Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got me the "Arrest Writ" at Hew's Bane, "For Eyes of the Queen only" in Shadowfen and "Agolas's Journal" in Wrothgar today, thx.

I am still missing on some of my chars:

-Healing Herbs of Northwest Tamriel (got that with some chars, for others it seems phased out in Rivenspire)
    -Valyia's Cargo Manifest (phased out for some chars, for other chars it's at the expected location near the gorge)
    -Mauloch, Orc-Father: Lore and Culture (inside the ruins in Malabal Tor, not accessable after quest)
    -Snowmead's Missive (phased out for some chars at the expected location in Eastmarch)
    -Letter to Baloth Bloodtusk (not accessable after quest, Arakaul's Memory)

...but great to know that they are at least partially worked on on PTS.

Edited by Flameheart on November 3, 2017 8:29AM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to report few books that are forgotten since ages too.

Those books are from the Shalidor Library.

First is Vivec and Mephala spawned in 4 locations in Rivenspire (more precisely in Shornhelm).
    But 2 of them are phased by a quest (I can't say which one). I had reports of those 2 books since years, but they're definitively phased.

ec2b0c28416e42d7e7f953faef87dde0.png

For the 2nd phased location, it's somewhere on my reports, but after checking checking and checking again, I may have lost the coord.

Second book is The book of Dawn and Dusk in Malabal Tor.
    I had reports from users of this book, but never found it.

f13fa83357f76c73711dbc8496b39754.png

Third is The Warrior's Charge in Cyrodiil. This book don't respect the rule of 1 spawn only in Cyrodiil.
    This book have 2 locations. (So maybe there is a book without spawn, I don't have still all the locations of Shalidor's books in Cyrodiil).

There is 1 spot near Chalman Keep

818637db0f66ce8ea279387b4d79cb25.png

And 1 spot south of Vlastarus

9d076e5cd557a1ba50d28fa9dc68528e.png

Thank you.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
    Options
  • Peppo_Lives
    Peppo_Lives
    ✭✭✭
    @Mix @thawks
    On PTS v3.2.3
    Research Notes -> Adainaz's Journal = FOUND in normal darkshade caverns 2, corridor before engine guardian (my toon is an AD, EU server, dungeon quests completed long ago)
    Handbills, Posters and Decrees -> Seeking Tenants! i can't find this, tried ouside ebonheart Inn room and others houses but i only find the book "anthology of abodes etc etc" Found inside bank in Stormhold, Shadowfen :)
    Misteries and clues -> Pierced Note = redoran kinhouse is unaccessible (already completed questline) i'll keep looking around balmora......
    Lord Vivec questions is in andrano ancestral tomb, in final room where you talk with the spirit (i've completed all morrowind storyline and secondary quests)
    Edited by Peppo_Lives on October 10, 2017 8:21PM
    PC-EU - Eidetic Memory / Codex / Recipes Collector - 60K+ Achievement Points
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ayantir
    Ayantir wrote: »
    I would like to report few books that are forgotten since ages too.

Those books are from the Shalidor Library.
    One of my characters, Ace Firelight, has found and read each of the three lore-books in Shalidor's Library which you discussed. While searching the Lore Libraries for information about them, I discovered three things about the game software.

First, if the character has already read the lore-book, then the search feature returns a list of each of the 36 Sermons of Vivec that are found only in Vvardenfell (Morrowind). A title is greyed-out if the character has not read the lore-book.

Second, if I enter the name of the lore-book in the search feature, and select Shalidor's Library, then the game software lists all lore-books of the category in which the book for which I'm searching is listed. (I assume the software does this at least if the character has already read the lore-book, but it might work if the character has not read it.)

Third, when I place the cursor on a lore-book in the list (shown as described above) and click the Right Mouse Button, then the software displays a list of locations, as zones followed by coordinates. Presumably, they are locations where the lore-book might possibly be found. (If I recall correctly, there is no "context menu" for books which have not been found and read by the character, unless the game software has been changed recently to display one.)

For what they are worth, the following images show the context menu displayed for each lore-book which Ace Firelight has found and read, as I've described:

Vivec and Mephala (Shornhelm, Rivenspire)

1usnl38.png

The Book of Dawn and Dusk (Malabal Tor)

TNZYRmw.png

The Warrior's Charge (Cyrodiil)

Kuc1xeu.png

Note: I don't know whether the context menu is a native feature of the game software or a feature added by the Lorebooks add-on.
    Edited by Shadowshire on October 11, 2017 5:31AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do I need to repeat that ... I am the author of LoreBooks addon ? .. o:)
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do I need to repeat that ... I am the author of LoreBooks addon ? .. o:)
    No, but why do you ask? Is the context menu shown in the images that I posted a feature of the LoreBooks add-on? That is a nice feature which I didn't know existed.

