The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Video] Healbotting

• Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bash knight OP. brb dont even need any moved on your bar to crush people lol
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chuga_Rei wrote: »
    Valencer wrote: »
    The smart heals in this game are relatively expensive compared to the more efficient ground-based AoE heals, but it just isnt much of a difference anymore because of the limitless sustain we have nowadays.

The smart heal system was obviously designed with the game in mind as it was at launch, with softcaps and no CP system. Actually had to make some resource management decisions back then (BoL spam was costly).
    Then again, the same can be said for a lot of abilities in this game... not just smart heals.

I could endlessly heal with soft caps much easier than i can with max CP. throw in another templar and equilibrium and it was absolute cake.

This is of course just my opinion, and i really prefer to play in AZ when possible. But I dont ever remember being resource starved from launch-CP release.

edit: rewatched an old video, amazing how much stronger equilibrium used to be. funny how we remember things/forget others. You are right BOL did take giant chunks out of my magicka pool but it was so easy to return it seemed like no issue.

Yeah, equilibrium + backup healer was always potent, but then we're talking about some solid group synergies and at least 2 healers working well together. I don't think you really need to do fancy things like that anymore to perma-spam BoL.

• Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Yeah, equilibrium + backup healer was always potent, but then we're talking about some solid group synergies and at least 2 healers working well together. I don't think you really need to do fancy things like that anymore to perma-spam BoL.

I spend too much time in azuras. Now even with my CP set for maelstrom its almost impossible to run out of magicka, you are correct lol
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoeCoastie wrote: »
    i like the build, I like the purpose of the build, I play my Templar very similar so I guess Im bias....or old school. whatever you wanna call it.

As far as people claiming they cant burst down someone being healed by a templar like this:

this is a team game, ASSIST!

So, in other words: Go screw yourself solo players.

There lies your problem. Your approach to this game is all wrong. Had you been playing Streetfighter, you'd be justified in your logic. Unfortunately, youre playing a multiplayer game.

Which brings me to a gripe of mine. In every MMO ive played Ive dabbled in solo play. Ive NEVER seen a solo-community complain and *** as much as Ive seen in this game. The culture is sickening. Players willfully choose to play solo which essentially is hard-mode and they complain like they were forced to do it! They choose hard-mode in an MMO and campaign to make solo play easier! That is the type of PvP I'd rather not see. If I enjoyed that type of PvP i'd visit my local arcade and challange some 4 year old to a game of streetfighter while I spout profanities in e-speak. get rekt bruh! LOL....hilarious!

That's not what I was saying at all, I was making fun of someone suggesting that solo players get someone else to target them as a response to my criticisms. I know what I signed up for when I play solo, what I was saying was that is a terrible solution.

The point here is about BALANCE, which seems to be a hard concept for some people to grasp.

I've never seen any class defended by White Knights as much as Templar.

You keep capitalizing that word, as if to stress that your ideas of what constitutes balance is somehow more valid than other peoples.

And you clearly don't pay attention. Nobody and no class likes nerfs and all players rush to these forums to present subjective arguments to ZoS and the community why their strongest features are necessary to compete.

So you think there are a ton of templars rewarded by bad game mechanics? I hate to see what you think are "good" mechanics. There are a ton of templars running around because ZoS's PvP is full of terrible mechanics. You want to talk about reward for terrible mechanics? Take a look at over half the people running around with same 2H Shuffle-hoT stacking-insta burst/stun-gapcloser spam-dodge monkey build that combines everything a PvPer needs and wants while sacrificing nothing. It's a joke. Templar is the only magicka spec that can come close to replicating that and even then it still requires going vampire, which has drawbacks. White Knight my ass. Why don't you take a look around and pay attention to the ridiculous non-templar builds that have it all: damage, self-heals, and damage avoidance.

