The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Official Feedback Thread for Ruins of Mazzatun (Dungeon)

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Ruins of Mazzatun dungeon that comes with the Shadows of the Hist Dungeon DLC Pack. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • How does the difficulty feel for Normal mode and Veteran mode?
  • Are you happy with the rewards you got for doing this dungeon?
  • What is your favorite mechanic?
  • Were you able to complete the dungeon?
  • How many times did your character die?
  • What level is your character and how many Champion Points do you have?
  • How long did it take to complete this dungeon?
  • What was your group makeup?
  • Did you do the Undaunted Pledge?

We want to see livestreams of this dungeon! If you and your group livestream or create videos of your runs through the Ruins of Mazzatun, please post a reply in this thread with a link to where we can find it and/or tweet us at TESOnline with the details.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Schemering
    Schemering
    ✭✭✭

Edited by Schemering on June 28, 2016 7:33PM
    PC/EU AD 1500+ PC/NA 300+

Schemering - Breton magicka Nightblade
    Ambergloed - Argonian Templar Healer
    Fonkeling - Argonian Dragonknight Tank
    Twinkeling - Dunmer magicka Nightblade
    Sprankeling- Altmer magicka Nightblade
    Schittering - Redguard stamina Nightblade
    Glinstering - Khajiit stamina Sorcerer
    Spiegeling - Altmer magicka Necromancer
    Flonkering - Orc stamina Necromancer
    Glimmering - Argonian Necromancer
    Duisternis - Dunmer magicka Dragonknight
    Maanlicht - Altmer magicka Templar
    Weerlicht - Altmer magicka Sorcerer
    Zonnestraal - Redguard stamina Warden EP char
    Slagschaduw - Dunmer magicka Warden - Healer or Damage Dealer
    Ochtendgloren - Imperial stamina Templar
    Avondval - Redguard stamina Dragonknight
    Aurora Noorderlicht - Breton magicka Nightblade DC char
    Dageraad - Breton magicka Sorcerer

Wisseling - Breton magicka Nightblade NA
    Zonsverduistering - Breton Templar NA Healer
    Tinteling - Argonian Dragonknight NA Tank
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group Make Up: 2 Dragonknights, 1 Templar, and 1 Nightblade.

Group Level: 50 and 531 CP each

Dungeon Mode: Veteran.

Completion: Completed.

Deaths: 25

Are you Happy With the Rewards You Recieved? Yes, though I have to ask, is the Ruins and Shadow a Daily, we received coffers and that was odd to see.

Duration of Dungeon: a little over an hour and 45 minutes. We were rather persistent.

We did not do the pledge, as I am unsure what the pledge was at the time when we tried out the dungeon.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does the difficulty feel for Normal mode and Veteran mode?
    I felt adequately challenged with the Veteran Mode. We accidentally ran the dungeon half way through the dungeon on Normal and I thought it was fairly easy on Normal.

Are you happy with the rewards you got for doing this dungeon?
    I didn't get much from the dungeon so I was a little disappointed there. However I thought the sets were interesting, but they definitely won't change what people are wearing currently. As it stands, none of the new gear sets are strong enough to beat Hunding's Rage / Twice-Born Star / Julianos when it comes to damage. I thought The Mighty Chudan set was interesting. I might run it on my tank to free up two skill slots that I'd use to get Major Resolve and Major Ward.

What is your favorite mechanic?
    My favorite mechanic was during the 3rd boss battle. I think his name was Xal-Nur the Slaver? The mechanic with bringing the spice to the geyser was really interesting and took a while to understand what's going on during the fight. Also including the Wamasu that we had to release was also and interesting twist.

Were you able to complete the dungeon?
    We were able to complete the dungeon.

How many times did your character die?
    I died maybe 7 times? We wiped 3 times on the 3rd boss, and none on the last.

What level is your character and how many Champion Points do you have?
    I am CR160 and have 566 Champion Points

How long did it take to complete this dungeon?
    It took roughly an hour to complete. After several runs I'm confident we could get it down to below 30 minutes.