For what it is worth, I don't know where Ace Firelight found and read "Vivec and Mephala", but I am sure that it was not in Vvardenfell, and it was probably not in Cyrodiil. He might have found and read "The Book of Dusk and Dawn" in Cyrodiil, but more likely in Alik'ir Desert and least likely in Malabal Tor. As to "The Warrior's Charge", I doubt that he found it in Cyrodiil, and most likely read it in Reaper's March. There are only a few books in Shalidor's Library which Ace Firelight has not read.

Options
  • Walllessfury
    can I get help with these ones?
    mostly need locations (apologies if I let a few sneak in but tried to take all bugged ones out)

homes for sale dont have note still
    scion dont have note still
    invitation to morrowind dont have note still
    Plea for elder scrolls EP is phased into podium
    Plea for elder scrolls AD phased into podium
    A Tough Audience
    Edweg's Resignation Note
    imperial mutiny
    Experiment Journal
    nilata search plan
    Shezarr and the Divines
    A less rude song
    love letter to aishah
    chores
    very old note
    Aronel's Journal
    Arrai's Journal
    by the master's axe
    source of the formula
    red mountain's might
    the nycotic cult
    note to all research assistants

Edited by Walllessfury on October 28, 2017 1:40PM
    Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    homes for sale dont have note still : go do the housing tutorial.
    scion dont have note still : do the vampire quest
    Plea for elder scrolls EP is phased into podium : no. find few friends and go read it.
    AD I couldn’t find in temple : known as being bugged.
    Dc haven’t been over there : so go.
    Plea to Maximinus : will be soon deleted
    the arena! : dragonstar arena
    list of names : quest in cyrodiil north of arrius near a lake
    invitation to morrowind dont have note still : buy the morrowind chapter. or wait next update.
    Options
  • Walllessfury
    The scion, the houses, the morrowind, all have been completed still don’t have the books. I did the vamp first on one character and when I did it on the main one I tried to read it but didn’t give me the alert.

I’m an EP character and can’t pick it up out of the ground it’s not even visible
    Besides the yellow light emanating from the podium, same as the AD version att mnem http://s197.photobucket.com/user/Coreywallace/media/8B6B63BC-9189-422E-908D-A10ABE1E2493_zpsvylnci4r.jpeg.html?filters[user]=49017434&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

list of names- am by the lake north of Arrius and nothing, gonna assume that you mean it’s by the campsite with 3 npc’s

I did get the one at alma ruma

Dragonstar arena one- do you have a more specific location I have scoured the entry to the arena and the courtyard outside and haven’t found it
    Edited by Walllessfury on October 15, 2017 2:03PM
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Falling (Bangkorai)

This Eidetic Memory lore-book is not in a "Public Dungeon" as shown on its library entry. It is inside the passage to/from the Viridian Hideaway Workshop, on the floor at the dry end of the footbridge, next to the brazier:

SB14lyr.png

Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS decide that this place is a dungeon, it's written dungeon
    Options
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonstar arena one- do you have a more specific location I have scoured the entry to the arena and the courtyard outside and haven’t found it

It's actually unrelated to the Dragonstar Arena. According to UESP you can find it in Kuna's Delve in Reaper's March.
    Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes. In other hand you can install lorebooks addon.
    Options
  • Walllessfury
    Ah yes. In other hand you can install lorebooks addon.

if I was on PC I would, I'm strictly console
    Options
  • Walllessfury
    found this on Reddit Perfect Spothttps://i.imgur.com/lAzxweb.jpg
    Edited by Walllessfury on October 16, 2017 11:31AM
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS decide that this place is a dungeon, it's written dungeon
    For what it might be worth, I filed an in-game "feedback" report about the erroneous description. Who knows whether ZOS will ever correct it?

Edited by Shadowshire on October 25, 2017 12:23AM

Options
  • Massa2034
    Massa2034
    ✭✭

@Mix : Captain Black Sword's Journal is available (very easy to find).

