The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New recipes from the Witches Festival event

• Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »
    3NLmckI.png

So, dear ZOS, where is the stamina equivalent consumable to this?

They will be released when Magicka get all of the equivalent stamina sets. Fair is fair.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3NLmckI.png

They will be released when Magicka get all of the equivalent stamina sets. Fair is fair.

BTW, Stamina versions of these recipes already exist in the new life festival.
  • Noobslayer3255
    Noobslayer3255
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    3NLmckI.png

Could you elaborate? Haven't heard of this
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3NLmckI.png

I'm sure they do. I was just noting the double standard that many players seem to have.
  • MasterGohan
    MasterGohan
    ✭✭
    Are these going to be random drops or will they be quest rewards? Just curious.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these going to be random drops or will they be quest rewards? Just curious.

For the Witches Festival recipes, every time you kill a boss (dungeon boss, World Boss, delve boss, etc.) during the festival, you get a guaranteed coffer (a "Plunder Skull"). The coffer is then guaranteed to contain either a Hallowjack motif chapter or recipe. What you get is random, but you will get something. Note, though, that this is just what I observed when the festival was tested during the previous PTS cycle, and things are subject to change (or poor memory :p).
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Beerbong_Ginn
    Beerbong_Ginn
    ✭✭✭
    Will there also be green-pact friendly recipes, like dunmer-ear sweetrolls and candy-dipped breton-hearts?
    Helvius Inebriato - Imperial Dragonknight, Ebonheart Pact
    Belladonna Faleri - Imperial Sorcerer, Aldmeri Dominion
    Drinks-under-tables - Argonian Templar, Daggerfall Covenant
    Koh'rona gra-Beerchugger - Orc Nightblade, Daggerfall Covenant
    The Beerwench - Nord Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Ican Hazbeer - Khajiit Sorcerer, Ebonheart Pact
    Yukan Hazbeer - Khajiit Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Emeritus - Dunmer Dragonknight, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Meretrix - Dunmer Sorcerer, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Ignitus - Dunmer Templar, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Obscurus - Dunmer Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact
    Faeliinyth - Bosmer Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Byress Ginerva - Breton Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/beerbong_ginn Twitter: @BeerbongGinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexifer452 wrote: »
    On a slightly off-topic note...

Has there been any news regarding when this witches festival is actually going to take place. Specific date-wise I mean. I get that its apparently October sometime. I think I heard that somewhere.

In any case the whole event sounds fun and different and I would hope its not two months away, ya know?

On the Tamrielic calendar the Witches Festival is Frostfall (October) 13th.
    Edited by Number_51 on September 13, 2016 6:44PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    Lexifer452 wrote: »
    On a slightly off-topic note...

Has there been any news regarding when this witches festival is actually going to take place. Specific date-wise I mean. I get that its apparently October sometime. I think I heard that somewhere.

In any case the whole event sounds fun and different and I would hope its not two months away, ya know?

On the Tamrielic calendar the Witches Festival is Frostfall (October) 13th.

... which means that it will be right about October 31, for some strange reason. :smiley:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    How will the recipes be obtained?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3NLmckI.png

how and where do i find those stamina recipes ??
    Edited by Gilvoth on September 21, 2016 1:45AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how to get and where do i find those stamina recipes ??
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how to get and where do i find those stamina recipes ??

The New Life festival.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump for reference.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    3NLmckI.png

how and where do i find those stamina recipes ??

The lore of the festival is focused on magic, so the recipes should be magic based.
    Witches's Festival - 13th Frost Fall (13th October)
    Today is the 13th of Frost Fall, known throughout Tamriel as the Witches's Festival when the forces of sorcery and religion clash. The Mages Guild gets most of the business since weapons and items are evaluated for their mystic potential free of charge and magic spells are one half their usual price. Demonologists, conjurers, lamias, warlocks, and thaumaturgists meet in the wilderness outside city, and the creatures created or summoned there may plague Tamriel for eons. Most wise men choose not to wander this night.

Stam based recipes might come with New Life festival on 1st Morning Star (Jan 1st).
    New Life Festival - 1st Morning Star (1st January)
    Today the people of Tamriel are having the New Life Festival in celebration of a new year. The Emperor has ordered yet another tax increase in his New Life Address, and there is much grumbling about this. Still, despite financial difficulties, the New Life tradition of free ale at all the taverns of Tamriel continues.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gil.Galad wrote: »
    Has anyone compared the scaled values to the actual cp150+ food?
    I wonder if the legendary one will give more max magicka...

No reason to use the golden one unless you're a vamp.

Golden: 4575H + 4575M at CR160
    Standard blue: 5395H + 4936M at CR160

Honestly, I don't see the point of making it less potent than a standard blue bi-stat recipe. It's quite a bit more expensive to make, and the only added benefit is a rather niche one for vampires. No need to nerf the stats on top of that.

By "mildly sate you" I guess that means reducing your vampire stage?
    That's not a plus, but a reason not to use this food imo.

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are looted. Each time you kill a boss (I was running around group dungeons), you get a Plunder Skull with a random piece of loot.

@code65536 What is the drop rate like for the things inside the skull? I'm not looking forward to doing nothing but grind bosses in the hopes I get that gold recipe. :\

I farmed one boss for about 2 hours. I got the gold recipe, multiples of the other recipes, and nearly the entire motif set in that time frame. Drop rates are quite high if you ask me.
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    Before people get too excited about the max health + max magicka + magicka recovery food...

Standard CR150 health/magicka blue food for a CR160 character: 5395 MH + 4936 MM for 1 hour.

New Health/Magicka/Recovery purple food for a CR160 character: 3192 MH + 3192 MM + 319 MR for 2 hours.

So you gain extra duration (*yawn*) and 319 magicka recovery... at the cost of 2203 max health and 1744 max magicka. That recovery is really nice, but it does come with a hefty opportunity cost.

the serious loss in health is wat bothers me with the purple max mag and recovery , i have the recipe but i'm not gonna consume them in place of the regular blue recp's

as for the yellow i think the vamp buff is less negative effects like fire maybe
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    guaranteed coffer (a "Plunder Skull").
    Not really. Yesterday I killed several different bosses in the Rulanyil's Fall (Greenshade). At least two of them (Skirar and Onkal) did not drop the skull! :-(
    And yes, I obeyed the holiday dresscode while doing that.
    Probably there is a timeout. So it's definitely not a kind of "every time you kill a boss you get a guaranteed coffer".
    Edited by DorianDragonRaze on October 14, 2016 5:07PM
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    why no max health, max magic, stamina recovery
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    Elrond87 wrote: »
    why no max health, max magic, stamina recovery
    ...cause the stamina recipes will be part of the life festival, coming around new year...

@Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server