You choose to run a suboptimal spec (mag sorc) and you are complaining you can't kill a tank, who in your own words hits like a wet noodle and couldn't even take down a shield (now if you want to talk the king of cheese mechanics rewarding bad play, there you go, but I'm guessing you aren't keen on mentioning that are you?), by yourself. You're just another DPS who thinks the extent of tanking in ESO means that it should take you, by yourself, 10 seconds to get a kill instead of 6. If you think "BALANCE" is that a DPS (by themself), who can shield stack like crazy should be able to take down a dedicated tank who can't even scratch your healthbar, then you really ought to stop capitalizing that word because you either do not know what it means or are so biased that your perception of the word is completely different than most people's.

• Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joy will you start sending work emails for me? you have have the patience to and ability to articulate stuff I not only dont want to but cant nearly as well.
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

• HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division wai you gotta prick holes in my sorc house like dat, fam?
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »

Bubbles are bound to burst at some point. Should have went with the much more sturdy Templar House.

The problem with comparing ESO to other games, or just in genre is that it is not at all similar. In other games where DPS outperforms healing/support the DPS are also severely handicapped in everything but DPS. Those games also revolve around cooldowns and many other factors as well that ESO does not have. The next time I watch a DPS specced player in ESO walk around with only one or two defensive abilities on their bar, which are both small duration long cooldown abilities, I will let someone use those comparisons for balance.
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like the build, I like the purpose of the build, I play my Templar very similar so I guess Im bias....or old school. whatever you wanna call it.

As far as people claiming they cant burst down someone being healed by a templar like this:

There lies your problem. Your approach to this game is all wrong. Had you been playing Streetfighter, you'd be justified in your logic. Unfortunately, youre playing a multiplayer game.

Which brings me to a gripe of mine. In every MMO ive played Ive dabbled in solo play. Ive NEVER seen a solo-community complain and *** as much as Ive seen in this game. The culture is sickening. Players willfully choose to play solo which essentially is hard-mode and they complain like they were forced to do it! They choose hard-mode in an MMO and campaign to make solo play easier! That is the type of PvP I'd rather not see. If I enjoyed that type of PvP i'd visit my local arcade and challange some 4 year old to a game of streetfighter while I spout profanities in e-speak. get rekt bruh! LOL....hilarious!

That's not what I was saying at all, I was making fun of someone suggesting that solo players get someone else to target them as a response to my criticisms. I know what I signed up for when I play solo, what I was saying was that is a terrible solution.

The point here is about BALANCE, which seems to be a hard concept for some people to grasp.

You keep capitalizing that word, as if to stress that your ideas of what constitutes balance is somehow more valid than other peoples.

And you clearly don't pay attention. Nobody and no class likes nerfs and all players rush to these forums to present subjective arguments to ZoS and the community why their strongest features are necessary to compete.

So you think there are a ton of templars rewarded by bad game mechanics? I hate to see what you think are "good" mechanics. There are a ton of templars running around because ZoS's PvP is full of terrible mechanics. You want to talk about reward for terrible mechanics? Take a look at over half the people running around with same 2H Shuffle-hoT stacking-insta burst/stun-gapcloser spam-dodge monkey build that combines everything a PvPer needs and wants while sacrificing nothing. It's a joke. Templar is the only magicka spec that can come close to replicating that and even then it still requires going vampire, which has drawbacks. White Knight my ass. Why don't you take a look around and pay attention to the ridiculous non-templar builds that have it all: damage, self-heals, and damage avoidance.

You choose to run a suboptimal spec (mag sorc) and you are complaining you can't kill a tank, who in your own words hits like a wet noodle and couldn't even take down a shield (now if you want to talk the king of cheese mechanics rewarding bad play, there you go, but I'm guessing you aren't keen on mentioning that are you?), by yourself. You're just another DPS who thinks the extent of tanking in ESO means that it should take you, by yourself, 10 seconds to get a kill instead of 6. If you think "BALANCE" is that a DPS (by themself), who can shield stack like crazy should be able to take down a dedicated tank who can't even scratch your healthbar, then you really ought to stop capitalizing that word because you either do not know what it means or are so biased that your perception of the word is completely different than most people's.