<So where please?
    Edited by Massa2034 on October 17, 2017 11:21AM
    Options
  • DanaeldeWitz
    DanaeldeWitz
    ✭✭
    Massa2034 wrote: »

<So where please?

In Glenumbra, near Trapjaw's Cove.
    Options
  • Massa2034
    Massa2034
    ✭✭
    Massa2034 wrote: »

<So where please?

In Glenumbra, near Trapjaw's Cove.

Thx, but can you screen pls? i don't find it
    Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's on pts only.
    Options
  • Massa2034
    Massa2034
    ✭✭
    Oh ok thx, so i hear some missing books are on pts, mean soon they will be findable on normal game?
    Options
  • Walllessfury
    probably next patch (11-9?)
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa, please keep our lorebook discussions as civil as possible. If a given player/character cannot locate or access a lorebook we try to guide them to it, often with screenshots, and if they locate the spot but the book isn't there or they cannot interact with it - that is a bug. The player should report it in-game as well as on here for the community. Books can break between patches and we have seen it before and it is important to remember that just because it was there when you read it (months or even years ago) doesn't mean it still is. Please be respectful of each other.

I see a HUGE amount of confusion between PTS and Live. I think I will stop updating the main post for PTS to avoid this in the future. I apologize for the confusion this has caused. Good news, today you can go book hunting!

@Ayantir You are so thorough to catch those phasing Shalidor Library books! However, as long as one location is available I don't see it being the highest priority for fixing:(

Happy Patch 3.2.5 Book Hunting everyone!
    Options
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Currently missing these books (well, apart from the CwC category ofc):
    Handbills, Posters, and Decrees (1):
    Seeking Tenant!

Letters and Missives (1):
    Order of the Eye Dispatch

Mysteries and Clues (1):
    [Vvardenfell] Pierced Note
    Pretty sure Pierced Note isn't available post-quest as I cannot enter the manor anymore and I didn't find it in any of the quest-related locations.

Edit: Ahhh wait, the first two might have been added this update too and are just in CwC somewhere as well.
    Edited by Kyoma on October 23, 2017 2:01PM
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
    Options
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    The Order of the Eye Dispatch was added last patch. Reading it initiates the quest Of Shadows and Long Knives, the prequel quest for CWC. Prior to quest it can be found in the Mournhold Mages Guild, but I'm not sure where it's located afterwards.
    Edited by thawks on October 23, 2017 2:21PM
    Options
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    thawks wrote: »
    The Order of the Eye Dispatch was added last patch. Reading it initiates the quest Of Shadows and Long Knives, the prequel quest for CWC. Prior to quest it can be found in the Mournhold Mages Guild, but I'm not sure where it's located afterwards.
    Strange, I've literally done that quest a few days ago and somehow I must have missed it. Guess the quest could be started through other means, that or it didn't read it when the quest had to start and I didn't check my quest inventory. Edit: yea, it's still there post-quest, thx! :)
    Edited by Kyoma on October 23, 2017 2:31PM
    Options
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Holger30 wrote: »
    I need still 2 books with my first Char.

Misteries and Clues:
    Pierced Note

The Devoted and the Deranged:
    Introduction to Aedric Studies
    Edited by Holger30 on October 24, 2017 4:05PM
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Handbills, Posters and Decrees -> Seeking Tenants! i can't find this, tried ouside ebonheart Inn room and others houses but i only find the book "anthology of abodes etc etc" Found inside bank in Stormhold, Shadowfen :)

Thanks!

I guess the copy outside the Ebonheart inn room is only there for characters who complete that housing quest after CWC update (i had just done the quest on a template character when it showed up there on the pts)

I found it in the bank in Stormhold as well. It doesn't glow and the mouseover says "Housing Brochure" but the note is Seeking Tenant!
    Options
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    I need still 4 books with my first Char.

Handbills, Posters and Decrees:
    Seeking Tenant!

Misteries and Clues:
    Pierced Note

The Devoted and the Deranged:
    Introduction to Aedric Studies

Words od the Poets:
    A less rude Song
    I actually found A Less Rude Song in one of the CwC bookshelves today. :)

Options
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »

Thanks!

I guess the copy outside the Ebonheart inn room is only there for characters who complete that housing quest after CWC update (i had just done the quest on a template character when it showed up there on the pts)

I found it in the bank in Stormhold as well. It doesn't glow and the mouseover says "Housing Brochure" but the note is Seeking Tenant!

THX
    Options