ask for (almost) one shot builds, ZOS served us this so doesnt matter how much we QQ about it, you can't do anything agaisnt this meta till ZOS desides to remove all the Proc Sets from the game.

#bringback1.5
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ESO hypocrisy.

This comment was terrible :( so much wrong with it I don't know where to start.

1. Doing Fine /= being competitive at a high level. If you are playing SOLO which is a completely viable and appropriate way to play the game. You have to run sets like this and abilities like the destro ult to be competitive at a high level. Not running these sets could get you by, but for the competitive player it is not enough. Maybe in a group you can get away with running unique builds and not use proc sets, but not in SOLO pvp. (if you want to be at the top of your game)

2. "You know what`s even worse than proc sets, malu and destro ult? People painting the world in colors that make it look like you need to use those to compete. You dont, I dont" This mindset is terrible because you're absolutely wrong and all this does is make ZOS undermine these Proc and over the top builds even further if you're convinced they aren't almost required to be very competitive in pvp. Just dragging the process on longer.

3. You call me a streamer punk (I'm assuming you already have some prejudice of me based off this) and then "has just a fraction of the skill he claims to have, then he doesn`t need to as well." I never claimed or quantified my "skill" I don't know where you're getting this from.

Idk why I replied with this much detail, I guess I was just very bored and kind of bothered by how terrible your points and reasoning's were. :(
    Edited by Sypher on November 29, 2016 7:44AM
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    > Exited Bleaker door last night
    > Popped magelight
    > Instantly surrounded by 50 AD Nightblades in crouch position

I blame Sypher.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Sypher

I wouldn't sweat it to much.

On a non-rhetorical note :)

you really don't need to explain yourself to these folks.

Everyone has a different definition of what's competitive to that individual, and you feeling those sets are needed for you to feel competitive at your level is fine.

You have admitted that these sets are over the top. I tip my hat to you. I say play the game the way you enjoy it and let everything else just roll off your shoulders.

in the end if the game isn't fun, why play right? Don't let others define what you perceive as fun.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sypher

I wouldn't sweat it to much.

On a non-rhetorical note :)

you really don't need to explain yourself to these folks.

Everyone has a different definition of what's competitive to that individual, and you feeling those sets are needed for you to feel competitive at your level is fine.

You have admitted that these sets are over the top. I tip my hat to you. I say play the game the way you enjoy it and let everything else just roll off your shoulders.

in the end if the game isn't fun, why play right? Don't let others define what you perceive as fun.

To be honest, I don't blame him for running this kind of build. Ganking is fun, and an easy way to get kills this patch (especially if you want to wear medium armor).
    What sucks though, is that a lot of people look up to Sypher and copy his builds. Whenever he brings something new out we see mini sypher's everywhere, even on EU. It's currently full of gankers. I wasn't joking when I said I popped magelight and was surrounded by Nightblades (though I may have exaggerated when I said 50).
    Even my stamina builds are running radiant now to reduce the stealth damage by 50%. It's the only way to walk 5 feet from your keep without getting 2 shot.
    Same goes with Fengrush with his Wrobel's Revenge stam sorc build. The day after it was released, every stam sorc I duelled was running that build, or out farming it.
    Saddest thing is, half the people copying these builds have no idea what they're doing but still get kills because these sets give such a huge advantage.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah. I know quite a few people who can do what he does and some better IMO. Just with less selfies and more humility. But to me it's all moot. When any one of them can earn an M.D. and start saving lives, then they can back slap. It's all perspective. :smile:

So in the end you´re not agreeing with him exposing his play in the way he does (and has to) because he´s trying to make a living of that?
    I don´t understand the point you´re making in that case.

In summary, pro-gamers don't contribute a lot to society. I can't and never will take them very seriously. Their "talent" falls a little low on the ladder of success. JMO, of course.

They´re entertaining people and hopefully are also somewhat of a rolemodel on how to cope with loosing/frustration and what you can achieve with dedication on a topic (whatever that may be).

You´re approach to a persons worth in society is so onedimensional and elitist - I´m somewhat at a loss of words here.

I´m studying to become a teacher (which by your approach also does not contribute a lot to society when you set the bar at saving lives to start with) and while my future profession might shape little people to become those perfect little streamlined robots in the grinding wheels of society - realisticly i probably won´t impact as many people in my whole career as a semi successful twitch streamer does in a year.

