The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Man the lag in Vivec is terrible! I can barely heal some days. Other times, I can’t break cc or stuns even at full stam And then if I do, I can’t heal because there’s a 2 second delay before I can use any ability
    Edited by NightAngel690 on February 18, 2019 1:26AM
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    Man the lag in Vivec is terrible! I can barely heal some days
    Play Apex and you won’t lag as much 😅
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Lokirules wrote: »
    Man the lag in Vivec is terrible! I can barely heal some days
    Play Apex and you won’t lag as much 😅
    No
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been over in EU vivec this weekend...decent average connection speeds 40+ Mbps down, 10 up...

not great, but generally playable...froze and disconnected a bunch all weekend...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah baby, just got my very first 1v1 kill (without the use of siege equipment :D ) against a max cp player on the EU server...

I swear there must have been maybe a grand total of 20 players on the entire map - if that...

spent some time at bleakers trolling folks...one thing you do learn over the years playing a much less than competitive build - there are most definitely a variety of ways to get under other players skins...

no man, I'm not going out in to the middle of some field to duel ya...

bleakers action died so went to visit ales (some one was capping resources)...they had already gotten the farm and were working on the mine...

went to go hang out with the upstairs mage at the mill...sure enough after a couple of minutes one brave soul came to tackle the flag guards...

I only currently have one bow user on the EU server...thankfully I was playing him...

a few well placed lethal arrows later and sayonara sucka...

okay, sure, the guards did a bit (a good bit maybe) of the prep work for me - but, an enjoyable pvp experience nonetheless...

I hope all is well for everyone :)
    Edited by geonsocal on February 22, 2019 6:00AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    A kill is a kill in my book - mostly at my age. I got whispered last month because the player's recap showed PACT Ballista as the last blow so he asked if I was too scared to come out and fight. I said, "Yep carpal tunnel. I play to play and don't care how I do it. And all I had was the ballista." Nothing further after that. :blush:
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been having a blast the last week getting reacquainted with my AD toons on vivec NA...been too long since I've played them...

the first couple of hours back on each of them has been a little frustrating - I think I had them all set up just for running around overland and questing, which, doesn't work so well in cyrodiil...

when I finally get back to my EP guys I'll probably need to set them up again too...

something about fighting for the 3rd place team (with at least a couple of bars on the map for each faction) that I really enjoy...

you just get a really good sense of us versus them...

I'll probably stay with my AD guys for another week or so just to get a good feel for those different characters again...right now working out some stuff with my mag warden...

score wise - hmmmm, to be honest I'm not really sure what's going on score wise...I believe DC is about to win on NA vivec and AD will win on EU vivec...

I think I'm getting ready to begin my 43rd 30 day campaign in a day or so...so, the whole score thing is not so relevant all the time for me...

just another day :p
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Im already over the score and I’ve only experienced 12
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged into PS4 EU vivec campaign... stayed less than hour after 2 months afak.

The campaign population was far from balanced as the points showe (alliance hopping etc), seemed that many other regular pvp players have got fed up and left or taken a break, heavy metas all around with pretty much everybody playing as dps tank, lag was normal.... etc.... conclusion better to log off and check back in few months if the ZoS have finally woke up and start fixing things.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im already over the score and I’ve only experienced 12
    giphy.gif
    :)

i try to get in to the score and all...it's just tough though - particularly if you run solo...it does help a lot when there's a week or so left in the campaign and all the factions are really competitive - that just doesn't happen very often...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 27, 2019 9:29PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    Logged into PS4 EU vivec campaign... stayed less than hour after 2 months afak.

The campaign population was far from balanced as the points showe (alliance hopping etc), seemed that many other regular pvp players have got fed up and left or taken a break, heavy metas all around with pretty much everybody playing as dps tank, lag was normal.... etc.... conclusion better to log off and check back in few months if the ZoS have finally woke up and start fixing things.

howdy @Miswar - what time zone/time of day did you check it out on...i logged in last night (about 10pm pacific standard time) and was surprised to see the whole map basically blue...made even more surprising by the fact that DC placed 3rd last campaign...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 27, 2019 9:28PM
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Score management requires leadership. ESO is a very casual friendly game. PVP in ESO is filled with the same types of players you can run a 25-1 KD ratio on in COD. Consider that most of the zergs running have these types of players in them.

