The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Healer Stats

• Asayre
    Asayre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »
    crcraig wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »
    Remember, when it comes to calculating the potency of your abilities, an additional 10 max magicka is the approximate equivalent of an additional 1 spell damage. If you're short 10K max magicka, that's a bit like losing 1K spell damage.

So is this true because it's a part of how the game is calculating stats, or it's more of a rough equivalent based on the larger pool of Magicka before you can't heal any longer? I'll try and say it another way, too, in case I'm being confusing -- is the larger pool of Magicka going to literally increase my Spell Damage on my skill sheet, or it's a theory-craft performance equivalent?

Max magicka doesn't give you spell damage. It is equivalent to spell damage at roughly a 10-to-1 ratio when it comes to calculating the potency of your magicka-based abilities. Specifically, if you look at the ability tooltips for heals or damage that is based off of magicka, that tooltip number (e.g., "heals ally for 1234") will increase as your spell damage increases and as your max magicka increases. Someone with 20K magicka and 1K spell damage will have similar tooltip numbers as someone with 10K magicka and 2K spell damage.

(It's not exactly a 10-to-1 ratio, and some abilities favor spell damage more while some favor magicka more, but 10-to-1 is a good rule of thumb for almost all the abilities in the game.)

(The same applies to max stamina and weapon damage for abilities that cost stamina.)

I hope someone posts the formula, we used to have it on the forums at one time. Its not 10-1, but its close.

The 10-1 is reasonably close for most abilities. In the image below, you'll see the ratio of spell/weapon damage coefficient to magicka/stamina coefficient for the first number in all abilities. Exceptions that deviate significantly from 10.5 (red horizontal line) are explicitly named. A full list of coefficients can be found at http://esoitem.uesp.net/viewSkills.php.

681c3efbd4d044eab45b68bceac20418.png
    Reference for any calculation I make Introduction to PvE Damage Calculation
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious what you other healers have as far as stats go? (Namely, Magicka total and regeneration, Spell Power, and Spell Critical.)

My stats (boon and food/drink buffs included) are approximately:
    Class: Sorcerer
    Magicka - ~21K
    Magicka Regen - ~2000
    Spell Power - ~2000
    Spell Crit - ~47%
    Gear: 5 piece Eyes of Mara, 3 piece Willpower, 2 piece Nightflame,

I'm still fairly new to the game, but I've been able to heal all the 4-man Vet dungeons I've been in so far. I'm around cp265, and probably won't get into the large group/raiding stuff (I actually don't know much about it, just know my MMO raiding days are long gone). Anyhow, I'm interested in comparison, advice, suggestions, etc., so I'd appreciate whatever input/feedback you can offer, especially if there's something I missed and should be considering.

PS - I'm not interested in the "which class is the best healer" discussion. I gather that the healer of choice for most is Templar and may very well be arguably the best option, but I enjoy the sorcerer. So save that topic for other threads please.

Glad you're enjoying the game, and good to see another healer around. You do have a fair way to go before your stats are ideal. But never mind optimal; you can worry about min/maxing it later if you want. These are some general guidelines to help you get there:

Max Magicka - at or above 40k
    Spell Damage - unbuffed ~2k or better
    Magicka Regen - 1k+ (will vary with class, I heal all competitive and veteran content with ~1k, but I heal as a DK and restore resources when I ult. Templars get more regen passively, Sorcs have the liberty of building for higher regen or relying on skills, such as Ele Drain / Siphon or Dark Exchange. NBs rarely need to concern themselves with regen b/c of Siphoning Attacks, and can comfortably be less than 1k).
    Spell Crit - supplementary, can be as low as ~30% if it helps you get your other stats higher. More crit is better, but at least should be secondary to max magicka.