What was your group makeup?
    Altmer Nightblade DPS - Magicka
    Khajiit Nightblade DPS - Stamina
    Argonian Templar Healer - Magicka
    Nord Dragonknight Tank - Stamina

Did you do the Undaunted Pledge?
    We did do the hard mode for the last boss. However I would really suggest NOT putting this into the Undaunted Pledge cycle. White-Gold Tower, Imperial City Prison, and City of Ash all were nerfed because of this reason, and I'd like to see this dungeon stay the way it is. You guys did a really good job here with the Ruins of Mazzatun, and it'd be disappointing to see it nerfed.
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
  • Schemering
    Schemering
    ✭✭✭
    I went in with 3 friends on ad hoc template chars. We used crafted food, the purple gear from boxes but crafted potions. We chose to do veteran version ad the set drops seem to indicate we were in veteran. We went in and had about 2 hours before one of us needed to go. We got the endboss at 40% still not exactly knowing how mechanics work we used about 30 -40 resses and we estimate it would take us an extra hour to finish the hardmode not killing the mobs that chained the monsters.

WGT and prison took us more than one session to get at endboss and a few days to finish. This dungeon seems much easier than those 2 maybe even easier than coa.

If this really was veteran (and the group tool said it was) this dungeon is way too easy even with templates

The dungeon itself is beautiful and mechanics are nice, all is really well crafted but we had no sense of pressure let alone being being overwhelmed by the dungeon like we had in prison and to lesser extent in wgt.

When 4th person was gone we found out we had used no mundus stone and no armor/ weapon glyphs used:)

PC/EU AD 1500+ PC/NA 300+

Schemering - Breton magicka Nightblade
    Ambergloed - Argonian Templar Healer
    Fonkeling - Argonian Dragonknight Tank
    Twinkeling - Dunmer magicka Nightblade
    Sprankeling- Altmer magicka Nightblade
    Schittering - Redguard stamina Nightblade
    Glinstering - Khajiit stamina Sorcerer
    Spiegeling - Altmer magicka Necromancer
    Flonkering - Orc stamina Necromancer
    Glimmering - Argonian Necromancer
    Duisternis - Dunmer magicka Dragonknight
    Maanlicht - Altmer magicka Templar
    Weerlicht - Altmer magicka Sorcerer
    Zonnestraal - Redguard stamina Warden EP char
    Slagschaduw - Dunmer magicka Warden - Healer or Damage Dealer
    Ochtendgloren - Imperial stamina Templar
    Avondval - Redguard stamina Dragonknight
    Aurora Noorderlicht - Breton magicka Nightblade DC char
    Dageraad - Breton magicka Sorcerer

Wisseling - Breton magicka Nightblade NA
    Zonsverduistering - Breton Templar NA Healer
    Tinteling - Argonian Dragonknight NA Tank
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • How does the difficulty feel for Normal mode and Veteran mode?
      Normal is soloable for the most part until the forced help ally situations. Veteran is definitely not soloable at all.
    • Are you happy with the rewards you got for doing this dungeon?
      Not a single set that dropped was appealing to end game PvE, all being out performed by current and easier obtainable sets, or not even fitting into PvE gameplay for any role.
    • What is your favorite mechanic?
      Nothing really stood out to really be all that interesting. New mechanics were better than before, but really not punishing enough if you failed. The puzzle with the elders was my favorite "mechanic" I guess, since it forced you to slow down and examine/think instead of going in guns blazing.
    • Were you able to complete the dungeon?
      Completed vet normal mode, had Hardmode down to .1% but wiped and our healer didn't have time for another HM attempt so we just nuked the base version.
    • How many times did your character die?
      1st time entering we had 3 or 4 group wipes from failing mechanics numerous times in succession, and that was it.
    • What level is your character and how many Champion Points do you have?
      Level 50, CP 531.
    • How long did it take to complete this dungeon?
      Roughly an hour for our first clear to learn mechanics and enjoy the scenery. Will likely be down to sub 30m in "farm" runs.
    • What was your group makeup?
      1 Orc DK tank, 1 Argonian Templar healer, 1 Khajiit Nightblade stam DPS, 1 Khajiit Sorcerer stam DPS.
    • Did you do the Undaunted Pledge?
      Pledge was vCity of Ash, so no?

Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Schemering wrote: »
    I went in with 3 friends on ad hoc template chars. We used crafted food, the purple gear from boxes but crafted potions. We chose to do veteran version ad the set drops seem to indicate we were in veteran. We went in and had about 2 hours before one of us needed to go. We got the endboss at 40% still not exactly knowing how mechanics work we used about 30 -40 resses and we estimate it would take us an extra hour to finish the hardmode not killing the mobs that chained the monsters.