So just because I have problems with Magplar means I don't think there's a Stam problem? There are a lot of bad mechanics outside of Magplars, that's not the point. But if Magplar isn't overpowered, why does ZOS remove videos of them overperforming?

You yourself admit that Magplar is the best Mag class, that there is a magicka-stamina divide, and that Mag Sorc is "suboptimal," and then want to lecture me about use of the term "balance"? You just made my argument for me.

I run Mag Sorc because I've been doing so since Beta, and I complain about many cheesy Stam crap in this game as well. I also play Magicka Sorc BECAUSE of those cheesy mechanics; I could easily just jump on my Stam NB or DK and chase the meta, but the last thing this game needs is more players chasing the FOTM. Even if I do hop on those classes, my perspective is always from a Mag Sorc main.

So my shields have been nerfed, my streak has been nerfed, my surge has been nerfed, my proxy has been nerfed, and you think you have any grounds to lecture me about balance? Please.
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »

Bubbles are bound to burst at some point. Should have went with the much more sturdy Templar House.
    Bah, I'll go buy an Empowerment Engine(TM) house then.
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is removing videos of classes "over performing" Havent heard that one yet. Heard of violations of TOS etc, never heard of someone being pulled down for playing well lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

• HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So just because I have problems with Magplar means I don't think there's a Stam problem? There are a lot of bad mechanics outside of Magplars, that's not the point. But if Magplar isn't overpowered, why does ZOS remove videos of them overperforming?

You yourself admit that Magplar is the best Mag class, that there is a magicka-stamina divide, and that Mag Sorc is "suboptimal," and then want to lecture me about use of the term "balance"? You just made my argument for me.

I run Mag Sorc because I've been doing so since Beta, and I complain about many cheesy Stam crap in this game as well. I also play Magicka Sorc BECAUSE of those cheesy mechanics; I could easily just jump on my Stam NB or DK and chase the meta, but the last thing this game needs is more players chasing the FOTM. Even if I do hop on those classes, my perspective is always from a Mag Sorc main.

So my shields have been nerfed, my streak has been nerfed, my surge has been nerfed, my proxy has been nerfed, and you think you have any grounds to lecture me about balance? Please.
    Brief point about the sorc stuff. The point is, sorc needs un-nerffing - specifically starting w/ bolt escape, to be more on par with where mag Templar is. Not that Templar should be nerfed cuz sorc was needed.

This of course needs to be done in concert with fixing the overall stam/mag imbalance.
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg, that DC small scale.....
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From patch to patch till nowdays i saw only 1 buff - Sacred Ground started to snare. Rest of things happened: bug fixes and nerfs. Stop claiming some classes got more nerfs than templars, you won't win this race. Sadly it is indeed templar require less skill than other classes coz healbots builds, but ironically it is consequences of constant nerfs.
    Edited by Cinbri on October 2, 2016 6:47PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Zos removes videos of Mageplars "overperforming" because I am guessing those videos violate the Terms of Service agreement, I know a number got removed because of players swearing and I think some got removed because of baiting during the RD arguments. Not because there is a ZOS conspiracy to hide good templar play.

I did not make your argument for you. Unlike you, I did not ignore context by cherry picking one problem and whine that ZoS ought to remove that one issue you have (which would worsen the balance problem by making so all magicka builds are suboptimal). And unlike you, my premise for balance is not based on a dubious notion that a DPS with high damage avoidance/mitigation by himself ought to be able to kill a tank that can not even scratch the DPS's healthbar.

And if you think there is a ZOS conspiracy to hide over-performing templars by removing videos, or that shield stacking sorc should be able to kill a tank that is zero offensive threat, then I do think your perception of "BALANCE" is highly questionable.

