Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Video] Healbotting

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Now if only BoL had increasing cost like dodge roll or streak to promote intelligent gameplay instead of mindless spamming.

Edit: hell, give increased cost to any skill repeated within 2 seconds

That would simply not work for most classes as eso simply does not offer enough skills. Sadly.

Edit on topic: This vid is the perfect showcase whats wrong with esos pvp and especially the healing system. Hold block while mashing bol button. Smartheals empower bad gameplay like this. Ban smart healing.

This is something I find quite irrational. If someone builds there toon to do one thing, that is bad? He is not going to kill anyone. His spell damage is garbage. It is like if you don't spec into straight dps, noone respects you.

On topic, this is great, I never though of using BS on a temp, makes sense though, you need the stam regen in PvP and the extra resist and ultimate for remeberance is great too. To bad I usually run spc and trans with the master resto.

It's not bad when someone uses the tools given to him but when the wrong tools are available.

It's impossible to make it require targeting. If anyone wanted to play a tab target game they wouldn't be playing this as their main game, and that goes for everyone. The only other option is ground target and no one ever called Healing Springs skillful have they. It's time to accept that you play a game where the most viable option is to find your best ability and use it as much as possible.

I for one think it would be quire a desireable mechanic for BOL and healing ward when on the currently active bar to project a 45° cone in front of your character with the skills range in which you heal your targets (a little like combatprayer) so that you´re atleast required to look in the general direction of the player you want to heal (imo not longer a problem since the introduction of nametags - i completely understand that this was impossible prior to this).
    Edited by Derra on September 18, 2016 8:44PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One thing I noticed, all the "cancer" accusations tend to come from the Stam rerollers. And they happen to be directed at Magicka Templars which is the one magic class keeping them in check.

Reminds me of when Magic Sorcs were "cancer" in 1.6 keeping the Stam NB horde in check. :)

Even to this day, I get called FOTM cheese sorc by some Stam user running none other then Velidreth.... like seriously man.
    Neqamancer | Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now if only BoL had increasing cost like dodge roll or streak to promote intelligent gameplay instead of mindless spamming.

That would simply not work for most classes as eso simply does not offer enough skills. Sadly.

Edit on topic: This vid is the perfect showcase whats wrong with esos pvp and especially the healing system. Hold block while mashing bol button. Smartheals empower bad gameplay like this. Ban smart healing.

This is something I find quite irrational. If someone builds there toon to do one thing, that is bad? He is not going to kill anyone. His spell damage is garbage. It is like if you don't spec into straight dps, noone respects you.

It has nothing to do with dps or healing. It´s specifically smarthealing which removes any form of skill from healing at all.

I wouldn´t have a problem with the showcased gameplay if the games most efficient way to deal damage was holding block becoming immune to most CC, while pressing one damaging ability rapidly with the game choosing the correct target in range for me.

I do think it´s problematic if a person effectively using three buttons in theory not even required to move or aim at all is able hardcounter atleast two damagedealers with a proper roation involving multiple skills +character movement and targetting.

On a sidenote: If he manages to find the button for radiant glory/destruction he IS going to kill people even with base spelldmg.
    I must have missed the part where healing is just the same as killing people and you should be forced to do some kind of street fighter combo to self heal. How dare he be able to not die to 2 dps?? Wat?

Someone who dies to a low spell dmg Jesus beam was prolly gona die anyway. Tho I would be intrigued to learn the rotation for the permablock-jesusbeam-spamming build.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Reminds me of when Magic Sorcs were "cancer" in 1.6 keeping the Stam NB horde in check. :)

Even to this day, I get called FOTM cheese sorc by some Stam user running none other then Velidreth.... like seriously man.
    The best ones were the roller blades who complained about overload.

Oh and the guy that complained I was blinking 20 times in a row. I had to correct him that it was 42x.
  • Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Nice tanking. It's not even a 50k hp trollplar, I don't know what people are complaining about. Just a solid raid heal build.

Stamtard meta is more what's wrong with pvp than mag Templars healing and doing 0 dps.

Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just love how people call this a cheese build or a cancer simply because it's not the same as their cheesy cancerous build.

The hypocrisy is absolutely mind-blowing.

Keep rocking Edenprime :smiley:
  • Waylander
    Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good support build doing what they do, would love to have this in my small groups.

I used to run a similiar set-up with willows path (seducer is probably a bit more effective though).

