The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dat Destro Ulti ....

• Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Destro Ultimate damage is completely over the top. This is evidenced by how much it's used by all the tryhard AoE blobs who do nothing but wait for it to be charged and then just randonly run around only to get instantly wiped once the Ultimate is no longer active.

It also has serious clipping issues where it will hit you through walls and floors, but that seems to be a common theme for stuff added in the latest update.

You know what this is the perfect counter to the stam blob proc builds. Leave it alone.
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    High player, I'd like to introduce Ms. Spinner.

Impen is PVP is a must.

If you are running less that 14k spell resist you may as well play naked.

If you are running max mit 33k resists that would have been roughly 23k damage.

Purge is your friend. Elemental Drain = 5k more spell pen pay attention to what is happening to you.

Impenetrable is useless against the Destro Ultimate you can be hardcapped on impen/spell resist you'll anyway get at least a 5k tick each second.That's why I'm considering to go full *** Shadow/Divines for even more damage cause using Impen in 5 light means death anyway.

5 Spinner's/5 Vicious Death/2 Grothdarr and Shadow/Atronach Mundus is the meta for every bomber this patch.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    "Get out of it" is great advice vs players who dont have gap closers... which is just about nobody. :)

I also really cant tell the difference between a friendly and enemy Eye of the Storm. Not sure if that's just a L2P issue. At the moment the only indicator I really have in the heat of combat is whether I start melting or not, which is often too late.

Yeah it should be telegraphed.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Destro Ultimate damage is completely over the top. This is evidenced by how much it's used by all the tryhard AoE blobs who do nothing but wait for it to be charged and then just randonly run around only to get instantly wiped once the Ultimate is no longer active.

It also has serious clipping issues where it will hit you through walls and floors, but that seems to be a common theme for stuff added in the latest update.

You know what this is the perfect counter to the stam blob proc builds. Leave it alone.

With such a reasoning we may as well just give up on any balance.
    Adding broken crap to balance out the other broken crap is no solution.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So funny how people are giving op advice on stuff like she's a noob.

Buff your spell resistance! Wear impen!

It's really strong in dueling too. If grothdrarr procs with it, good night.
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    The biggest issue I have with the ultimate is that it lacks counter play of any kind. The stupid damage itself wouldn't be an issue if there was a semi reliable way to mitigate\negate it beyond simply trying to escape the radius or heal\shield through it, and that goes for group v group and smallscale.
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EOTS, like Dawnbreaker, like all the proc sets is just another in the line of OP stuff.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

•  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    High player, I'd like to introduce Ms. Spinner.

Impen is PVP is a must.

If you are running less that 14k spell resist you may as well play naked.

If you are running max mit 33k resists that would have been roughly 23k damage.

Purge is your friend. Elemental Drain = 5k more spell pen pay attention to what is happening to you.

I wear 5 heavy 1 medium 1 light. I have 5 impen. I have approximately 23-24k spell resist buffed.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just logg a Healthplar and Blaze away, they will melt!
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever

• Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just logg a Healthplar and Blaze away, they will melt!

And then you realise that Blazing Shield range is 50% of Eye of the Storm range :)
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Pathfinder
    Pathfinder
    ✭✭✭
    In XvX is will always be hard to avoid any of the AOEs, but in 1v1 I just use a root and/or knock back. I run flame clench with destro/restro to keep people off me (javelin works too) and I am thinking of going flame destro/frost destro to get ice clench for the immobilize.
    Edited by Pathfinder on October 27, 2016 12:39PM
    Main
    Malfahri del Sol Imperial Templar (stamplar *new respec) PC/NA/Trueflame
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt make it easier to avoid when ppl exploit it and u cant see it either.
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that's crazy, the highest I've been hit with EOTS was about 15k.

(PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think they should decrease the damage per tick by 25% so it's 1.5x a batswarm tick instead of double. Maybe adjust duration by 1 sec to compensate. At least then it's less bursty and easier to heal through.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like mag DK got overbuffed with this ult. Time to nerf magDK back in place. And magplars.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Looks like mag DK got overbuffed with this ult. Time to nerf magDK back in place. And magplars.

Nerf Orcs.

:trollface:
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Destro ulti should be blockable.

Because your right mouse button should counter everything?

No kids, you're going to have to reach up and hit a button. The one with the gap closer. Or maybe dodge roll out real quick. Whatever.

Can we make dawnbreaker this easy to get out of? Maybe add a two second telegraph to it and a big red circle?
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

No kids, you're going to have to reach up and hit a button. The one with the gap closer. Or maybe dodge roll out real quick. Whatever.

Can we make dawnbreaker this easy to get out of? Maybe add a two second telegraph to it and a big red circle?

Not sure if serious
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love all the people acting like this ult sucks or is easy to get out of, lmao.

