The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Plunder skull Achievement BUG

• AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neurosis84 wrote: »
    Seriously ? I have farm for NOTHING ? Omg... I have farm all my nigth, i have think is only a stupid display bug, but no i have farm for nothing... :(

I imagine a lot of people like me farm right now for nothing and have absolut no information about that :/

(sorry for my poor english)

news flash, you get skuls, you get items from skulls, and you would have to be killing like 1 boss an hour if you cannot get achievement in 2 weeks of holiday event.
    Okay, seriously ZoS.. You guys need to extend this event for another week. It's only fair with all the huge issues and major downtimes this month. Now we can't even finish an achievement that's only available for this particular event because of a recent hot fix?

if you cannot finish achievement in 2 weeks that they gave, sry you got problems.
    Xeroxed wrote: »
    Spent pretty much my entire evening working towards the achievement without checking the progress, only to find it was exactly where it was when I started the day. Probably would've had my title by now too as I started with 88 of 100 skulls but yeah I was cruising on autopilot using it as an excuse to do WBs, dolmens, delves, etc I hadn't done so I hadn't really thought about it till later in my day. GG Zeni, slipping in bugs that seemingly have nothing to do with the systems involved in the ones you fixed. Rather disappointing. :P

bugs happen get over it, issue isn't if there is a bug only if the same bug persists for long periods of time, i.e. 6 months of random game crashing on both 32 and 64 bit client.
    This is bulls...t!

Of course you can reward retroactively, or at you least you should, through logs of players' actions you query User IDs eligible and run a database update using those IDs as conditional.

If you can't traverse and manipulate data in such way I'm terrified of your overall code niw.

they don't need to retroactive anything. it doesn't take long to get achievement and you still have appr 5-6 days of event. (I almost got 8 toons done with achievement.)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Ok guys, we've identified where the issue is and plan to hotfix it tomorrow morning. This is only an issue on PC; console is not affected. Unfortunately, we won't be able to retroactively grant progress toward the Plunder Skull achievement for any skulls gained between now and tomorrow, so please keep this in mind as you continue to play.

Can we stock pile skulls and not use them ?
    Or does the count happen as soon as we get them issued to us ?
    No sure if you are still at work there.

It's right as you receive a Skull. Sorry. :(

:(
    Ok... thanks for checking.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    XD been farming for hours and just noticed I was still at 53 skulls.While I'm not overly upset because I got my mask(s) and I completed everything on my main, I feel like I wasted most of the day farming the achievement on my alt.
    I really hope you let the event go on a few extra days.
    Edited by Blutengel on October 25, 2016 10:03AM
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • DrHarmful
    DrHarmful
    ✭✭✭
    Ok guys, we've identified where the issue is and plan to hotfix it tomorrow morning. This is only an issue on PC; console is not affected. Unfortunately, we won't be able to retroactively grant progress toward the Plunder Skull achievement for any skulls gained between now and tomorrow, so please keep this in mind as you continue to play.

Any idea what the ETA for this patch is?

I read the forums yesterday and saw this issue, now it's tomorrow and it's still not fixed.

Just curious as I'm putting off doing my dailies until this is working.
  • Seraphaile
    Seraphaile
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah can we get a confirmation on this thread when the hotfix has hotly fixed this problem please
  • Bloodsip
    Bloodsip
    ✭✭
    Is this done yet?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodsip wrote: »
    Is this done yet?

Nope. @ZOS_KaiSchober said on the german forum that this would be hotfixed (no downtime required) at 3pm (BST) today. That's 4pm Paris/Berlin time. Roughly 2 hours from now.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on October 25, 2016 12:09PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Seems like you all have a very poor QA or development staff. You've only succeeded in ruining your first big holiday event.

I wouldn't say that they have ruined the event. This is more of a glitch, and hopefully one that they will fix... today... and correctly... in one attempt.