WGT and prison took us more than one session to get at endboss and a few days to finish. This dungeon seems much easier than those 2 maybe even easier than coa.

If this really was veteran (and the group tool said it was) this dungeon is way too easy even with templates

The dungeon itself is beautiful and mechanics are nice, all is really well crafted but we had no sense of pressure let alone being being overwhelmed by the dungeon like we had in prison and to lesser extent in wgt.

When 4th person was gone we found out we had used no mundus stone and no armor/ weapon glyphs used:)

The Giant Lizard isn't the endboss if that's the chained bosses you're referring to.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • SirSilverMask
    How does the difficulty feel for Normal mode and Veteran mode? Didn't try normal. I would not want to pick up 3 random players from zone and take them into the dungeon on vet. Having TS made it a lot easier especially with the last boss mechanics. With 3 other members from a good PvE guild that know the mechanics, the dungeon will be easily cleared even on vet. Though that does not represent the majority of people playing the game.
    Are you happy with the rewards you got for doing this dungeon? Gear doesn't seem to be too helpful in general for PvE, however having the jewelry drop at the end is good especially if people can run the dungeon daily and get a coffer daily for completion. The dungeon would probably not be good to put into the undaunted rotation as previously mentioned. Probably need to find some way to improve the gear, a lot seems to be for tanking yet there are better tanking sets out there more easily available.
    What is your favorite mechanic? Not so much a favorite mechanic, but I thought it was well done showing how mechanics would work prior to starting the boss fights. Though I didn't notice any signs prior to the last boss with how the mirage mechanics would work.
    Were you able to complete the dungeon? Yes
    How many times did your character die? Every time our Healer disconnected during a boss fight.
    What level is your character and how many Champion Points do you have? Everyone in the group was maxed.
    How long did it take to complete this dungeon? about 90 minutes (again problems due to healer disconnecting throughout dungeon)
    What was your group makeup? 2 dks, templar, nb
    Did you do the Undaunted Pledge? As previously mentioned this did not sync up with the dungeon so no.
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Me and my friends ran the Ruins of Mazzerati >:) today. Sorry, I dont remember the boss names, etc.

How does the difficulty feel for Normal mode and Veteran mode? We only ran veteran mode. I felt the difficulty was good. A bit high for folks who have trouble with WGT/CoA however, so I expect you will probably bring that down to placate them. There are quite a few one shot mechanics in the dungeon which I like. I felt like the current difficulty was great for our group.

Are you happy with the rewards you got for doing this dungeon? Not terribly. We got most of the sets to drop and the magicka sets were a bit lackluster. Theres no way I would trade julianos/scathing for the light set. Tanks and stam dps have some interesting sets to play with.

Getting the turtle boss to break the casters shield. That was some good laughs there as we were killing each other at first. The last boss is fun too, however, I felt like his health was a bit low. We got him down to his enrages pretty quickly each time.

Were you able to complete the dungeon? Almost, unfortunately I ran out of time and had to run. We got a bit of a late start. We managed to get the last boss to 15% once we figured out his mechanics. We're going back tomorrow to finish him off and run the other.

How many times did your character die? We died several times figuring out mechanics and a few times to the elites. There again, just figuring out target priority, etc. It won't take long to get the run down, but that's okay.

What level is your character and how many Champion Points do you have? Lvl 50, 720 cp

How long did it take to complete this dungeon? We stopped just under 1 hour.
    What was your group makeup? DK tank, DK Magic dps (me), NB Magic dps, Templar Healer.

Did you do the Undaunted Pledge? No, none of us thought to check on the PTS. Well pick it up tomorrow. Im guessing its like when WGT/ICP were on PTS and we could pick them both up?

Other thoughts - We noticed the mitigation on the smaller turtles was really high ( not a bad thing), but the turtle boss was practically nothing. It just was odd.

The zone was amazing to look at. Excellent job dungeon design. One of my favorites now.

Ill post thoughts on the other one tomorrow.
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nurf mudcrabs and punching.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_RyanRuzich I had a chance to go into both the new dungeons last night on VET CP 160 and all I got to say is WOW you guys have done an amazing job on these new dungeons. I'll do my best to recap what my experience was, here we go....

