The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Plunder skull Achievement BUG

navigante.annalisab16_ESO
Hi,

i just logged in EU server and i notice that pluder skull i get stop count for Achievement.
Can you please look in the issue?
Id like to finish my achievement.

Thanks
  • Seraphaile
    Seraphaile
    ✭✭✭
    Not the only person. It looks like picking up Plunder skulls is no longer adding to the number collected for the 100 Skulls Achievement.
  • Shemp_Wooley
    Shemp_Wooley
    ✭✭
    Yes, noticed this after signing back in after maintenance. Gained 3 skulls but the counter has not moved from 85. Submitted a ticket in game.
  • navigante.annalisab16_ESO
    I did same, let's hope they answer...i was checking event time and was not supposed to finish today :neutral:
  • Praetorrus
    Praetorrus
    ✭✭
    Can confirm. I need just 1 skull to complete achievement but killing bosses and looting skulls doesn't count now. Fix pls!
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep, same NA server.I didn't notice until the second looted skull, but then I waiting to kill another boss, just to verify and nope - counter not moving. to be perfectly honest at this point the only reason I keep farming the skulls is for the achievement.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We're looking into this now. Stand by!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're looking into this now. Stand by!

Thank you, someone in NA PC zone chat in Malabal Tor asked if they were experiencing this and I was able to repro the bug.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• cynaes
    cynaes
    ✭✭✭
    Will we gain the skulls we earned retroactively?

This and the unplanned extended maintenance really make it difficult for those of us that can only play a little bit each day to complete the achievement. Could you maybe look into extending the festival a bit?
  • Akevoriath
    Akevoriath
    ✭✭✭
    cynaes wrote: »

This and the unplanned extended maintenance really make it difficult for those of us that can only play a little bit each day to complete the achievement. Could you maybe look into extending the festival a bit?

+1
  • Scootter
    Scootter
    ✭✭✭
    Oh man, happening for me on NA also. I didn't even look until I had done a bunch more thinking hey I'll just grind out the rest of these today. What a bummer!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

i just logged in EU server and i notice that pluder skull i get stop count for Achievement.
    Can you please look in the issue?
    Id like to finish my achievement.

Thanks

Oh. Yay.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heard the rumours and did two dolmen. Got the Plunder skulls. Counter for the achievement did not increment. Logged out and back in and no change to the count
    Edited by nagarjunna on October 24, 2016 8:41PM
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cynaes wrote: »

Would also like to know the answer to this.
  • arvilla
    arvilla
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem here, PC/NA.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok guys, we've identified where the issue is and plan to hotfix it tomorrow morning. This is only an issue on PC; console is not affected. Unfortunately, we won't be able to retroactively grant progress toward the Plunder Skull achievement for any skulls gained between now and tomorrow, so please keep this in mind as you continue to play.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys, we've identified where the issue is and plan to hotfix it tomorrow morning. This is only an issue on PC; console is not affected. Unfortunately, we won't be able to retroactively grant progress toward the Plunder Skull achievement for any skulls gained between now and tomorrow, so please keep this in mind as you continue to play.

See ya tomorrow...
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will the event be extended due to all the issues today? Asking for a friend ;)
    PC-NA
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will the event be extended due to all the issues today? Asking for a friend ;)

My wife wants to know the same thing. She's lost a day of getting skulls to finish the achievement on all her characters.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we stock pile skulls and not use them ?
    Or does the count happen as soon as we get them issued to us ?
    No sure if you are still at work there.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

Can we stock pile skulls and not use them ?
    Or does the count happen as soon as we get them issued to us ?
    No sure if you are still at work there.

It's right as you receive a Skull. Sorry. :(
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance the holiday can be extended a day to make up for it?
  • missjackieb14_ESO
    missjackieb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for acknowledging and fixing the issue. <3
  • Neurosis84
    Neurosis84
    ✭✭
    Seriously ? I have farm for NOTHING ? Omg... I have farm all my nigth, i have think is only a stupid display bug, but no i have farm for nothing... :(

I imagine a lot of people like me farm right now for nothing and have absolut no information about that :/

(sorry for my poor english)
  • kakarot482_ESO
    kakarot482_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Are you kidding? On one of the few nights this filthy casual had to actually farm and get ONE of my characters to the 100 skull achievement? Just peachy. :/
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is bulls...t!

Of course you can reward retroactively, or at you least you should, through logs of players' actions you query User IDs eligible and run a database update using those IDs as conditional.

If you can't traverse and manipulate data in such way I'm terrified of your overall code niw.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Seems like you all have a very poor QA or development staff. You've only succeeded in ruining your first big holiday event.
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Seems like you all have a very poor QA or development staff. You've only succeeded in ruining your first big holiday event.

well i do not see, that the holiday event is ruined just because of one day, and as in the past, i just expect, that zos will extend the event.

but...when i think of this monday, i also think, there are some major problems with the qa. so there came a patch and after that patch some serious problems with the game - and...this isnt the first time it happened, also they implemented a bug, where i am asking myself, how it had to do in any ways with the last patch. i mean...how do u get a bug into the game, which doesnt have any relation to the fixed contend of the patchnotes - okay...could be...some weird connections between other fixed stuff...but this is just weird.
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot find any announcement about a hotfix.
    Is this hotfix already live while I was sleeping?
  • Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭
    Spent pretty much my entire evening working towards the achievement without checking the progress, only to find it was exactly where it was when I started the day. Probably would've had my title by now too as I started with 88 of 100 skulls but yeah I was cruising on autopilot using it as an excuse to do WBs, dolmens, delves, etc I hadn't done so I hadn't really thought about it till later in my day. GG Zeni, slipping in bugs that seemingly have nothing to do with the systems involved in the ones you fixed. Rather disappointing. :P
    More of me on the 'Net: Julia Grammer
  • RevenantPulse
    RevenantPulse
    ✭✭
    Okay, seriously ZoS.. You guys need to extend this event for another week. It's only fair with all the huge issues and major downtimes this month. Now we can't even finish an achievement that's only available for this particular event because of a recent hot fix?
    Aggro is like gravity... All you need is a little push.