Gear: Best healer gear in ESO atm is Spell Power Cure. It should be your primary focus above all else if you intend to heal trials. You can do trials without, but this is the BiS set. You can supplement this by running one of the following sets/combinations with SPC:
    1. Gossamer
    2. Infallible Aether
    3. Worm Cult
    4. 1 Kena + 2 Torugs + 3 Willpower
    5. Kagrenac's or Julianos
  • crcraig
    crcraig
    I'm gonna need someone to show me the secret code to making SPC gear drop with Infused on it. :wink:

down, down, up, up, left, right, left -- correct?!
    Edited by crcraig on August 6, 2016 9:05AM
    Sorcerer, Breton
    Nightblade, Redguard
    Dragonknight, Imperial
    Templar, Argonian
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna need someone to show me the secret code to making SPC gear drop with Infused on it. :wink:

You don't want infused. You want divines. And the thief mundas.
  • crcraig
    crcraig

You don't want infused. You want divines. And the thief mundas.

Ok, same question for Divines!
    Sorcerer, Breton
    Nightblade, Redguard
    Dragonknight, Imperial
    Templar, Argonian
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how you guys can heal with 1.5 - 2k mag regen ? isnt it a little bil low ?

these stats I have in craglorn and its buffed.. I have there 25k health for new dungeons to dont get 1shotted :)
    this is argonian not altmer.. with altmer it could be even better

ZRt3ayU.png?1

this looks better, no ? and I dont need that lot spell dmg or magicka if I have healing trait on weapons and full on blessed + elfborn
  • Shazgob
    Shazgob
    ✭✭✭
    I main spec a sorcerer healer and have improved upon it's build as much as possible in an end-game raiding scenario, such as Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj, Veteran Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode, and even got the 2nd North American clear for Veteran Hel Ra Citadel this week, and healed our 1 shot attempt on Celestial Warrior, so I speak from a lot of experience. I don't claim to be the best healer in game, but at the same time I rarely encounter other sorcerer healers in the end-game community in ESO, most seem to be templars. I highly support them also, and would like to simply share my build.

Gear setup (current setup, not particularly 100% Best In Slot, in my opinion):
    1 Molag Kena Pauldron, Heavy Infused, Tri-Enchant
    5 Spell Power Cure, Light Infused, Tri-Enchants
    3 Infalliable Aether (OR Worm, Gossimer is better for Templar Healers) Jewelry, Gold Arcane, 3x Magicka Regen Glyphs
    1 Infalliable Aether Hood (any armor slot), Light Infused, Tri-Enchant
    1 Infalliable Aether Resto/Lightning Staff (I use Resto with Decisive, having had a choice), I use Fracturing Poison because we don't always have a stamplar available.
    1 Maelstrom/Master Restoration Staff, Defending on Both, I swap these fight depending, I never run both abilities it seems.

Main Bar- Restoration Staff, Infalliable Aether- Combat Prayer, Twilight, Empowered Ward, Dark Conversion (absolutely amazing on a sorcerer healer), Efficient Purge, Barrier (passive Magicka Regen with Magicka Aid, don't use it almost ever).

Back Bar- Restoration Staff, Either Master or Maelstrom, Defending (tanky bar)- Boundless Storm, Twilight, Mutagen OR Healing Springs, Energy Orbs, Propelling Siege Shield (passively ran for magicka aid on back bar, I spend equal time on both it seems, sometimes it's nice to have, and absolutely needed in Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj), Aggressive War Horn (your only used ultimate, for the most part, barring like 2-3 man Vet HM Cradle runs, I like Barrier there sometimes, since she eats ulti).

Keep Combat Prayer applied to everyone you can, keep Infalliable Aether applied to key mobs, keep Minor Int up from Empowered Ward, keep Minor Prophecy up with Dark Conversion and enjoy never ever running out of magicka, you can purge for days, keep Spell Power Cure up with Energy Orbs/Combat Prayer/Mutagen. Purge as needed, if you know the ins and outs of a fight, Propelling Siege Shield can assist tanks/dps. I rarely swap my skill loadout. I'm also a Vampire.

Champion point setup I use is:
    RED- 100 Elemental Defender, 42 Hardy (not logged in, might be a bit more, 15% though), rest into Thick Skinned.
    GREEN- 100 Arcanist, 77 Magician
    BLUE- 100 Elfborn, 40 Thaumaturge, 37 Blessed

My stats are (with only food, I am an Orsimer):
    31,074 Magicka
    2,213 Magicka Recovery
    21,622 Health
    13,259 Stamina
    688 Stamina Recovery (Stam is Magicka, and a lot of it)
    1,825 Spell Damage
    38.2% Crit

Enjoy! I might make a large in depth build for sorcerer heals soon, but don't count them out, to say they aren't good or 'bring a templar' is silly, I believe 1 of each is the best composition you can have, both bringing unique aspects into a raid group. If you see people discounting them, they simply haven't seen a proper one play it.