Ruins of Mazzatun
      [*] How does the difficulty feel for Normal mode and Veteran mode?
      We did Veteran.
      Trash - perfect. you have to think about it but don't need to focus a single trash add for 20 minutes.
      Boss 1 - way too easy. We started the dungeon with no tank and 3-manned it. We were able to defeat the first boss with just the three of us and no tank.
      Boss 2 - spot on. We tried 3 manning it and were not able to. One would always be killed by Boss mucus. We spent some time wiping to determine the bubble mechanic and when we did the fight was not too difficult.
      Boss 3 - This fight is cool and where things begin to get somewhat challenging. I'd say it's going to be easy for good groups when they know the mechanics by heart but will continue to be quite unforgiving for Pugs who don't communicate well or organize properly.
      Boss 4 - We did not attempt hardmode, due to time constraints. Same as Boss 3 here but slightly more challenging dealing with the drain totems. I think the difficulty curve is a little low for good groups. Once they know the mechanics it is almost nukable. I expect PUGs however who refuse to use voice comms and communicate with others will have a tough time. We have the advantage of voicing where the correct statue was, whereas a PUG group not in voice comms would waste valuable time synergizing the statue to reveal it and then the hallucination. I'm assuming this would increase the difficulty somewhat.
      [*] Are you happy with the rewards you got for doing this dungeon?
      I did not get a helm at the end but two people in the group did. I got a ring. Out of the sets there, one looked really cool but the others were kinda meh upon first look. Drop rate seems good and a marketed improvement over what you did with WGT and ICP when those first came out.
      [*] What is your favorite mechanic?
      Boss 1 - The Rock shaper mechanic looks really cool.
      Boss 2 - it's fun having to run over to the bubble with the team.
      Boss 3 - Anytime you want to give me a pet Wamasu to rekt my enemies you can have all my money ;)
      Boss 4 - This fight is moderately engaging. The hallucination thing is alright I guess but I didn't like being, "kept out of the fight" even for just a few moments. It was cool to see the images of all the previous bosses as well. The execute phase was intense though, that was fun, still didn't quite get the idea on what to do and we just nuked the boss.
      [*] Were you able to complete the dungeon?
      Yes
      [*] How many times did your character die?
      I wasn't counting, but I'd say around 15 times total. I would assume knowing the mechanics now however we could like do a no death or very limited deaths.
      [*] What level is your character and how many Champion Points do you have?
      CP 669
      [*] How long did it take to complete this dungeon?
      about an hour, we cleared on our first time in there though so learning the mechs took all that time. I assuming we could clear sub 30 min with that group now that we know.
      [*] What was your group makeup?
      We cleared trash and Boss 1 with Templar healer, Mag Sorc DD and Magblade DD. We cleared rest of the dungeon with the addition of a DK tank. All 501+ CP
      [*] Did you do the Undaunted Pledge?
      No

I've got a video I have to "clean up" for you guys too, lol.
      Edited by Cuyler on June 29, 2016 7:12PM
      Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
      CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
      "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    • Destruent
      Destruent
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      We attempted on vet and cleared it. It wasn't that hard at all as soon as you figured out the mechanics. We didn't try hardmode.

Mechanics are nice, but i fear some of them will be ignored due to stack and burn tactics on live-servers.

All characters were templates, so we will have a lot more DPS on live....

i also recorded our bossfights and uploaded them :)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkdZ-qRXrQ4

We only discovered one bug, where statues on endboss couldn't be destroyed. Dunno what it caused or why it happened or if it is even a bug. Maybe someone else can confirm this?
      Noobplar
    • SirSilverMask
      Destruent wrote: »
      We attempted on vet and cleared it. It wasn't that hard at all as soon as you figured out the mechanics. We didn't try hardmode.

Mechanics are nice, but i fear some of them will be ignored due to stack and burn tactics on live-servers.

We only discovered one bug, where statues on endboss couldn't be destroyed. Dunno what it caused or why it happened or if it is even a bug. Maybe someone else can confirm this?

On the end boss the only player that can destroy statues is the one that is hallucinated, and he can only destroy one statue which the other 3 see highlighted and need to communicate to him somehow on which one he needs to hit. Not sure if that is what you are talking about.
    • ButtersEP
      ButtersEP
      ✭✭✭
      If people are beating this already then it's way way way to easy Zenimax....
    • Destruent
      Destruent
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

On the end boss the only player that can destroy statues is the one that is hallucinated, and he can only destroy one statue which the other 3 see highlighted and need to communicate to him somehow on which one he needs to hit. Not sure if that is what you are talking about.

We know the mechanics, but the statue didn't take any damage :)
      Noobplar
    • NovaShadow
      NovaShadow
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ButtersEP wrote: »

When they said on par with WGT/ICP on the ESO Live I honestly expected it to be harder than it actually once. Once you have the mechanics down its...not that hard.
      PC NA - EPHS
    • ButtersEP
      ButtersEP
      ✭✭✭
      NovaShadow wrote: »

When they said on par with WGT/ICP on the ESO Live I honestly expected it to be harder than it actually once. Once you have the mechanics down its...not that hard.

That is honestly soooo disappointing, it's been like a year since we got any new dungeons and they are made for pugs on "vet"... I wanted something that would take weeks if not months to beat on hard mode vet.
    • Seri
      Seri
      ✭✭✭✭
      I wanted something that would take weeks if not months to beat on hard mode vet.
      Go in without TS - that's what we did and it requires everyone to be more aware of whats going on :P IMO they are are definitely harder than DB ICP/WGT, but obviously not harder than ICP/WGT at launch (but admittedly we all have 500+ CP now too).
      Cuyler wrote:
      Boss 1 - way too easy. We started the dungeon with no tank and 3-manned it. We were able to defeat the first boss with just the three of us and no tank.
      Agree. We went in 2-man to start and killed the rock boss without even wiping but then upsized to 4 nearer the second boss.

EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
      DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
    • Destruent
      Destruent
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Seri wrote: »
      I wanted something that would take weeks if not months to beat on hard mode vet.
      Go in without TS - that's what we did and it requires everyone to be more aware of whats going on :P IMO they are are definitely harder than DB ICP/WGT, but obviously not harder than ICP/WGT at launch (but admittedly we all have 500+ CP now too).
      Cuyler wrote:
      Agree. We went in 2-man to start and killed the rock boss without even wiping but then upsized to 4 nearer the second boss.

We managed to bring endboss down to 30% in a group of 3 and would've killed him if it wasn't that late at this evening. So it's in no way hard. It's a shame that a new dungeon can be beaten with 3 people, using template character, crappy ping and such :/
      Noobplar
    • Fecius
      Fecius
      ✭✭✭
      Our 1st full run on 300 CP templates with TS in Russian.

https://youtu.be/RSO8tUcZi1s

Pretty funny and interesting bosses. We've spent some time to try achievements but not too much since on our Live Chars it would be much easier.

Overall it feels much easier than vICP and vWGT right after IC DLC release. And according to ZOS we will see even a nerfed version when Update 11 will go live.

As for loot. I don't like any of new sets of Update 11 for my magicka Sorc.
      Edited by Fecius on June 30, 2016 8:52AM
      - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
      - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
      - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
      - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
      - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
    • Destruent
      Destruent
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Fecius wrote: »
      Pretty funny and interesting bosses. We've spent some time to try achievements but not too much since on our Live Chars it would be much easier.

Overall it feels much easier than vICP and vWGT right after IC DLC release. And according to ZOS we will see even a nerfed version when Update 11 will go live.

WHAAAAAT????
      They want to nerf them before it goes live? especially this dungeon is so easy....it took us a bit more than one hour to clear it (i was the only one who knew the mechanics in our group) with templates. That's even more disappointing then the fact that they are already easy :disappointed:
      Noobplar
    • Fecius
      Fecius
      ✭✭✭

WHAAAAAT????
      They want to nerf them before it goes live? especially this dungeon is so easy....it took us a bit more than one hour to clear it (i was the only one who knew the mechanics in our group) with templates. That's even more disappointing then the fact that they are already easy :disappointed:

Yep, it was said during ESO Live.

Our 1st run on this dungeon was 1h 15min as you can see. We had one player in our group, who knew the mechanics, but we asked him not to spoil it.

Gonna try CoS (another one) someday. They say it's more interesting at least.
      - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
      - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
      - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
      - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
      - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
    • Destruent
      Destruent
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

WHAAAAAT????

Yep, it was said during ESO Live.

Our 1st run on this dungeon was 1h 15min as you can see. We had one player in our group, who knew the mechanics, but we asked him not to spoil it.

Gonna try CoS (another one) someday. They say it's more interesting at least.

