Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bring crafting up to par with Overland sets? (jewelry crafting ...again)

Caligamy_ESO
Caligamy_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Since the introduction of One Tamriel's dropped sets, crafting has become more underwhelming than ever. There are now 35 38 crafted sets in ESO (yes 35! 38!) but I bet it is safe to say only 3 or 4 of these sets are actually being utilized by the vast majority of players. I am not saying that these sets should be reworked to be more powerful than their dropped counterparts, but I think they should at least be put on par with them.

Imagine for a moment if the sets that were currently available to crafters had necklaces and rings, not necessarily overpowered in my opinion since there are arguably better jewelry options already out there.. but I do think this would go miles in improving the crafting experience. And they don't even need a motif style since we can't even see them anyways!

What do you think Tamriel, should jewelry crafting FINALLY be accessible to the masses? Please discuss why you would or would not like to see jewelry crafting as an addition to ESO crafting.
@ZOS_GinaBruno : help us help crafting! <3
Edited by Caligamy_ESO on August 8, 2017 9:06PM
love is love

Bring crafting up to par with Overland sets? (jewelry crafting ...again) 529 votes

Yes
89%
IcyDeadPeopleValetharmdclanin_ESOTabbycatMorbashCasterialwolfdoggie_ESOKensei_ESOraidentenshu_ESOGilvothVisigothElder_Martinvailjohn_ESOEsquire1980g_ESOItsMeTooCalste85faerigirlSakiriCaligamy_ESOWhitePawPrints 476 votes
No
7%
kevlarto_ESOErock25egosumacunnusidkmertustaclocksstoppeShareeStillianSanTii.92LonestrydertherrieurtimidobserverMefitMarkusTheValiantAtraisMachinaOompuhnotimetocarePink_ViolinzDankstatheher0not 39 votes
Other (explain)
2%
NewBlacksmurfCapnPhotonsekou_trayvondguybrushtb16_ESObellanca6561nDMuehlhausenZaldanRecremenArvenAldmeriSilver_StriderNyladreasLucidxNightmareparkhamOlupajmibanan 14 votes
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    1. Yes to Jewelry Crafting
    2. Yes to Buffing the Crafted sets
    3. Yes to Style Changing existing gear
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I actually had to count how many crafted sets were available, couldn't believe there are 35... so many underwhelming sets.

MCGA!

• Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I actually had to count how many crafted sets were available, couldn't believe there are 35... so many underwhelming sets.

MCGA!

I'll admit I had to go count them too.. lol. I know as a crafter I mostly use Twice Born Star, Tava, Julianos, and Hundings... and that one oddball NB I've got in Armor Master still. I don't necessarily know if jewelry slots being available would change much for me but it would at least open up some interesting options.
    love is love
  • LucidxNightmare
    Other (explain)
    We need more than just jewelry to boost crafting. I agree with @Tryxus.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)
    Actually my vote would be YES but I didn't care for the way the question was phrased ;)
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Tryxus wrote: »

I second 1 and 3, 2 is agreeable, but they should try to make them more applicable or at least more unique. Quite a few crafted sets have nearly identical dropped twins, so a revamp is more inline than just a straight up buff. This is better as it would tail the power creep that is already a huge issue.

Another thing, they should try to open up the possibility to use two 5 piece sets on a staff, bow, or 2h user as the power of sets are too good to pass up atm. This would also reduce the necessity of Maelstrom and DSA weapons by providing alternatives.
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Actually my vote would be YES but I didn't care for the way the question was phrased ;)

There were two questions... what triggered you?

What do you think tamriel?

Or

Should jewelry finally be available to the masses?

Or was it the phrase, make "crafting" great again?
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    ZOS has been systematically undermining crafting in favour of drops for ages.

Yes, of course they should reverse this trend. Starting with the level bonus that crafted sets used to have.
  • VoidBlue
    VoidBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I was just telling a friend that crafted sets would be amazing if it had jewelry.

• acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Even if they finally relent and give us jewlery crafting I fear another 20 plus skill point allocation (not terrible but not welcome) and 6 months of reasearching (which just plain sucks)

• will_rob87
    will_rob87
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Absolutely yes. Jewellery crafting defo needs to be included. I would not stop there however, there is a couple of other things that need to be included/improved:
    1. Bigger improvement between purple and gold
    2. Vastly improved and more variety of 7/8/9 trait sets (I think the lower level crafted sets r fine and don't need to/shouldn't compete with the proc sets, but there defo needs to be more variety of end game crafted sets which are on the same level as the procs
    3. Two handed weapons need to count as two item. This is a massive disadvantage at the moment

I'm sure there will be other improvements people can think of, these were just the ones I could think of at the time
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)
    Sounds like a political campaign I don't care for but I never felt crafting was bad. There are definately opportunities to improve upon.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Many of the crafted sets are ones nobody uses and could absolutely be revamped.
  • will_rob87
    will_rob87
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think that the current crafted sets are still useful until u get to CP160 (who wants to collect a new proc set every ten levels). After that, most aren't worth the time it takes to collect the materials
  • illusionarythade
    illusionarythade
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Always thought that the idea of researching sets would be a good way to get crafting going again.
    "Use nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power, and fear her fury."

.: Fehn-reil Bosmer Craftsman [AD] :. | .: Teiali Bosmer Warden Support [EP] :.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Equipment crafting needs the same kind of 1T upgrade that drop sets got.