Edited for Champion Points and clarifying I don't see many end game sorc heals.
    Edited by Shazgob on August 7, 2016 3:22AM
    <Malacath's Trousers>
    Guild Master and Trouser King
    -Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj: 50,000+

Champion Rank - 700
    50 StamsOrc Flawless Conqueror and Master Angler
    50 Altmer Healplar
    50 Argonian Stamblade Ganker
    50 Breton Magicka Nightblade DPS
    50 Bosmer Stamina Templar DPS
    50 Khajiit Dragonknight DPS
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »
    I wonder how you guys can heal with 1.5 - 2k mag regen ? isnt it a little bil low ?

these stats I have in craglorn and its buffed.. I have there 25k health for new dungeons to dont get 1shotted :)

ZRt3ayU.png?1

this looks better, no ? and I dont need that lot spell dmg or magicka if I have healing trait on weapons and full on blessed + elfborn

You would not need to worry about being one shot if things died faster. you have way too much regen and not nearly enough magic. At a certain point, healing dungeons, it becomes more about the damage you can do and the support you offer to the group. My sweeps can crit for 6k+ per tick and my breath hits for 25k+ with mutagen ticking for 4k+. My blazing spear hits for 10k+ as well.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on August 7, 2016 3:19AM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZRt3ayU.png?1

That is waaaay too much magicka recovery.

With under 2K recovery, I can basically spam Healing Springs non-stop in a trial. Oh, and this is with the looted trash magicka pots, nothing fancy.

For a lot of endgame content, there is so much incoming damage that casting a heal every cooldown won't be enough unless your heals hit hard enough. And with just 26K max magicka, you've sacrificed way too much potency to be effective as a healer.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As i Said before you dont need that much spell dmg or magicka for heals when you have a lot of healing Done +.. This is argonian.. For me its better to stack healing Done than max magicka or spell dmg.. And with that much magicka recovery you can support tank with stamina recovery buffs + dots on ground to dmg mobs and spamming heals in the same time.. For me it works really great
    Edited by Anyron on August 7, 2016 10:48AM
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried sets for heal/dd but healing springs didnt work properly when group wasnt stacked, and for bol i didnt have enought magicka to spam it.. With this build, group member cant die even when he dont know tactic on boss. Group dds can unslot their ofhealing abilities and slot more for dmg... This is real pure healer build...
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As i Said before you dont need that much spell dmg or magicka for heals when you have a lot of healing Done +.. This is argonian.. For me its better to stack healing Done than max magicka or spell dmg.. And with that much magicka recovery you can support tank with stamina recovery buffs + dots on ground to dmg mobs and spamming heals in the same time.. For me it works really great

i hope you are not running RADIANT AURA instead of repentance, because that "recovery buffs" you are talking about doesn't stack with pots and is worthless to people that are chuggin pots, which is everyone. and even more worthless to tanks, as blocking stop ALL stam recovery.

dots that hit for nothing, prolly like only 500 dps. i have tried to do what you are talking about it doesnt work for me, at least.

Have you tried mutagen? pure healing does not really work at endgame. you need to wear SPC and either worm/aether/trans(for pvp). my main is an argonian as well, i can have, as i said, like 10k+ crits and around 1.5k dot with blazing spear. with like 7k burning light. it just sounds like you don't know how to manage your resources. pots are your friend, you are given a ton in every dungeon you run, just use them.
    I tried sets for heal/dd but healing springs didnt work properly when group wasnt stacked, and for bol i didnt have enought magicka to spam it.. With this build, group member cant die even when he dont know tactic on boss. Group dds can unslot their ofhealing abilities and slot more for dmg... This is real pure healer build...

if your group is not stacking, that is the fault of the leader and the people that are not stacking. i actually take Breath off of my bar for trails, it just is not good to use, better to have springs(which hits for 6k+) + extended ritual(which hits for 4k+) down. i put channeled focus in its place. and in trails, you are never the only healer, at least 2 are needed and for fast runs, 3 are the norm for normal.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on August 7, 2016 12:39PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, your Magicka is way too low. You should be shooting for at least 40K, preferably more. Sorcerers' Twilight burst heals scale off of magicka ONLY, not spell power, that's why your Magicka is so important.

