The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• allup8679
    allup8679
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    3a9.gif

been reading a bunch about improved cyrodiil/pvp performance on the PC...

giphy.gif

It really is pretty nice. Still some lag and what not but no where near as
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    game keeps getting harder to log on and stay on....find myself mostly just conversing in zone chat...but ad zone chat is pretty lame in gh tbh.....feels like I need something drastic to happen to bring back the fun the game once provided for me.....or I just give all my gold and mats to some lucky rando and move on? or just give up on pvp and grind out more master anglers....decisions decisions lol

Yeah. Yesterday was the first day in 2 weeks that I logged on.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    allup8679 wrote: »
    3a9.gif

giphy.gif

game keeps getting harder to log on and stay on....find myself mostly just conversing in zone chat...but ad zone chat is pretty lame in gh tbh.....feels like I need something drastic to happen to bring back the fun the game once provided for me.....or I just give all my gold and mats to some lucky rando and move on? or just give up on pvp and grind out more master anglers....decisions decisions lol

I'm a pretty heavy PvP player, our guild is PvP oriented even but the last week or so, I've just been grinding out PvE things, doing quests, farming for achievements and cosmetic items because of how atrocious the PvP performance has been lately. Oddly enough, I'm finding my love for the PvE side of ESO again which is nice, lol
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »
    3a9.gif

giphy.gif

I'm a pretty heavy PvP player, our guild is PvP oriented even but the last week or so, I've just been grinding out PvE things, doing quests, farming for achievements and cosmetic items because of how atrocious the PvP performance has been lately. Oddly enough, I'm finding my love for the PvE side of ESO again which is nice, lol

@xFocused Going for the true endgame of titles? the op-iest of the og-iest of titles? The one that strikes the most fear and garners the most respect? I am of course talking about Master Angler
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    3a9.gif

giphy.gif

@xFocused Going for the true endgame of titles? the op-iest of the og-iest of titles? The one that strikes the most fear and garners the most respect? I am of course talking about Master Angler

Lol I actually never fish in this game and I've been playing since release. Guess I need to give it a go
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3a9.gif

giphy.gif

Lol I actually never fish in this game and I've been playing since release. Guess I need to give it a go

lol, I got forced into fishing after a murder spree in an inn early on in game....had like a 35k bounty but no gold so I began fishing and pvping, it was literally all I did in game for a long time. It's how I ended up with three 5 star master anglers prior to the UA being added. You can make a good bit of gold doing and it's way easier to get the zones cleared with all the changes the made since launch..hell hit me up if you want to when you do fish...maybe it is something that can actually make me not hate the game like I do currently

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some how, some way - actually finished getting to tier 3 with my EU toons...

it definitely helped that every time we weren't gated we were getting the low pop bonus...today we actually had it rolling...it was awesome...

got a 109k AP d-tic at d-claw, that was pretty cool...

oh yeah, if you're around here DTR - howdy :)

had a nice talk in zone chat discussing the difference with the EU and NA servers for DC...

despite the ridiculous score on the EU server, it's been a good campaign on both servers this last month...finally got back to doing some gear and rotation changes...switching things up occasionally helps keep play interesting...

don't wanna jinx nothing - but, no major performance issues lately
    giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ecd1cdca773f278ead0fb675280f1d354a21fb25&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    Edited by geonsocal on January 22, 2023 7:15PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i wasn't so egregiously anti-social i'd say we need a cross server guild - all alliances...

just to help folks looking to start on a new server, for whatever reason...even though i mostly just hang out in cyrodiil, i have accumulated a bunch of stuff...

i did the guild trader thing for some years starting out on the NA server, on the EU server i only sold a few items early on, but, despite that - i still have a bunch of stuff on both servers...

i do got a guild thing, i'm kind of embarrassed to say the name - geo's cyrodiilic keepsakes - yeah, so that's a real thing...that might be a way though to help folks - like you @Lebkuchen - make a new start on a new server...

for folks with a focus on spending a bunch of time in cyrodiil...
    GlaringExcellentGreatdane-max-1mb.gif

:)
    Edited by geonsocal on January 22, 2023 7:13PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    finishing up playing on the EU server...yay, we weren't gated...

got to play against the AD emp, dutch...this brawling nightblade who wouldn't die and was hitting crazy hard...

ran into them at carmala and winter's post...siege wasn't really even bothering them and the few players they had with them...

to their credit, they had a good build and a sharp rotation...

I didn't try the cold-fire ballista...it was small scale, and using the cold-fire seemed a little desperate...

I was playing a nord necro mag with dark convergence, heavy julianos, damage monster piece, and oakensoul...

