The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Official Discussion Thread for Dueling

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for dueling. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Were you able to easily figure out how to duel against another player?
  • Did you get into any situations where the duel was cancelled or interrupted without any notification?
  • Did you run into any situations that seemed strange or disruptive while dueling? If so, what were you doing at the time?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it looks like while dueling you can get healed/shielded/buffed by another player who is not involved in the duel. For obvious reasons, this definitely needs to be addressed before the update hits live @ZOS_GinaBruno.
  • D3x
    D3x
    ✭✭
    dueling with a friend, another friend standing next to us and he puts on igneous shield and we both get the shield buff
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the fence about this for one dueling is a great idea on the other hand its going to expose just how badly the class balance in this game really is expect a 100% increase in buff and nerf threads soon
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the countdown for the duel ends and the duel starts, the battle spirit buff is applied, leaving players at 80%-ish health when the fight starts. Please apply the battle spirit buff at the beginning of the countdown.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kollopi needs to be removed when a duel is initiated, like it is when you enter Cyrodiil.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Cryodill Health buff needs to apply during the start of the count-down of the duel. It seem's to be kicking in late.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dueling should drop ultimate to zero for each player and max all attributes if below 100% upon accepting duel.
    Edited by Dominoid on September 3, 2016 3:16AM
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we make it so ultimate abilities on start of duels are reset to zero, to avoid instant ult dumping.
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Dueling should drop ultimate to zero for each player and max all attributes if below 100% upon accepting duel.

This 100%

Otherwise no one is going to start a duel unless they've got an ultimate fully loaded.

Not all ultimates are equal in strength, and their cost reflects this. If someone wants to use their super-powerful ultimate; they need to earn it.
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    Although I agree there is a problem when people can ult bomb off the bat... starting at 0 means players with access to useful cheap ultimates will always get the first chance to burst.

Stamblades vs sorc for example... I can't even access my Overload bar in the time they can charge an Incap Strike.

Maybe make a ult delay timer? I don't know... but the 0 ultimate thing just benefits the player with the lowest ult cost.

(Obviously this only really matters in the dueling situation)
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me if pve dueling have any rewards?
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    I think you get achievements... but as far as that, I don't think so. Could be wrong though.
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of new players will be discoraged. They won't understand why they always lose every duel even though they are scaled the the "same" level.
    Imagine being challenged several times a day and never winning once for 6 months, lol.

The default setting should be "off" for new players until they figure out the gui.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    I'm on the fence about this for one dueling is a great idea on the other hand its going to expose just how badly the class balance in this game really is expect a 100% increase in buff and nerf threads soon

Dueling will expose "balance" only in the context of 1v1. Builds and classes focusing on group play, or siperior against multiple enemies wont see their syrengths in dueling.

So, depending on how important you consider one-on-one to the gameplay in eso will go a long wsy towards how importsnt you feel the "dueling balance results" are.

Unfortunately, it may well be that over time "dueling results" become a serious driving force in "balance design" out of proportion to the time spent in one-on-one in the actual gameplay.

As an example, reapers mark" is very useful in pve because not only for its debuff but for the heal on kill helping you outlast swarms of enemies. In duels... not so much.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »

I mean...we (the dueling community) have been complaining about imbalance for a very long time. What boat did you miss? Legend and Mighty communities are both completely disinterested in 1v1 duels right now. It's been that way since last fall.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so the duel can just happen anywhere in PvE?
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dueling in towns should not be allowed or illegal incurring a high bounty and making guards attack you instantly.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling in towns should not be allowed or illegal incurring a high bounty and making guards attack you instantly.
    Yes, this is going to be idiotic.
  • JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭
    OK so dueling isn't my thing but I respect that for other people it's an important addition to the game,

Dueling Requests
    I've set my character to auto decline however I'm constantly getting "Request Declined" popping up in the top left of my screen. It's really annoying, could you please do something about this, any of the following be acceptable.
    1. Stop it popping up.
    2. Block other players from making the request in the first place.
    3. Allow a player to decline with a suitably gracious message, such as "Thank you, but I'm not interested" or in my case
    "NO, F*** Off".

Dueling Locations
    At the moment I'm by the wayshrine in Belkarth, Craglorn and it's like the 3rd world war. You can't even go into the enchanters and make glyphs without fireballs flying past your ear. I know dueling is a new thing and people are excited but dueling shouldn't be allowed in towns. This will certainly ruin the game for me if it isn't changed, after all there is a big open world out there for them to duel in..
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    561 cp please
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This doesn't make much sense to me. Dueling is most likely to take place where multiple players congregrate... which is in towns. I just spent 15 minutes dueling in Rawlkha, and the only reason it was possible is because there were lots of players standing around waiting to duel.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling should be ban inside city limits. It causes lag, hard to hear and stay focus on NPC's dialog, random NPC's death, and does not help RP play style. All dueling should be outside of the city gates. I made a poll to talk about this in more detail.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling should turn off attacking NPCs or guards by accident . My first duels in town agrod guards and NPCs .
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling should turn off attacking NPCs or guards by accident . My first duels in town agrod guards and NPCs .

I disagree, if attack a NPC or a guard the player will get at least double bounty if not more. We want to discourage people to duel in towns. They make towns a mess in game.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah a duelling thread. Good good.

Khajiit will link the videos she took earlier for those who have not yet been able to experience these in the game.

This one she found them most entertaining to watch but wonders if they might be disruptive to the activities of others?

Perhaps an arena or two in the wilderness where people may go if they choose - perhaps even a scenic ruin of the right shape - and where Khajiit can find a ready supply of popcorn and booze yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Edit: This one would also note that it is not uncommon for the game to freeze and for this one to get booted out of Tamriel whist she is watching the duels. A couple of the videos they show this. Especially the 5th one which this one is uploading now.
    Edited by SantieClaws on September 3, 2016 4:44PM
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • flintstone
    flintstone
    ✭✭✭
    I watched a bit of it going on in town.....fun to watch. It strikes me as very one sided though, pvp players with pvp armor and skills looking for a sucker pve build to destroy (pve builds don't stand a chance). Probably a good ego booster for people with pvp builds that aren't very good at pvp (-:

Of course it's early, and this is something new and fun. It will be interesting to watch how it plays out (I like it so far!)

I don't expect it will last in towns?

• Blends
    Blends
    I was dueling in Alik'r Desert, then switched toons and went back to the same area. On the map there was the battle icon that there is in Cyro for a while, the one with 2 swords with the different alliance colors on it. I mentioned it in zone chat and someone else said they didn't see it. When i opened my map back up, it was gone
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This doesn't make much sense to me. Dueling is most likely to take place where multiple players congregrate... which is in towns. I just spent 15 minutes dueling in Rawlkha, and the only reason it was possible is because there were lots of players standing around waiting to duel.
    That's one of the reasons why they need to make duel arenas. Duel arenas would also prevent conflicts between PvErs and PvPers. Last night, I saw someone trolling someone else just because he/she didn't wanna duel. I knew this kinda stuff would happen and it's not even live yet. The last reason why they should keep dueling in duel arenas is because you can already see duels pretty much everywhere you go on the PTS so imagine when it's gonna go live. I enjoy dueling but when I wanna PvE, I wanna PvE, I don't wanna see duels everywhere I go. Yes, it's immersion breaking.
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to standing around in my carebear suit with my shiny Hero of Wrothgar title, so I can wreck challengers who think I must primarily PVE. >:)

I think dueling anywhere in Tamriel is a great addition to the game. It adds a whole new level of immersion to ESO.
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please Build Dueling friendly arenas just outside some cities. 1 per alliance should be enought.

Or an arena inside the city itself.

Redguards, Nords and Khajiits zones seems the best choices for that.

A "Awesome" should be somme applause and commentators like in DSA.
    Edited by Ayantir on September 3, 2016 7:36PM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil