The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dang, checked out summerset for a bit and came in blue into cyrodiil...

been sitting outside ft. ash for about 20 plus minutes feeding EP AP...

you know things aren't gonna go well when there are more people inside defending then outside trying to get in...

just checked my connection and i'm at 40k Mbps down and 40k Mbps up - but, i keep freezing over and over...

just been closing and reopening the application...

too funny, the last time I had to restart, and started writing this, when I came back in i was standing at the front gate - and, the keep was already blue...

yeah, things can only go up from here...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ended up playing from about 9:30pm to 11:30pm p.s.t. - had to restart the game six times...

I still had fun fighting, but, the game performance was pretty bad...made 58k, but, lost a bunch of AP from having to restart over and over...

think I saw some tank using time stop, but, wasn't sure...

I got a couple of characters in summerset, but, haven't started the psijic quest line yet...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of EP players in zone complaining about freezing last night. I froze 7 times in 90 minutes, and three of those were permanent (force-close being the only fix). Honestly it's about as irritating as the infinite loads we had with Update 16.

Seems every time there's a good DLC or Chapter that attracts new players to the game, PvP is all messed up. No wonder population keeps dropping.

I won't comment yet on the 10-point scrolls. I'm watching AD run away with this campaign again. The answer there seems to be to just stop caring about winning the campaign and focus on the battles, not the war.
    PS4NA
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg the screen freezes are out of control and we're only about a third of total population. This is the most performance degrading update ever.

Pro tip: Don't make a build that relies on weapon swapping. Actually, don't make a build that relies on pressing buttons.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    Omg the screen freezes are out of control and we're only about a third of total population. This is the most performance degrading update ever.

Pro tip: Don't make a build that relies on weapon swapping. Actually, don't make a build that relies on pressing buttons.

Is it worse than the CWC disaster?
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a new feature, a skill called "Freezeframe"! lol
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    reiverx wrote: »

Is it worse than the CWC disaster?

I think it is. At least with the endless load screens, you knew it was going to happen (and when). The screen-freeze comes at you unexpectedly (Kiss goodbye to that cold fire ballista you were on at the time) and if you're in a field fight, you'll often be dead or miss any AP when you log back in.

I'll be honest - I'm not super confident that ZOS will fix this. I'd be shocked if they even have employees who PvP on PS4 NA on a regular basis in primetime. Unless they notice complaints in the forums, this may go undetected and unaddressed.
    PS4NA
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess I was lucky. The screen did freeze. A lot. But about 10 to 15 seconds later it would miraculously start working again.

Oh yeah and the resource guards. WTF. Those guys whooped the heck out of me last night.

Man wish I could get a defense tick like that. 56 k! That nuts.

Only stayed for a minute. Daggerfall was ruling the map and couldn’t get into a group for nothing.
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha! Conan Exiles doesn't have any of that ***
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha! Conan Exiles doesn't have any of that ***

I watched a couple of vids, looks interesting...

been spending a bunch of my pvp time lately getting used and abused by pre-teens in fortnite...

there's more I'd like to accomplish with my eso pvp characters - just haven't felt like grinding for gear lately...

right now just adjusting my slotted gear to account for the new 2 hand weapon rules...

had 3 lethal arrows (plus a few other skills for some damage) show up on my death recap for a combined 20k...thought about you...lag and snipe is a tough combo to deal with...

from what I've seen of it - summerset looks really nice...i'm a sucker for eye candy...

hopefully the performance improves over the next couple of patches...

the zos QA team could definitely use some help...
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is unplayable right now i have tried at least 5 times to play today and every time i do my game freezes this sucks lol
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Pvp is unplayable right now i have tried at least 5 times to play today and every time i do my game freezes this sucks lol

Good to see I’m not alone with this issue.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »

Lol yep i just froze at roebeck not 5 minutes ago can't play restart game freeze repeat i'm just going to have to find something else to do other then pvp
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol yep i just froze at roebeck not 5 minutes ago can't play restart game freeze repeat i'm just going to have to find something else to do other then pvp

thanks for the heads up guys...been traveling around summerset the last couple of days...i've only run in to relatively minor lag issues...