Nocturnal - AD Oceanic PvP Guild
    Waylander
    Frankie
    Krylla
    Uniter
    Macgyverr
    Ivy
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Video games .... Skill hhhhhaaaaaaa hhhhaaaaa. If you ambition is to be awesome at a video game.... You need to find a mate... Or get a job or leave mom's basement. That said the video was perfectly fine. Until then keep on keeping on.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..The path of the righteous templar is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
    Blessed is he who, in the name of ap and good will, shepherds the weak over the bridge at Allessia, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost marbles, salt and fine cheese

NotSoEzekiel 25:17
    Edited by BRogueNZ on September 19, 2016 9:04AM
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healbotting is love, healbotting is life <3

I don't get the templar-hate, I really don't. Well, I do, but not really. Most of the MMOs got a healing-class and ESO is no exception. Is it really that horrible to have one healing class in a small group/duo? I mean, they already killed LoS-healing so when climbing rocks to kite zergs, it's sometimes hard to follow & be on the same side of the rock as your teammates. I'm happy they did, though.

Anyway. If you build as a support-templar, a support-healer if you'd like; you're SUPPOSED to heal people, no? BoL has already been nerfed multiple times, we don't need another nerf. A healer-class is usually a standard class in a MMO, I don't see why ESO should be any different.

Personally, I can't play anything else than support-templar, well; I can, but not to the same degree as I play my templar. When I say that to people, reactions are different, but most "omfg you zergling noob play something else", or something along those lines. What they seem to not realise is that.. HEY: Support is the only thing I enjoy playing, no matter which game! Being able to help someone, support'm and keep them alive, means a lot more to me than how many Killing Blows I have. But ey, I'm just a templar, how I enjoy playing the game doesn't matter.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It has nothing to do with dps or healing. It´s specifically smarthealing which removes any form of skill from healing at all.

I wouldn´t have a problem with the showcased gameplay if the games most efficient way to deal damage was holding block becoming immune to most CC, while pressing one damaging ability rapidly with the game choosing the correct target in range for me.

I do think it´s problematic if a person effectively using three buttons in theory not even required to move or aim at all is able hardcounter atleast two damagedealers with a proper roation involving multiple skills +character movement and targetting.

On a sidenote: If he manages to find the button for radiant glory/destruction he IS going to kill people even with base spelldmg.
    I must have missed the part where healing is just the same as killing people and you should be forced to do some kind of street fighter combo to self heal. How dare he be able to not die to 2 dps?? Wat?

Someone who dies to a low spell dmg Jesus beam was prolly gona die anyway. Tho I would be intrigued to learn the rotation for the permablock-jesusbeam-spamming build.

You have serious problems with your reading comprehension do you? I have no issue with selfheals. What i have issues with is that smartheals effectively keep everyone alive in a circle around you with the basic requirement of only spamming the heal button.

If you ever played a game where the task of healing players required any form of positioning and overview of the fight - or even (god forbid) targeting your allies - you would understand the point i´m trying to make.
    Edited by Derra on September 19, 2016 10:12AM
    <Noricum>

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next update such healbot builds will get boost coz of Troll King monster set.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On topic, this is great, I never though of using BS on a temp, makes sense though, you need the stam regen in PvP and the extra resist and ultimate for remeberance is great too. To bad I usually run spc and trans with the master resto.

It's not bad when someone uses the tools given to him but when the wrong tools are available.

It's impossible to make it require targeting. If anyone wanted to play a tab target game they wouldn't be playing this as their main game, and that goes for everyone. The only other option is ground target and no one ever called Healing Springs skillful have they. It's time to accept that you play a game where the most viable option is to find your best ability and use it as much as possible.

Just wish we could make a list of who we want smart heals to ignore. For example, the jerk in zone chat could have his name added to the list and never recieve heals.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

Just wish we could make a list of who we want smart heals to ignore. For example, the jerk in zone chat could have his name added to the list and never recieve heals.

A priority would be very nice, but would need to be somewhat complex. I honestly can't tell you how many times I've been at 5% health only to have 4-5 straight BoL's go to other players instead of myself. Other players that I'm not even in a group with.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is it exactly. If you're not a DPS, you're a "troll" as far as most forum commenters are concerned.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You have serious problems with your reading comprehension do you? I have no issue with selfheals. What i have issues with is that smartheals effectively keep everyone alive in a circle around you with the basic requirement of only spamming the heal button.