Ye, it's more difficult. But it got beaten already with templates so they don't need to nerf it at all :(
      Seems like we have to play only PTS to get at least a bit challenging 4-men-dungeons.
      Noobplar
    • Destruent
      Destruent
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      We finished Hardmode aswell. No Bugs discovered so far. It gets a bit harder, but with well timed ultimates/burst it's not that hard at all B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHvPJM01zLY
      Noobplar
    • ButtersEP
      ButtersEP
      ✭✭✭
      We finished Hardmode aswell. No Bugs discovered so far. It gets a bit harder, but with well timed ultimates/burst it's not that hard at all B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHvPJM01zLY

ZOS buff the dungeons... don't give us this easy mode crap where people are already beating hard mode
    • ButtersEP
      ButtersEP
      ✭✭✭
      Yep just watched the youtube video, if CP 300 level characters are doing this fairly easy then it clearly is not difficult enough for CP 500
    • code65536
      code65536
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I personally made two attempts at this dungeon. I did not read any of the forum posts or watch any of the videos before these attempts because I didn't want to be spoiled.

Attempt #1: Normal mode with mag NB DPS (me), mag NB DPS (gear-swapping to tank as needed).

Attempt #2: Veteran mode with HM activated with mag DK tank (me), mag Templar healer, stam Templar DPS, stam Sorc DPS. There is a recorded stream of this run.

Were you able to complete the dungeon?
      Yes, both attempts were successful.

What level is your character and how many Champion Points do you have?
      We were all CP-capped. As for play experience, I've 2-manned vCoA before and have gotten speed-run/no-death in both vICP and vWGT as both tank and DPS roles.

How does the difficulty feel for Normal mode and Veteran mode?
      Even as a 2-person group, normal mode was very easy, with the exception of one boss. The Argonian Behemoth was by far the most challenging, but that was mostly because we only had two people, and the mechanics for that fight aren't really designed for an undersized group. The final boss was surprisingly easy: our first attempt on every boss was to go in as 2 DPS, and then once we see the fight, the mechanics, and what the threats are, one of us will gear-swap to tank. We killed the final boss on our first attempt with no tank and no prior knowledge of any of mechanic.

Veteran mode also seemed fairly easy. Again, the Argonian Behemoth was the most challenging boss--we spent more time there and died more times to him than we did on the final boss with hard mode activated (we didn't try the final boss without hard mode, so we're not quite sure what exactly hard mode added, beyond the extra ~1M boss health).

On the whole, the dungeon wasn't that difficult--it mostly just felt long and tedious.

Are you happy with the rewards you got for doing this dungeon?
      I like that both normal and vet drop CR160 items. But perhaps you could scrub trash traits like Training from the vet version?

Having the Chudan charge into the shielded caster was... delightful. It's a fun (and funny) mechanic. The spice mechanic was nice too, though a bit frustrating at times.
      • On the Argonian Behemoth, is it intended that he sheds aggro? It seems like I must retaunt every time he does a fear. And when the spice carriers are going to the geyser, he'd disengage from me and run at them. I'm really not a fan of these kinds of ignore-the-tank's-taunt mechanics because it removes the amount of control we have over the situation and makes tanks feel redundant in a game where tanks are already often not needed.
      • Speaking from a tanking perspective again, the Argonian Behemoth heavily favors DK chains. There is a staggering number of ranged adds that--due to being ranged--will stay far away unless pulled in. I was struggling to keep the adds in check for much of the fight on Vet as a DK tank, and can only imagine how much worse it'd be if I was on my NB tank instead. Please stop adding mechanics that further widen the already-substantial gap between classes for tanking.
      • On the final boss, is the hallucination random? At one point in our Vet run, the healer got it and was unable to heal the group, causing a wipe (for future attempts, the DPS tried to off-heal in case that happened), and at another point, I got it and the boss went loose because I could not retaunt.
      • Please lower the health of the Haj Mota throughout the dungeon. They have nearly 1M health, but they are neither difficult nor challenging. They're nothing more than balls of health that we have to tediously burn through. Tedium is not a challenge, and after a while, each Haj Mota just felt like another boring chore to get through.
      • The "puzzle" to free the elders was disappointingly easy. It's very obvious and not really fun. And having a wave of trash spawn after each cage just made the entire room feel like an arbitrary road bump in the flow of the dungeon. Again, tedium is not a challenge, and I'm not looking forward to wading through that many trash waves on multiple characters on pledge day. Why not just have one big wave of trash spawn after all 6 cages have opened, instead of having one wave after each cage? Or make it so that we get trash as punishment only if we failed one of the cages? The flow really felt off here in this encounter.
      • I love the story and the quest-giver NPC. Whoever wrote the dialog here, kudos to them. The comic relief after each boss was lovely.
      • There is quite a bit of overlap in the voice-overs of the theater scenes--NPCs talking over each other. Also, when speaking to the NPCs, their mouths do not animate.
      Edited by code65536 on July 3, 2016 5:32PM
      Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
      Personal best scores:
      Dungeon trifectas:
      Media: YouTubeTwitch
    • Destruent
      Destruent
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      code65536 wrote: »
      [*] On the final boss, is the hallucination random? At one point in our Vet run, the healer got it and was unable to heal the group, causing a wipe (for future attempts, the DPS tried to off-heal in case that happened), and at another point, I got it and the boss went loose because I could not retaunt.

