The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Healer Stats

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crcraig wrote: »
    I'm gonna need someone to show me the secret code to making SPC gear drop with Infused on it. :wink:

down, down, up, up, left, right, left -- correct?!

You don't want infused. You want divines. And the thief mundas.

Ok, same question for Divines!

Honestly, for healing, dont worry too much about the traits. You should be running SPC even if it is all training and prosperous. For DPS, everyone wants divines because it is more damage. For healing, a lot of healers run the Atronach Mundus for regen, especially in trials, so divines doesnt matter as much. In our raid, I believe the healers generally subscribe to the old Meta of infused on big pieces and divines on small. Obviously Divines and infused are the two best for healing, but I wouldnt kill yourself trying to min/max every trait on a healer build (and this is coming from a min/maxer).

For a while it really mattered because the meta was that a healer was basically a DPS with a breath of Life, so everyone wanted divines to push their DPS. That meta doesnt hold any more. The healer has really become the utility role in end game stuff, so min/maxing your damage is not as important. It's far more important that you stay alive, buff your group, and help them manage their resources.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All due respect, I 100% disagree with the bold statement. The Healer set is garbage. It might be a passable sub until you get something better, but increasing your healing done by 8% is meaningless. Its the same with the new Argonian passive. Most people wildly over heal. A breath of life is going to top you off with or without the 8%. If you arent wearing a 5 piece set with a specific group benefit (SPC, Gossamer, Infal, Worm) then you are better off buffing magic, spell damage, and regen. There is a reason this set dropped in CP 160 and nobody can sell it for very much.

Sssh! I need a way to make gold off of my vDSA drops!

Kidding aside, Healer is "garbage", but only because other sets have surpassed it. Back in the VR14 days, it was BiS and golden jewelry would be worth hundreds of thousands of gold. Then came IC, which buffed Kagrenac, introduced SPC, and introduced Willpower, and the number of support sets that have come out since then have sealed its fate.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • crcraig
    crcraig
    Just an update on my stats following all this input and advice:

Stats (with Max Health and Magicka Recovery food):

Magicka: 30.5K
    Magicka Recovery: 1962
    Health: 19.5k
    Spell Damage: 2072
    Spell Critical: 50.7%

Gear:
    SPC Hat / Light / Magicka / Reinforced
    SPC Robe / Light / Magicka / Sturdy
    SPC Sash / Light / Magicka / Well-Fitted
    SPC Gloves / Light / Magicka / Well-Fitted
    SPC Breeches / Light / Magicka / Infused
    Arm Cops of the Seducer / Medium / Magicka / Divines
    Sabatons of the Seducer / Heavy / Magicka / Divines
    Restoration Staff of the Seducer / Absorb Magicka / Precise
    Mara's Blessing (Willpower) / Magicka Recovery / Health or Magicka
    Ring of Willpower / Spell Damage / Health or Magicka (have both and use depending on situation)
    Ring of Willpower / Spell Damage / Health or Magicka (have both and use depending on situation)

Mundus: The Thief

I know the traits on the SPC stuff needs to be different, but I'm pretty happy with this setup for now. I've been able to heal everything I've done pretty well, vets and trials.

I'm still farming for SPC for better traits, but if anyone has advice on a better 3 piece option than Seducer please let me know.
    Sorcerer, Breton
    Nightblade, Redguard
    Dragonknight, Imperial
    Templar, Argonian
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just an update on my stats following all this input and advice:

Stats (with Max Health and Magicka Recovery food):

Magicka: 30.5K
    Magicka Recovery: 1962
    Health: 19.5k
    Spell Damage: 2072
    Spell Critical: 50.7%

Gear:
    SPC Hat / Light / Magicka / Reinforced
    SPC Robe / Light / Magicka / Sturdy
    SPC Sash / Light / Magicka / Well-Fitted
    SPC Gloves / Light / Magicka / Well-Fitted
    SPC Breeches / Light / Magicka / Infused
    Arm Cops of the Seducer / Medium / Magicka / Divines
    Sabatons of the Seducer / Heavy / Magicka / Divines
    Restoration Staff of the Seducer / Absorb Magicka / Precise
    Mara's Blessing (Willpower) / Magicka Recovery / Health or Magicka

Mundus: The Thief

I know the traits on the SPC stuff needs to be different, but I'm pretty happy with this setup for now. I've been able to heal everything I've done pretty well, vets and trials.

I'm still farming for SPC for better traits, but if anyone has advice on a better 3 piece option than Seducer please let me know.

