The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokirules wrote: »
    Earthgore will still be op

maybe for groupies, but not if i'm casualing zerg surfing, get attacked, and it ends up healing some noob close by, I'm gonna get pissed :#
    Edited by geonsocal on April 15, 2019 8:29PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Earthgore will still be op

maybe for groupies, but not if i'm casualing zerg surfing, get attacked, and it ends up healing some noob close by :#
    It will be especially powerful for Balls because of the purge effects
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this new set made me smile - i rez a lot of people in cyrodiil, a lot...heck, like a fool - i even take the time in battlegrounds to rez folks...

i'll probably never use this set - but, it's nice to see it's out there now:

crafted
    Vastarie’s Tutelage
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    3 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    5 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    5 – Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    5 – When you resurrect an ally, you and your ally gain 258 Weapon and Spell Damage and 10% cost reduction to all abilities for 10 seconds.
    Edited by geonsocal on April 15, 2019 8:43PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man it was hard enough to spell Vivec!
    These campaign names. lol
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no longer a double confirmation window when entering Cyrodiil.
    Hmmm - So we're going back to waiting in queue for an hour only to accidentally decline the "Enter" dialog because we're browsing a trader at the time? I hope not. That double-confirm was the fix for that, no?

PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good to see you out there last night angel :)

crazy roller coaster of a night...went in to vivec NA (vivec EU was pretty dead at that moment) on my EP bosmer stam sorc...

basic 2H/bow setup...other than hurricane and the storm atronach I rarely use any of his class skills...

I haven't played him in months, still had the old pelinal's ferocity buff...my rotation was pretty stale, but, that didn't really hurt me too bad - bow and 2H are some of the easier skills to use...was kind of in the right place at the right time a bunch - made 120k AP in about 40 minutes...

decided to jump on my red dunmer mag dk - wow, much different story...had the pelinals buff on him also, but, when I ate the cake on this character it actually converted to the anniversary buff???

after playing for about 20 I realized - my rotations and playstyle were entirely out of whack...if it wasn't for him being a vamp and slotting mist form - I would have died a whole bunch more...

not terrible stats in terms of spell power, spell crit, resistances and resource pools - but, I was having a really tough time sustaining and figuring out how to attack folks...

it was a mess...fortunately, I like a bit of a challenge...looking forward to giving it another go soon...

it's been a while since I've adjusted his build and skill use, and, it may just be time for a makeover...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 17, 2019 6:51PM
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the change they made to the Templar rune a while back, the one that brought it on par with other classes? What a difference that makes! My survivability is through the roof. I was just horsing around with it combined with a light armor set of Fortified Brass plus Bloodspawn. Wow! You know those guys you see wading through a zerg just taking a beating from everyone? That was me earlier this week. I was also using Spell Power Cure so my healing was helping the cause a bit with some extra spell damage for everyone. For a short time, I felt unstoppable.

However, there is a guy on EP, Bhakta (?) something like that. Anyway, he cut through me like I was made of tissue paper. It was crazy. I saw him stalking around outside the castle and I wondered how fast he could kill me in all of my semi-tanky glory. My resistances were both north of 30k, I was in the rune, blocking, with an unstoppable potion consumed, and I used my Remembrance ultimate on the first moment of attack which gives major protection too. None of it mattered, I was sliced to shreds before I could even blink. It's crazy how good some of these players are.

I had a cool encounter with a DC player whose name escapes me, at the Ash lumber mill. As I mentioned above, I've gone tanky/healer role. I can still clear out a resource full of NPC's, it just takes me a while. So I've already taken out the mage, tower healer, tower guard, and I was working on the flag NPC's when a lone blue showed up. I thought, "Oh crap, I'm done for" but he just watched as I finished off the last Honor Guard and then he came in to attack. I was buffing, healing, and dealing some damage here and there, and he was doing the same. Eventually, I stopped attacked and just stood there healing. He took a few more shots but then he paused too. It was a fight that was going to go on forever. So I brought out the lute and he bowed and we both went our separate ways. I love it when I run into cool people in Cyrodiil.
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭

crazy roller coaster of a night...went in to vivec NA (vivec EU was pretty dead at that moment) on my EP bosmer stam sorc...

basic 2H/bow setup...other than hurricane and the storm atronach I rarely use any of his class skills...

I haven't played him in months, still had the old pelinal's ferocity buff...my rotation was pretty stale, but, that didn't really hurt me too bad - bow and 2H are some of the easier skills to use...was kind of in the right place at the right time a bunch - made 120k AP in about 40 minutes...

decided to jump on my red dunmer mag dk - wow, much different story...had the pelinals buff on him also, but, when I ate the cake on this character it actually converted to the anniversary buff???

after playing for about 20 I realized - my rotations and playstyle were entirely out of whack...if it wasn't for him being a vamp and slotting mist form - I would have died a whole bunch more...

not terrible stats in terms of spell power, spell crit, resistances and resource pools - but, I was having a really tough time sustaining and figuring out how to attack folks...

it was a mess...fortunately, I like a bit of a challenge...looking forward to giving it another go soon...

it's been a while since I've adjusted his build and skill use, and, it may just be time for a makeover...