I routinely hit people for 30K+ single target using EoTS with a build that has almost no base damage.

Game is rekt, but community is rekt beyond repair.
    Edited by OdinForge on October 27, 2016 1:30PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not sure if serious

He is not serious, I am pretty sure that he just found how OP is the ultimate and wants to get some easy kills.
    Stamina i way better than magicka but giving the magicka users a nuclear bomb will not solve the balance issues.
    Because I can!
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

giphy.gif
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Aerem
    Aerem
    ✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    50k.png

Well.....

This tends to happen when you are a vamp... 25% extra fire damage is no joke. I like how no has pointed that out.

If I can survive those ults on my vamp light armor mag dk, then it is possible to survive them on a heavy armor templar.

CC's and walk away, 17k BOL and roots, and snares are your friend, and mist form.

Is the ult strong? Absolutely. Is it OP? Probably. Does it have no counters? Absolutely not.

#mDK Masterrace
    #NerfDragonblood
    #NerfmDK

Aerem Incendium l mDK
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, the potency of this ult is a temporary solution to Stamina/Magicka imbalance. I don't think it should be nerfed until balance is overhauled again. Let Magicka players have their cheese too.

But then again, I'm so repulsed by pvp, I've played 2.6 for only one night and barely once a week before it.

Wrobel cheese for all!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does my destro ultimate not work like this lol

Because most of the time people will move out of the AoE and not take full damage.

It sounds like what is being called for here is for Eye of the Storm to be yet another underwhelming 250 cost ultimate that is usually impractical to use and requires specific circumstances like Nova. And they want to attach such a niche ultimate to a weapon that is itself underwhelming.

The main "problem" with this ultimate is that it costs 250 and thus has to have a high level of power. So, yes, it's going to do a lot of damage otherwise it won't get used ... especially since the only thing this does is damage. Yeah, if a PM raid all uses this and drops 6000 ultimate points (24*250), you are going to melt. Bur then again I melt is I get hit by mutliple 125 cost Dawnbreakers.

Those very few who actually predicted this ultimate would be very strong - and let's not kid ourselves as a community: the vast majority told Wrobel it was underwhelming even after it got buff and people still got the nerve to blame him - have yourself a cookie. But I will point out that I and numerous other people would have *much* preferred a less expensive ultimate that would help burst a target down, which would have created an incentive to use a destruction staff, but less apt to be abused by raids running it.

Edited by Joy_Division on October 27, 2016 2:04PM
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use mist form, Luke
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's probably not practical from a balance standpoint, but it kinda makes sense that a vampire standing in a fire tornado would have a bad time.
    Edited by timidobserver on October 27, 2016 2:22PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if serious

Until they nerf proc sets? Dead serious. Too bad viper/velidreth/Red Mountain/widow don't leave a red circle I can walk out of too.

Seriously. I haven't died to this once. Are people not paying attention?

Does it not matter that you can dawnbreaker twice before someone can do this once? Does it not matter that AOE caps prevent more than half a dozen people from taking damage from it no matter how big the circle is? Does it not matter that the red circle is down for two full seconds before it fires off?

The only 'cheese' I can see is eye of the storm, the morph that doesn't last as long and follows the caster. An AOE ult with that much damage shouldn't move.
    Edited by Minalan on October 27, 2016 2:32PM
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    I love all the people acting like this ult sucks or is easy to get out of, lmao.

I routinely hit people for 30K+ single target using EoTS with a build that has almost no base damage.

Game is rekt, but community is rekt beyond repair.

The nature of the world is that sometimes people disagree, because we consider ourselves modern humans and not monsters we discuss it rather than killing each other. Disagreeing doesn't make the community a bad one, disagreeing is a good thing.

Claiming it sucks is no worse than pretending it can't be shaded/misted/bow sprinted/or even Ambushed/gap close to another nearby target (which I did a few days ago which I felt kinda cool about) out of. It helps that there seems to be a short gap between seeing it and actually taking damage.

It's still easier to deal with than 3 procs going off in your face. The most memorable death I've had to EotS was when it was invisible for some reason.
    Edited by CapuchinSeven on October 27, 2016 2:46PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should decrease the damage per tick by 25% so it's 1.5x a batswarm tick instead of double. Maybe adjust duration by 1 sec to compensate. At least then it's less bursty and easier to heal through.

See, the problem is, with it just doing damage, bats starts to become better if they reduce the damage significantly.

I'm not saying its too strong, I'm saying its a poorly thought out ultimate because when all you give is aoe damage in an ultimate you have to give a ton of it to make it viable. Wish they'd have just fixed invis bats and made both morphs of this ranged GTAoE. Then we'd have the same number of viable pbaoe ultis and 1 more ranged one to play with
  • Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried learning to play?