The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Feedback Thread for Trials & Dragonstar Arena Scaling

• Thal
    Thal
    ✭✭✭
    Master weapon "update" seems pretty underwhelming from the pics I've seen - was really hopeful for a reason to run this that would compete situationally with the maelstrom weapons filling up my inventory.

I was honestly hoping for a rework that retains the original effects (scaled a bit more impressively than current PTS) but with additions geared toward the new synergistic abilities seen in the new trials
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some of master weapons are very weak...

like, dagger destro staff and great sword
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish them to be tradeable as they are much weaker comparing VMSA. Should be bind on equip.

Developers let us have some more stuff tradeable..
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope the buff the Master weapons before release, so people will have a reason to run it. As of now people won't bother more than one run.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Agis
    Agis
    ✭✭✭
    Why are the set item bonuses still combined with the unique enchantments? It's been over a year. We all know it's strictly a UI error because if you put another enchantment on the greatsword for example, the weapon damage bonus is still in effect, just removed from the UI description. The weapon damage, magicka bonus , etc. should really be a 1 item set bonus like monster helmets. It's just so confusing that they are combined with the master enchantment. Please fix this.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agis wrote: »
    Why are the set item bonuses still combined with the unique enchantments? It's been over a year. We all know it's strictly a UI error because if you put another enchantment on the greatsword for example, the weapon damage bonus is still in effect, just removed from the UI description. The weapon damage, magicka bonus , etc. should really be a 1 item set bonus like monster helmets. It's just so confusing that they are combined with the master enchantment. Please fix this.

I assume it works the same way as on maelstromeweapons. If you reanchant the weapon, the statbonus gets lost. It is only an UI-Error which shows this bonus nonetheless.
    Edited by Destruent on July 17, 2016 9:53AM
    Noobplar
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Actually heard something that was going on in WoW that I feel coyld fit Master Weapon which is patch challenge reward (master set).

The WoW set up apply that specific set of gear can only be dropping during specific patch time. I undrrstand that while maestrom weapon were all well in line for pve, master weapon are more pvp oriented.

But what if they could drop on a different skill this time and then maybe revert them and change so the content stick to be relevant with changing skill line.

Simplier explanantion create a rotation of weapon for vMA and vDSA so that the content stick to be fun and relevant as the game evolve without going through systematic revamp !

Sometimes new weapon shoulld come up and change the reward withoit going through new instance which has the same end goal, getting new special weapon.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What sets will drop from the vAA, vHRC, and vDSA weeklies?

If you say, "vMoL", I will be extremely disappointed. The reason why the trial weeklies switched to the Maw loot table was because only Maw had max-level loot. But now that every trial has its own max-level loot table, the weeklies should drop items from that trial, not items from Maw.

Currently on the Live server, the Sanctum weeklies are dropping Maw sets, despite Sanctum having been rescaled. This is not appropriate and needs to be fixed. And please don't repeat this same mistake as you rescale the other three.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    *edit* I should quickly state that I have already experienced all of these trials on PTS and Live, and have been actively raiding since the first trials released over two years ago. I have held numerous world and/or server side titles, so this should have somewhat relevance of voicing the opinion of many other end tier raiders as well.

The new direction you (Zenimax) have taken with Veteran Trials is extremely troublesome for many reasons. Since the introduction of Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj, the difficulty difference between Normal and Veteran modes has increased greatly. This alone isn't an issue, many players in end game have been asking for more of a challenge, and we appreciate you listening. The issue is though, that you haven't implemented the difficulty we asked for in the correct ways.

Your versions of "difficulty" greatly vary from ours. Inside all of the live Veteran Trials (not dungeons!) and the newly scaled vAA and vHRC on the PTS it seems that everything is merely a multiplied factor of the normal mode counter part, with a few new mechanic changes/additions here and there. From comparing each dungeon, it literally feels as if you make the Normal version, run through it with your QA team, and then say, "Okay, looks good, fix a few bugs and then for Veteran mode just multiply everything by 300% and adds some more one shot mechanics, a few more trash packs, and call it a day!" This is not a sense of difficulty that resonates well with pretty much any community. Inflation does not equal difficulty, rather engaging and thought provoking encounters do. While bosses have seen a drastic improvement in these terms, the main issues lie outside of boss encounters. Here are a few major issues with the new direction you have chosen;

1. Most non meta/min-maxed players will find themselves struggling to clear trash mobs that have no real progression system or reward system to them. They enter a trial after clearing the normal counter part and begin dying on the first wave of adds because of the staggering damage dealt and health difference of these mobs. This immediately puts a bad taste in newer players mouths, and cuts off many people from ever completing or progressing in these trials. Most of these trash mobs have more health than major bosses in Veteran dungeons (including vICP and vWGT), which mas multiple issues in and of itself.

2. From a resource stand point these new trials are not robust enough to sustain content or longevity wise. The amount of players who have cleared vSO and vMoL are extremely little, I won't spout out %'s since I have no back up, but I would love for you to post some numbers to show for both party's sake. Why spend so much time and effort making content that few players can complete? On top of that, even end game guilds have drastically cut back on raiding since these new trials are so tedious and un-enjoyable.

3. The sense of progression is halted by inflated health and damage on unimportant combat encounters in trials. Currently the fastest clear of vMoL in the world is just under 33 minutes, with over HALF of that time spent, and deaths coming from killing trash mobs. Prior to this in older AA, HRC, and SO trash acted as a "cool down" phase which allowed groups to formulate strategies that best suited efficiency and clear time in unique and engaging ways, while bosses remained the major road blocks to completion. Meanwhile trash has no room for strategy change due to the extremely high damage it deals, as well as the inflated health levels they have. We understand that trash shouldn't just be mind numbingly easy, but it shouldn't be so absolutely absurd that it drains your will to complete because you know you're about to spend the next 20 minutes killing mobs that offer no sense of reward.

4. The reward system for trials is not sustainable outside of the first month after release. Trials and end game content should have some measure of replay-ability and reward mechanics, and in their current state they do, for about a month. Gold jewelry on hardmode versions and newly scaled BoE sets are great for the first release, everyone wants to test and get their hands on stuff, but over time the number of these items becomes severely inflated. We've already seen a price cut in over 200% on the NA server's markets on gold jewelry from vSO due to the availability of these items. A 5 day cooldown on BOE gold jewelry should be instated, while leaving the BoP items off of a cooldown.

5. Further explaining the issue with reward systems in trials, is once you've gotten your gear and the items from inside are less desirable, the only reason to participate in trials is for competitive leaderboards. Leaderboards were a great way to add a sense of replay ability to content, without forcing it onto players, as it is completely optional. However, due to the overall "artificial" feeling these trials now give on Veteran difficulty, the desire to push for times and improvement has all but died in the community. The raid community in ESO has dwindled to a point where it's almost extinct, less than 10 guilds world wide have cleared vMoL to start with, and even fewer actively complete these trials. This is because of how excruciatingly painful it is to raid now. I once looked forward to raiding, now I'm filled with a sense of dread as I know I'm about to spend the next 4 hours of my life on runs that are ruined by artificial difficulty and pointless inflation without being properly reimbursed for the investment of time.

*edit* 6. The recent balance changes in these trials seem to be centered around the concept of Veteran Maelstrom Arena builds, or small man PvE content that isn't as demanding as trials. Many encounters assume everyone has a "do it yourself" build that spreads itself over a variety of capabilities (tankiness, self healing, damage, etc) rather than focusing on one role. For example, the damage dealt in vMoL and vSO trash encounters are so high and spread out that it forces many DPS, or damage dealing roles, to run self healing or self defensive abilities. This is an extremely big issue in group play, as group play is made up of powerful individuals who all have unique advantages and disadvantages, which bases what role or task they will have. Assuming a homogenized build on everyone kills player diversity as well as stagnates interesting and innovative game play. Forcing each build to do the job of another totally removes the purpose of large groups of players forming together to accomplish goals. I understand ESO prides itself in being unique and allowing players to pretty much do anything, and there should always be the option for players to do that, but building the entire balance of group content around that idea is extremely toxic and actually does the exact opposite of making players feel like they have options.

There are plenty other issues I could go on and on about but I've found these to be the major issues so far, and I've tried to focus them on something the community can agree with as a whole, rather than having just the interests of the niche group of players who actively still raid. We appreciate the scaled content, as we've been asking for it for ages, but what we've seen so far is not at all what we had in mind. If you're looking for more feedback on what we DO want, I would be more than happy to reach out to other players and gather their thoughts and compose them for you here or elsewhere.

Totally agree with most of what you said. I've been raiding for a year now in ESO and lately vMoL and Summer killed my team. Trial are a really sensitive issue, they ask a lot from player and in ESO they are definitly not rewarding enough but WORST they are also not working as a progression !

Technicly in any MMO, you complete one trial then get to the next because the item Inside the next trial are the one you want and the one from the previous one are the one you need in order to complete the next one. That's usually how it works, but in this game... well... first for too long we could just skip and type of trial gear and be better off. Now the real issue for @Zenimax is to think about a way to make people feel like their time is well invested.

BTW about weapon in vDSA and vMA why not create a rotation for those weapon and make their presence bound to a specific period.

Ex: During that DLC vMA is getting new weapon upgrading the third skill, and next dlc DSA is getting new weapon upgrading 4 skills etc.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    The new direction you (Zenimax) have taken with Veteran Trials is extremely troublesome for many reasons.

A Lot of Stuff Said.

Wow, I don't agree with any of this...at all. I relish the difficulty of Maw, I consider Sanctum a breeze, and I'm still working to get myself on that leaderboard for Maw. I mean I get where you're coming from, but I just cannot agree.

I don't agree with it either, normal mode is all about allowing access of gear to casual players without walling them off. vet mode mainly exists so that teams of good players can achieve a sense of accomplishment by competing with eachother for scores.

with that said, why does the difficulty cap matter? The cold hard facts are generally most players completely suck at even simple mechanics, if they implemented mechanics (even simple ones, we'd have an army of people iin here full of rage demanding refunds for free content updates or some crap. I like the way it's setup, because the only people who don't win are narrow minded folks who don't want to win, (and will complain regardless of what zenimax does).

You should re-read the posts.

He's not saying that it's too difficult.

He's saying that it's the wrong kind of difficult. Instead of a challenge, it's tedium. Instead of mechanics that reward skillful play, it's mechanics that are dumb and reward either dumb luck or brute force.

not really, you can even cheese the mechanics for the most part. troll, lamia, etc. it's mostly about group placement. though they should introducr weaker mechanics in nor,al mode, I've got a feeling dumb people would just rage endlessly about super easymodr beong too hard because they'd need to strategiae oh so slightly. tbh if he was afraid of aa being too hard, then he needs to get his ass in there before the update and lean the mechanics, becaise that will be vetmode.
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

Are there any plans to give Master's weapons a slight buff, given the overwhelming feedback asking for it? :)
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    3. The sense of progression is halted by inflated health and damage on unimportant combat encounters in trials. Currently the fastest clear of vMoL in the world is just under 33 minutes, with over HALF of that time spent, and deaths coming from killing trash mobs. Prior to this in older AA, HRC, and SO trash acted as a "cool down" phase which allowed groups to formulate strategies that best suited efficiency and clear time in unique and engaging ways, while bosses remained the major road blocks to completion. Meanwhile trash has no room for strategy change due to the extremely high damage it deals, as well as the inflated health levels they have. We understand that trash shouldn't just be mind numbingly easy, but it shouldn't be so absolutely absurd that it drains your will to complete because you know you're about to spend the next 20 minutes killing mobs that offer no sense of reward.

This.

The Secret World has the best dungeons of any MMO I've played. They're atmospheric and filled with interesting boss fights, but most of all there's almost a completely absence of trash.

ESO's designers seem to have gone the opposite route. The earlier vet dungeons and trials (AA, HRC) have an acceptable number of mobs, but as time progressed the group content becomes increasingly trash laden. I enjoy the boss fights. I don't know of anyone who enjoys fighting trash. They're called trash for a reason. The reason they cause most of the deaths is not because they're mind numbingly easy/hard, but because they're mind numbing. Why add them? How are the participation numbers for WGT and ICP, even after nerfs? I guarantee that if you strip away half the trash, participation will spike.

