Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667080
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 9, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667081

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• kit_sune
    kit_sune
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone's Favorite Fox
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, 377 pages.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    road to 1,000.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »
    Wow, 377 pages.

You should read them all. Pretty juicy.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    Talk about faction stack.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know what you are talking about.

https://imgur.com/a/KtuVM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had my first PVP in this campaign about a year ago. I mainly remember getting yelled at by Sora and zerging the map with Saber and the rest of PUGz. It took me a long while to git anything close to gud, but I stuck with it in large part because most people in the campaign seemed to be so positive and sportsmanly, even when they were handing me losses (which happened a lot).

I know this campaign has seen its share of acrimony, but thanks for keeping it classy while I was around, everyone. It's one of the main reasons I stuck with the game.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    I love seeing Vet players issue threats in the lowbie campaign. I love knowing that some people are this consumed by a video game. I want to feel sorry for you. But I can't.

Omg this sums up Kyne so well. It’s for lowbies to try out gear and builds, but they INCESSANTLY whine if you play more than one faction because you didn’t buy anthe any alliance upgrade and pick one faction when you bought the game. Then they launch smear campaigns, and generally act like they are in middle school. People who resort to character assassination ruin this for more people than macros do. I’m sorry but Im not deleting my characters I’ve been leveling crafting, horses, banks space etc. for somebodies insecurities and paranoia.

Issuing threats like that is usually done on the part of socially awkward people, they have no tact so they have these guilds that burn out or implode in a few months. Then you find out that they are in fact adults, or supposed to be adults, and like you said, you just can’t feel sorry for them.

I was accused of being a spy and it cracks me up. The rewards for all campaigns are trash so there virtually no incentive for it and it seems to me you’d just lose out on ap. The worst thing a spy can do is give away positiomns, which is annoying but doesn’t provide any real advantage. It’s really no different from being spotted by a scout. Basically it sets up a battle, that’s it. The last two times my group had a spy we wiped their co-conspirators at the ambush.

The other thing is weirdos stalking certain players and groups across the map. This guy berated me for starting to take a keep the other day because he wanted to camp the bridge like a creeper.

I’m told Vivec isn’t like this so it’s like this social virus in Kyne. I’ve of course come to terms with all this immaturity at this point and bought the alliance upgrade to play with my friends in AD, because they have proven to be the most mature and stable. I made friends in all factions but it’s no fun to play by yourself or get berated for playing for points instead of pride because some narcissist wants to make stuff up about you.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean if you are in DC with an AA tabard, don't expect a warm welcome. Especially when, coincidence or not, every keep we show up to when you are in the group has a scout on it or the whole party waiting in stealth on porch. I agree some people get paranoid, but it isnt too hard to figure out why anyone would drop you when that is the case.

As an aside, about playing for points: can EP, like, get a grip and start trying to dethrone AD and attacking AD when they are a 1000 points ahead with a constant pop advantage? Having 8ish wannabe 1vXers at Aleswell farm, sieging the keep while AD keeps their morning emp indefinitely because we keep having to send people to wipe em is getting old.

Edited by gabriebe on March 2, 2018 3:38AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    I mean if you are in DC with an AA tabard, don't expect a warm welcome.

James Bond they ain't.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gbnicholson1 it's worse than you think. I have never seen a group of people who "play how the want" get so toxic when other people "play how they want". It's ridiculously stupid and childish. Shame on you if you are friendly to other people.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • basement_ghost
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    Sreja_Bone wrote: »
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Sreja_Bone wrote: »
    I still blame the guild of the Yellow Summer (and fall). Made pvp completely unenjoyable, in my opinion, and I've not returned in any significant way since. I was one of those new, unguilded folks running with a couple of friends. Had a blast right up until the Imperium decided they were gonna run the table all day, every day. Only real accomplishment there was upping the toxicity to unbearable levels. BwB had a really great community right until then, experienced players, guilds, and all.
    Now....not so much.