Your regen isn't bad, but it should be a little higher, too. I shoot for the 2500 to 3000 range, because I know there are times when I need to spam that Twilight heal. The 3 piece Transmutation jewelry is a good set to work into your build, as is 4 or even 5 pieces of Seducer.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, your Magicka is way too low. You should be shooting for at least 40K, preferably more. Sorcerers' Twilight burst heals scale off of magicka ONLY, not spell power, that's why your Magicka is so important.

Your regen isn't bad, but it should be a little higher, too. I shoot for the 2500 to 3000 range, because I know there are times when I need to spam that Twilight heal. The 3 piece Transmutation jewelry is a good set to work into your build, as is 4 or even 5 pieces of Seducer.

He is a temp. But otherwise you are spot on about magic but I would say that anything over like 1.5k is a waste when you can put that regen into more spell damage or magic.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on August 7, 2016 1:53PM
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He is a temp. But otherwise you are spot on about magic but I would say that anything over like 1.5k is a waste when you can put that regen into more spell damage or magic.

Haha I want se how you can heal for example ruins of mazzatun hard mode with poor 1.5k magicka regen.. Or how you can heal in those 10 minute fights.. I'm not talking about trials
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are talking to me or someone else .. I have 5k mag regen
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha I want se how you can heal for example ruins of mazzatun hard mode with poor 1.5k magicka regen.. Or how you can heal in those 10 minute fights.. I'm not talking about trials

If that's not enough, then it's a L2P issue. Keep HoTs up--the vast majority of my heals come from HoTs. Use burst heals only if people take burst damage. If everyone is taking too much burst damage all the time, then they're doing something wrong. I spend most of my time as a healer in a 4-person dungeon doing DPS, refreshing my HoTs as they run out, as they're my primary source of heals. I'll toss out orbs and shards periodically, and I'll throw out Breaths only as necessary. And I can easily do all of that with under 2K regen. Yes, even in long, prolonged fights.

When it comes to 4-person content, having a healer do no DPS is a huge loss to the group, esp. with the harder content out there. If you have so little max magicka and rely entirely on your CP to make your heals hit hard enough (a 10K+ deficit in max magicka is a lot to overcome, though), then it means you have almost no capacity to do DPS.

The only time in PvE a healer should do no DPS and only heal is if they're healing a trial, but trials healing is quite different, as it's almost all Springs and Prayer spam, with Breath being used rarely and sparingly. The amount of incoming damage in a trial is a lot, too, and you cannot heal a trial effectively with that little max magicka. And you definitely don't need anywhere close to 5K regen for trials healing.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You want the thief mundas. Best one for healers and DPS by a lot. Use infused only on large armor and divines on the rest.

When I healed on my sorc, I wore julinanos and Magnus. 5/3 and willpower. I didn't use the pet, I just had healing ward as my oh crap button. Though if you want to use the pet, you need to stack magic more.

This set up left me with something like 40k mana and 2.5k spell damage. With around 1k regen and 65% crit.

I really think regen is overrated, if you are doing 4 man content, at least. It is the least important stat, as you ought to be using pots and heavy attacking as needed.

I'm so glad I saw your post. We have the EXACT same set up but I'm all infused. For the record I have just 40k magic and 2.5k spell power with an all infused set up and the Mage stone. (3.3k SP when buffed). As I always assumed your way would get us both to the same destination. Interesting.

I have 490 CP and use and Imperial with no undaunted unlocked though.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are talking to me or someone else .. I have 5k mag regen

I'm replying to the OP, who said he had like 2000 regen.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The OP is a Sorc... read it again ;)
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@code65536 already said everything i would of and well.

