The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DB Extreme Crashing Issues

• vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, must be nice to actually have ZOS community managers acknowledge the post DB issues on XBO. Yet PS4 is being left in the dark for some reason.
  • pilsbury65
    pilsbury65
    ✭✭✭
    I have also had more crashes back to the Dash Board since the update. Also the last two days while moving I would get a load screen, only the load screen did not take back to the game. It took me to the Charecter login screen. This happened several times in a row yesterday and a couple of times the night before. I put in a ticket and had confirmation of it being received today.
    When this happened it took me a few minutes back in the game.

Cheers

Kath
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's what I don't understand.

If Matt Firor's cable went out, or was performing poorly, he would call the company he purchases the service from and demand that it be fixed. If they told him week after week, we don't have any updates, sorry. Or if they just flat out refused his phone calls, he'd be pretty mad right? What if they didn't have a service desk but instead directed him to a forum to discuss his issue and maybe get it resolved by another user? Do you think he would find that acceptable?

What if, after weeks of the service performing poorly, he got even more frustrated and demanded to speak with someone in charge? He would expect someone in charge to get on the line and make it right, right? What if the person in charge refused to communicate with him? He would get mad, right?

What would make him feel better, being ignored, meaningless assurances that it was being looked into, or someone actively working to keep him in the loop about what they are doing to fix it and make sure it never happens again?

Would he not be perfectly justified in demanding a refund or some form of compensation? Would he not be perfectly justified in switching services?

Whether its the degraded console performance, the cheating stuff, the broken skills, etc all of this could be addressed through better communication. Saying once a week "we are working on it" doesn't count as communication. Completely ignoring the broken abilities and cheating issue certainly wouldn't cut it.

So I ask Zenimax, specifically @ZOS_MattFiror, if the shoe were on the other foot, how would you feel you have been treated in the last few weeks in regards to customer service? How would you feel if you were playing a game plagued by cheating and nothing was being done about it, and your concerns were being ignored? How would you feel if the game you paid for, and even subbed to in addition, was performing this poorly? Would you not be upset? Would you not deem the support this community has received from you to be sub-par?

Can't hide behind the blanket of E3 anymore folks. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @ZOS_AlanG are doing their best to help, as are the other mods. We understand they are just trying to do their jobs. But you aren't putting these fine folks in a position to succeed. I feel bad for them. You need to support not only your customers, but also your employees. I think its actually more of a problem that you haven't offered them any support, and have remained invisible.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's what I don't understand.

If Matt Firor's cable went out...

Are you talking about 'No ETA' Matt? Cmon....his answer would be, simply 'No ETA' on a fix.

▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • Natetendo83
    Natetendo83
    ✭✭
    I'm just going to add that PS4 users are having similar problems as described.

Just reiterating this point here. It's not just XB1 that's having severe issues. PS4 turns into a slideshow at times, let alone it takes a long time for NPCs and quest markers to update.
  • KrayzieBone_88
    KrayzieBone_88
    ✭✭✭
    Will we be notified when the Xbox version is fixed? Would rather not further frustrate myself by even trying until it's fixed...would be way easier to periodically check the forums than even attempting to logon and play and start crashing again.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Xbox feed has turned into a catalog of bugs. :p But here's a good sampling of what is going on? I don't have the frequent load screens here, and I can't record the many crashes. I have recorded some examples of the rest.

This first video is from Rawl'ka, after I had been there for about a minute. You can see the tail end of the shadowy player people loading in, and watch as two of the six or eight NPCs in the town square load in.
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SolarCat02/video/18873593

This section video is from questing on a lower level. When I did this quest on my main, the quest marker updated to point through the door, and then Ayrenn ran through the door. In the current state of the game she simply dissolves with the corpse of the battlereave, and then the quest marker updates.
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SolarCat02/video/18873576