I couldn't catch then with grave robber or that glacial goliath thing...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 28, 2023 6:04PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy everyone - woo hoo, EU Grey Host is active once again...

so happy...

have almost everyone sitting at tier 3 across both servers...recent gear and rotation changes are going well...

the blinding flare and oakensoul combo (major and minor protection) seem to be working like a charm on some of my squishier toons...

it's tough, on some toons that leaves me with only 2 offensive skills, but it gives me a lot more freedom to fight more aggressively (where the fun is at :) )...

next up I think I'll set up a toon on each server with some kind of de-buff and defile focus...haven't done that in a while...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 12, 2023 4:35PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ended up using my magplar and dark flare to proc major defile, also using affliction for minor defile and enervating aura for resource pool debuff...

I actually did okay in a 1 v 1 with this set up...really using it though for when there's more players on the screen fighting...

hmmmmm, may also need to craft some resource poison glyphs...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 13, 2023 10:19PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy my fellow cyro enthusiasts...hope all is well for you...

got everyone to tier 3 on both servers...right now playing my EU necro mag and NA magplar the most...

both toons do well in the cryodiil environment...

was actually amazed yesterday to see the EU zone chat get a little weird and crazy, usually that just happens on the NA server...

blocked my first player over there on the EU server, someone just kept wanting to talk real world politics and war stuff - no thanks, plenty of other places to discuss that kind of stuff...

ha, I play in cyroduil to get a break from the real world...

from memory - I don't think the EU server has a close campaign (again), but, at least as a covenant player we're not gated all the time this campaign - that's a really nice change...

NA has remained a close, competitive campaign (as it has for at least a year or so now)...

have fun folks - if you see me out there, try to say hi :)
    Edited by geonsocal on February 18, 2023 6:41PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1217073fafcd27e6a0e3c15753b16ece68a10fc4.gif

I MUST REPORT!!!

NA GREY HOST - 3 DAYS TILL THE CAMPIAGN ENDS - ALL THREE ALLIANCES WITHIN 700 POINTS...

if you have a playstation, if you play the elder scrolls online, if you enjoy playing in cyrodiil - i myself do not give a hoot as to what color you wear, you probably should have fighting toons on both servers...

it's only hard for the first few years :p

actually, these days, that's not really true, you can fill out fairly quickly i imagine if it's worth it to you financially...you could probably grind out some decent fighting toons in less than a year...

anyway, cyrodiil has been fun today...was gated on the EU server...the NA server has been pretty lively...you have to be careful if too many folks start showing up on your screen though...

right now playing my NA orc stamplar - i put him in 5 pc automaton, 5 pc spriggans, 1 pc oakensoul, 1 heavy pc balorgh...had this one nightblade tearing me up pretty good, finally had to take off living dark and replace it with blinding flare...that helped a bunch...initially was trying to counter with just bombard, wasn't enough, i'm too squishy in all this medium...may need to add some sturdy traits to the build...

plenty of folks around so i'm using the werewolf ultimate...i played this toon as a tank for so many years, it's taking me a while to remember to stay more mobile...right now leveling a bow, after that i'll level dual wield for the build...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 21, 2023 5:11AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay, I know a lot of you NA players don't really have such a great reason to start up on the EU server - but here's one:

the Playstation EU hardware is supposed to be replaced/refreshed/change out the hamsters/whatever months before they "improve" the situation on the NA side...

yeah...
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    I would definitely encourage people on both servers to give the 'other' server a try. Seen quite a few EU players on NA this campaign already. Interesting to see people tend to stick to the same alliance on both servers.

NA has been lots of fun this month with all 3 alliances playing for the scoreboard. We don't really get that on EU, usually one team runs away with the lead after the first week.

I don't think anyone's going to catch DC on NA before the campaign ends, but I know reds are still trying :)
    Ps4 EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been at that point in the game now for a while where i don't automatically fight everyone i come across...particularly solo siegers...i just like burning their siege...

a few times i've got in to some epic siege burning matches with some folks...last night burned several ballistas outside the back wall of brindle...finally had to disengage when a bunch of their allies showed...

they didn't really attack me, i didn't really attack them, i just kept burning, they kept repairing and trying to fire...went on like that for a few minutes - it was a blast :)
    Edited by geonsocal on February 23, 2023 6:25AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spent most of the weekend on the EU server...finished today on my altmer magblade...

the last year or so he's worn: war maiden, calurrion's legacy, spinners, order's wrath, vicious death, lots of light armor...finally got tired of being so squishy all the time...

by far the most fun i've had as a nightblade is playing a brawler - my favorite was this infused oblivion damage build...it was great...

