One major problem with Heavy Armor

• PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just get rid of tremorscale and resource increase poisons. Its making all the hoodlums seem relevant
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magus wrote: »

It's interesting how much this game has changed in a year or even two years. Back then, nobody talked openly about their builds and kept broken/overperforming things within their own personal circle and there were more uniformed players to 1vX. Now these things get openly discussed on the forums and there are less uniformed players to 1vX. It's why most youtube content now is typically 3vX or greater vs not very outnumbered situations where people are getting Xv1'd streaming in one at a time.

You want to know why people talk about it more openly in the forums? It's pretty simple. In the beginning, players though that the devs in this game would PvP, and discuss with players ingame from time to time about different matters (bugs, exploits, observations, etc.).

Then players realized that game masters don't exist and that the only dev who actually pvp on a regular basis is Rich Lambert. All the other devs have absolutely no idea what's going on in PvP and to prouve our points and make things change, our only option is to communicate through these forums and abuse the kindness of GinaBruno as the messenger.
    Edited by frozywozy on October 15, 2016 3:45PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny to see how people want to nerf proc sets but that everything else is fine in their opinion. I agree that proc sets are a bad design, but please show me how in hell you can kill any good heavy armor build or 50k+ max magicka shield build without using proc sets. Even with them it's not as easy as people want it to be. Proc sets are one of the problems in this meta, but by far not the only problem.

The main problem is, that Zenimax releases new sets that are more powerful than the sets we had before, otherwise people wouldn't play their content. Without any kind of softcaps the meta will become more and more extreme, we already have 10k health regen builds, 60k magicka builds, full proc set builds, 60k health blazing shield templar builds and who knows what else people might start playing in the future.

Yeah, Stalker touched on power creep earlier in the thread. If both medium armor and heavy armor are shells for the absurd stats from builds these days, heavy armor is the obvious pick for any stamina damage-oriented scrapper. I would like to see either heavy armor nerfed for stamina builds, or medium utlity increased.. or both. I mean I don't think they're going to bring back soft caps or re-do itemization again.
    Options
  • Belicourt
    Belicourt
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever i see nerf HA threads i just watch my solo mdk fall arther int to its grave.
    Options