It only logically follows that anytime a person successfully pulls together a guild, actively trains them how to play, and then runs with them, that they can easily dominate the map / campaign.

on PS4 NA it is Gooch and his guild that do this - there are some competitive crowns out there - but most of them have no interest in winning or dealing with the drama of managing the crowns that are really just ignorant to how to play ESO correctly -

It's tough, Gooch and his guild have earned just rewards for their efforts. I enjoy fighting his guild members and him. They provide competition.

Overall, while it sucks to be AD score wise currently, you tend to meet some of the better players on your faction during a drought like this.
  • sabina175
    sabina175
    ✭✭
    I ve to say being an ep player on ps4 eu is really frustrating in the last weeks. U even get the apbonus for being underpopulated in the afternoon.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA Vivec EP just won't listen when a good crown gets on, always been their problem.
  • sabina175
    sabina175
    ✭✭
    Lol ep eu is the same. Very few persons can inspire them to follow. Best thing is always heavy attacks from above instead of oil or siege weapon.
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 NA Vivec EP just won't listen when a good crown gets on, always been their problem.

Ep has too many individuals. There’s no real leadership to pull the pact together unlike how dc who has madden and jigsaw while ad has either demi or addie.
    At one point, masher was looking like the leader of ep’s score guilds but then it just kind of fell apart after a while.
    As much as I like AC, I personally wouldn’t rally behind him. I’ll still run with him every so often but I have no real attachment and from what I hear, people are pissed at him so I doubt anyone besides his guild will follow him.
    Zero is okay but no one is going to listen to him mainly because he plays all three factions...(which is stupid because they will still rally behind gooch and his goochlings)
    Bad kid is okay but he just Zergs and kind of became irrelevant a long time ago. Ancient...well, need I say more?
    That leaves loyalty...no idea who their leader is tbh.
    Loki and the Blood Knights have kind of faded due to everyone playing other games or just busy irl.
    I guess ep just lacks a central figure to rally behind and I doubt one will show up anytime soon. Another issue is we’re still waaay behind in ball grouping. Everyone is still caught up thinking that you need 4 24man groups to do anything when I’m reality so long as you have 12 decent players who know how to properly play their roll, you can accomplish a lot of ***.
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭

Ep has too many individuals. There’s no real leadership to pull the pact together unlike how dc who has madden and jigsaw while ad has either demi or addie.
    At one point, masher was looking like the leader of ep’s score guilds but then it just kind of fell apart after a while.
    As much as I like AC, I personally wouldn’t rally behind him. I’ll still run with him every so often but I have no real attachment and from what I hear, people are pissed at him so I doubt anyone besides his guild will follow him.
    Zero is okay but no one is going to listen to him mainly because he plays all three factions...(which is stupid because they will still rally behind gooch and his goochlings)
    Bad kid is okay but he just Zergs and kind of became irrelevant a long time ago. Ancient...well, need I say more?
    Loki and the Blood Knights have kind of faded due to everyone playing other games or just busy irl.
    I guess ep just lacks a central figure to rally behind and I doubt one will show up anytime soon. Another issue is we’re still waaay behind in ball grouping. Everyone is still caught up thinking that you need 4 24man groups to do anything when I’m reality so long as you have 12 decent players who know how to properly play their roll, you can accomplish a lot of ***.
    Been busy with Real life stuff such as work and Losing weight considering I’m pre diabetic that’s more important than a game.
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Been busy with Real life stuff such as work and Losing weight considering I’m pre diabetic that’s more important than a game.

good for you loki...always a good bet to put good effort in to stuff in the "real" world - particularly your health...

I've had to do a recent adjustment to my diet...I just can't seem to consume stuff like pizza, chicken wings and ice cream like I once could...

I normally eat fairly well, but, would cheat a bunch on the weekends, sadly, my body just won't cooperate with that kind of behavior anymore...

