Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Really at a loss here

Alucardo
Alucardo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I've taken a break from ESO a few times, usually in periods of about a month because things got stale. A new update comes out, I play for a bit longer and I quickly get bored again. I think the only thing that kept me playing was the PVP in this game - it's undoubtedly the best I've ever played.
As many of you know, PVP has gone downhill, and it just gets worse and worse. Performance is terrible, balance is out of control with all the new sets and a few overperforming skills, and people barely want to go there any more.
I was on Haderus today, DC had emperor. EP took all the keeps while the emp was farming in IC. I messaged him, but he never replied. Nobody cares anymore. He just used his emp buff to kill off all the bosses in IC for tel var. Probably to make money, because making money in PVP is basically worthless. I have 15k to my name. I can't afford crap.
So because PVP is a bust, I decided to take my main character, who has been sitting on Undaunted 2 or 3 forever and managed to grind enough dungeons he is now 9. But, like, what do I do now? I feel like I have no purpose in ESO anymore. I don't like PVE, and the PVP I once loved is garbage.
Because of this, I find myself playing less and less each day. The other day I logged on for 10 minutes, picked up pledges, sighed and logged off for the rest of the day.
I don't have hope PVP will ever be fixed. I really don't - I used to, but not anymore. Once battlegrounds are released next year Cyrodiil will be dead as a doornail. But hey, at least performance will be sweet, and all the PVErs will finally have their free Cyrodiil to run and frollick in, while the PVPers beat each other up with heavy armor/S+B/proc builds. Should be a blast.
Lastly, I resent ZOS for taking such a great game and then dumping all over it.

giphy.gif
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I feel exactly the same truth be told
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup kinda feel the same way, doesn't help that I bought a VR headset and can't stop playing Elite Dangerous but still, I was running out of energy.
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet they force everyone who wants access to the skill trees to slog through it even though 95% of players have no interest in pvp.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bye?

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting to feel the same way if I am being honest. I log on a few nights a week to bang my head against VMOL HM, and once we get that, not sure what else to do. I have abandoned any attempt at PVP (it's a stam proc fest nightmare), and I have given up on VMA or any other gear grind. The RNG is just unacceptable. I have reached my upper limit of DPS based on my skills. I could push it theoretically a few K higher if I got the perfect drop out of VMA, but I will never grind that place again unless there is a proper loot system put in place. Some of the new gear has potential, but getting any weapon now is a nightmare. I have still never seen a sharpened infal staff drop in in any raid I have been a part of.

Edit: I havent even done writs in almost 10 days, and I have been doing them on multiple toons a day since they were launched. They just dont seem to be worth it.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on November 2, 2016 6:02PM
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't the next update a big balance one?

O that's right....its not right here right now... its because the game is about to die for the...... O I lost count...
    Edited by ThePaleItalian on November 2, 2016 6:05PM
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Luckily I do enjoy PvE too because PvP is either heavy wearing proc sets or destruction staff ultimate trains everywhere you look.

There's always been a 'meta' to PvP but I don't think it's been this dull since Magicka DK Vamp Impulse/Batswarm trains way back near launch and at least back then you could have 100 people in one place without crashing half of them out and softcaps mostly stopped anything being too OP.

PvE has at least got new dungeons and so on but even so it is increasingly hard to care about running even the harder content just to get yet another prosperous restoration staff that really doesn't fit with the set it dropped for.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I get bored I mostly just pick flowers.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disgusted, playing less and less, hate ZOS ?

I will be glad to ease your burden from sleepless nights because of the nasty people at ZOS.

Just send me your gold and mats then you wont be reminded of this awful game
    Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on November 2, 2016 6:08PM
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This specific game aside, the player lifecycle for online multiplayer games has grown shorter. Many reasons for this.