You want the thief mundas. Best one for healers and DPS by a lot. Use infused only on large armor and divines on the rest.

When I healed on my sorc, I wore julinanos and Magnus. 5/3 and willpower. I didn't use the pet, I just had healing ward as my oh crap button. Though if you want to use the pet, you need to stack magic more.

This set up left me with something like 40k mana and 2.5k spell damage. With around 1k regen and 65% crit.

I really think regen is overrated, if you are doing 4 man content, at least. It is the least important stat, as you ought to be using pots and heavy attacking as needed.

I'm so glad I saw your post. We have the EXACT same set up but I'm all infused. For the record I have just 40k magic and 2.5k spell power with an all infused set up and the Mage stone. (3.3k SP when buffed). As I always assumed your way would get us both to the same destination. Interesting.

I have 490 CP and use and Imperial with no undaunted unlocked though.

my sorc is a HIgh Elf and has undaunted unlocked. and i have cap CP. my spell power is unbuffed, as i don't really buff that as a healer.

The OP is a Sorc... read it again ;)

my bad. then as a sorc healer, if you don't want ot use a pet, go with the standard healing set up. if you do use the pet, i would go with SPC and necropotence. you can get the jewelry in the set now and wear SPC and one piece kena. though that would leave you with only at most 4% from undaunted but that is fine with the necropotence max mana boost is too good not to have for a pet sorc. you with have really bad regen, prolly around 1k but you could the one or regen glyph on the jewelry instead of spell damage.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on August 7, 2016 3:34PM
  • crcraig
    crcraig
    Shazgob wrote: »
    I main spec a sorcerer healer...

Hey, thanks a ton for all this info. Very helpful and insightful. It's also nice to get info from a real life sorcerer healer.
    I might make a large in depth build for sorcerer heals soon...

I hope you do! I plan to reference this post just for all the information you put in.

Sorcerer, Breton
    Nightblade, Redguard
    Dragonknight, Imperial
    Templar, Argonian
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    As a mid-level (cp250) healer who has healed in vet dungeons i focus on getting a Breath of Life at 20k, once I hit the 20k mark then I focus more on regen. I too believe regen is a big resource for a healer but I mainly go into cost reduction first since i've found that more effective.

1cp point increased magicka regen by 3 (given every two seconds)
    1cp point decreased my Breath of Life cost by 4

I think the math is easy here... some others swear by magicka regen so to each his own, but that's what I do.

As for the 5k regen,.. i think that’s wayyyy too much. Your magicka is so low your heals will be gimped. You could spam healing springs on your group and they would still die in a vet dungeon mob lol… If you’re not getting AT LEAST a 3.5k - 4k healing springs tick IMO you don’t have powerful enough heals.
    Edited by JKith on August 8, 2016 2:37AM
  • Shazgob
    Shazgob
    ✭✭✭
    I main spec a sorcerer healer...

Hey, thanks a ton for all this info. Very helpful and insightful. It's also nice to get info from a real life sorcerer healer.
    I might make a large in depth build for sorcerer heals soon...

I hope you do! I plan to reference this post just for all the information you put in.

@crcraig Thank you for the reply! Will try and remember to link it here when I do, but I love Sorcerer healer, and encourage its play. They bring a lot to the table, and doubly so with a good Templar beside them. Dark Conversion <3
    <Malacath's Trousers>
    Guild Master and Trouser King
    -Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj: 50,000+

Champion Rank - 700
    50 StamsOrc Flawless Conqueror and Master Angler
    50 Altmer Healplar
    50 Argonian Stamblade Ganker
    50 Breton Magicka Nightblade DPS
    50 Bosmer Stamina Templar DPS
    50 Khajiit Dragonknight DPS
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc Templar
    Running 5 Seducer, 3 magnus with purple tri stat food buff

Magicka - 35k
    Regen - 2k
    Crit - 58%
    SD - 1700-1850(can't remember exact)
    Health 20.5k
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Forsakiin
    Forsakiin
    ✭✭✭
    Max Mag - 31k
    Max Health - 27k
    Mag Regen - 2.4k
    Spell Damage - 2.4k
    Spell Crit - 49%
    Spell Resist - 20k
    Physical Resist - 15k

I left the game shortly after the Imperial City DLC and have only came back recently, so it seems that my build is now outdated. I intended to be a healing/off-tank hybrid, using a Resto bar to drop down my HoTs (Rapid Regen, Extended Ritual) and then activate Proximity Detonation and Purifying Light before bar switching (last skill on it is Repentance). Then I could get into the action with my DW bar, using Blazing Shield, Inner Light, Structured Entropy, Puncturing Sweeps and BoL. I'm also using the Bogdan set, which I know is considered to be awful by the community. But in this build, the healing totem is triggered ALOT, especially with Puncturing Sweeps. Since PS is my main DPS ability, that skill alone has it activating frequently, and that's without considering the other 5 healing spells. I also like the health boost the 1 piece of Bogdan gives.

This build can be easily changed though with a simple attribute respec. I've got 42 in health and 22 in magicka right now, but if I put them all into magicka I would have 20k max health and 40k+ max mag. The real issue is catching up in CPs. I only have 205 and it seems like everyone I see now has 500+.
    Edited by Forsakiin on August 11, 2016 7:32PM
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    At cp255
    Magicka - 37k
    Health - 18.5k
    Spell Resist - 21k
    Physical resist - 19k
    Spell Dmg - 1900
    Magicka regen - 1300 (with super heavy cost reduction)
    Spell crit - 47%

Breath of Life Crits for 22k health.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont have my stats in front of me, but your regen is way too high, and you need more magic and prob a bit more spell damage.

The best healer gear gives boosts to your resource pool (magic) and spell damage with the first 4 bonuses, and a boost to the group on the 5th bonus.

If you want to be an endgame healer:

Step One - Roll a Templar (sure you can heal just fine on other classes, but templars are the best)
    Step Two - Pick a race that benefits magic. Really the best choices are Breton or Altmer
    Step Three - Grind vWGT for a 5 piece of spell power cure. If you arent wearing SPC, you are not a competitive healer in PVE.
    Step Four - Get a set that compliments it: Worm, Gossamer, Infallible Aether.
    Step Five - Make it all gold, enchant everything with magic and spell damage.

Your stats will be what they will be, but you will heal just fine if you follow that advice. Before you get SPC, Kagrenacs hope is far and away the best craftable 5 piece healing set.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on August 11, 2016 9:43PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Templars are the main class to go to for healing, but even as a sorc, you can be a decent healer. Definitely go Nightflame and instead of Eyes of Mara, get a full Healer set. It'll increase healing done by 8%. Always have Twilight Matriarch for the group heal. Resto staff is key for a sorc healer, especially with healing springs to get the magicka return to those being healed. And as for race!! Argonian have good healer passives. One increases your max magicka by 3% and when ever you drink a potion, say a magcika pot, you get that 12% of all stats back. You also get 9% increased health, so you aren't totally squishy. And the last passive increases healing done and recieved by 5%. Sorcs can be borh good healers/DPS in one bundle, if you can play it right.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars are the main class to go to for healing, but even as a sorc, you can be a decent healer. Definitely go Nightflame and instead of Eyes of Mara, get a full Healer set. It'll increase healing done by 8%. Always have Twilight Matriarch for the group heal. Resto staff is key for a sorc healer, especially with healing springs to get the magicka return to those being healed. And as for race!! Argonian have good healer passives. One increases your max magicka by 3% and when ever you drink a potion, say a magcika pot, you get that 12% of all stats back. You also get 9% increased health, so you aren't totally squishy. And the last passive increases healing done and recieved by 5%. Sorcs can be borh good healers/DPS in one bundle, if you can play it right.

All due respect, I 100% disagree with the bold statement. The Healer set is garbage. It might be a passable sub until you get something better, but increasing your healing done by 8% is meaningless. Its the same with the new Argonian passive. Most people wildly over heal. A breath of life is going to top you off with or without the 8%. If you arent wearing a 5 piece set with a specific group benefit (SPC, Gossamer, Infal, Worm) then you are better off buffing magic, spell damage, and regen. There is a reason this set dropped in CP 160 and nobody can sell it for very much.