Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bring crafting up to par with Overland sets? (jewelry crafting ...again)

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make <anything> great again trope = Me projectile vomiting from every orifice in my body.

Metaphorically speaking.

EDIT: But jewelry crafting... yes.

Edited by Phinix1 on April 24, 2017 4:37AM
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Make <anything> great again trope = Me projectile vomiting from every orifice in my body.

Metaphorically speaking.

EDIT: But jewelry crafting... yes.

haha I agree, but at the time i was written nearly 6 months ago it got peoples attention and made them read it ;p

*fixed it*
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on April 24, 2017 4:45AM
    love is love
  • Poliwrath
    Poliwrath
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    #makecraftinggreatagain
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes to everything.

Crafting really deserves some love. I appreciate that furniture crafting brought a new dynamic to the skill, but no particular value (anyone can do it). There's very little reason to put skill points, time or effort into crafting these days - which is a real shame.

ZoS really needs to broaden who they listen to - ESO is surely about much more than PVP and dungeon grinding.
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Every set should be craftable (jewelry also). Every set should drop. Every set should be buyable from NPCs. Traits on weapons and apparel should be changeable on crafting stations or paying gold and/or mats to NPCs. All sets should be Bind on Pickup or Bind on Account so you can't make your friends or guildies do the work.

That said, better sets should take considerably more "work" to craft than they do now, and bought sets should be expensive.
  • Visigoth
    Visigoth
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd be perfectly happy with the ability to craft jewelry (and upgrade jewelry) although most of the crafted sets are becoming underwhelming with each new release, they still take up the role of providing decent/good complementary sets for the dropped sets.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Visigoth wrote: »
    I'd be perfectly happy with the ability to craft jewelry (and upgrade jewelry) although most of the crafted sets are becoming underwhelming with each new release, they still take up the role of providing decent/good complementary sets for the dropped sets.
    Crafting jewelry would be an huge improvement in crafted sets, first it that you have more options, you can mix two crafted sets or one dropped and one crafted easier.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Duce397
    Duce397
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    Crafting should always be better than dropped sets , or at least on par with them. Wish mmo's would get this right for a change.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Drop and crafted sets need be equal. But big issue they face is to add jewelry crafting before that can happen. Everyone should have choice to grind or craft to have great gear as both ways take a lot of work.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Naerri
    Naerri
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. So many motifs and all you have is Julianos/Hundings again and again....
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes to all but its not going to happend soon IMHO, something like that requires a lot of work (skills, maybe craft line, matts, nodes, balance and many more) while they have to polish Morrowind to be as close to perfection as possible. Also they cant sell changes like this, it would have to be free for all, so its very low importance thread.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Don't worry... once we are all nerfed, they really only need one crafted set called Warden's Armor. Since playing anything other than warden after Morrowind will handicap you, they just need to manage the one overpowered Warden's Armor set. :smile:
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    zaria wrote: »
    Visigoth wrote: »
    Crafting jewelry would be an huge improvement in crafted sets, first it that you have more options, you can mix two crafted sets or one dropped and one crafted easier.

yes but, all it does is maintain the competition between crafted and drops.

What i want to see is both be needed, not both be possible.

Each should have their own unique building blocks.

Right now we have this:

Both crafted and drops share:
    • Access to build 5pc body/wpn sets
    • Access to all the traits but crafted offers a more convenient way to get the traits you want.
    • Access to hvy/light/medium weights - though only a portion of the drop sets (monsters and hews bane etc) have more than one type per set so crafted is more convenient for weight choices.

Drops also unique to them have access to give you 2pc body sets (monster), 3pc wpn/jewel sets, 1-2pc wpn sets (maelstrom or master) and jewelry for every 5pc set it has as well as non-set drop jewels. All of these are unique to drops so there will never be a solid build that does not contain at least one of these blocks. Drops place in builds is guaranteed.

Crafteds also have unique to them on only style control. There is no guarantee that crafteds will have a place in any solid build. Since 1T there seem to have been more and more frequent use of all-drop builds based on anecdotal evidence.

If you want to give both their place in the sun you dont need to have them adding jewels to the "slots we compete over" especially when the jewel grind is fairly easy compared to the weapons grind.

IMO what you need is to give crafteds some useful and needed unique blocks they bring to the table - things you cannot get from drops.

Minimal effort solution"3pc and 4pc body sets" (just allow you to drop one or two of the 2-3-4pc bonuses from a crafted set at crafting.) 3-4pc body weapon sets can help out a lot of builds - esp those with staves, bows and two-handeds.

massive effort solution : Remove weapons for sets from drops (non-set weapons still drop). Weapons are only available thru crafted. Take the current special weapons like maelstrom and master and replace them with maelstrom and master jewels. this gives weapons set pieces only to crafted, jewel set pieces only to drops, resets the maelstrom/master grinds to the much more reasonable jewelry grind and guarantees every solid build will have some crafted and some drops.

make crafted and drops not "competitors" in your build scheming but "collaborators" in your build scheming.

Then basically its not "is crafted better than drop" but "which crafted options are best for me and which drops are best for me"
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Jewelry crafting was planned at the start and since the release. Three years gone...
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Make crafters a thing in the game to be needed, mainly speaking about endgame. Willpower/agility/vo/moondancer? Only sets people need right now are TBS/Eternal hunt/NMG. Maybe hundings but there are way better options, next patch all of this will change to lesser. Only sets I see being made are seducer/willows path. And what are those? 6-7 traits? 8? Not even 9.
    The Flyers
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Add jewelry crafting. Here is how it could work.