I'm part of a great casual trial guild, but lately I find myself going invisible and avoiding trial calls because of how tedious they are.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The master weapons are very bad.
    Why would I sacrifise my shock glyph that deals 3500 damage every few seconds for a bit more magicka and destructive touch ? (that hits for even less than force shock even with this staff)

I think, these enchants need a serious buff.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Why would I sacrifise my shock glyph that deals 3500 damage every few seconds for a bit more magicka and destructive touch ? (that hits for even less than force shock even with this staff)

Yeah excatly, especially that You can also wear staff which is part of some set and gives additional magicka for wearing it , so master staff gives nothing then.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    juhasman wrote: »

Yeah excatly, especially that You can also wear staff which is part of some set and gives additional magicka for wearing it , so master staff gives nothing then.

Yea.
    Especially with my current setup, elegance and necropotence. Both are light armor exclusive.
    I am wearing 5 necro, 5 elegance and 1 kena. So if I wanted this staff, I would loose molag kena and guess what ? Another undaunted, which equals over 600 Magicka. So this staff would give me nothing and don't forget the valueable enchant.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've tried doing normal trials with random people that are low CP, and its not that easy as everyone states here. The answers in this thread should be taken into consideration that most likely most of the people doing trials have maxed out CP. The majority of the player base are not with max stats and its very difficult to find a party that will group with you for a trial if you are not high CP.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried doing normal trials with random people that are low CP, and its not that easy as everyone states here. The answers in this thread should be taken into consideration that most likely most of the people doing trials have maxed out CP. The majority of the player base are not with max stats and its very difficult to find a party that will group with you for a trial if you are not high CP.

this is the dame thing as saying normal spindleclutch is super hard.

sure, some [people struggle on it, almost 100% of them are new players.
    trials are not for new players. They should have made vet trials ONLY cp160 to have gotten that message across.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Actually @rosendoichinoveb17_ESO a lot of player are thinking the same as you about Veteran trial as well. As an example if you go into a Maw of Lorkahj trial in normal mode with a relativly low cp group, you are likely never to succed the trial. That's the Truth, because some mecannics are gettting tougher as the fight last.

But, if you get in there with a good group, you are likely to succeed it without a sweat. That's also true and a lot of player feel ashamed by that reality because even if you have no issue whatsoever to complete it in normal mode, you will be likely to fail your attempt on the veteran mode as you hit the first boss and that's why there're undergoing claim about adding a third level of diffiiculty.

Personnally, I feel like that is the way to go since there's really a lot of gap inbetween player for many reason:

1. It's an action base combat which mean skill and capacity to hold a rotation matters
    2. It's a game which is rewarding longevity by adding CP system which leads to a lot of gap inbetween player depending on how many CP everyone has.
    3. It's also a game where even if you reach max cap, the gap between player will still exist depending on which content you've been doing and how well you succeed it. (Maestrom Weapon vs. Regular, SPC vs. Kragenac, etc.)

Adding one level of difficulty is Something developper need to think about and start also adapting those level of difficulty because it is true what you say about some people having an hard time to complete some trial in normal mode while other complete it without a full raid.

Normal mode should be achievable as people get into the game, a non-raiding guild or random group should have an introduction system where they can really start to have fun with trial and not be concern about how hard it gets. While small raiding guild should have a veteran mode where they believe they can succeed but get an hard time for it (atm, small raiding team knows that any veteran trial they get in will be a pain to complete if it can be achieve). And last but not least, hardcord raiding team should have a mode where they know that they are gonna loose their shirts for a couple of weeks.

As some people stated the actual level of difficulty Inside trial are bad for the game, it's not rare to see zone chat discussion about trial ending up with a complete denial of actual possibility for player to raid Inside eso. Should we start to feel worried about a trial being too hard, or too easy...

I think that with two level of difficulty we will always have to. Progression being as stated before an issue.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually @rosendoichinoveb17_ESO a lot of player are thinking the same as you about Veteran trial as well. As an example if you go into a Maw of Lorkahj trial in normal mode with a relativly low cp group, you are likely never to succed the trial. That's the Truth, because some mecannics are gettting tougher as the fight last.

But, if you get in there with a good group, you are likely to succeed it without a sweat. That's also true and a lot of player feel ashamed by that reality because even if you have no issue whatsoever to complete it in normal mode, you will be likely to fail your attempt on the veteran mode as you hit the first boss and that's why there're undergoing claim about adding a third level of diffiiculty.

Personnally, I feel like that is the way to go since there's really a lot of gap inbetween player for many reason:

1. It's an action base combat which mean skill and capacity to hold a rotation matters
    2. It's a game which is rewarding longevity by adding CP system which leads to a lot of gap inbetween player depending on how many CP everyone has.
    3. It's also a game where even if you reach max cap, the gap between player will still exist depending on which content you've been doing and how well you succeed it. (Maestrom Weapon vs. Regular, SPC vs. Kragenac, etc.)

Adding one level of difficulty is Something developper need to think about and start also adapting those level of difficulty because it is true what you say about some people having an hard time to complete some trial in normal mode while other complete it without a full raid.

Normal mode should be achievable as people get into the game, a non-raiding guild or random group should have an introduction system where they can really start to have fun with trial and not be concern about how hard it gets. While small raiding guild should have a veteran mode where they believe they can succeed but get an hard time for it (atm, small raiding team knows that any veteran trial they get in will be a pain to complete if it can be achieve). And last but not least, hardcord raiding team should have a mode where they know that they are gonna loose their shirts for a couple of weeks.

As some people stated the actual level of difficulty Inside trial are bad for the game, it's not rare to see zone chat discussion about trial ending up with a complete denial of actual possibility for player to raid Inside eso. Should we start to feel worried about a trial being too hard, or too easy...

I think that with two level of difficulty we will always have to. Progression being as stated before an issue.

it *should* work that way. but there's alot of players that are outright terrible and will verbally abuse you if you try twlling them mechanics. they've tried nerfing crap into the ground, applying weapon d,dmg buffs to heavy armour, amd updating sets that give you a permanant buff (druegh king slayer) for the complete idiots that need zos to quite literally push the damn button for you.

While I agree with you almost completely, there is a reason why we cannot have nice things. That reason is very literally: some people are lazy and don't care, so they want the game ruined for everyone else.

from what it looks like, zenimax has taken a middle ground approach between challenging content, and pleasing people that will never be happy with eso amd should play something else.

Even this isn't working because now everyone is complaining that veteran modes are too hard even though the only thing they offer above normal modes is a challenge. Zos has been in a tricky situation ever since they made the game b2p. I doubt when they made eso they imagined habing so ,any lazy morons demand changes. Sadly, they HAVE to comply with this crap because they are no longer following the traditional business model of subscription based players. Now they have to make money off cosmetic purchases and dlc sales.

eso used to be much much more difficult and the average player used to be alot better, and if they quit over it boohoo. But I'll repeat: they now depend on dlc purchases/cosmetic microtransaction. vs

they have to aim content this way vs aiming it toward subscriber satisfaction. I kinfa think they want more engaging gameplay and want to do rhings lije this, but making it profitable and worthy of doing is another issue entirely.

I don;t know how ,any of the playerbase are just casual players, and what percent are lazy jerks that can't ever be satisfied and want everything free, but it is big enough that it affects how content is released and ***
    w challenging it is.

Back in the day reaching veteran ranks and doing spindleclutch felt likr doing vet maw. the average add you'd find in the world could mess you up big time when they hit you with a flying blade. the game actually pushrd you toward improvement.

tl;dr

it used to work more that way, but zenimax changed their subscription model to b2p and as a consequence they have to change gameplay to meet the requirements of their (new) target audienceee.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea.
    Especially with my current setup, elegance and necropotence. Both are light armor exclusive.
    I am wearing 5 necro, 5 elegance and 1 kena. So if I wanted this staff, I would loose molag kena and guess what ? Another undaunted, which equals over 600 Magicka. So this staff would give me nothing and don't forget the valueable enchant.

has necro been raised to cp 160? and by pets does it mean like the pets everyone has?
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »

Yea.

has necro been raised to cp 160? and by pets does it mean like the pets everyone has?

i;ve hear of it (amd the maelstrom set) working off engine guardian/maw of infernal set. so a healrr running eg should also see the buff.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how the trials and their rewards have been scaled up, but don't like how you made the trash fights really long and boring. ZOS, damage sponges are not challenging. Please reduce the health, damage and number of trash mobs in trials both normal and veteran.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how the trials and their rewards have been scaled up, but don't like how you made the trash fights really long and boring. ZOS, damage sponges are not challenging. Please reduce the health, damage and number of trash mobs in trials both normal and veteran.

health, yeah. but not the number of adds. I need boots lol.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We didn't attemp normal dsa but played in vet. I really love it.
    went as a team of 4 competent players that, however, don't play together in that constellation too often.

the difficulty and style felt really good. it's not too hard, no new "endgame test of skills" but it's back to fun and challenging content instead of a test of who kills portals the quickest. nothing seems to deal exorbitant damage but bosses have enough HP so that you actually have to do the mechanics again and that, for now, it seems beneficial to kill adds before the boss and even desirable to do one add wave (80% 40% or two bosses 40%) at a time.