But when an otherwise demonstrably articulate person forgets he has an Enter key on his keyboard, all you can say really is, sorry you're so upset.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My recipe for boredom - creation of new character to use skills/abilities not yet tested on any earlier alts. That way e.g. I re-designed my dragonknight stamina into pure magicka, just to play with new skills. Same way for my healer/tank, trying to get most powerful sets, is now my goal, when I found questing/grinding boring. Even having 8 characters and CP548 I still didn't play some skills and many builds. So many interesting builds are awaiting to test...

The inability to find a proper gear on the first try is what I personally like in this game. If I had a chance to find everything quickly, my overall fun from playing eso would be spoiled even faster and I would be bored quickly after all items are found. The amount of items that are not worth single gold and the need to play more and more to find that one single pearl in a ton of trash - that is also a nice mechanics in this mmo and good goal for next weeks.

Also trading is a good part of eso. I was a subscriber only 30 days, nonetheless I gathered 8 fully CP160 geared up characters and over 1,2 milion gold in bank, with probably another half a milion gold in hundreds of stored items. Yes, for some people 1 milion gold is probably nothing, but for me it means a lot. Personally I'm proud I managed to achieve my goals and I still have a few goals ahead of me.

I could also say this game is boring. In fact the main stories are boring, mostly because they do't give much, neither interesting items nor any deeper fun, once we know how they end. No diversity in main quest lines is something that can kill the game, but this one offers much more and it's content grows in each patch. I personally like the way of this growth - not only sub content but general too. And actually the new sets... something new to test and feel new effects i.e even more fun.
    And I hate pvp and only play pve solo or - prefer predictible situations :).
    So, let's keep looking for goals, all the time :).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well said. It's a sad time for pvpers who enjoy skilled gameplay.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alucardo I apologize to know you feel so displeased with the current state of the game, but in a sense — I warned tons of people on these very forums that this would happen.

I originally said I was done posting on these forums, but I suppose this thread warranted a response of sorts from me. You see... I made a few threads talking about the direction PvP was taking, and why it was I quit giving a damn about it and it's sub-community. And I was mocked. I was told often things ranging from: "Git gud." "L2p." "L2Adapt." "Stop whining all the time." And so on. I was told how I was a carebear and defender of carebears, and how PvP is will forever flourish and it's "doom-and-gloomers" like myself which give PvP and ESO overall a bad name...

Well... Months later it comes to light that damn near everything I predicted and said about PvP was not only true, BUT also growing far worse with each update. And the same people who: Belittled, mocked, and spoke ill of me? Are the same ones who I see in thread after thread like these saying, "PvP is dead." "PvP takes no skill." "I'm tired of the cheesy builds and exploits running rampant." "ZOS doesn't care about PvP." And other things of that nature. Literally. The same exact people who were having a ball calling themselves kicking dirt at me for my comments about the element of PvP in this game, are the same folks whining nowadays in abundance and saying how they quit PvP. Funny how things resolve in time, right?

And you don't have to take my word for it. Just check some of my threads based on PvP I made a while back, and see the replies it generated. Lol.

But anyway, some advice for you. Abandon ship now and move on to either: 1. Another game primarily (what I did and barely play ESO). 2. Strictly PvE (what I did). Or... Get with the cheese, and go along to get along with the people who will defend PvP regardless of its horrible state. Agree with the people who say to adapt, and not take the game so seriously. Lol. Follow what they say of you need to "learn2play", regardless of how much you enjoy something.

Though of course the whole point of playing a game is entertainment, yes...? Whether it is to playing to win, or playing "casually" — you play a game to have "fun". Are you not entertained, and in bliss with the 'wonderful' state PvP is in and is racing towards....? Because if you're not, why are you intentionally giving chance after chance to not only a game that makes you unhappy and or bored — but a sub-community that you are displeased with? Makes no sense to me.
  • Belicourt
    Belicourt
    ✭✭✭
    @Alucardo
    Im sure a lot of people will see this as a rage this or that post, but i feel the exact same way. Having fun and progression in pvp are not linked. To progress in pvp you have to do too much to end up maybe having fun when youve gotten where you want to go.