So in the end not only do i believe you´re view on the topic is somewhat elitist - i also think you´re plain wrong on how you value a persons worth in society.

Sypher wrote: »

ESO hypocrisy.

1. Doing Fine /= being competitive at a high level. If you are playing SOLO which is a completely viable and appropriate way to play the game. You have to run sets like this and abilities like the destro ult to be competitive at a high level. Not running these sets could get you by, but for the competitive player it is not enough. Maybe in a group you can get away with running unique builds and not use proc sets, but not in SOLO pvp. (if you want to be at the top of your game)

2. "You know what`s even worse than proc sets, malu and destro ult? People painting the world in colors that make it look like you need to use those to compete. You dont, I dont" This mindset is terrible because you're absolutely wrong and all this does is make ZOS undermine these Proc and over the top builds even further if you're convinced they aren't almost required to be very competitive in pvp. Just dragging the process on longer.

3. You call me a streamer punk (I'm assuming you already have some prejudice of me based off this) and then "has just a fraction of the skill he claims to have, then he doesn`t need to as well." I never claimed or quantified my "skill" I don't know where you're getting this from.

Idk why I replied with this much detail, I guess I was just very bored and kind of bothered by how terrible your points and reasoning's were. :(

@Sypher - Koma is one of the most original players in terms of builds i personally know and almost exclusively plays solo and smallgrp and has been doing that since the start of the game - as a hybrid or stamina sorc.
    I know he is (and you probably should believe when he says it) competetive without using procc sets. It´s just that the playstyle associated with it does not suit me personally - and probably neither does you.

@Mojomonkeyman I do believe people are doing fine. Especially on a magsorc (which is somewhat limited in what proccsets it can use in the first place) i can get away without them reasonably well.
    However if you´re running in a small grp fo 2 to 4 people (which is what we find ourselves doing almost every day at the moment) you have to be kidding yourself if you think you can compete against the procc/ destro ult meta without using them yourself - if you don´t outskill/play your opponent significantly.
    The point is you have to be reasonably tanky to play without procc sets (which most of the builds i´ve seen you use are). So let me put it this way:
    If you don´t want to go the tank or gank route proccsets and destro ulti for open fights are without alternative (on stamina and light armor builds).

And yeah i truely believe that. A great player will do great with marksman + hundings + X on NB. But he´ll do even better with widowmaker + selene + X. And in the end that´s what it´s all about.

My mindgame for competetive is: Can i beat myself wearing gearset y with gearset x. If the answer is no - that set is probably not competetive by my standards.
    Edited by Derra on November 29, 2016 10:02AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a reality TV star, Sypher is going to keep up with what is going viral at the moment. It doesn't really take anything away from him as a player, as its just show business.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO hypocrisy.

:star::star::star::star::star:

"Streamer punk" :joy:

*Edited to add more stars*
    Edited by God_flakes on November 29, 2016 1:22PM
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah. I know quite a few people who can do what he does and some better IMO. Just with less selfies and more humility. But to me it's all moot. When any one of them can earn an M.D. and start saving lives, then they can back slap. It's all perspective. :smile:

So in the end you´re not agreeing with him exposing his play in the way he does (and has to) because he´s trying to make a living of that?

In summary, pro-gamers don't contribute a lot to society. I can't and never will take them very seriously. Their "talent" falls a little low on the ladder of success. JMO, of course.

They´re entertaining people and hopefully are also somewhat of a rolemodel on how to cope with loosing/frustration and what you can achieve with dedication on a topic (whatever that may be).

You´re approach to a persons worth in society is so onedimensional and elitist - I´m somewhat at a loss of words here.

I´m studying to become a teacher (which by your approach also does not contribute a lot to society when you set the bar at saving lives to start with) and while my future profession might shape little people to become those perfect little streamlined robots in the grinding wheels of society - realisticly i probably won´t impact as many people in my whole career as a semi successful twitch streamer does in a year.

So in the end not only do i believe you´re view on the topic is somewhat elitist - i also think you´re plain wrong on how you value a persons worth in society.

ESO hypocrisy.

@Sypher - Koma is one of the most original players in terms of builds i personally know and almost exclusively plays solo and smallgrp and has been doing that since the start of the game - as a hybrid or stamina sorc.
    I know he is (and you probably should believe when he says it) competetive without using procc sets. It´s just that the playstyle associated with it does not suit me personally - and probably neither does you.