Better is subjective. Like if what you got works for you, it works.

But for 3 pieces, I would run kena plus torags pact.

Healers these days actually use 2 five piece and a master resto, with spc and either worm or gossamer or if PvP, transmutation.

Get a master resto. It is great. vDSA can be hard but with a good group, you can do it in less then two hours.

And if you don't want to change any armor, at least go with max magic food instead of regen, that will help a lot.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on August 28, 2016 1:16AM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Forsakiin wrote: »
    Max Mag - 31k
    Max Health - 27k
    Mag Regen - 2.4k
    Spell Damage - 2.4k
    Spell Crit - 49%
    Spell Resist - 20k
    Physical Resist - 15k

I left the game shortly after the Imperial City DLC and have only came back recently, so it seems that my build is now outdated. I intended to be a healing/off-tank hybrid, using a Resto bar to drop down my HoTs (Rapid Regen, Extended Ritual) and then activate Proximity Detonation and Purifying Light before bar switching (last skill on it is Repentance). Then I could get into the action with my DW bar, using Blazing Shield, Inner Light, Structured Entropy, Puncturing Sweeps and BoL. I'm also using the Bogdan set, which I know is considered to be awful by the community. But in this build, the healing totem is triggered ALOT, especially with Puncturing Sweeps. Since PS is my main DPS ability, that skill alone has it activating frequently, and that's without considering the other 5 healing spells. I also like the health boost the 1 piece of Bogdan gives.

This build can be easily changed though with a simple attribute respec. I've got 42 in health and 22 in magicka right now, but if I put them all into magicka I would have 20k max health and 40k+ max mag. The real issue is catching up in CPs. I only have 205 and it seems like everyone I see now has 500+.

No need to go into the fine print of your bar setup etc......

The OP is not a templar healer.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templars are the main class to go to for healing, but even as a sorc, you can be a decent healer. Definitely go Nightflame and instead of Eyes of Mara, get a full Healer set. It'll increase healing done by 8%. Always have Twilight Matriarch for the group heal. Resto staff is key for a sorc healer, especially with healing springs to get the magicka return to those being healed. And as for race!! Argonian have good healer passives. One increases your max magicka by 3% and when ever you drink a potion, say a magcika pot, you get that 12% of all stats back. You also get 9% increased health, so you aren't totally squishy. And the last passive increases healing done and recieved by 5%. Sorcs can be borh good healers/DPS in one bundle, if you can play it right.

All due respect, I 100% disagree with the bold statement. The Healer set is garbage. It might be a passable sub until you get something better, but increasing your healing done by 8% is meaningless. Its the same with the new Argonian passive. Most people wildly over heal. A breath of life is going to top you off with or without the 8%. If you arent wearing a 5 piece set with a specific group benefit (SPC, Gossamer, Infal, Worm) then you are better off buffing magic, spell damage, and regen. There is a reason this set dropped in CP 160 and nobody can sell it for very much.

Sorry but no. Templars are not the main go to healer. I will recieve flak for this but I will not change that opinion.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want to be an endgame healer:

Step One - Roll a Templar (sure you can heal just fine on other classes, but templars are the best)

Excellent advice to produce a mediocre player.
    Edited by exeeter702 on August 28, 2016 4:53AM
  • crcraig
    crcraig
    I couldn't be less interested in playing a Templar as a healer. I don't doubt they can be good, maybe even best, but I enjoy far more the attention playing a healing sorcerer well earns me. I'm uninterested in joining all the sheep and making any particular role shallow. Part of what I enjoy about this game is you can nearly do anything you want if you'll just spend the time learning and figuring it out...even if the math doesn't align, and everyone else just mindlessly follows the trends.
    Sorcerer, Breton
    Nightblade, Redguard
    Dragonknight, Imperial
    Templar, Argonian
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I couldn't be less interested in playing a Templar as a healer. I don't doubt they can be good, maybe even best, but I enjoy far more the attention playing a healing sorcerer well earns me. I'm uninterested in joining all the sheep and making any particular role shallow. Part of what I enjoy about this game is you can nearly do anything you want if you'll just spend the time learning and figuring it out...even if the math doesn't align, and everyone else just mindlessly follows the trends.

I assure you, even the math is not stacked against you as a non templar healer. Rest assured zos will continue to make changes that will reinforce all 4 healer options as entirely viable no matter the content.
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    I've been a Templar healer since the beginning and absolutely LOVE it....

i'm quite surprised at the Templar hate here though... I thought they made the best healers. I'm not against healing with other classes, but with a Templar you get just from your class skills the below.