If you ever played a game where the task of healing players required any form of positioning and overview of the fight - or even (god forbid) targeting your allies - you would understand the point i´m trying to make.
    No issue with self heals? Except the part where you said you think it's a problem if a healer "is able hardcounter atleast two damagedealers" by healing. You didn't specify who is being healed, going off the video that's full of the OP healing himself through a lot of punishment, one naturally assumes you are referring to self healing. please consider that before getting baptized in the Dead Sea.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No issue with self heals? Except the part where you said you think it's a problem if a healer "is able hardcounter atleast two damagedealers" by healing. You didn't specify who is being healed, going off the video that's full of the OP healing himself through a lot of punishment, one naturally assumes you are referring to self healing. please consider that before getting baptized in the Dead Sea.

"I do think it´s problematic if a person effectively using three buttons in theory not even required to move or aim at all is able hardcounter atleast two damagedealers with a proper roation involving multiple skills +character movement and targetting."

I'd say it was pretty clear what Derra was talking about tbh.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

A priority would be very nice, but would need to be somewhat complex. I honestly can't tell you how many times I've been at 5% health only to have 4-5 straight BoL's go to other players instead of myself. Other players that I'm not even in a group with.

Which is the reason why my guild's healers hated this game.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess i could have pointed that out clearer. I assumed it was clear that i thought the problem was the target of the DDs being irrelevant due to smarthealing (which i mentioned quite a bit as the only thing i view as broken in regards to healing).

Smarthealing coupled with the fact of templar heals (atleast honor the dead) ignoring line of sight again is just too easy for being able to counter multiple other players with two buttons.
    I really think healing players with smartheals is too easy when seen in relation to how efficient it is.

My way to fix this would be one of the following:
    1. Give smartheals a small cone which requires you to atleast look in the general direction of your desired targets (this would have the added benefit of being able to force heals on self by not looking at any ally).
    2. Make smartheals groupwide only forcing to use groundtargetted or cone heals which are less efficient to be utilized in keeping random players alive (currently a random templar appearing means certain death simply because 11111bol hardcounters dmg on any target).
    3. Make bol/hotd selfheals only (bol with some other added functionality) and rework the casted heal to an instant or casted uninterruptable group/aoe heal with reduced efficiency on self (atleast require players to use different buttons situationally and make coordinated target switches for DDs something worthwhile).
    Edited by Derra on September 20, 2016 11:24AM
    <Noricum>

• RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If heals are going to require more aiming, better give templars more mobility then
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing cones will do nothing but (re) enforce ball group play and make it mandatory for a least x of the x healers to be walking backwards all the time, oh another couple shuffling along like crabs so all the compass points are covered.

Any smarter healing in lag would just be a joke tbh

and only group healing? hmm ok, you can damage everyone in range of AOE but not heal anyone not in a group.. just sounds like ganker salt

Edited by BRogueNZ on September 23, 2016 1:25AM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »
    Healing cones will do nothing but (re) enforce ball group play and make it mandatory for a least x of the x healers to be walking backwards all the time, oh another couple shuffling along like crabs so all the compass points are covered.

Any smarter healing in lag would just be a joke tbh

and only group healing? hmm ok, you can damage everyone in range of AOE but not heal anyone not in a group.. just sounds like ganker salt

Well, currently zerg balls stacking up in a bad position to heal will just get mowed down thanks to Negate, even when facing small groups or random zergs. Apart from that a healer in a spread out small group could, in theory, target an individual player and heal just as well as the healer at the back of his zergball. There's no inherent advantage in being stacked up from that, unlike AoE caps.

Though I agree that not being able to heal non group members doesn't sound good.

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure it's so easy to change ZoS's healing system and it continues to amazing me the number of people who whine because they can't kill stuff.

The amount of burst in this game is insane and animation cancelling means the rate of incoming damage is far higher and faster than I could tab target people and then actually get a heal on them in the first place. With the crazy AoE and stupid stuff like vicious death and the manner in which people melt, there is no way a system that involved so much micromanagement would be able to keep up.

When damage increases, and it has by a ridiculous amount, healing must keep pace with it. Damage dealers have near infinite sustain, high burst, multiple proc sets, and complain when this damage gets countered by "cancer" builds that involve blocking, healing, shielding, heavy armor. What a bunch of BS. It's the damage builds that are the cancer; it's bad enough they have all that, but they get so much damage avoidance and healing themselves to pair with it.

Now I'm reading that people have issues with templars showing up and healing players not in the group. Too damn bad if you have problems with it. I have a problem with damage dealers showing up and aiding non-group members by crit rushing - dawnbreakering - reverse slicing enemies attacking said non-group members.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure it's so easy to change ZoS's healing system and it continues to amazing me the number of people who whine because they can't kill stuff.

The amount of burst in this game is insane and animation cancelling means the rate of incoming damage is far higher and faster than I could tab target people and then actually get a heal on them in the first place. With the crazy AoE and stupid stuff like vicious death and the manner in which people melt, there is no way a system that involved so much micromanagement would be able to keep up.