Meanwhile the balance of classes and sets in pvp are not helping. Ive too often described this game as having more potential than any other game/mmo that ive ever seen, yet it fails miserably.

In summary i have hope but am just mostly sad...

I feel you OP.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a running theme today with players . Breaks are good . You wouldn't eat pizza every night for dinner or pizza would not taste as good . Same with games . Your complaints are the same as many PvP players . We do need Wrobel to work as hard as Wheeler to make PvP great . Explore other games and check back after a update my friend and be happy .
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OP I can understsnd what you're saying, guild mates feel the same way and we're on console.

I'm still farming and trying out different builds so I'm not there, yet.

Contemplating picking up BF1 for *** and grins.

Also, the gif, perfect!
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds will not fix the issues this game has with pvp. A 4v4 against two malubeth\reactive\trans templars and two proctatos will be just as anyoying in a battleground as it is in Cyrodiil\IC.
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Bad_Company
    Bad_Company
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even though it may be hard given the current PVP meta, my piece of advice is to try and find a way to counter proc builds. If you do manage to get this done, you'll enjoy PVP again. Even more than proc build players.
    My characters (EU PC):
    Leopardo Di-Caprio (Khajiit Templar) || Matthew Makehoney (Altmer Sorcerer) || Luck-Luster Burt (Redguard Dragonknight)
    Clint Histwood (Argonian Templar) || Martin Uber Ping (Redguard Sorcerer) || Louis Farmstrong (Imperial Nightblade)
    Anthony Hotskins (Altmer Nightblade)

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've started doing activity/achievement theme months for my roster. October was witches festival, November is black market mogul, December is New Life, January will be fishing.

Endgame for me now is just acting out the daily life of a character. Some fight, some collect, some just watch the world around them happening. There's not a lot of global momentum right now, so it's fun to just enjoy being in the moment.

Because one day it will all be gone anyway.
    signing off
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rohamad_Ali Speaks truth. I quit ESO after reaching the phase of only doing PvE after being so disgusted with PvP for months, and I'm overall a way happier person. I'm having a ball playing Skyrim all over again, as well as some of my favorites like Witcher 3 and GTA:Online. I also got involved with racing games again, and dude the amount of peace and enjoyment I have now whenever I play a game has skyrocketed.

Like I said in my initial response to this thread, abandon ship. There's no reason to force yourself to sit and do something that you feel is unrewarding and displeasing. Sounds crazy coming from the same guy who forced himself to sit through what seemed to be day after day of VMA, while also making post after post and comment after comment of how bs it was. Lol. I know. But ole' Champ got some peace and wisdom in his life, bruh-bruh.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I get bored I mostly just pick flowers.

That's funny...more than a few times I've been riding my horse to go battle at a keep and I'll just keep riding past it and head towards the borders of the cyro map to do a little exploring and some farming (still a bunch of places on the map I haven't seen yet, or haven't visited in a long time)...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to MMOs?

I mean if you don't expect this then why play? This is the point behind alts, or finding other play styles. Eventually if you have the time to play as much as you want you will see everything, do essentially everything and collect anything that you wanted.