Ya that guild hurt me and many others. I cried and quit playing PvP for 3 months. That is why I think population balance is the key to having a great campaign. I think another thing that people fail to understand is that many people don't stay in Kyne . There is going to be less new players joining Kyne as time goes by.
    Heheheh, as a longtime member of team banana, a positive quote from Lady Emily leaves me feeling a bit conflicted and somewhat fouled (just joshing you, Em :wink: .)
    I do, however, want to say that GoNB and Pugz were positive forces in that time in my pvp experience rather than negative. As a small group trying to do diversions or break travel lines, we could always tell we were doing the right thing when Night Bladers showed up to help or Pugz showed up to stomp on us. Same held true when we moved to EP to try to help break the stranglehold; if anyone from those guilds showed up to smack us down, we knew we were at least making a little difference.

Stridig, Deadly, Wolf, Adenoma, and Basement Ghost did a great job making four newbs feel like allies and respected foes. I do miss those days.

Oh my, basement ghost... that's a name I haven't heard in a while..

who even is that
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stridig , tell me about it.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Omg this sums up Kyne so well. It’s for lowbies to try out gear and builds, but they INCESSANTLY whine if you play more than one faction because you didn’t buy anthe any alliance upgrade and pick one faction when you bought the game. Then they launch smear campaigns, and generally act like they are in middle school. People who resort to character assassination ruin this for more people than macros do. I’m sorry but Im not deleting my characters I’ve been leveling crafting, horses, banks space etc. for somebodies insecurities and paranoia.

Issuing threats like that is usually done on the part of socially awkward people, they have no tact so they have these guilds that burn out or implode in a few months. Then you find out that they are in fact adults, or supposed to be adults, and like you said, you just can’t feel sorry for them.

I was accused of being a spy and it cracks me up. The rewards for all campaigns are trash so there virtually no incentive for it and it seems to me you’d just lose out on ap. The worst thing a spy can do is give away positiomns, which is annoying but doesn’t provide any real advantage. It’s really no different from being spotted by a scout. Basically it sets up a battle, that’s it. The last two times my group had a spy we wiped their co-conspirators at the ambush.

The other thing is weirdos stalking certain players and groups across the map. This guy berated me for starting to take a keep the other day because he wanted to camp the bridge like a creeper.

I’m told Vivec isn’t like this so it’s like this social virus in Kyne. I’ve of course come to terms with all this immaturity at this point and bought the alliance upgrade to play with my friends in AD, because they have proven to be the most mature and stable. I made friends in all factions but it’s no fun to play by yourself or get berated for playing for points instead of pride because some narcissist wants to make stuff up about you.

I don't really know @Itsnotarealwar and Stridig's history so I can't comment on that, and I'm not going to try to justify threats or anything that goes to 'character assasination'. Someone getting mad because you rendered their gank spot worthless is beyond silly.
    I also agree that the end campaign rewards are not particularly significant and it's not why I play the map.

But at the same time: In Kyne, I play for DC with Thirteen Wolves. Noone has asked me to delete any characters on other alliances, it was just made clear at the beginning that I shouldn't play on other alliances in Kyne. I have no idea who was asking you to delete characters or if that's just exaggeration. Actually the only PvP guilds that I've seen that don't want you to have any off-alliance characters are Vivec guilds.
    As far as playing multiple alliances in one campaign: Come on, there's multiple threads active asking for faction lock for campaigns. It should be strikingly obvious that playing multiple alliances during the course of one campaign is not universally accepted, whether it's Kyne or Vivec or any other campaign. And yes, people on other campaigns can also be suspicious as well, that's hardly Kyne specific either.
    I play one faction and the map in Kyne, even though I think the campaign rewards aren't worth sweating over, because I enjoy the feeling of teamwork, trying to accomplish things with my guildies together. Campaign score to me is a Macguffin, something we chase without it being important whether we get there or not. That sense of teamwork is horribly undermined when people in the group don't share that goal. I don't personally care if people play multiple alliances or not, but don't be surprised if you aren't welcome in a lot of groups when you do. This really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who has ever done any competitive team work in almost any setting.

I wasn't there so I don't have any first hand knowledge of what was going on when you played DC side, but Gabe has struck me as fairly level headed, so I trust his judgment. And when you write this:
    The worst thing a spy can do is give away positiomns, which is annoying but doesn’t provide any real advantage. It’s really no different from being spotted by a scout. Basically it sets up a battle, that’s it. The last two times my group had a spy we wiped their co-conspirators at the ambush.
    It really sounds to me like you're just trying to rationalize and justify to yourself that spying isn't really bad, you were just setting up a battle. And of course its different from being spotted by a scout, and setting up a battle where one side knows what they're getting into and the other is just guessing is an advantage for sure. If my group gets spotted by a scout en-route to a back keep, the opposition usually has time to get there, but there's some guesswork about numbers and actual destination. Sometimes they'll get that wrong. If we get spotted at the actual keep, there's usually a limited time window before the keep flags, so the majority of the defense ends up riding from the nearby keep. All of that is nulled by someone spying.
  • Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    @kringled_1 my history is short. I started playing with AD during the double AP event. Met a couple people but ended up getting picked up by an EP guild and have been in EP ever since. @Stridig is my irl friend, crafts my gear for me and set up a computer for me at his house to teach me how to play. I play about once a month now as this is one of the most toxic communities I have ever seen and is a huge turn off. There is a brief history for you. Feel free to comment away. Everybody else does. Lol
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Itsnotarealwar , if you're on EP and see me on there give me a holler. I love playing with @Stridig and most of Guild of Night Blader has rolled an EP at this point. We'll have groups fairly often too.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @kringled_1 my history is short. I started playing with AD during the double AP event. Met a couple people but ended up getting picked up by an EP guild and have been in EP ever since. @Stridig is my irl friend, crafts my gear for me and set up a computer for me at his house to teach me how to play. I play about once a month now as this is one of the most toxic communities I have ever seen and is a huge turn off. There is a brief history for you. Feel free to comment away. Everybody else does. Lol

Only response I would have is that I don't find it anywhere near as toxic as you seem to, but that's likely so much a factor of personality, history, and background that it's not terribly meaningful.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be 100% honest, the server is so much more toxic than what I think are the "golden years" where we had active groups with folks like @Raknosh , and @Lahma .
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't there so I don't have any first hand knowledge of what was going on when you played DC side, but Gabe has struck me as fairly level headed, so I trust his judgment. And when you write this:
    The worst thing a spy can do is give away positiomns, which is annoying but doesn’t provide any real advantage. It’s really no different from being spotted by a scout. Basically it sets up a battle, that’s it. The last two times my group had a spy we wiped their co-conspirators at the ambush.
    It really sounds to me like you're just trying to rationalize and justify to yourself that spying isn't really bad, you were just setting up a battle. And of course its different from being spotted by a scout, and setting up a battle where one side knows what they're getting into and the other is just guessing is an advantage for sure. If my group gets spotted by a scout en-route to a back keep, the opposition usually has time to get there, but there's some guesswork about numbers and actual destination. Sometimes they'll get that wrong. If we get spotted at the actual keep, there's usually a limited time window before the keep flags, so the majority of the defense ends up riding from the nearby keep. All of that is nulled by someone spying. [/quote]

I’m not saying spying isn’t an issue, it’s just not influential enough to change the outcome of the battle. And I have never given away positions. When I have caught a spy they aren’t someone who invested into the toons horses, leveling, gear, chatting in discord and riding with the group, etc. they are some lvl 10 that sits at base or the keep they want to attack to scout from inside. They don’t actually play, or if they do they do the bare minimum to infiltrate group chat. Of course it changes the dynamics of the battle like you said and provides an unfair advantage.

kringled_1 wrote: »

As far as playing multiple alliances in one campaign: Come on, there's multiple threads active asking for faction lock for campaigns. It should be strikingly obvious that playing multiple alliances during the course of one campaign is not universally accepted, whether it's Kyne or Vivec or any other campaign. And yes, people on other campaigns can also be suspicious as well, that's hardly Kyne specific either.
    I play one faction and the map in Kyne, even though I think the campaign rewards aren't worth sweating over, because I enjoy the feeling of teamwork, trying to accomplish things with my guildies together. Campaign score to me is a Macguffin, something we chase without it being important whether we get there or not. That sense of teamwork is horribly undermined when people in the group don't share that goal. I don't personally care if people play multiple alliances or not, but don't be surprised if you aren't welcome in a lot of groups when you do. This really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who has ever done any competitive team work in almost any setting.