I guess groups shooting for top1 will eventually burn bosses again, but I'm fairly certain that going for the weekly leaderboard will remain a matter of "do it properly without wiping and few deaths" and not the annoying game of knowing which kills trigger the next spawns and doing it as fast as possible. that's really great, I hate it when arenas suddenly are all about running with speedbuff to the next stage so that you can save 3seconds
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The main issue that I have with trials is that they are mostly DD oriented. I mean in a 12 person group there is only one tank. Therefore, you are kind of forced to play as a DPS as the tank role is most likely already taken.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The main issue that I have with trials is that they are mostly DD oriented. I mean in a 12 person group there is only one tank. Therefore, you are kind of forced to play as a DPS as the tank role is most likely already taken.

They should create different mechanics true. Like MoL where 3 people have to leave and.go and kill the void callers etc, celestial purge ia pretty cool too. Should make some that have traps or something to wound or weaken bosses, archive was just stack and burn, on live now you just sponge the lightning Atro and stack through it. Hopefully they made it at least powerful enough to kill straight away to prevent that. But even do it needs to be instakill. Stops peolle taking 10 Templars in and super healing through anything, same for the serpent taking 12 DKs in and everyone drops banners all at once and embers / whips thier way to gold rings.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the master's weapons simply doesn't deserve their name... their stats are extremely close to CP140 Master's weapons which makes obtaining them a useless effort..
    buff the master's weapons to be on same par of current CP160/ maelstrom weapons.
    PC EU

• Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for Trials & Dragonstar Arena scaling. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • What do you think of the scaling for Normal mode versus Veteran mode?

Weekly Trials need two major adjustments:
    • Please bring back weekly DSA challenge. Just like there is always a weekly MSA so does DSA deserve to be back.
    • Weekly rewards must be tied to that particular trial which is the weekly challenge. Currently regardless which 12 man trial is a weekly challenge the rewards are always parts of Maw of Lorkhaj drop tables. This makes no sense as it prevents people from getting desired set pieces from other trials. This will be even more relevant when AA and HRC will be upscaled to drop CP160 loot. Also everyone will want legendary jewelry of Footman and Healer sets from DSA. It is an easy thing to do, please make the community happy and make weekly rewards associated with a particular weekly trial!
    Edited by Katinas on July 26, 2016 8:41AM
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katinas wrote: »
    [*] Weekly rewards must be tied to that particular trial which is the weekly challenge. Currently regardless which 12 man trial is a weekly challenge the rewards are always parts of Maw of Lorkhaj drop tables. This makes no sense as it prevents people from getting desired set pieces from other trials. This will be even more relevant when AA and HRC will be upscaled to drop CP160 loot. Also everyone will want legendary jewelry of Footman and Healer sets from DSA. It is an easy thing to do, please make the community happy and make weekly rewards associated with a particular weekly trial!
    [/list]

While I agree with you that the weekly rewards should be associated with the trial I am apprehensive as this last VSO weekly, when a lot of people mistakenly thought they would get VSO gear instead of VMoL gear, reminde me of how miserable it is to run with peple on their 3rd and 4th toon trying to get on the boards when they clearly are substandard on them. To a degree I was happy with weekly not mattering because I hate runs turning to crap because everybody is on there terrible alt. Change it for the better, have weekly's be account not toon based and have them drop you several weapons instead of 1. This coming from a guy with 8 max toons that is actually quite good at 3 of them. It is just too painful dealing with those that aren't.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does AA Drop Vicious Ophidian and Infallible Aether. Finishing the new AA was completely anti-climatic. I don't understand why you guys would make trials share loot drops.

This feedback shouldn't have to be given, but make every single endgame instance have completely unique drops. No drops should be shared.
    Edited by timidobserver on August 3, 2016 2:19AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)