put on mara's balm and dark convergence, wearing a light plus magicka monster guise and oakensoul...plus went and bought the psijic skill line...

i'm gonna use time stop as much as possible...i might just go with the resto staff too...

time stop, eye of storm/soul assault/soul tether, swallow soul, cloak, concealed weapon/wall of elements, light attack, combat prayer, take potion, cloak away if necessary, repeat...a lot more fun than running away all the time :#
    Edited by geonsocal on February 28, 2023 5:56AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it would seem I may have hit some kind of breaking point - finally got fed up with feeling so squishy with my toons wearing 5 or more pieces of either light or medium...

just added mara's balm to my magblades and one of my mag sorc's...will probably also switch up my stam sorc...

it's super hard for me to burst a lot of players down anyway when I'm set up as a glass cannon...

gonna just focus on drawing out 1 v 1's and hope I catch someone make a mistake with their sustain...

he'll, I'd rather fight to a draw than get mowed down in all these "all damage" setups I have in place on a bunch of my toons...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    getting ready to put a toon in Rallying Cry and Mara's balm, because - why not...

my NA stamblade (currently in automaton and spriggans) might be a good candidate...

pretty sure I'm gonna go with an imperial hybrid arcanist once it opens up...

seems like zos is on a roll with pushing out new cyrodiil focused gear sets...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh, and there's like a plague of dragonknights out there in cyrodiil right now...

so says the player with wardens and necromancers...
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad this patch broke some core mechanics of combat.....yay fun......

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to try logging in to the NA server 5 or 6 times before it'll work...

haven't had trouble accessing the EU server though...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad this patch broke some core mechanics of combat.....yay fun......

performance is such a mess out there almost all the time - it's hard sometimes to tell what's working or not...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on my EU altmer magblade I slotted all psijic abilities, using a resto staff, wearing oakensoul, war maiden, mara's balm and 1 pc of some monster gear...

I'm having a blast...doing damage with light attacks and elemental weapon, race against time is super useful, time freeze is super annoying for folks to have to deal with over and over ...

introspection looks cool :)

getting used to undo and mend wounds...

not sure what my NA redguard vamp stamblade is wearing, but maybe knight slayer and the new shell splitter would pair well together with a 2 handed weapon...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 9, 2023 8:50AM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peacatcher wrote: »
    I would definitely encourage people on both servers to give the 'other' server a try. Seen quite a few EU players on NA this campaign already. Interesting to see people tend to stick to the same alliance on both servers.

NA has been lots of fun this month with all 3 alliances playing for the scoreboard. We don't really get that on EU, usually one team runs away with the lead after the first week.

I don't think anyone's going to catch DC on NA before the campaign ends, but I know reds are still trying :)

Little late reply but I would like to play EU but the problem is having no gear and no starting point really. Tragic you can't transfer accounts in between servers, but not having any gear would suck. Also I would miss having 18 characters as well and no classes to switch between
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xDeusEJRx ...

hi, if you'd like, hit me up on the EU server if you do get started...I can definitely help out with resources...

honestly, it's pretty easy to level up a toon these days...

more to the point though - I've found a really good player vibe on the EU server...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy cow but there's a whole lot of EP out there in the NA Gray Host map at night...

like a lot alot :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another campaign in the books...

let's see, I think I'm at like 84 month long campaigns I been in...

I think my first was around September 2015...

wow, crazy to think I'll have an 8 year old toon this july...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, so much for the new servers, server upgrade, whatever it was that happened...

was playing EU gray host...after the 3rd or 4th disconnect...finally had enough...

a couple of times got stuck in combat for a long time and had to run between keeps...

too much, too annoying...time to go do other stuff...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems if you play solo, you either have to be incredibly mobile or tanky as heck...not much middle ground in between...

DK's and wardens continue to be the most effective...

Sorcerers and nightblades are the most fun for me right now though...

man, wish I could endure through some arena stuff...those weapons are nice...

it's gonna be really hard to move me off of a one bar minimum buff oakensoul build...

for myself it's made playing multiple builds within a short period of time very possible...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still playing...alternating between servers and toons...

lately been playing my necro mag and stamplar a bunch...

haven't really taken a close look at the new acarnist class...going to bring them in on the EU server...thinking an imperial...

in the past I would have created a stam and mag version, but, think I'll create just one and keep them flexible...

oh man, I know everyone's gonna have some young toons in cyrodiil - I can't wait though to fight my level 20 something toon with primo gear and combat scaling...

it's been a long time since I fought with a sub 50 toon - it's such a blast, really easy to catch people off guard, draw them in to bad positions...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 23, 2023 1:46AM