First, we would need a place where to craft these. I would advise using of already existing crafting stations. For raw crafting and improving we could use blacksmithing station. For final product and glyph implementation, we would use enchanting station.

Step one.Raw material for crafting would be, for example, silver. Silver could be obtained in it's raw form as a very rare ore harvested in any ore node. It could be like 1% chance to get raw silver ore. Than we would need to refine it on blacksmithing station, 10 raw silver ores would give us one silver ingot. To create hollow jewelry, you would need to mix it with that tier ingots. So, for CP 160, it would need rubedite ingots and the amount would be 10 same as needed for helmet/gloves of that tier.
    Step two. We would need to craft a glyph of health, magicka or stamina, or even tri stat glyph on enchanter's table.
    Step three. A rare ingredient merge glyph with pre crafted jewel piece - let's call it gold dust just for lolz. You would need to do crafting writs to obtain it, since these would be rare rewards for any writ you do. Higher tier writs could yield more chance to get them. For example, shiet tier writs would give you 1% chance to get this, and CP 150 tier writs would give you 10% chance.
    Step 4. You craft hollow necklace/ring on blacksmith's station, that take it to enchanter's station and merge it with desired glyph using gold dust in the process. After this is done, you get your custom crafted set jewelry.

Important notice. Jewelry you craft would be the quality you make it forever. So, for shiet tier plain jewelry, you need minimal enchantments, and for CP 160 legendary gold jewelry, you would need CP160 kuta glyph, a lot of gold dust, and max tier rubedite hollow jewel piece.
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I choose the wrong option. I vote yes for Jewelcrafting too.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes to yes, no to no.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Jewelry crafting was planned at the start and since the release. Three years gone...

which might mean it was scrapped, right?!?
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I am a crafter so I would love to see something new or better in my "crafting bag".
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (explain)
    They need to be just as good, but Master Crafters should also be able to remake the overland sets and change traits, weight, and style
  • ArterionAU
    ArterionAU
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes I agree crafting sets should be bought up to par with non-craft sets, only thing I really level crafting for atm is for better master writs.
    Adalmor Devourer of All - Nord Dragonknight EP Tank
    Gah-Kaj-Mota - Argonian Warden EP Tank
    Soran Tailas - Breton Templar DC Healer
    Arterion Auduseus - High Elf Sorcerer AD Magsorc
    Ancarion Aeduseus - High Elf Templar AD Magplar
    Aonus Audeseus - High Elf Warden AD Magden
    Azarath T'rizain - Dark Elf Dragonknight EP MagDK
    Azaron the Dread Wolf - Dark Elf Night Blade EP MagBlade
    Azzan Ansei - Redguard Night Blade AD StamBlade
    Arius Artorious - Imperial Templar AD Stamplar
    Kayne Ansei - Redguard Warden DC Stamden
    Do'ashi Kharhan - Khajiit Sorcerer AD Werewolf Stamsorc
    Azah Ansei - Redguard Dragonknight EP StamDK
    Founder of the Victorious Brotherhood
    Bringer of Light I The Flawless Conqueror I Boethiah's Scythe | Dro m'athra Destroyer | Craglorn Trials Conqueror I Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor I Voice of Reason I Blackrose Executioner
  • deleted220103-006055
    Yes
    lardvader wrote: »
    Yes please - let us be able to:

1. Upgrade / craft jewelry (should be costly)
    2. Change style for any set we know (for a minor cost)
    3. Get some new stuff to craft or buff some of the existing ones
    4. Change trait (for a hefty cost)
    I love all these ideas. Ability to change styles will motivate some people to use dropped sets, since presently chars look ugly in armor pieces in different cobbled together styles.

Even for crafted gear, one may get tired of the same style. Why not let us change it at will even if at cost?

Ability to change traits will make pointless grinding for dropped sets obsolete. I mean, why let the trait be permanently determined by RNG?
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Tryxus wrote: »
    1. Yes to Jewelry Crafting
    2. Yes to Buffing the Crafted sets
    3. Yes to Style Changing existing gear

I agree we need this! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Vanthras79 on April 24, 2017 1:12PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• ghwaite
    ghwaite
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think that crafted sets should be viable, I would also like to see the inclusion of crafting jewellery and perhaps focus items for mages rather than staffs. Some items should also be harder to craft than others, either through hard to obtain recipes or materials from trails, raids etc.

I agree crating should be in line with world dropped items, but think it should also be harder, crafting in ESO is so easy to level it can't be all easy.
    Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain)
    Your poll is worded in such a way to get the exact answer you want and to, in a twisted way, validate your claim. Frank Luntz would be proud.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain)
    Actually my vote would be YES but I didn't care for the way the question was phrased ;)

^ This

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭
    No
    8 and 9 trait sets and few others are largely underwhelming and need tweaking but these sets are not hard to get and making them as good as dropped sets doesn't make any more sense than when they were BiS items.
    If real life had a block function i would go out more.

Proud to have spent a year paying to BETA test ESO for consoles.

Error Code 301
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us the jewellery with Morrowind ZOS ... Do it!
    Edited by Duiwel on April 24, 2017 1:57PM
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Give us jewelry crafting so i can have 5 Hundings/5 Nightmother or 5 TBS/5 Clever Alchemist etc etc. It would open up build variety in so many ways. Tanks, DPS, healer specs... I get all dreamy-eyed thinking about it.