To include some or all of:
    • Ability to craft jewels for the sets even if quality limited to purple. (All drops have jewel options)
    • Ability to up-scale pieces to higher level keeping quality. (new drops scale to you)
    • Ability to craft lower gear with higher mat, losing the lower cap on met levels. (Fits with scaled nodes)
    • Writs to ask for ONE item with a specific trait and style, but allow more items if you dont have trait/style. (cost effective change spreads resource cost over item types.)
    • Ability to change one of a set 2-3-4 pc bonus for another bonus of the same 2-3-4 pc type at time of crafting. (Allows for greater versatility without inventing new sets a plenty. Also can help some lesser sets.)
    • Drop the 10x mats cost for CP160 over Cp150. (CP 160 drops everywhere now... its no longer s special threshold thing anymore. if you are cp160 every drop set is cp 160 not nine 150 and one 160. So the need for cp160 crafting to be 10x is no longer relevant.)

Not all of these my own but i think they go a long way for forming a comprehensive 1T upgrade/rebalance of equip crafted.

One other idea i am mulling over - for equip writs have the writ ask for a piece-style and trait but allow the use to make it at ANY tier they want. then have the 25pc box of mats MATCH that tier if no survey comes up. that provides a fairly reliable way to get mats at whatever tier you want if you only have a few.

I am not a fan of just chasing the same dragon by trying to fix it by adding some more pre-defined sets here and there.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

This :smile:
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes crafting needs some love
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, I'd like my crafting skills to be more relevant other than going for the achievement, thank you.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    With a few minor exceptions, all drop sets have jewelry. If crafting is to stay relative, it too needs jewelry.
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Would love the changes :) Didn't wait months on end for all 9 traits just to get it handed to me on a wooden plate.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    jewellery crafting yes.... as a new skill.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Drop the 10x mats cost for CP160 over Cp150. (CP 160 drops everywhere now... its no longer s special threshold thing anymore. if you are cp160 every drop set is cp 160 not nine 150 and one 160. So the need for cp160 crafting to be 10x is no longer relevant.)

God yes, so much this ^
    I would love to try out several different builds I have been thinking about lately but actually gathering and implementing them is like a month long grind. As far as the writs go.. I have sadly been neglecting mine since Wrothgar release so I can't really state an opinion on them anymore.
    love is love
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes

This sums it up for me, crafting needs to be on par with dropped sets again and dropped sets need a restyle option.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • daswahnsinn
      daswahnsinn
      ✭✭✭
      Yes
      They need to make the stamina and magicka set pure stats. What I mean it if they are meant for stam remove the health and add regen or resource the same for magicka sets. Tank sets need to be more tanky in the since but I can't offer ideas since I haven't played a tank since 1.5.
      | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |
    • Wolfshead
      Wolfshead
      ✭✭✭✭
      Well if the add something like WoWs Transmogrification feature then most armor and weapon style atlest i think would use more.

I read post about it on forum here that someone want and well i was agains then but more i think about it honest make more since for the are some nice carft armor in this game which never well see light of day due simple fact that if we want we need carft 160 gear score have any use of it and honest farming 940 mats to just get full 160 gear score armor do take time farm and that not count weapons.
      If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
      What we do in life, echoes in eternity
    • azoriangaming
      azoriangaming
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      yeah it's a total joke how much time you've gotta put into to crafting and then they make most crafted sets useless
    • AlienSlof
      AlienSlof
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Yes

^ This. ^
      will_rob87 wrote: »
      Absolutely yes. Jewellery crafting defo needs to be included. I would not stop there however, there is a couple of other things that need to be included/improved:
      2. Bigger improvement between purple and gold
      3. Vastly improved and more variety of 7/8/9 trait sets (I think the lower level crafted sets r fine and don't need to/shouldn't compete with the proc sets, but there defo needs to be more variety of end game crafted sets which are on the same level as the procs
      4. Two handed weapons need to count as two item. This is a massive disadvantage at the moment

I'm sure there will be other improvements people can think of, these were just the ones I could think of at the time

^ And This. ^

I love crafting and it needs a good revamp in all these ways.

Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    • Jimbullbee85
      Jimbullbee85
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      I'm very surprised that craftable jewelary hasn't been implemented yet. I totally agree with the OP especially when players have went through the costly and laborious process of maxing out research. We need more incentive to craft. Perhaps jewelary crafting could be unlocked when all crafting skills are rank 50.

What about the idea of having a crafting center where players that can make gear could list what they can do and advertise how much their services are going for. Not everyone wants to craft ando will pay for others to do it for them. Especially if jewelary comes into play for advanced crafters.
      Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
    • MakoFore
      MakoFore
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      crafting should be much stronger than grinding sets- the perseverance and reward for researching traits should be superior to farming a location. i think Zos wanted to make things easier for the new player- hence the double xp bonus and the ability to quickly acquire set bonuses for newer players. u can be a noob and within a week be cp160 with a monster set, 5 piece red mountain and spriggans. for me to get to cp160 took ages and i remember wearing something dire like 2piece marksman, 3 piece leki + 2piece sithis and 2 piece endurance - a hodge podge of whatever i could get as a lowly solo player learning on my own. but it was fine because i had something to aim for and look forward to. there was a real sense of growth and progression , seeing my player get stronger and mobs get easier. now with levelling and all the new changes- i dont know.

i agree with all of what uve said PLUS i d like to see nirnohoned buffed again too. for one- its meant to be the mythic and best trait, but itsnt and secondly it would revive what is a dead area in craglorn -which also should be a haven for vets and experienced players to converge, do writs, group up for trials, etc and trade - as it once was.

they are aware of these things and actively do things to encourage areas- look at what theyre doing with orsinium this week- a clear attempt at pushing an area that has died down and to revive maelstrom. but imo there are other areas and industries that need more love and attention right now- in particular - crafting. it used to mean something to be a 9 trait crafter, now that I'm finally almost there- I'm at 8- it almost seems like a whole bunch of nothing . other than 2bs - there isn t much incentive when a spriggans or a leviathan can do almost or as well according to some number crunchers.