Invisible enemies! This also happened twice tonight in the Tempest Island dungeon, to different people on different runs. In two spots (one has a lot of adds, right before the first boss, and the other has two storm atronachs and a bunch of healers and archers) different people couldn't see the boss and had to rely on AoEs to do any damage. The first time it was our tank who couldn't see, so I was throwing Inhale and he was spamming talons near the "center" of the ends of the fire lines.
    This particular example is from Wrothgar, though, since I can only record things from my perspective.
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SolarCat02/video/18873074

And lastly, weird dungeon bugs. The tank and I are both stuck in this one, side by side. He got freed first.
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SolarCat02/video/18873059
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Tim_Fontenault
    Tim_Fontenault
    Soul Shriven
    I've been having severe issues since the Dark Brotherhood DLC was released. If I don't get booted out right away, I savor whatever time I have until it inevitably happens. It takes NPCs ages to show up. Spells and skills are lagged. Movement is slow and laggy. It's a nightmare.
  • Astrid_Ironfang92
    I made a mistake :s completely forgot about the crash zone that is Wrothgar and went to do my writs, now my namesake character, Astrid Iron-Fang, is stuck in Orsinium. Again. It took hours to get her out the last time.
    Gamertag: Astrid IronFang
    Server: European
    Guild: Dungeons n Dragonknights
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭
    So last night,

6 Crashes, it did seem the loading was a bit better but then prime time hit and back to waiting a few minutes before moving.

I zoned into Wrothgar (Shatful) and my screen popped up but my toon was still loading.
    Dungeons had pauses with kills.
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilKiwi wrote: »
    It's not a DB issue, it's a xbox one version issue. I haven't been able to play for more than 30 mins since I brought the game.

not true, both consoles and the PC are having the same problems, check the tech support forums for all of them
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • Seamonkey001
    Seamonkey001
    ✭✭
    I have been noticing more and more I am DC'ing. Before DB I would maybe crash once or twice while PvP'ing. I figured it was due to me streaming my game on twitch so I quick steaming PvP thinking that was the problem. Last night I played for 2 hours and DC'ed 4 times (I know not as much as some people) and became very frustrating. I think a fix to where areas are separated by instances, similar to was Neverwinter does. I think that would go a long way to fixing the PvE problem. We will just have to stop playing PvP :(.
    XBox Live GamerTag: Sea Monkey 001
    Main Character: Kelach, High Elf, Sorcerer, Level CP 275
    Guild: Fathers of The Dominion

Twitch: SeaMonkey001
  • bulldoghot12
    bulldoghot12
    Soul Shriven
    We shouldn't be fighting about which version of the game we love has the most problems. We should be focused on keeping the pressure up on Zenimax to produce fixes for all the versions. Zenimax needs to fix all versions of the game, and they need to know it's a priority!!! This is a game killer if left unfixed. I, and I think many more, will stop playing soon if it isn't fixed. I think Zenimax is focused on the money, and new DLC's generate money. Fixing bugs doesn't show up on the bottom line as money generators, but losing customers because of extensive bugs will show up as losses. I hope it doesn't take losing a large portion of their player base to realize that. We just need to keep voicing our frustrations constructively toward Zenimax until the game is reasonably fixed and fun to play again.
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

We're still looking into this, and don't have an update beyond what we posted last week when these issues were first reported. We do have our Engineers and more working on this -- it's a priority and we're working to get it resolved as soon as possible. We know it's very frustrating. As soon as we have more info to give you, we'll post it in this thread.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom do you have an update for us, Can we expect a patch next week?
  • VodkaVixen1979
    VodkaVixen1979
    ✭✭✭
    Orsinium writs have been crashing since TG. DB just made that worse. Not only do you crash, but can't load back in and get stuck there. Craglorn now does the same thing on my lower level crafter since DB.

Also, since DB I crash when my enlightenment cycle is up, crash when I wayshrine, crash when I log in, crash when I ride my speed 60 horse, crash when I swap characters, crash in every region while doing contracts... crash, crash, crash... non-stop no matter where I am or what I am doing.