@Mojomonkeyman I do believe people are doing fine. Especially on a magsorc (which is somewhat limited in what proccsets it can use in the first place) i can get away without them reasonably well.
    However if you´re running in a small grp fo 2 to 4 people (which is what we find ourselves doing almost every day at the moment) you have to be kidding yourself if you think you can compete against the procc/ destro ult meta without using them yourself - if you don´t outskill/play your opponent significantly.
    The point is you have to be reasonably tanky to play without procc sets (which most of the builds i´ve seen you use are). So let me put it this way:
    If you don´t want to go the tank or gank route proccsets and destro ulti for open fights are without alternative (on stamina and light armor builds).

And yeah i truely believe that. A great player will do great with marksman + hundings + X on NB. But he´ll do even better with widowmaker + selene + X. And in the end that´s what it´s all about.

My mindgame for competetive is: Can i beat myself wearing gearset y with gearset x. If the answer is no - that set is probably not competetive by my standards.

My mother was a teacher for 30 years. If you think teaching is merely "shaping robots", you absolutely should NOT be going in to education.

I sincerely don't mean to sound elitist. I work with doctors and surgeons and psychologists and orthotists and wound care specialists on a daily basis. My entire family has served in the military and my father is a retired Colonel. I consider that the real world. Understand, even though I game and have a passion for it...it's a hobby for most people and it's not "real world". It's not very contributory to society in general other than to bring about some pleasure after a stressful day: for *most* people. All that being said, pro gamers have their place and a role to fill and when they get called out on stuff perhaps they should place some perspective on what it is they do, why they're getting called out. Sypher has gotten some feedback here. Whether he heeds it or not is entirely up to him.
    Edited by God_flakes on November 29, 2016 1:32PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At some point in a cars life its a good idea to fix it because it still has value. But when the value of that car expires its better to get any value you can from the parts before it gets sent to the scrap yard. I think we are at that point where people are seeing the end of its value and taking all they can before its completely valueless. Not because the car has reached some great age but because the only mechanic in town doesn't care about it. The mechanic doesn't have any interest in preserving the value of the car. The mechanic only works on the wheels so it continues to roll.
    Edited by Armitas on November 29, 2016 2:04PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO hypocrisy.

My mother was a teacher for 30 years. If you think teaching is merely "shaping robots", you absolutely should NOT be going in to education.

I sincerely don't mean to sound elitist. I work with doctors and surgeons and psychologists and orthotists and wound care specialists on a daily basis. My entire family has served in the military and my father is a retired Colonel. I consider that the real world. Understand, even though I game and have a passion for it...it's a hobby for most people and it's not "real world". It's not very contributory to society in general other than to bring about some pleasure after a stressful day: for *most* people. All that being said, pro gamers have their place and a role to fill and when they get called out on stuff perhaps they should place some perspective on what it is they do, why they're getting called out. Sypher has gotten some feedback here. Whether he heeds it or not is entirely up to him.

Thanks for telling me what i shouldn´t do. I don´t think you´ve thought enough about the topic (maybe in general) and are not able to differentiate between school as an institution and the teacher working there.
    The whole concept of school works towards the goal of streamlining kids to work in todays society (or rather in the society of 30 years ago because systems change oh so slow). I guess in america it´s only purpose really is to teach kids how to write tests.
    Do i think that´s all a teacher does? Hardly. Do i think the purpose of the institution in general is what i´ve stated and in the end every teacher helps achieving that in some way? You can be sure i am.

That´s exactly what i mean with being elitist btw and your way of thinking about what´s relevant in the "real world" and what is not is ironically exactly what leads me to say the things i do about the school system.

Is a professional dancer relevant in your real world? They´re only doing that to bring joy to the people watching them.
    Is a standup comedian relevant?
    Is an actor relevant?
    Is a professional musician relevant?
    Is a preacher or priest relevant?
    Is professional sport relevant?
    By your assessment everything related to recreational or cultural activities contributes less to society than "proper" work in a hospital or the military, police, whatever.

With that line of thinking you´re showing - the essence of what makes human society (that being culture of any shape and kind) would get lost ultimately.

If on the other hand you find a streamer to be less important than a dancer in your cities theatrical group you´d just rather living in yesterdays society and haven´t adapted to the fact that new media and distribution systems changed how people enjoy their recreational time.

I think people like you should try to get some perspective on what they´re saying and try to put things into some form of greater context than their personal life choices.
    Edited by Derra on November 29, 2016 3:45PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50