You get just from class skills:
    1: Major Mending
    2: Decreased Rez Times
    3: Full Stats once rezed
    4: cleansing of 5 effects
    5: 20k-30k burst heals
    6: 50% chance to get a soul gem on each rez
    7: Stamina for group member on demand (shards)
    8: FREE Heals & Stamina for group from dead bodies (repentance)
    9: Minor Sorcery for your group
    10: and did i mention 20k-30k burst heals...lol

I've ran with other class healers that did a great job, don't get me wrong,... but I find it hard to see the advantage of healing from another class except for pure enjoyment.
    Edited by JKith on August 29, 2016 2:43AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JKith wrote: »

i'm quite surprised at the Templar hate here though... I thought they made the best healers. I'm not against healing with other classes, but with a Templar you get just from your class skills the below.

9: Major Sorcery for your group

I've ran with other class healers that did a great job, don't get me wrong,... but I find it hard to see the advantage of healing from another class except for pure enjoyment.

I agree with your post but this is minor sorcery, 5% more spell damage.
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with your post but this is minor sorcery, 5% more spell damage.

Yes you are very correct! Editing original post now....
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

9: Minor Sorcery for your group

Sorc has a stronger burst heal than Templar. Also provide minor sorcery and minor intellect. I.e. provide the beast means for passive magicka generation.

Dragon knight has major mending built into group shield that also gives himself stamina and ultimate. They also have the best group wide damage shield in the game via molten shell. They also give minor brut to entire group. For what it's worth, they can also give major to entire group if needed, freeing up a slot for some group members.

Nb gives passive crit rating to entire group, the strongest percent damage mitigation aoe buff in the game and can provide more dps then any of the other healers under not so uncommon circumstances thanks largely in part by siphoning attacks, letting them forgo sustain stats that other healers generally need, and thus letting them get more raw spell damage or crit.

For content that "matters", stacking 2 templar healers is overkill and redundant. For anything else, stamina and magicka group resource utility is not needed anyway.

Edited by exeeter702 on August 29, 2016 5:16PM
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Sorc has a stronger burst heal than Templar. Also provide minor sorcery and minor intellect. I.e. provide the beast means for passive magicka generation.

Thanks for the post. Sheds some light on group skill abilities from other classes.....

but what burst healing does Sorc have that is better than Breath of Life? What ability specifically, (i'm not familiar with sorc class) and how much burst healing does it give? Is it on demand and sustainable?
    Edited by JKith on August 29, 2016 6:44PM
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for the post. Sheds some light on group skill abilities from other classes.....

but what burst healing does Sorc have that is better than Breath of Life? What ability specifically, (i'm not familiar with sorc class) and how much burst healing does it give?
    The twilight pet has a healing morph that heals 3 people and is stronger than bol. The only issue is that in 95% of the cases when you need a burst heal, the pet will not be alive anymore, so you have to resummon it before you can heal.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally like NB healers the best.

1) 30k+ DPS while healing
    2) Insane ultimate generation while healing for max warhorn time
    3) Highest possible direct healing buffs from Siphoning passives
    4) High crit for even more healing and damage
    5) Crazy AoE DPS that also heals allies
    6) A strong healing ultimate that is stronger than the templar healing ultimate and also unchannelled
    7) Unparalleled sustain, allowing you to stack everything into max magicka and spell damage, while still never running out of magicka allowing insane HPS and DPS
    8) Great mitigation ultimate with crazy damage with burst heal synergy
    9) Buff group's stamina DPS with simply critical heals with Minor Savagery
    10) Everything dies faster due to their added DPS and warhorns.
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    The only issue is that in 95% of the cases when you need a burst heal, the pet will not be alive anymore, so you have to resummon it before you can heal.

Thanks! I see it now in the skill tree.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

but what burst healing does Sorc have that is better than Breath of Life? What ability specifically, (i'm not familiar with sorc class) and how much burst healing does it give?
    The twilight pet has a healing morph that heals 3 people and is stronger than bol. The only issue is that in 95% of the cases when you need a burst heal, the pet will not be alive anymore, so you have to resummon it before you can heal.

That is a gross exaggeration. It is more potent with the trade off that you have to manage the pet with smart hardened ward casts.
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭

That is a gross exaggeration. It is more potent with the trade off that you have to manage the pet with smart hardened ward casts.

It doesn't seem very practical either... just 0.5 second delay can mean the difference between life and death.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It doesn't seem very practical either... just 0.5 second delay can mean the difference between life and death.

The point is, the pet does not die if played properly.

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to reiterate that any sorc healer worth his *** will have matriarch on passive. If it is dying to cleave and aoe, then it is a l2p issue.

Also worth noting that negate heals the group for nearly as much as rite of passage.
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    I want to reiterate that any sorc healer worth his *** will have matriarch on passive. If it is dying to cleave and aoe, then it is a l2p issue.

Also worth noting that negate heals the group for nearly as much as rite of passage.

Cool, i've never ran with a sorc healer yet, only a Nightblade healer. Sounds like a fun play style though for sure.

I've never liked "rite of passage" tbh, never seemed very powerful. A 30% damage reduction from the Nova Ultimate always seemed to be of more value to me and my play style.
  • crcraig
    crcraig
    The twilight pet has a healing morph that heals 3 people and is stronger than bol.

I use the Twilight Matriarch in my healing setup, but the tool tip says, "Once summoned, you can activate the twilight matriarch's special ability, causing it to heal the matriarch and up to 2 other friendly targets for ______ Health."

So technically three, but that's including the matriarch itself. Still a strong and worthwhile healing ability.
    Sorcerer, Breton
    Nightblade, Redguard
    Dragonknight, Imperial
    Templar, Argonian
  • crcraig
    crcraig
    It's pretty interesting how much attention I get for Sorcerer healing.

When I join pick-up-groups, some folks are ready to kick me instantly. Others are willing to give it a shot, but have a need to express their doubts. And no one ever says, "Ah yeah! A sorcerer healer!! Perfect!"

But I've had several dozen friend requests, many post-activity 30-minute question and answer sessions, and even a few guild invites due to people being surprised at the healing. The more my gear gets lined up and stats get closer to ideal, the lower my opinion becomes of the people who are so quick to behave like Templars are the only viable healing option.
    Sorcerer, Breton
    Nightblade, Redguard
    Dragonknight, Imperial
    Templar, Argonian
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's pretty interesting how much attention I get for Sorcerer healing.

When I join pick-up-groups, some folks are ready to kick me instantly. Others are willing to give it a shot, but have a need to express their doubts. And no one ever says, "Ah yeah! A sorcerer healer!! Perfect!"

But I've had several dozen friend requests, many post-activity 30-minute question and answer sessions, and even a few guild invites due to people being surprised at the healing. The more my gear gets lined up and stats get closer to ideal, the lower my opinion becomes of the people who are so quick to behave like Templars are the only viable healing option.

Honestly, that in itslef is the problem with the current mentality of a good portion of the players in this game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, healing on anything other than a templar is not unorthodox, it is not "going against the grain" of the games intended design. It is not a reas on to be viewed as unique and curious. It is not outside the norm.

Some players that, if you will forgive me, seem woefully uneducated in terms of how exactly this game is designed from a skill line / build stand point, seem to subscribe to the logic that because templars have a CLASS skill line associated with healing, they are by default the definitive healer. This is so ridiculously incorrect it's gotten to the point where zos really needs to do something to inform players, especially new ones.

Resto staff skill line exists for a reason, no that does not mean anyone can be a healer exclusively with it and it's skills alone. It means that it exists to augment the approach of whichever class is taking up the role as healer. Templars in particular are afforded the option to lean more on the side of there own inherent tools, whereas other healers in the game lean a little more into the resto staff and meet somewhere in the middle.

Let's pretend in the simple and perfect world of most naysayers here that the game is ass folows without any flexibility.

Nb and sorc are damage dealers, period
    DK's are the tank
    Templars are the healer

Why on earth would a sorc be given a powerful group heal? Why on earth would a nb be given the option to sacrifice a powerful ultimate that deals aoe damage and stuns for the traded effect of giving a powerful aoe heal for group memebers? Is the answer "because pvp and unique situations" ?. The list goes on.

And its all nonsense.

Op I believe your question has already been thuroughly answered. I apologize if the thread has become something else now.
  • crcraig
    crcraig
    Op I believe your question has already been thuroughly answered. I apologize if the thread has become something else now.

No worries. I've learned a ton from all the rabbit trails!
    Sorcerer, Breton
    Nightblade, Redguard
    Dragonknight, Imperial
    Templar, Argonian
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭

No worries. I've learned a ton from all the rabbit trails!

Yeah, i do have to say this was quite informative. I had no idea of some of the strong healing abilities of the other classes.