The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People glitching sanctum on cp100

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4: ZOS bounces in, plays ignorant to this exploit, says they're looking in to it and it's hot-fixed by tomorrow.
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is another one of those posts of which something good happens and someone complains about it. I don't understand it! Lol!
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thaught it was working as intended? I haven't seen any gold jewelry drops personally, but that would be cool!
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know which is worse stool pigeons or exploiters, both deserve their special place in Oblivion.
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    This is another one of those posts of which something good happens and someone complains about it. I don't understand it! Lol!

getting cp160 loot from a cp100 instance is definitely not good. If you want that gear on cp160 and can't do vet you can do normal. You won't get gold jewelry but everything else is the same.
    Don't try to excuse exploiting. Things like this lower the value for those who did vSO on CP160 and deserve the loot.
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone needs to explain this to me . How are they glitching it ?
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need to explain how to do it, if you want it fixed that is!

Find a noob at CP 100 and make him the leader of a 13 man party and travel in to scale it down.

I did wonder how so much gold jewelery popped up for sale this week. Time to start farming noobs and offering them 100k to group up for a day lol. The traits do need looking at. Besides jewelry which is fixed pee set I am just getting trash shite all the time.
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Championofold

Find a noob at CP 100 and make him the leader of a 13 man party and travel in to scale it down.

I did wonder how so much gold jewelery popped up for sale this week. Time to start farming noobs and offering them 100k to group up for a day lol. The traits do need looking at. Besides jewelry which is fixed pee set I am just getting trash shite all the time.

Lol the banning list should start from guild traders ohh this dude is selling his 15th gold ring of the viper this week
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »
    Blatant repeat use of exploits should be an account ban.

what are they going to do? ban 80% of their players for picking up trash xD

I mean seriously.

Ban us for playing thier game and how they made it? Proper testing and we wouldn't be here. ZOS are the ones that need banning if anything. Plus if it's the game and I am not cheating at all then it's intended imo.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

The ability to do that has been in game since start . That's not an exploit .
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i think you don't understand....mobs are cp100 and drop cp160 loot. That's not intended. They are supposed to drop cp100 loot.
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has known about the ability to scale dungeons in this way for years . You could do this even before vet ranks were introduced . Not once have they listed this as a bug . Working as intended . The loot is not as good . That's the sacrifice you make for scaling the dungeon down .
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS has known about the ability to scale dungeons in this way for years . You could do this even before vet ranks were introduced . Not once have they listed this as a bug . Working as intended . The loot is not as good . That's the sacrifice you make for scaling the dungeon down .

You still don't get it, do you? Scaling down is not the exploit. Scaling it down to get maxlevel loot is.
    If you would get cp100 loot from endboss, there would be no problem. But you get CP160 loot, even if the dungeon is cp100.
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i think you don't understand....mobs are cp100 and drop cp160 loot. That's not intended. They are supposed to drop cp100 loot.

Oh I didn't see this part . Well dang it that's a bug but the players are not creating it , somethings broke on it now .

It didn't do this before vet ranks were still active . They need to repair it . I wouldn't go calling for bans on players for scaling though . They've been allowed to scale for a long time .
    Options
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roechacca wrote: »
    I still haven't run any of this PvE stuff yet. I need to learn how to complete these. Never knew there was a glitch.

basically ite,s just scale to the player instead of the dungeon. You still get piles of the same continuous garbage over and over again. the caveat is you can do it faster so it's like 10-15min/farm instead of like 45.

you get 3x the amount of prosperous knightmare junk than normal. Unless zos wants to fix droprate this bug is an absolute blessing.

people don't realize that you only get a small % chance to get the set you're looking for, a small % chance for it to be an ite, you need, and a very, very small % chance it's a trait anything other than training/prosperous.

gold jewelry is cool but when you can't trade it those gold yokuda rings are real depressing when you've already got the 2 vo rings you need. nearly 300nruns and the only divines vo piece I've seen was a helmet that I had to decon, I got hella lucky with the 2 infused pieces I've come across.

basically imagine the rng from vmsa, and multiply it by however many pieces you need. Players need to understand that this does mpre good than harm.

unless you want that jewelry to be worth 500k+ , armour 50k+ a piece, and hard to find, then be greatful it's farmable. If the item sets you want are bop (aether/vo/yokuda) it would take literal months of rng to complete your sets.

Yeah... welcome to eso. Small percentage chance of anything you want. People realise it man. Everyone talks about it ever day on the forum. Ltr.

And yeah... you are exploiting a glitch. Confirmed.
    Options
  • Rainteal
    Rainteal
    ✭✭✭
    This took way longer to get to the forums than I expected lol.

Folks kept this a pretty good secret for a while now. I am impressed.

Fix inbound in 3... 2... 1...
    Options
  • Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure this isn't a bug and is related to when they made loot always scale to your level in scaled group dungeons before CP ranks.

Also, people are getting monster helmets and vMA weapons (and Flawless) at non-vet by having the group scaled to a level 50.

Besides, if you can finish vSO on CP 100, you can on CP160. It's just a tiny bit faster.
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get what's the point of being upset about this?You get the gear you need faster your still dealing with ZOS crap RNG stop complaining.
    Options
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they're fixing it I hope they look at the loot tables aswell. It's so frustrating to know that the item you want has a less than 1% chance to drop from vSO last boss and is BoP.
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    I don't get what's the point of being upset about this?You get the gear you need faster your still dealing with ZOS crap RNG stop complaining.

bc people are abusing a bug to get gear they don't deserve at that point?
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praeficere wrote: »
    I'm sure this isn't a bug and is related to when they made loot always scale to your level in scaled group dungeons before CP ranks.

Also, people are getting monster helmets and vMA weapons (and Flawless) at non-vet by having the group scaled to a level 50.

Besides, if you can finish vSO on CP 100, you can on CP160. It's just a tiny bit faster.

Wow, that explains quite a lot actually. I was wondering why and how some people were getting their Maelstrom weapons, after some of the horror stories I heard from some people. And when I see them, they suddenly have tons and tons of Maelstrom weapons. Wooooooow. Smh.
    Options
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have heard people saying they are doing it on level 45 characters too and getting cp160 drops. I guess level 45 is the lowest you can do it and get cp160 gear? I just know guildies have been doing this for a couple weeks now at level 45 and get cp160 drops. Of course there will be all kinds of people defending this exploit because they use it, but it is still an exploit.
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really don't think it matters the gear will help them improve and be better in that instance next time and you still need to know the mechanics to do the it in the first place.Most of you are just complaining because people have access to something you only used to have access to.I say let people have access to the gear it helps everyone more people are geared and ready to do the content.
    Options
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You've got to be kidding me? Players are scaling Maelstrom Arena to normal 50 and getting weapons & flawless titles? ... if that's true, I'm done. I'm not working on Flawless anymore.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

Options
  • Rainteal
    Rainteal
    ✭✭✭
    Molag_Crow wrote: »

You've got to be kidding me? Players are scaling Maelstrom Arena to normal 50 and getting weapons & flawless titles? ... if that's true, I'm done. I'm not working on Flawless anymore.

I have never heard of this one lol.

I feel like more people would be sporting the title if this were the case. I am skeptical.

Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I really don't think it matters the gear will help them improve and be better in that instance next time and you still need to know the mechanics to do the it in the first place.Most of you are just complaining because people have access to something you only used to have access to.I say let people have access to the gear it helps everyone more people are geared and ready to do the content.

WTF? People are abusing a bug and you guys are saying it doesn't matter? Are you kidding me?
    btw. you don't need sanctum or MoL-gear to do any content. Everything is perfectly doable without it.
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rainteal wrote: »
    Molag_Crow wrote: »

I have never heard of this one lol.

I feel like more people would be sporting the title if this were the case. I am skeptical.

I've been seeing quite a lot of Flawless Titles on PS4 EU though, but I am quite skeptical too about this one... hmmmmm
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke

Options
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh and by the way, I was doing Sanctum (normal) but scaled to 160 CP for a few weeks and all of the drops were in Prosperous and Training, like 80% of the time -- it was a massive time waste in my opinion.
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WTF? People are abusing a bug and you guys are saying it doesn't matter? Are you kidding me?
    btw. you don't need sanctum or MoL-gear to do any content. Everything is perfectly doable without it.
    Because of all the things that are broken in this game this one thing similar to the gap closer bug truly isn't hurting no one and making the game more fun for people.Another reason I have no problem with this is because it help people get gear while still dealing with the horrible RNg just makes it better.People can be upset about it but I just don't care its a non issue that really didn't need to be brought up all it does is make RNG easier.
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    omg...what about those who farm vSO on CP160? they get their prices ruined by guys getting the gear on that way. It may not hurt you, but it's definetly not good for the game. You can easily farm SO on normal mode/CP160 to get purple gear which is perfectly fine for everything, so pls stop with that crap.
    I mean...instead of asking for a better lootsystem you are happy about people exploiting a bug... :o
    Noobplar
    Options
This discussion has been closed.