Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you PC people even play?

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly those multi button mice are nice bUT hardly necessary.

To OP, once upon a time when I first started playing wow at lunch (my first mmo ff11 had no such hot bars and was a very differect beast) I was a clicker through and through. I used to frequent my local lan center and began to see other players with all their hot keys. I thought to myself "no way in hell, look at their hands on the key board that is ridiculous". But I began to force myself out of my comfort zone esp snce I only cared about pvp and as a warrior stance dancing and weapon swap macros were mandatory.

Fast forward through the many years of mmo gaming and I now comfortably handle 32 hot keys without even an afterthought. And they are all exclusively on the key board and a basic 3 to 4 button mouse.

As far as actual dexterous skill with hot keys and hand moment, eso is child's play. I assure you op, it becomes second nature.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At some point I tried this device (razer nostromo), and got hooked on using it for any game. It fits the left hand perfectly and has directional pad for your thumb as well as various trigger buttons and more than enough keys for all abilities, menus and add on functions

razer-nostromo-gallery-1.png

This is what I use. Notice how the key rows are in line rather than shifted right? That is so you can set up your wasd and number keys like this.
    asd
    x

S is your forward key and x is your backward key. That way your 3 fingers sit in line rather than your middle finger out by it's lonesome.

Also look at how many buttons your thumb can press compared to a key board where it can only hit the space bar.
    Edited by Armitas on July 26, 2016 8:31PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    This is going to be a VERY dumb topic, but I'm genuinely curious as I have no experience at all with PC MMO gameplay.

How do you guys even play ESO on PC? Like, I noticed the abilities are cast using the number keys, so I'm assuming it's the keys above A, W, S, and D. But trying that myself as practice, trying to hit the keys imagining that I'm trying to move around and cast something just feels incredibly awkward on my hand. Do you literally make stuttering stop and go movements cause you're constantly taking your finger off the forward key to cast an ability? Or is this just a matter of do it enough and it becomes habit sort of thing?

PC players don't take their fingers off of movement keys to hit skills. We just use our other fingers to hit the same keys.

For example, you might think that to hit "2" I would have to move my middle finger from "W", when in fact, I simply hit "2" with my ring finger instead.
    Edited by Autolycus on July 26, 2016 8:34PM
  • Villious
    Villious
    ✭✭✭
    At some point I tried this device (razer nostromo), and got hooked on using it for any game. It fits the left hand perfectly and has directional pad for your thumb as well as various trigger buttons and more than enough keys for all abilities, menus and add on functions

razer-nostromo-gallery-1.png

I've been using this since the original was put out by Belkin. About 17 years now, give or take. I couldn't play without it. Unless I'm typing in chat, I never touch the keyboard.