See if you started researching traits, leveling crafting, feeding horses, etc. you no longer have the luxury of playing one faction in Kyne, and since it’s where I want to try out my builds, doing so in other campaigns isn’t really and option because I want balance, even in Sotha people have their gold cp gear on so it’s not the same. I want an alliance change token, I commented on one of those threads.

Edited by Gbnicholson1 on March 3, 2018 7:55PM
  • kit_sune
    kit_sune
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    To be 100% honest, the server is so much more toxic than what I think are the "golden years" where we had active groups with folks like @Raknosh , and @Lahma .

2015/16 were the best years of Blackwater Blade. Kyne is honestly just not a fun place to be in anymore, it's lackluster more than anything
    Everyone's Favorite Fox
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    I mean if you are in DC with an AA tabard, don't expect a warm welcome. Especially when, coincidence or not, every keep we show up to when you are in the group has a scout on it or the whole party waiting in stealth on porch. I agree some people get paranoid, but it isnt too hard to figure out why anyone would drop you when that is the case.

As an aside, about playing for points: can EP, like, get a grip and start trying to dethrone AD and attacking AD when they are a 1000 points ahead with a constant pop advantage? Having 8ish wannabe 1vXers at Aleswell farm, sieging the keep while AD keeps their morning emp indefinitely because we keep having to send people to wipe em is getting old.

I mean it depends on how predictable we are as well. They are gonna be at nik and roe when dc has emp. Alessia is usually protected too. If I remember correctly we took black boot and maybe even the other two trikeeps together with a late response from them that was only a few people, and I got *** for it from aa because we weren’t getting ep scrolls instead. Which is also another factor in my decision, all three factions have this attitude and forget people are trying out builds. Aa has been the most understanding about people playing the characters they want. Everybody seems to take it personally from time to time though, which is alien to me because I played fps before this and you could be on opposite teams and the same team every other game or so.

Also, AA has kicked people for spying for AD, and I mean for AD, not on AD. The guy that runs the website also doesn’t tolerate it. So if you do see it you can be fairly certain that they are not on fact a spy.

No other guild has an issue with being hated on like AA, and it’s not our fault we keep the guild populated with active players and train them. This is kind of exactly what I think of when I see notarealwar say vet players picking on newbies or whatever.

And like I said above, I’m all for an alliance change token. If vet campaigns are like this I’ll want that even more.

I also think people should try playing other factions and Kyne would be the place to do that. It’s nice to change scenery and not always see the map from the south, east, or west.
    Edited by Gbnicholson1 on March 3, 2018 8:07PM
  • PemPem
    PemPem
    ✭✭✭
    It's only toxic if you let some of the people here get to you ;)
    Just play how you want. Faction hop or just play one, you can do either of them without being mean to others :)
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    And I mean what are we supposed to do if we have default alliances and we’re in AA? Leave because it upsets people? I mean are people really that sensitive?
  • PemPem
    PemPem
    ✭✭✭
    @Gbnicholson1
    If the people you play with get mad about something so petty, maybe you should find others to play with :D
  • kit_sune
    kit_sune
    ✭✭✭
    @PemPem how do I agree and awesome ur posts?
    Everyone's Favorite Fox
  • PemPem
    PemPem
    ✭✭✭
    @kit_sune Be careful, if you find a way it might be considered an exploit and you'll get banned :o
  • Whomstdvely
    Whomstdvely
    Soul Shriven
    I love how he doesn’t name any names but they come out and Identify themselves immediately as immature and insecure.
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    I love how he doesn’t name any names but they come out and Identify themselves immediately as immature and insecure.

They are dc players I’m mostly thinking of ep, but like I said to some extent it’s people in every faction.
    Edited by Gbnicholson1 on March 3, 2018 8:34PM
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    PemPem wrote: »
    @Gbnicholson1
    If the people you play with get mad about something so petty, maybe you should find others to play with :D

More like another game to play.

• ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »

The majority of the time I played in BWB/Kyne, I felt like it was one of the least toxic communities in any online game I've ever played. It is really sad and disappointing to hear how much that has changed.
This discussion has been closed.