I really want to go out and fight folks (rough day at work), but, don't need the added aggravation of getting kicked a bunch...

been thinking I may want to head to one of the starter zones to go farm seams...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 8, 2018 1:14AM
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I been playing ESO for the past 2 days now. Its obvious who zergs and who doesn't. I do get freezes while I'm solo and yes they get me killed but they're only 2-7 secs long. However, if a large zerg moves in then I get constant permanent screens. So... if you want to play the game git gud and stop zerging till its fixed :)
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one seems to understand how the new Defense tick works.

Simply taking keeps grants far less AP versus defending a lv5 keep and it’s resources.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on June 8, 2018 10:35AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been playing ESO for the past 2 days now. Its obvious who zergs and who doesn't. I do get freezes while I'm solo and yes they get me killed but they're only 2-7 secs long. However, if a large zerg moves in then I get constant permanent screens. So... if you want to play the game git gud and stop zerging till its fixed :)

It is a client texture loading problem in PvE and PvP and already patched on PC.
    Edit - to not take the bait.
    Edited by TequilaFire on June 8, 2018 2:12PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged in later than usual last night - Traveled to Chalman to defend after seeing a zone chat callout. Just a few EP there when I arrived. 2 minutes later, 60 DC showed up, my screen froze and I got to listen to music while absolutely nothing happened on my screen for 4 minutes. Ended up having to force-close the app, and at that point I turned the game off.

Can't believe I pay a $15 a month ESO sub for this BS. I'm an idiot.
    PS4NA
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went in briefly again to check out the new NPC's at resources. I didn't notice too much of a difference but it was only a level one resource. I was wearing my PVE armor so all 5 x light with mostly divines traits. It was interesting when I got the jump on a player, a lot less interesting when they got the jump on me as I would go down pretty quickly. I finally decided to switch out Grothdar for Mighty Chudan and that made a huge difference. With the staff counting as two pieces I was able to put together Julianos and War Maiden plus a monster set. That was nice. My sweeps were listed over 3000 unbuffed, which is good for me.

I was inside Roe buying some siege when a few blues showed up outside. I went outside to have a look and maybe get into a battle but then it locked up and when I logged back in, I was dead. Zergs or not, freezing/dropping when opponents come close makes it hard to win a fight. But hey, feel free to take some more cheap shots.

• wozborne
    wozborne
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been Dueling pretty much exclusively after the patch. I went into Cyro for the first time post Patch today and my screen completely froze within the first 5 minutes of enetering. I almost want to say this is worse then the November loading screen fiasco.
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean nobody got triggered enough to respond to me with some negativity? Damn... boring as *** thread tbh.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean nobody got triggered enough to respond to me with some negativity? Damn... boring as *** thread tbh.

tumblr_m6rhnrNAMG1qg39ewo1_500.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on June 9, 2018 1:47AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rohamad_Ali you here?
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it i just missed a 70k defense tick at alessia cause my screen froze i hope you are happy zos lol
    Edited by Jake1576 on June 10, 2018 8:01PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it i just missed a 70k defense tick at alessia cause my screen froze i hope you are happy zos lol

I saw you in that massive yellow zerg. couldn't you guys bring the rest of Asia as well? lol
    You devised your own demise in that zerg.
    Edited by TequilaFire on June 10, 2018 9:17PM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw you in that massive yellow zerg. couldn't you guys bring the rest of Asia as well? lol
    You devised your own demise in that zerg.

Lol
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually just go where the battle is at i don't even run in a group the majority of the time and if i do they are probably about 6-7 people https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/35143751_1928549810509483_4727111464916090880_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=06fc7412a8dd193e37b0a2b124ae1f02&oe=5BA745DF
    Edited by Jake1576 on June 10, 2018 11:00PM
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hands up who paid money for this crap