ZOS obviously wants people to sub, and I almost started to even though I have purchased all DLCs, but there is no way I would pay a monthly fee for the garbage that this game has turned into. It is darn near unplayable at this point....
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    My character is stuck in wroth gar. Need to have it moved please.
    Character name is tddizle shizzle
    Level 37 DK
    Gamertag is TARAFRAKA
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeaeren wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We're still looking into this, and don't have an update beyond what we posted last week when these issues were first reported. We do have our Engineers and more working on this -- it's a priority and we're working to get it resolved as soon as possible. We know it's very frustrating. As soon as we have more info to give you, we'll post it in this thread.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom do you have an update for us, Can we expect a patch next week?

No ETA™
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • CourtDogg
    CourtDogg
    Soul Shriven
    Also having issues. I just bought this game 2 days ago and purchased the ESO Plus subscription. My game ran fine up until I accepted the DLC pack quests. The game is very laggy, and I once I got to Wrothgar, I've come across extreme crashing issues. My game froze at one point and wouldn't let me quit from the Xbox Dashboard. I had to take the disc out. Now, it crashes every 20-30 minutes. It's disappointing that I just got this game and I can't even play it.
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loading into cyrodiil...crash. load the game back up. It's loading me back into grahtwood where I was originally....crash. We need fixes and we need them ASAP. This can't keep going on much longer. It's stuff like this that made me unsub.
    Edited by Infinite12 on June 24, 2016 1:48AM
    [GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
    My Characters
    Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
    Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
    Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My daily Xbox video data dump! Here are some gems from tonight's Crypt of Hearts helm run...

Traveling through the dungeon, three of us hit a load screen:
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SolarCat02/video/18917684

Mine was extra special. After waiting a full minute I finally restarted the Xbox. Here's a 30 second excerpt of the same loadscreen as above:
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SolarCat02/video/18917702

So I finally load back in and rush to meet up with my group for the first boss. I can't see the boss, I can't swap to my healing bar, my group is entirely black shadows, and I get another load screen (and the AoE spawned on me during the load so I was dead when I came back). I sure killed that centipede though!
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SolarCat02/video/18918043

Still invisible. Only one of our DPS could see them. Our tank was going off memory from his DPS days. (First time tanking this dungeon).
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SolarCat02/video/18917998
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SolarCat02/video/18918089

It feels like it's getting worse.
    Edited by SolarCat02 on June 24, 2016 5:40AM
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Focust3
    Focust3
    Went to Orsinium this morning to do my daily crafting writs on my crafting character, now I cant even log into him without getting booted to dashboard. 8 times in a row, did a hard reset of xbox, tried resetting everything and still no change. Can log onto other characters but cant log onto the one in Orsinium......This is some BS!
    CP557 DK
    CP557 Sorc
    CP557 Stamplar
    GT: PissedPlatapi
    Platform:Xbox1
    Server:North America
  • MAtomwest
    MAtomwest
    Soul Shriven
    My husband, daughter and I all play ESO together, we have a T1 line to our home and, as a Network Engineer, I can assure you our network is properly set up. We all have ESO plus accounts (for now) and really enjoy being able to play together, especially when we travel.
    This all in mind, we were very happy to begin the DLCs that we had not yet done and were struck with "The Orsinium Plague"!
    We are constantly "trapped" in the holes of this city and are too scared to go there to turn in our quests. On average, if we brave this laggy city, we are DC'd upwards of 7 times before we can pay 700 or more gold to wayshine out, that is, if we load fast enough. Normally we brag about how great it is to have such a massive gaming environment that works so well, but our opinion has been halted due to Orsinium.
    We know that with a new DLC there are always kinks to work out but we would at least like to know that this is an issue being worked on. If it is a "deal with it" type of issue, we will still play but not as ESO plus members.

(Fingers crossed everything gets worked through.)
  • CF_Smith
    CF_Smith
    Soul Shriven
    So this still is not fixed. I avoid going to Vivec City and Elden Root like the they are the plague since the BRRRRRT crashes are inevitable. With the amount of monthly money we put into this game, this issue should not be still unresolved since 2016.

Any update from ZOS?