Don't complain about it, it's not going to change, they will never be able to push content fast enough (that wouldn't be broken beyond belief) to keep people satisified.
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I've taken a break from ESO a few times, usually in periods of about a month because things got stale. A new update comes out, I play for a bit longer and I quickly get bored again. I think the only thing that kept me playing was the PVP in this game - it's undoubtedly the best I've ever played.
    As many of you know, PVP has gone downhill, and it just gets worse and worse. Performance is terrible, balance is out of control with all the new sets and a few overperforming skills, and people barely want to go there any more.
    I was on Haderus today, DC had emperor. EP took all the keeps while the emp was farming in IC. I messaged him, but he never replied. Nobody cares anymore. He just used his emp buff to kill off all the bosses in IC for tel var. Probably to make money, because making money in PVP is basically worthless. I have 15k to my name. I can't afford crap.
    So because PVP is a bust, I decided to take my main character, who has been sitting on Undaunted 2 or 3 forever and managed to grind enough dungeons he is now 9. But, like, what do I do now? I feel like I have no purpose in ESO anymore. I don't like PVE, and the PVP I once loved is garbage.
    Because of this, I find myself playing less and less each day. The other day I logged on for 10 minutes, picked up pledges, sighed and logged off for the rest of the day.
    I don't have hope PVP will ever be fixed. I really don't - I used to, but not anymore. Once battlegrounds are released next year Cyrodiil will be dead as a doornail. But hey, at least performance will be sweet, and all the PVErs will finally have their free Cyrodiil to run and frollick in, while the PVPers beat each other up with heavy armor/S+B/proc builds. Should be a blast.
    Lastly, I resent ZOS for taking such a great game and then dumping all over it.

giphy.gif

you put exactly how i feel about eso
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nothing lasts forever...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing eso now for 16 months, by far the longest period of time I've ever invested in any game...

even a great ride eventually comes to an end...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭
    I still like playing but I know how you all feel. I was a PvP junkie and I finally think I'm on the path of getting clean. The proc sets have polluted PvP and don't get me started on the radiant destruction spam that still seems like its a thing. I have tried new builds but I don't care for the new mentality of PvP.

I have recently started to do dungeons and some pug trials and having a blast. Since the last time I did pve it was version 1.5 and I was a tank. Now I DPS and have improved my single target up another 10k. I didn't have anything special or high but now I don't have to be carried and can do some speed runs. This has be fun for me and I hope it doesn't end but we all know it can and will.

Like champ said, you should play other games and try not to get burned out by just playing one. If I'm not gaming I'm learning Cisco or some sort of sciences that sound fun to me. You just got to brake the routine.
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain, man. Sometimes you log in and just stare at the character screen, if you're like me. That or you meander around the capital city a bit trying to figure out what to do.

For me, the fix was pretty simple. I stopped hugging the meta in favor of trying to create fun. The time I spend with friends also helps quite a bit, as they breathe life into the game.

So, my suggestion to you is to romp around on some thing new. Master a new class, try a new build (going home to work on a ranged stam toon bosmer archer for funsies). Hang out with friends. Worst case? Take a few days with absolutely zero playtime. Wait until you actually want to log in.

Best of luck.
  • That Darn Argonian
    Every so often I switch it up, really had fun during the XP buff Witches Festival as I decided on a whim to level dual wielding to 50.

Spending no skill points in it, using all my templar skills, just happen to be holding two daggers!

Levelled that to 50 then switched to Destruction Staff, got that to 26 before the festival ended.

Have you tried using a different playstyle on a much-loved character?
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One thing I learned from the many MMOs I've played in years past is grind = burnout, the faster you achieve the meta = the faster you'll get burned out. It's fun for a while but for how long until you get sick of it? Everyone has a different breaking point. I reached mine a long time ago and, while I still play these kinds of games, I mostly just enjoy the journey and smell the roses along the way these days.

Quitting the hardcore scene has improved my MMO experience. I think there's a fairly large group of former hardcore raiders, former hardcore PvPers out there that still enjoy the environment or still enjoy the mechanics of MMOs but are no longer hardcore and are casual now. Nothing wrong with taking your foot off the peddle and becoming a filthy casual if that still gives you some enjoyment.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to MMOs?

I mean if you don't expect this then why play? This is the point behind alts, or finding other play styles. Eventually if you have the time to play as much as you want you will see everything, do essentially everything and collect anything that you wanted.

Don't complain about it, it's not going to change, they will never be able to push content fast enough (that wouldn't be broken beyond belief) to keep people satisified.

But this isnt about them not pushing content faster, its PVP, we dont need content. We need them to stop effing it up. We need them to recognize this last batch of sets they put in is ruining the only content we get. We need them to put some actual effort into fixing what they broke.

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte