Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667080
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 9, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667081

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    You've tbagged me since the new year. I didn't PvP from around December 23rd to January 3rd and I have 100% been bagged by you on multiple occasions. It doesn't matter to me if you do or don't tbag people, but I'm 110% you have done that to me.

nope. you are confused like always. Pics or it did not happen. I've only seen you once in a farming group and didn't kill you.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse I understand the point you're making about new players getting dumped on by the soloists/small groups. I've been there (as part of a larger group being wiped by 1-3). I guess I consider it of lower significance because a) I have a bias towards campaign objectives (i.e. keeps/outposts) and a lot of those groups have low impact on that, b) because I fairly quickly learned that when I encounter one of those groups, it's usually more productive to bypass them and do something else, and c) that kind of crap happens in the vet campaigns as well. But yes, my personal opinion, a lot of those guys/girls should move on. I just don't know how you keep them out and still maintain people willing to organize groups and show people the ropes. And without that I think Kyne has even less chance of serving as a stepping stone for new to PvP players to move into the vet campaigns.

@Itsnotarealwar I may not have the new player perspective in the sense that I've been playing for almost a year, but I haven't been in Cyrodiil at all (other than the 'Welcome to Cyrodiil' mission) until December 2017 after the random dungeons event, so I'm pretty new to ESO PvP. I still found Kyne far easier to feel like I could contribute to faction goals than Vivec on my vet character (tried that after I started in Kyne on a different faction), even though I know that character/skills far better. And you can still be viable in Kyne with modest quality gear that's underleveled.
    I will not attempt to justify hate whispers, because I think it's crappy behavior in any online game.

@gabriebe Although I know what you mean I can't say I've ever seen it happen with the group I've been running with. I've seen us not help at one keep (often way out of the way) because the lead has decided that a different objective is more important); I've occasionally seen us not help randoms because it would mean losing surprise, but that's really again an issue of objective priority.

Personally, I'm there to learn, and to play with the group I've met. I don't intend to delete any characters that vet out, and I plan on maximizing my learning by playing classes that are new to me.

As a side note and at the risk of ruining her clearly cultivated reputation here, when I started in Kyne, I reached out to Emily because I'm in her dungeon guild. She took quite a bit of time to run with me, show me a lot of the basics on locations, siege, resources, etc.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily , I don't routinely screenshot things I don't really care about. I'm positive that it was you - that's okay. Go ahead and self-fashion any image you want on an Internet forum.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily , I don't routinely screenshot things I don't really care about. I'm positive that it was you - that's okay. Go ahead and self-fashion any image you want on an Internet forum.

I don't know when you play, but since the new year I haven't been in kyne before 8 p.m. est time. I'm sure that is past your bed time.

Funny you and a few others have to disagree with 100% of the things I say. Such trolls.

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played late. Anesthesia lets you sit there a lot.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've played late. Anesthesia lets you sit there a lot.

It really does't matter but there is another Emily that plays in DC. Not sure the full name but I think they maybe be a warden or a sorc which i don't play. I messaged them last week and said "I hope you are good because some will think you are me". Their response was "I am".

• Sreja_Bone
    Sreja_Bone
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Sreja_Bone wrote: »
    I still blame the guild of the Yellow Summer (and fall). Made pvp completely unenjoyable, in my opinion, and I've not returned in any significant way since. I was one of those new, unguilded folks running with a couple of friends. Had a blast right up until the Imperium decided they were gonna run the table all day, every day. Only real accomplishment there was upping the toxicity to unbearable levels. BwB had a really great community right until then, experienced players, guilds, and all.
    Now....not so much.

Ya that guild hurt me and many others. I cried and quit playing PvP for 3 months. That is why I think population balance is the key to having a great campaign. I think another thing that people fail to understand is that many people don't stay in Kyne . There is going to be less new players joining Kyne as time goes by.
    Heheheh, as a longtime member of team banana, a positive quote from Lady Emily leaves me feeling a bit conflicted and somewhat fouled (just joshing you, Em :wink: .)
    I do, however, want to say that GoNB and Pugz were positive forces in that time in my pvp experience rather than negative. As a small group trying to do diversions or break travel lines, we could always tell we were doing the right thing when Night Bladers showed up to help or Pugz showed up to stomp on us. Same held true when we moved to EP to try to help break the stranglehold; if anyone from those guilds showed up to smack us down, we knew we were at least making a little difference.

Stridig, Deadly, Wolf, Adenoma, and Basement Ghost did a great job making four newbs feel like allies and respected foes. I do miss those days.

• Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people in this thread have no idea what it's like to be a new player. @DeadlyRecluse is pretty spot on with the above comments. As a new player ( my /played is well under 100 hours ) the thing that turns me off the most is the groups of 2 and 3 people that kill whole groups. Seriously... get a life. There are some helpful people who do their best to explain certain situations but let's be honest, as a new player, if I have to learn advanced tactics to beat pro players in Kyne, there is no point in me being in Kyne. May as well move to a vet campaign.
    There is also the issue of pro Kyne players who like to tbag new players and send stupid git gud whispers. No fooling man. Thats why I'm in Kyne. For exactly that reason. Thats a huge turn off as a new player because it goes to show you the type of community we have here. It may not be everybody doing it but if they don't speak out against it they are guilty all the same. Kyne is not inviting to new players at all. I'm very fortunate to have watched a friend play for a long time before I started playing. I began with a good understanding of the game. I'm also fortunate that he crafts my gear for me. Without those two things going for me, Kyne would really be no different for a new player than any of the vet campaigns.
    I think it's pretty unfair for all you long time players to discuss what Kyne is like for a new player. You have no idea. Signed.... The new player who knows what it's like to be new.

Yeah I remember my 1st real pvp toon, magdk. Luckily I ran into Rak who became my friend and really helped me out alot. Then after a while I got the invite into pugz and from there my skill has gone from total scrub to a peasant, so overall I'm happy. But I do understand how rereroll players can be a good and a bad thing at the same time. I guess it's just if you're gonna reroll kyne go there to help people, and don't be total ***.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I felt sneaky today. To the DC I killed, I'm sorry - I tried to make it up to you by burning A LOT of AD FCs.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kyne AD does love their FCs.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And their vamp drain spam.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vamp drain is gonna be buffed big with the new interrupt changes. This might be gamebreaking for AD.

I fought three people plus our infamous vamp drain friend and literally had four vamp drains hit me at the same time. I was giggling.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, same, I was like a little red sun with all these blood rays around me. I do take a lot of pleasure bashing them every single time I can.

What's the interrupt change though? I read about the one where you can always interrupt rezzes now, but that's it.

Edited by gabriebe on January 25, 2018 9:32PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Successful interrupt locks caster out of that skill for a few seconds.

Cannot interrupt players with CC immunity (the exception being rezzes).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's an all around bad change. Going to have stam sorcs dark dealing in your face, magplars spamming dark flare, and jesus beam without being able to bash. Pvp is already full of cheesy douchebaggery, this will enhance the douchery to an all time high.
    Edited by TipsyDrow on January 26, 2018 9:50AM
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • AGGROxander_Hamilton
    Yeah but you can cancel drain and it still stun. Or are they fixing that?
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shh don't teach them any tricks. They already have twice our numbers most days, we don't want them to get good on top of it.

The traitor

• Razier
    Razier
    ✭✭✭

Delete delete delete delete delete.

Just like Conquistador whenever someone says something negative in their little AA discord. #SafeSpace
    Saint of Brindle
    Wu-Tang Clan
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
  • AGGROxander_Hamilton
    Razier wrote: »

Delete delete delete delete delete.

Just like Conquistador whenever someone says something negative in their little AA discord. #SafeSpace

If you would like you can talk to him in the cyrodiil hub chat discord, I believe he is there and I don’t moderate a good interchange of opinions.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

• Swaye
    Swaye
    ✭✭✭
    @TipsyDrow

I'm thrilled that you Emp'd. There are few things more satisfying than seeing another true DC emp. Paint it blue baby.

Emily, quit being so mean !

xoxo
    Edited by Swaye on January 27, 2018 2:52PM
    Swaye.
  • Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »
    It's an all around bad change. Going to have stam sorcs dark dealing in your face, magplars spamming dark flare, and jesus beam without being able to bash. Pvp is already full of cheesy douchebaggery, this will enhance the douchery to an all time high.

So like..... cheesy douchebaggery like.... veteran player's who PvE their way to Emp on a lowbie campaign. When nobody is around to defend. That kind of douchery? Or are we only talking about other people and the cheesy douchery THEY are responsible for?
  • Swaye
    Swaye
    ✭✭✭
    @Itsnotarealwar

Careful now or I'm going to think you like us. Actually I think when I take the vote amongst us, you belong to us now.

But seriously, you know some of us are in the Aussie time slot, work the US night shift or are just plain old insomniacs.

[snip]

Incase anyone is curious I just wear crafted gear, Kags and Seducer, yes its purple and my weapons are gold. That's how I CHOOSE to play.

And again @TipsyDrow thrilled you got Emp.

[Edit to remove bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 27, 2018 4:32PM
    Swaye.
  • Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    Swaye wrote: »
    @Itsnotarealwar

Careful now or I'm going to think you like us. Actually I think when I take the vote amongst us, you belong to us now.

But seriously, you know some of us are in the Aussie time slot, work the US night shift or are just plain old insomniacs.

[snip]

Incase anyone is curious I just wear crafted gear, Kags and Seducer, yes its purple and my weapons are gold. That's how I CHOOSE to play.

And again @TipsyDrow thrilled you got Emp.

[Edit to remove bait.]

I don't recall telling anybody how to play. And when I get "better" like most of you, I will get out of the beginner campaign. When that happens I certainly won't strut around talking all that nonsense to new players like all you "better" people do. By the way.... vet campaigns allow people from your "time slot" to play too. Unless you just like being "better" than new people. [snip]

[Edit to remove bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 27, 2018 4:34PM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless somebody CHOOSES to play with another alliance from time to time. Then you can tell them how to play all you want. Right?
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Swaye
    Swaye
    ✭✭✭
    @Stridig I was hoping you'd show up :)

This is my @swaye name. It's way past time you and had a chat in discord. You have that right? I simply cannot wait to talk to you in person.
    Swaye.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stridig I was hoping you'd show up :)

This is my @swaye name. It's way past time you and had a chat in discord. You have that right? I simply cannot wait to talk to you in person.

If I recall correctly, you would rather stab yourself in the eye?
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Swaye
    Swaye
    ✭✭✭
    True enough.

But I've softened lately or it could just be old age. I still disagree with faction swapping but in the one campaign.

I've made some nice friends lately....this is a stretch I know, what if you said "hello" to me?
    Swaye.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True enough.

But I've softened lately or it could just be old age. I still disagree with faction swapping but in the one campaign.

I've made some nice friends lately....this is a stretch I know, what if you said "hello" to me?

I sense some Daedric trickery here. I'm fairly certain neither one of us have anything of value to discuss with one another. I'm happy for you and your new friends though!
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Swaye
    Swaye
    ✭✭✭
    What a shame, I know you know might find this hard to believe but people like me.

You flip flop in the one campaign, we'll have a problem.

13 Wolves is the best Kyne DC guild I have ever been a proud member of.

But @Stridig should you grow a set, look me up :)
    Swaye.
This discussion has been closed.