It is more or less random, only the one who spotted the boss (tank) is immune to it. But it is possible to not get the hallucination at all.
      Noobplar
    • Bloodhawke-Von_Uriel
      so i haven't been able to do the dungeons as yet as the group i play with don't play PTS and dungeon finder didn't find any groups.
      however i watched a YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkdZ-qRXrQ4 and i am please to see that not only do all bosses seem to be taunt-able (looks at planar inhibitor with hate eyes), but also damage looks like only a tank would be able to take the hits (maybe a shield stack Sorc too, but hopefully just tanks) as too many groups these days are abandoning tanks to take up an additional DPS.

I give a big thumbs up to this dungeon, based off my initial impression, my faith is restored.
      -Administrator of More Than Fair Fighters.
    • Elloa
      Elloa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Feedback about my first try

Group compostion: Argonian DK healer Premade character + 1 Nord DK tank Premade character + 1 Redguard Templar Stamina DD (NA copy character 501 CP)

How does the difficulty feel for Normal mode? It felt too easy. It was the first time we did this dungeon, all of us. We were only 3 players. I wasn't doing any sort of DPS. But the mobs were dying too fast. On Some bosses, we realised that we even didn't had the time to understand their mechanic as we killed them too fast. I think the normal mode would beneficiate too have the life of mobs and bosses a bit buffed. Just so the fight last a bit longer, without punishing groups of new players.

Are you happy with the rewards you got for doing this dungeon? I was very interested by the Widowmaker set for my khajiit. Going to get that one on life server.

What is your favorite mechanic?I found several bosses to be very interesting. We didn't understood immediately how to defeat them, we had to think. That was great! The fight I enjoyed the most was the last one.

Were you able to complete the dungeon? Yes, no problem.

How many times did your character die?2 or 3 time. I stand in stupid and we wiped once on last boss as we didnd't understood how it was working immediately.

What level is your character and how many Champion Points do you have? Premade lvl 50 with 300 CP

How long did it take to complete this dungeon?I'd say 40min. But we toke our time to enjoy the scenery

What was your group makeup? Argonian DK healer Premade character + 1 DK tank Premade character + 1 Templar Stamina DD (NA copy character 501 CP)

Did you do the Undaunted Pledge?No

Opinion:
      I really Love the settings. The dungeon is gorgeous, feels very different from everything you have seen so far.
      The bosses fight are very interesting and the mechanics are great, force players to think, and do different things while fighting. The last boss feel totaly CRAZY! Love it!!
      However, bosses could have a little bit more Life in normal mode, and it's still possible to bypass some mechanics with high DPS. Trash mobs need more life too. They are not dangerous enough
    • Elloa
      Elloa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      code65536 wrote: »
      [*] The "puzzle" to free the elders was disappointingly easy. It's very obvious and not really fun. And having a wave of trash spawn after each cage just made the entire room feel like an arbitrary road bump in the flow of the dungeon. Again, tedium is not a challenge, and I'm not looking forward to wading through that many trash waves on multiple characters on pledge day. Why not just have one big wave of trash spawn after all 6 cages have opened, instead of having one wave after each cage? Or make it so that we get trash as punishment only if we failed one of the cages? The flow really felt off here in this encounter.
      [/list]

I think you can open all the cage at once if you so want. of course it will be wrong cages, and the prisoner will die. but i think you can do it, as we did open some cage by mistake with my group and we had two packs of adds at once.