When damage increases, and it has by a ridiculous amount, healing must keep pace with it. Damage dealers have near infinite sustain, high burst, multiple proc sets, and complain when this damage gets countered by "cancer" builds that involve blocking, healing, shielding, heavy armor. What a bunch of BS. It's the damage builds that are the cancer; it's bad enough they have all that, but they get so much damage avoidance and healing themselves to pair with it.

Now I'm reading that people have issues with templars showing up and healing players not in the group. Too damn bad if you have problems with it. I have a problem with damage dealers showing up and aiding non-group members by crit rushing - dawnbreakering - reverse slicing enemies attacking said non-group members.

How about both easymode healing and burst damage are bad?

• Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    give us targeted healing, put it on a cast time if you have to. learn to fake heals etc/get good or get non stop interrupted.

fixing wall healing was a start, now they need to make heals more difficult to use, but more rewarding when used correctly.

unless you heal/shield stack with "smart targeted" heals(bol, healing ward, etc) you dont know how many times you die trying to spam heal yourself or a target in need when some moron nearby or someone completely out of danger eats the heal and you or your intended target die.
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much wrong in this video,but NOT the healer. Lol
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly healing problem is far more complex than people can see and closely tied to templar class identity. Also sad that number of templar-veterans who experienced changes and their consequences to understand problem is rudiculously low as many left or rerolled. I will create templar thread in preparation to U13 to talk about it some week soon.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What you´re describing about dmg dealers is absolutely 100% the stamina procc meta which everyone agrees on is absolute bullpoo.
    The problem with healing is: Healing is able to keep up with the rediculous amounts of dmg a procc build can throw out. That basically leaves every other "dmg" build out of the window once a properly built healer shows up (especially ranged builds - why the *** is there still a bonus for blocking projectiles when they´re already the weakest form of dmg in the game).

As a magica sorc even if i set up my rotation perfectly and my target does not dodge or block i won´t be able to kill them when there is a templar standing nearby spamming one button.
    That means basically a 5 button dps sequence involving an ultimate is hardcountered by 1 button being spammed rapidly with the gamesystems doing 100% of the work - because the healing has to keep up with what stamina proccbuilds can dish out in one button press.

When a random dmg dealer shows up - you can cc them, pressure them, most likely even kill them really fast because they can´t coordinate with their allies over ts.
    When a random templar shows up holding block spamming 1 button there is absolutely nothing a non nightblade can do (and even on a nightblade you need an absurd amount of luck). An add tankhealer gets more effective (lol) when you actually focus on them. An add dps gets less effective when focused on because they can no longer reliably dmg because they have to defend themselves.

On a sidenote: I think vicious death was never ever meant to be outhealed. It was supposed to blow up ppl who stack together in a really close proximity - same with the "stupid amounts of aoe". The only aoe i´m noticing at all atm in this game is siege when it bugs out and does not show red circles.

Last i believe it would be really easy to change the healing system for smartheals to only work in a cone in the direction the camera is facing. This would impact "good" healers with situational awareness very little while it would absolutely shatter the hold block trololo111111!!!elfluribolg meta for bad trollplars.
    Edited by Derra on September 24, 2016 9:06AM
    <Noricum>

• RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taking away Dawnbreaker from Magicka while also making Stam far stronger relatively have played a lot into making the Mag-Stam divide even worst.

As far as the healing discussion, tab/targeted healing is a bad idea. I don't have a problem with healing outside of BoL, but something needs to be done about these cheeseplar builds. The other day I ran into a Magplar in Bruma who literally did nothing but cleanse my curses and BOL over and over until 8 of his buddies showed up and Zerged me down. He hit like a wet noodle, and could never come close to even getting one shield down, but these builds are almost as bad as the Viper/Veli skillless chumps. I've always hated tanks who have no skill but simply wait it out until everyone else shows up, the idea that anyone would actually enjoy playing like that baffles me.

I think they should revert BoL to healing two other people, but make it hit you for the same as you're hitting the other two players. To be able to burst heal yourself to full without penalty really makes for terrible balance, and when you have a low-cost purge that is also a HOT and MM, it's clear Magplars need balance.
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    There is a counter to every mechanic in this game. Just because you don't have it slotted in the fight does not mean it isn't there to use. I run a healer only in pvp. I swap skills on my bar at least every five minutes to what is the most appropriate for the situation I think I'm going into. You should do the same.
    Edited by Meetre on September 24, 2016 9:13PM