Yes, your perspective is always from a Mag Sorc main. A DPS Mag Sorc main to be specific. That's not being objective. It's not "your" proxy, you know. Stuff is out of balance, but the ideal way to approach that problem is not to examine from a one particular point of view. Don't cry to me that your Mag sorc was nerfed. Unlike you, I look beyond my main character, regarding balance. I have vigorously and meticulously argued to ZoS that the change to surge was bad aside from consistently arguing their pet concept is utterly impractical, the sorc toolkit is so narrow that it leads to a cookie-cutter play style, and the class has too many poor skills/bad morphs.

My biggest problem with your position is that you feel that just because you are a solo DPS, that means somehow that you ought to be able to kill any build you meet out in the open world. If a tank, and I don't care what class or spec it is, can't survive against one DPS, then the concept of tanking is invalidated. It's not a "cancer" that a tank with no DPS doesn't die to a single player. Tanks have a legitimate role in this game and if anything, I'd argue that role is not nearly effective enough. Sure they don't die, but that's all they pretty much are capable of doing. That you can't simply avoid them and insist on banging your head against the wall trying to kill them is puzzling. That you think you ought to be able to kill them when they are utterly incapable of doing the same to you is mind-blowing.
    Edited by Joy_Division on October 3, 2016 1:33AM
  • Loicozor
    Loicozor
    ✭✭✭
    EDEN OPrime

<3
    AFK Officer of eXile Corp [DC - PC - EU] CP 1000+

Loicozor MagDK Lvl50 AR 49 Grand ScrubLord
    Loiicozorr MagBlade Lvl50 AR25 BombLord
    Loicozzorr Stamplar Lvl50 AR 24 JabLord
    Loicozorr StamBlade Lvl50 AR 23 ProcLord
    Loiicozzor StamSorc Lvl50 AR17 RapidLord
    Loiicozor StamDK Lvl50 AR13 SlackLord
    Loicozzor MagSorc Lvl50 AR13 PveLord
    Loiicozzorr Healplar Lvl50 AR13 PveLord
    Loicozerg The Fabulous StamDK Lvl50 AR2 SlackLord
    Legendary Smallscalozor MagSorc Lvl 50 AR2 SlackLord
    Exploitozor Exile MagDen Lvl 50 AR2 SlackLord
    Loicozerg Exile StamDen Lvl50 AR2 SlackLord
    Big Boss The Shiny ScrubHealplar Lvl50 AR10 AD
    Gankozor exile Stamblade Lvl50 AR11 EP
  • ataggs
    ataggs
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division <3
    Preach!
      Confirmed Casual
    • Templar DC- Zee Taggs
    • Templar EP- Zoola
    • Templar AD- Old Zoola
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Zos removes videos of Mageplars "overperforming" because I am guessing those videos violate the Terms of Service agreement, I know a number got removed because of players swearing and I think some got removed because of baiting during the RD arguments. Not because there is a ZOS conspiracy to hide good templar play.

I'll probably get in trouble for reposting this, but there was no profanity (all instrumental music, no voice), and no violation of TOS. All the OP posted was this video as an attempt to point out Magplar imbalance, and it was removed. ZOS moderators said "You're welcome to discuss the issue, you can do so without posting videos that violate our forum rules. This discussion is being closed." Nothing in the video OR the discussion violated the TOS (you can read it over and check the original post here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/293912/video-magicka-templar-imbalance#latest and heres the second thread that was closed https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/293740/video-magicka-templar-outnumbered-pvp-a-display-of-magicka-templar-balance#latest ). You tell me where the violation of the TOS, because its not there. They simply removed it because it showed Templar overperforming.

This is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ethSqihXMVQ

No profanity, no violation of TOS, just a magplar melting face.

I did not make your argument for you. Unlike you, I did not ignore context by cherry picking one problem and whine that ZoS ought to remove that one issue you have (which would worsen the balance problem by making so all magicka builds are suboptimal). And unlike you, my premise for balance is not based on a dubious notion that a DPS with high damage avoidance/mitigation by himself ought to be able to kill a tank that can not even scratch the DPS's healthbar.