Yeah my group and I saw you at nickel farming Ap with us. A lot of my group where surprised to know you ran the PS4 thread for Vivec.
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah my group and I saw you at nickel farming Ap with us. A lot of my group where surprised to know you ran the PS4 thread for Vivec.

i'm embarrassed - if anyone saw me playing on my stam sorc or my mag dk last night - i would imagine they might think I was fresh in to eso and had just bought someone elses account :)
    Edited by geonsocal on April 18, 2019 12:34AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually looking forward to jumping back on my mag dk tonight...not gonna do any gear changes right now (other than maybe swapping out my destro/dual wield setup for destro/resto) - but I am gonna switch up some of my skills to figure out how to better approach ranged and melee combat...

I still have some toons setup the same as before they made staffs and bows count for 2 slots...

one thing I've noticed since I added a bunch more characters - I do less gear changes now...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 18, 2019 12:40AM
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭

If you followed us around, you could’ve made more...just saying lol. I think I’m coming out with like 300k ap an hour or so depending on how busy it is or not. #bombersop
    I just wish I had another person bombing alongside me. My bombs hit hard but there’s times where I only kill like half a group and then I’m all out of mag and have to recover and yeah.

Or if I get hard cc’d and can’t complete a bomb
    Edited by NightAngel690 on April 18, 2019 10:45AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    man, I haven't "bombed" in forever...it's not that easy really, takes a bunch of patience and really good timing...

had much better results last night on my mag dk - had a fun 1v1 at a resource flag...ended up losing to a pet sorc, but, still had fun...

just needed to switch up some skills, but, still need to smooth out the rotations...

once I switch his dual wield to resto that will help a bunch with his sustain...
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the new Necro class coming out, any suggestions on which alliance I should go with? I've been AD since forever and I thought maybe I could switch it up. I really like PVP even if I'm only OK at it. I spend most of my time fighting DC for some reason, I guess I just like that side of the map. I got burned out on the old Alessia bridge fights. So there is a part of me that's curious what it would be like to run with the guys I've fought against for a long time. On the other hand, EP could be something totally different for me. Those of you in other alliances, or that play multiple alliances, any advice on who I should play for?

I don't think I can make an AD necro, I'm still a role-playing nerd at heart and I don't think Talion the Mighty would get along with a new evil character. So it's really between EP and DC.

Some pros:
    DC - Love it or hate it, it would be cool to surf the wave that is an Allmadden zeg.
    EP - It would be nice to fight with some of you fellow posters instead of being used as a mop on the tower floor by you.

Some cons:
    DC - I've been fighting them so long that I've grown to dislike a few of them. Although they may be perfectly nice in real life, there's only so many times you can get owned by someone without harboring some resentment.
    EP - I don't know much of anything about EP or how they work.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP is very cool, maybe not quite as cool as the AD folks...my perception is a lot of times they're just more serious about the map and gameplay...

it's fun doing that endless back and forth between ales and chalman from the red side...

do you have any stam focused characters right now?

are you planning to have a necro stam or necro mag character...healer, dps, or tank?
    Edited by geonsocal on April 19, 2019 5:29PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you finish the new daily "Kill 100 PvE Questers"? lol
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭

do you have any stam focused characters right now?

are you planning to have a necro stam or necro mag character...healer, dps, or tank?

I have an imperial stamina warden Diana Venetricis and an orc stamplar named Grobash. I also have a low level stamina nightblade named Roe Lightfingers.

For the necro I’m going to make a Khajit probably mag. That could change though. I’ll have to check out the skills and see what I prefer. Most likely a healer or DPS. I’ve only just now started playing around with a tank role with Talion. On him I have level 50 (or max) on all skill trees except jewelry crafting. I’ve been playing him a while.

As a heads up, if anyone needs anything crafted, let me know. I’m sure you all have max traits but if you don’t, I can help.
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    With the new Necro class coming out, any suggestions on which alliance I should go with? I've been AD since forever and I thought maybe I could switch it up. I really like PVP even if I'm only OK at it. I spend most of my time fighting DC for some reason, I guess I just like that side of the map. I got burned out on the old Alessia bridge fights. So there is a part of me that's curious what it would be like to run with the guys I've fought against for a long time. On the other hand, EP could be something totally different for me. Those of you in other alliances, or that play multiple alliances, any advice on who I should play for?

I don't think I can make an AD necro, I'm still a role-playing nerd at heart and I don't think Talion the Mighty would get along with a new evil character. So it's really between EP and DC.

Some pros:
    DC - Love it or hate it, it would be cool to surf the wave that is an Allmadden zeg.
    EP - It would be nice to fight with some of you fellow posters instead of being used as a mop on the tower floor by you.

