The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Plunder skull Achievement BUG

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just picked up my 5th Plunder Skull at a dolmen today and none of them have counted towards my collection total.

read above. its broken it will be fixed next week and they are extending the event by one week to allow people to finish the achievements. I don't think its that they are not bothering, but rather I'm guessing it would require taking the game down again for several hours more, and they would rather do it with the rest of the maintenance/patching.

the way I see it - extra week of double xp to get some leveling done.
    Edited by Linaleah on October 26, 2016 2:22AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • sheggorathb16_ESO
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    Well, some good news if you guys don't already know. They are extending the event by another week.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/300030/update-on-witches-festival-achievements-for-pc#latest

Oddly I've been reloading the Dev Tracker page all day and nothing after Gina's 9:18 a.m. (Pacific Time) post showed until after I clicked that link and read the announcement through your quote (now at 6:20 p.m.). Then all the sudden it shows on Dev Tracker.... things are really odd here.

And yes, they're extending it by a week because they won't bother fixing it until Monday...

That is pretty weird... I don't know, it seems to me like the whole ESO system is slowly shifting in Sheogorath's realm. It really doesn't make sense, but don't get me wrong, I love the Shivering Isles.

Nope, this is stranger than anything in my, *ahem* his realm. You should try visiting the Isles in spring then, its simply lovely at that time of year... Though your stay (much like this bug), may last a lot longer than you planned...
    ... ҉ ⚝ ⚛ The one and only ⚡ᚺεǥϑ☉ᚱꜽ♰ϗ, whoever I am, I'm ȿℌͼℊƍ◎ℛ⎃ᛏ♄ the skooma cat. ⚛⚝.. ҉..
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    Well, some good news if you guys don't already know. They are extending the event by another week.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/300030/update-on-witches-festival-achievements-for-pc#latest

Oddly I've been reloading the Dev Tracker page all day and nothing after Gina's 9:18 a.m. (Pacific Time) post showed until after I clicked that link and read the announcement through your quote (now at 6:20 p.m.). Then all the sudden it shows on Dev Tracker.... things are really odd here.

And yes, they're extending it by a week because they won't bother fixing it until Monday...

That is pretty weird... I don't know, it seems to me like the whole ESO system is slowly shifting in Sheogorath's realm. It really doesn't make sense, but don't get me wrong, I love the Shivering Isles.

Exact same thing happened to me.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • malchior
    malchior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another day, another lie, another issue ignored. When will this stop?
  • Juponen
    Juponen
    ✭✭✭
    I can't help wondering how they again manage to break a thing that works. Latest patch notes didn't include anything that could be viewed as having a connection to plunder skulls.

I suspect they ninja patch things and never tell, likely some exploits.
  • Esutick
    Esutick
    ✭✭
    Still not fixed :(
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *STILL* no fix on this.

I work in IT and I'd be fired if I worked like this.
  • Sou_rou
    Sou_rou
    ✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »
    *STILL* no fix on this.

I work in IT and I'd be fired if I worked like this.

Based on Gina's description in this thread, (EDIT: linked in a post 30 minutes before yours!) it sounds the hotfix either didn't work, caused other issues, affected more than they expected originally so required a server-down or both. ZOS is providing reasonable compensation by extending the event, even though they have no legal requirement to do so. Be happy. They chose to wait until the next scheduled maintenance rather than take another outage. Be happy.

The issue is important to many people, but doesn't prevent us from playing the game. It's unpleasant, but minor in the grand scheme of things except for completionists like me. ZOS's extension makes sense and resolves my completionist angst. Be happy they're going to fix it and give us extra time to get the achievements.

Regarding "I'd be fired": I've seen teams make insanely bad choices (kids fresh out of high school wouldn't do this kind of stuff) in multiple systems and hang around for 2 years before someone replaced them--not for their mistakes, but because the accountants and supply chain team found a better deal with a different contracting company. If your employer has better accountability practices, be happy.

Also regarding "I'd be fired": Based on your opinion of ZOS's developers and yourself, go work for ZOS. You'll have job security and be able to fix the issues.

Edited by Sou_rou on October 26, 2016 2:54PM
    It's easy to win forgiveness for being wrong; being right is what gets you into real trouble -- Bjarne Stroustrup

• Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »

news flash, you get skuls, you get items from skulls, and you would have to be killing like 1 boss an hour if you cannot get achievement in 2 weeks of holiday event.

Newsflash, some people want this title for more than one character.

• leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this thread required anymore? A moderator should lock it, if all people plan to do now is complain about the company. We've all made our point, we all shared our thoughts on how they need to improve management, communication and contacting community, but the issue is going to be resolved Monday 31st and we're receiving an extra week of the event. No more need to bash for the sake of bashing.
    Edited by leothedino on October 26, 2016 3:09PM
  • olle.linuxeb17_ESO
    I'm here to drop one more "skull's couinter doesn't work" :(

Don't blame anyone, just would like to know when this is gonna be fixed?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm here to drop one more "skull's couinter doesn't work" :(

Don't blame anyone, just would like to know when this is gonna be fixed?

Same here :( I have 50 skulls so far and achievement is stuck at 50, no matter how many skull I collect. I would like to know if I have any chances getting this achievement done...

They say that they will hot-fix it next monday (31). And extend the even by a week (till 8 November).
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/300030/update-on-witches-festival-achievements-for-pc/p1

Lets just hope this time it is true...
  • starbuck1771b14_ESO
    I have looted at least 60 skulls yet my achievement has never updated I never got the achievement for first skull looted or the 50 skulls tier. I should be well into tier 3 all the other achievements work just not this one. Please fix this bug.
  • Scootter
    Scootter
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering does this actually effect everyone or does it work for some?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I suppose I will not be able to get this achievement until the event ends very soon.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • genericroleplayer92
    Dropping the obligatory "counter won't update with skulls total here as well~" comment
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still not fixed? Will we even have a chance to complete before the end of the event?
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Okay, I suppose I will not be able to get this achievement until the event ends very soon.
    Still not fixed? Will we even have a chance to complete before the end of the event?

Event will last 1 week longer due to the bug problems
    Edited by Juhasow on October 27, 2016 2:48PM
  • Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, they're working on it and the event is going to be extended to compensate - seriously, read the post that was already linked: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/300030/update-on-witches-festival-achievements-for-pc/p1
    More of me on the 'Net: Julia Grammer
  • olle.linuxeb17_ESO
    That's cool the eso guys are going to fix it and extend the event :)
  • Dracconis42
    Dracconis42
    ✭✭
    Interesting how this is only a bug for the PC!!!!
  • Dracconis42
    Dracconis42
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the slow slow FPS and the high Ping are also only an issue for the PC???
    Edited by Dracconis42 on October 28, 2016 1:27AM
  • Dracconis42
    Dracconis42
    ✭✭
    While farming mats I have also noticed quite a few players moving at 50% faster mount and run speed than I can get on my Pc char with all the speed enhancements I have in the game. Could they be console or Mac players with some sort of advantage???
    Edited by Dracconis42 on October 28, 2016 1:31AM
  • Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭
    While farming mats I have also noticed quite a few players moving at 50% faster mount and run speed than I can get on my Pc char with all the speed enhancements I have in the game. Could they be console or Mac players with some sort of advantage???

Um that's kinda off topic but there are possibly a few reasons for that I can think of:
    They have the champion point passives that enhance movement/mount speed and you don't.
    They have Rapid Maneuver from the Alliance War skill lines and you don't.
    They have other class/weapon/armor skill line passives that you don't that enhance speed in some way.
    They have all their riding passives maxed and you don't.

Console players don't share the same servers as us so I have no idea where you're getting that notion, unless I misunderstood you.

Edited by Xeroxed on October 28, 2016 11:20PM
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    still no fix - seriously a joke how they can't get even something a simple as implementing a counter right
  • Creohan
    Creohan
    Soul Shriven
    The problem is still here...
  • Didz
    Didz
    ✭✭
    I have all eight of my characters with full achievements except Plunder Skull Fanatic and the final An Unsparing Harvest title.

Nothing more I can do now until the skull count is fixed then I have about 900 skulls to collect. Any news on when the patch is likely to happen?
  • Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭
    Didz wrote: »
    I have all eight of my characters with full achievements except Plunder Skull Fanatic and the final An Unsparing Harvest title.

Nothing more I can do now until the skull count is fixed then I have about 900 skulls to collect. Any news on when the patch is likely to happen?

We've already linked the post from Gina on that a couple times here at least - READ people.
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged in today after not playing much all week due to work and the plunder skulls are as expected not registering for me. I am away tonight on work again so it looks like I am stuffed if the patch does not drop until tomorrow. :(

Edited by TheTwistedRune on October 30, 2016 10:40AM