I am not sure what is going on with QA there. Lack of manpower? Too much game for the assigned resources to test? Too much confidence in a process that is not that reliable? For a while, it looked like they had a handle on things. Something has changed. Whatever it is, ZOS might want to consider changing it back.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this done yet?

Nope. @ZOS_KaiSchober said on the german forum that this would be hotfixed (no downtime required) at 3pm (BST) today. That's 4pm Paris/Berlin time. Roughly 2 hours from now.

Thanks for that. Shame zeni can't put a banner at the top of the forums, but at least there are folks like you who will post stuff from the German forums for the rest of us to have the info, thanks :)
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this done yet?

Any guesses as to what this hotfix will break?
    Give 'er eh!
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has this fix been implemented yet?
  • Bronan026
    Bronan026
    ✭✭✭
    So, let me get this straight. Skulls wont tally up until the hotfix and we are told that skulls earned will not be counted until after the hotfix?

So, the hours I have put in getting the skulls so far before I notice they aren't counting up was just a waste of my ****ing time!

What a joke, and you wonder why so many of us are cancelling our subs? Not exactly respecting the customers lately are you? But then, with the new wave of players spending their money, it isn't much of a loss for ZOS now is it.

Enough is enough! As players/customers, we all need to get together and take ZOS to task over this. ZOS are laughing at us and like plums, we are just letting them do it!
  • Bronan026
    Bronan026
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to add, if any players are feeling as I do, please message me. It is about time we stood up for ourselves.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ganzaeso wrote: »
    Has this fix been implemented yet?
    Can't you read ???
    Heh.
    So, on a different subject, has this fix been implemented yet? :trollface:

I know. But, I mean, it's not like this topic has 20+ pages where a specific info is hard to find...
    Hopefully Gina or Jessica will pop in here and post something when they do the hotfix. Kai only does EU players.
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Shame zeni can't put a banner at the top of the forums, but at least there are folks like you who will post stuff from the German forums for the rest of us to have the info, thanks :)

You're welcome. But that states yet another problem (which isn't actually new).
    Kai doesn't "do EU players", Kai does "german-speaking players". English-speaking players (the majority, I assume) have US-based community managers, which implies that they're absent half of the day every day because of time zones. French speaking players have simply noone. Japanese speaking players never had anyone.
    Kai seems very reluctant (or is prevented from...) to post on the english speaking forum. Not sure what organisational or human trouble is going on here.
    Wouldn't matter is the multilanguage thing was an extra option. But it isn't. The game is officially released in 4 fully localized versions, which implies "community treatment" in 4 different languages, taking into account the various time zones of those audiences.
    Doesn't look like a hard thing to organize. Since I don't know of what else community managers are in charge of at ZOS, I'll refrain from criticizing specific people, but the result is, unfortunately, a poor quality community management.

• ohmygodie
    ohmygodie
    ✭✭
    Another issue with the event achievements, more specifically the motif/chapter books.

On PS4, i read the last book i was missing for the achievement (swords motif), clearly saw the notification saying something along the lines of "new motif learned", but no achievement.
    And journal tracker does not show the swords motifs as learned.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Is that a known issue ?

Thanks.
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    so as we basically lost 24 hours of the event ... will zos be extending the event as they *** the pooch on this
  • Akevoriath
    Akevoriath
    ✭✭✭
    Is it fixed yet?
  • Bronan026
    Bronan026
    ✭✭✭
    so as we basically lost 24 hours of the event ... will zos be extending the event as they *** the pooch on this

Yes, the very day that pigs sprout wings and fly.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks too cause I just started WF on another char and needed this time to catch up. I have only just so much time to play. Was hoping to get the achievement/title. Not a huge thing but a just a little disappointed it's not gonna happen. Oh well, I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure I'll live thru this. :wink:
    Give 'er eh!
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Next time there's an event like this, I'll play straight through on one character to get the achievement instead of playing several assuming I'll have time to finish the achievement on all of them. I sure feel dumb, I should know better by now than to expect things to work correctly after a patch.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , any news on this? I was away and i've only just come back with a few days before the event finishes. I am an absolute achievement wh*re, and the panick is on to complete this... and I can't. Please help, please.
  • Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    bugs happen get over it, issue isn't if there is a bug only if the same bug persists for long periods of time, i.e. 6 months of random game crashing on both 32 and 64 bit client.