Some cons:
    DC - I've been fighting them so long that I've grown to dislike a few of them. Although they may be perfectly nice in real life, there's only so many times you can get owned by someone without harboring some resentment.
    EP - I don't know much of anything about EP or how they work.

Being Ep I can tell you that we are as @geonsocal said more serious about the map and we have a lot of very vocal faction hardliners. Dc from what I have seen from YouTube videos and heard from friends is ultra toxic in zone chat. In terms of types of players Dc has a lot of good solo and small scalers along with the Zerg Daddy of Dc Allmaden who loves to faction stack every keep he comes across. Ep has lots of Zergs and Ball groups (WTB purge bot 15 gold) with a few good small scalers. But honestly if your going to do this pick the faction that would be right for you.
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    Did you finish the new daily "Kill 100 PvE Questers"? lol

I have been playing bully the gankers lol
    Edited by Lokirules on April 19, 2019 7:02PM
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know i don't have the patience for it (variety is the spice of life, and, a necessity for someone with a relatively short attention span), but, i often wonder what it might be like to actually "main" one specific character/class/build for a month or so...

after struggling the other day trying to play my mag dk, i figured that the issue probably wasn't my gear, but, my playstyle and rotation choice...

well, seems i was right...for the most part all my characters have a decent setup/build gear wise...not really meta, but, pretty functional...

my dunmer mag dk (vamp) is decked out in 5 heavy/2 light: julianos, silks of the sun, valkyn skoria...re-tooled my ability bar (also dumped the dual wield nonsense and picked up a resto staff), and lo and behold - i can fight once again...right now using this rotation:

destro (inferno): molten armaments, coagulated blood, unstable wall of elements, hardened armor, destructive reach, eye of the storm

resto: burning talons, coagulated blood, burning embers, hardened armor, combat prayer, ferocious leap

simplifying my rotations has helped a whole lot - right now my focus is mostly on getting the skoria to proc (which also happens for some reason when i heavy attack on my resto staff???) as often as possible with my DoT use...ditching mist form, and using the resto staff for sustain has really helped a lot also...

i had fun fighting last night - i ended up using an infused resto, with a gold spell damage enchant...

one of the things i enjoy most about playing the same character for a few days in a row - i can take the ability bars off my UI, and have a cleaner screen...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 20, 2019 12:01AM
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am so happy alliance lock is coming, i'm going to come back and try to pvp more!
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    i am so happy alliance lock is coming, i'm going to come back and try to pvp more!

I see the benefits and disadvantages of it
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    this anniversary event is pretty lively! I made roughly 2 mil ap in a night.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lokirules tell me! :-) i miss obvious things sometimes.

+i see people being forced to play for one alliance instead of hopping.

- AD might be severely outnumbered and we are dominated.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD outnumbered? lol
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭

I see it as an attempt to balance pop by preventing jumping to the winning faction. I also see it as a restraint on some players who like to jump on a low population faction to try and help out. (Tho this seems more common on Pc than here)
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see it as an attempt to balance pop by preventing jumping to the winning faction. I also see it as a restraint on some players who like to jump on a low population faction to try and help out. (Tho this seems more common on Pc than here)
    I tend to agree. Vivec right now is so tight with only 5 days remaining in the campaign. I'm EP faithful (Don't even have AD/DC toons) and I've never been tempted to alliance-hop, but I do wonder how close it would be if some players/guilds were prevented from being able to "help out" and balance things from time to time.
    PS4NA
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed now they just need to help fix PvDoor and lag for me to be happy
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey Ballcap. I can tell ya, the Madden Zerg runs all the time, but it’s usually just one full group. They care very little for actually doing anything in the campaign other than making AP. If the goals align every now and then, that’s cool. But if you’re hellbent and determined to go get a scroll back or something....ain’t gonna happen.

I can’t deal with the Cyrodil lag much anymore tbh. It’s worse than Vet Sanctum Ophidia. Just pitiful. Hop in to some battlegrounds if I start craving some good quick PvP action. I’m not really good or anything, but it’s what I’d rather do.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed now they just need to help fix PvDoor and lag for me to be happy

They need to nerf rams back to the damage they used to have.
    I would like to see less front door and more strategic 50/50 sieging like we used to do.
    Taking down a FD is way too fast these days.
    Edited by TequilaFire on April 22, 2019 9:32PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had something wierd happen recently...I've been subscribed to eso plus for years...automatically just gets deducted though the ps4...

logged on a few days ago to discover I'm no longer an eso plus member...I'm not really sure why...

I had planned on unsubscribing towards the end of this year, but, not right now...

I'm trying to see if I can make it work without eso plus...the extra bank space. and, the crafting bag are definitely an issue...I might be able to work though it though...

my credit card info is still valid, so, I'm thinking something may have come up in regards to my pay pal account...not sure though...