I'm still active in vivec on both servers, but, I've been curtailing my game time lately to try to get an extra hour or so of sleep each day...
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

good for you loki...always a good bet to put good effort in to stuff in the "real" world - particularly your health...

I've had to do a recent adjustment to my diet...I just can't seem to consume stuff like pizza, chicken wings and ice cream like I once could...

I normally eat fairly well, but, would cheat a bunch on the weekends, sadly, my body just won't cooperate with that kind of behavior anymore...

I'm still active in vivec on both servers, but, I've been curtailing my game time lately to try to get an extra hour or so of sleep each day...

Nice I have lost 10 pounds in 3 months it was extremely hard to cut out soda milk and bread from my diet I haven’t craved a Coke in 2 months! I now eat mostly Meat Cheese and Drink a Zero suger Gatorade. I’m hoping to lose 3 to 5 pounds this month but we will see
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lokirules Good work man, keep it up!

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We’ve had our scroll missing for 3~4 days at a time. People do care, but it’s really hard to get em back sometimes.

There was a plan yesterday to lock up Blackfoot, bloodmayne and faergyl to get ours, but they changed minds at last second and tried to snatch AD defense scroll.

You well know that ended horribly bad for us with reds watching the map snatched our scroll from yellow while the AD swine wiped us at their scroll temple. It was mad fun though!
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    A few days into the new campaign, EP's #1 player on the leader board with a good lead over the #2 player was told loudly in zone chat by certain other players that they would never push for his Emperorship.

Now if you don't want to push for someone, that's your business and nobody should be able to tell you what to do. But the toxic sentiment in zone last night was just plain mean, and it led to this individual dropping out of the campaign. They weren't even salty about it. Just defeated, and they left with a "Good luck everyone"
    Follow up - The same player returned this campaign, and in spite of negative comments in zone chat, pushed his way to #1 and was crowned Emp this weekend. 3 hours later, there was only one keep in Vivec that wasn't red, and EP had all 6 scrolls.

Short lived of course, but I smiled a little when I logged on and saw that. Good for him.
    PS4NA
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭

Nice I have lost 10 pounds in 3 months it was extremely hard to cut out soda milk and bread from my diet I haven’t craved a Coke in 2 months! I now eat mostly Meat Cheese and Drink a Zero suger Gatorade. I’m hoping to lose 3 to 5 pounds this month but we will see

@Lokirules I was diabetic since 1994. Had an insulin pump. Kidneys started failing. Gall bladder removed. Was advised to get Gastric Bypass even though I was only 250lbs and BMI 38. Had to gain weight to get approved for the surgery. Required BMI 40. Got surgery last October. Now I'm down to 190lbs and NOT diabetic anymore. No more insulin pump or oral meds. Kidneys getting better.

Glad you're getting it done before you get worse.

Been back in Vivec this past weekend to get my toons to Tier 1 since I spent all my Transmute crystals on new dungeon sets. Good fun!
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on March 6, 2019 5:36PM
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly, I've always enjoyed reading, watching tv, and playing video games a lot...

at work I sit behind a desk for most of the day...needless to say my lifestyle is fairly sedentary...

kind of sad but true, the door to my home is about a half a mile from the door to my office, and, I still drive to work...

not exactly the healthiest way to live...I've worked very hard to make my life comfortable and somewhat isolated (although I still seem to spend a lot of time around other folks anyway :# )...

my biggest challenge in life now is not succumbing to too much complacency and comfort...

I've stopped playing in vivec EU during the weekdays, just not much movement on the map...over in vivec NA I'll probably stay yellow for a while - particularly as long as DC controls the map...just not much fun piling on with all the other blue players...

been missing my EP guys more and more lately...my primary healer is red, and, I've really learned to enjoy playing a healer in pvp...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 6, 2019 9:05PM
  • rothtwinsdad
    rothtwinsdad
    ✭✭
    Switched to Vivec from Shor 2 months ago and have been having great fun. The map is constantly changing and action is easy to find. I mostly solo or play in a 4 man group, usually green baring it. I have new character (magden) that I really enjoy playing much more than my stamden. DC for life, have an AD dk and EP magblade just for pve. I try to stay out of the drama and just enjoy the game.
    PS4/NA
    Ace Ventura: Magsorc pve dps
    Bodacious Brutality: Stamblade pve dps
    Freezer Pops: Magden pvp DC
    Nature Boy: Stamden pvp DC
    Tramp Stampler: Magplar pve dps
    Sargent Slaughterfish: Magblade
    Unbreakable: Stampler pvp DC
    Combustible: DK pve tank
    Romancing The Bone: Stamcro pve dps/tank
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try to stay out of the drama and just enjoy the game.

shoot, that's some wise advice that even goes beyond pvp eso...

some folks though, live for the drama...they're like energy/emotion vampires...

takes all kinds though, and, not everyone is wired the same...

it's taken a couple of years ( :)), but, yeah, seems like the tide of support has swung back over to DC's side of the map...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah night capping. lol
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    I was out in cyro the other day and I couldn’t believe the amount of people zerging. I go to a keep, kill one or two people, get zerged down. Go to another keep, take a resource, a Zerg comes to take it back. Finally I ended up just grouping up with some buddies and then starting whooping ass.

I have to say, ever since I decided to try out going solo, you start to realize how hard it is to do when you’re constantly getting zerged down. At that point it’s pretty much seeing how many people you can kill before getting zerged down by 30 blues or 50 yellows. What makes it worse is that you’ll occasionally come across a Zerg with 40 different bombers, 200 healers, and more warden spin to win builds than the entire population of China and India Combined!

It’s also made me realize there are a lot of unspoken rules in cyro with the main one being if you find another solo player of a different faction, you don’t attack them and that if you come across someone out numbered and you see them struggling, regardless of which faction they are, you help them out.
    W

There was one time at Allessia where there was legit about 7 different solo players at a few different spots along the walls. Each of us claimed a spot and stayed within it. There was a few reds, a couple blues and a yellow or two all doing our best to kill whomever came to our spot. I’m sure there was a lot of angry “purple alliance, green alliance, orange alliance” talk in the different zone chats. Lol

Solo play does have it benefits though! It makes zone chat that much better! Especially when a few select players, those who are of the old breed, start ranting on about people who play on multiple factions after there’s pics of them on a different faction and then complain about how toxic zonechat has become. Well when you weren’t around, zone chat was relatively peaceful. I don’t think I’ll ever Understand how zone chat politics works! But what really makes my day is when people try calling me an AP leech when I come at the last second for the capture. It’s like, calm down, Susie. I’m not trying to take your place on the leaderboards, I’m just here to get that dmg buff. 😂
    Edited by NightAngel690 on March 11, 2019 5:05PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great read night angel :)

I do a little more grouping up on the EU server, and, you are 100% correct about the difference in gameplay experience between running solo and being a part of a group (even a group made up of randoms)...

the experience actually changes even more so depending on the particular class, weapon choice and playstyle for that character...

no doubt when I'm playing a healer I really prefer to play around others, when I'm on a nightblade - it doesn't really matter that much to me...

I don't really like being out on my complete own with either my stam or mag sorcerers...they just work better for me in groups...

my "tankish" type characters like my stam dk or stamplar, are fine to go roaming around cyrodiil on their own...

yeah, I've seen those AP leech comments before - but, considering the sheer volume of players I'll normally resurrect while playing (plus the fact I repair walls and doors) - i don't really pay much attention to it...

i really wish there was some kind of achievement for rezzing, or, even if they made it worth 500 ap instead of 50 - I know everyone would abuse the heck out of that, but, it would definitely help me to rank up faster :p

shoot, I also wish the npcs in cyro would grant more xp...it's taking me quite some time to level my 5 EU toons...I'm still only around level 35 and 36 on each...

looking forward to the upcoming double xp event...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 11, 2019 9:44PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanj seems to have rallied the AD masses out of the wood work the last few days.
    Like everywhere we went thy appeared like magic.
    Edited by TequilaFire on March 11, 2019 7:17PM