Son, I am NOT the person you want to lecture about bugs happening because I am well aware of that. XD But them managing to break seemingly unrelated systems during a limited time event stretches the limits of my imagination as someone who has a slightly better than layman's understanding of these issues as I've tinkered with coding and art and even QA testing. They need a fire under their arse so that they do their jobs, even if they mostly do well for what they have to deal with. I don't hate on ZOS JUST to hate. :3
    More of me on the 'Net: Julia Grammer
  • Malyck
    Malyck
    ✭✭✭
    This is still not fixed, any ETA on when it will fixed?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Thanks!
    Edited by Malyck on October 25, 2016 3:46PM
  • djuhrmieb16_ESO
    Malyck wrote: »
    This is still not fixed, any ETA on when it will fixed?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Thanks!

just came outof dungeon and can confirm
    got the skul but didnt count >:)
    back to leveling up a alt ^^
  • Jastara
    Jastara
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ---- Any idea when the hotfix will be emplemented?
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grrr. Since I've come to the conclusion that the masks will never drop for me, I've just been achievement chasing in my limited time to play. Unamused by this.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Bronan026
    Bronan026
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculous!

Too much downtime yesterday and now this!

Well, ZOS have already got our money so you can guess they are not in a rush to fix it.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We'll have some news regarding the fix for this soon - hang tight for a little bit longer.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Stardark
    Stardark
    ✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    Neurosis84 wrote: »
    Seriously ? I have farm for NOTHING ? Omg... I have farm all my nigth, i have think is only a stupid display bug, but no i have farm for nothing... :(

I imagine a lot of people like me farm right now for nothing and have absolut no information about that :/

(sorry for my poor english)

news flash, you get skuls, you get items from skulls, and you would have to be killing like 1 boss an hour if you cannot get achievement in 2 weeks of holiday event.
    Okay, seriously ZoS.. You guys need to extend this event for another week. It's only fair with all the huge issues and major downtimes this month. Now we can't even finish an achievement that's only available for this particular event because of a recent hot fix?

if you cannot finish achievement in 2 weeks that they gave, sry you got problems.
    Xeroxed wrote: »
    Spent pretty much my entire evening working towards the achievement without checking the progress, only to find it was exactly where it was when I started the day. Probably would've had my title by now too as I started with 88 of 100 skulls but yeah I was cruising on autopilot using it as an excuse to do WBs, dolmens, delves, etc I hadn't done so I hadn't really thought about it till later in my day. GG Zeni, slipping in bugs that seemingly have nothing to do with the systems involved in the ones you fixed. Rather disappointing. :P

This is bulls...t!

Of course you can reward retroactively, or at you least you should, through logs of players' actions you query User IDs eligible and run a database update using those IDs as conditional.

If you can't traverse and manipulate data in such way I'm terrified of your overall code niw.

they don't need to retroactive anything. it doesn't take long to get achievement and you still have appr 5-6 days of event. (I almost got 8 toons done with achievement.)
    You know not everyone plays every day yes? Some people only log in once a week and put special effort into finding time to play in order to complete this event.

Now from a 'sky is falling' perspective there are worse problems in the world (Even the ESO world) but don't assume everyone works on the same agenda that you do.
  • Stardark
    Stardark
    ✭✭✭
    Bronan026 wrote: »
    Ridiculous!

Too much downtime yesterday and now this!

Well, ZOS have already got our money so you can guess they are not in a rush to fix it.
    Actually they just took your money. The rest of us got refunds.