And if you think there is a ZOS conspiracy to hide over-performing templars by removing videos, or that shield stacking sorc should be able to kill a tank that is zero offensive threat, then I do think your perception of "BALANCE" is highly questionable.

Yes, your perspective is always from a Mag Sorc main. A DPS Mag Sorc main to be specific. That's not being objective. It's not "your" proxy, you know. Stuff is out of balance, but the ideal way to approach that problem is not to examine from a one particular point of view. Don't cry to me that your Mag sorc was nerfed. Unlike you, I look beyond my main character, regarding balance. I have vigorously and meticulously argued to ZoS that the change to surge was bad aside from consistently arguing their pet concept is utterly impractical, the sorc toolkit is so narrow that it leads to a cookie-cutter play style, and the class has too many poor skills/bad morphs.

My biggest problem with your position is that you feel that just because you are a solo DPS, that means somehow that you ought to be able to kill any build you meet out in the open world. If a tank, and I don't care what class or spec it is, can't survive against one DPS, then the concept of tanking is invalidated. It's not a "cancer" that a tank with no DPS doesn't die to a single player. Tanks have a legitimate role in this game and if anything, I'd argue that role is not nearly effective enough. Sure they don't die, but that's all they pretty much are capable of doing. That you can't simply avoid them and insist on banging your head against the wall trying to kill them is puzzling. That you think you ought to be able to kill them when they are utterly incapable of doing the same to you is mind-blowing.

You have one big logical flaw: how should a tanky build that's specced for tanking take priority over a DPS build specced for single-target DPS? In a balanced game, those two would be relatively equal, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, and the player who executes better should win. We have DUELS incoming, there should be some semblance of balance, but in your world there is no balance, only unkillable builds and inferior DPS. How you think that is balance is beyond me.

The problem isn't with the Tanky Templars who don't do damage, it's with the ones who deal good damage and are still able to BoL to full instantly, of which there are many. Just criticizing one issue doesn't mean there aren't other issues, another logical flaw, but it means there is a balance issue here.

By saying "if you nerf BoL you hurt the ONLY magicka build" exactly makes my point, there shouldn't be ONLY one magicka build that is viable. How can you tell a whole subset of players who want to play caster that they just simply have to live with being "suboptimal" and then give lectures on balance? Hypocritical much?

I've played more than enough different builds to have an objective overall view of the game. I think stam builds are too powerful and that magplar needs to be brought into line with other magicka builds, and magicka builds need to brought in line with stamina builds. What about that do you disagree with?
    Edited by RadioheadSh0t on October 3, 2016 3:27AM
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While everybody is talking about how Stamina is OP, the MagPlars rub their hands while looking down on the plebs from their comfy throne.
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those videos have nothing to do with a "templar melting face" its letting proc sets play the game for you coupled with cross heals/support. I can post a video of me running around in circles on my NB only hitting people with proc+DB and 1 shoting them but I dont think anyone would really care.

also they violate the TOS because of what he said about no skill etc, it is trolling/trying to spark controversy etc amd reposting a closed thread also violates TOS..

anyone can slap on viper/vel, reactive/mal. BR stam or any of the other cheese sets and let proc chance play the game for them. When I see guys turtling up with mist form/temp its a simple matter of locking them down/purging the beam and killing them. They arent near the level of annoying or trolliness that forever dodge roll vigor builds can be imo.

Posting footage of you jab tanking people who clearly have no idea how to fight against that set while you mist around rocks in circles isnt a really convincing way to showcase the usefulness/power of a build, if anything it reminded me of why I dont even touch those sets and laugh as If I run into those types and all they can do is run or die.

A DPS build with lots of pene. and the know how to purge the beam turn that set up into swiss cheese.
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole