Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Jupiter_Storm
    Jupiter_Storm
    ✭✭
    Nilum wrote: »
    Specifically the daedric cults version, it doesn't appear to be obtainable anymore.
    mysteries and clues version of the letter works fine.

I appreciate that Dread Lady's Letter is displaying fine for yourself - however this would likely be because you read the note, rather than obtaining the quest from the Crown Store?

In my Eidetic Memory, both versions are missing, unfortunately, and there is no way to obtain them.
  • Aleseya
    Aleseya
    Soul Shriven
    2z3jc7h42d4z.png

Found the "Handbook for New Homeowners" in the new Seabloom Villa on Auridon

Seems like the house is somewhat special, as this is a furnishing item.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Aleseya wrote: »
    2z3jc7h42d4z.png

Uhuu, i have hope i don;t need buy this home for this "special item"
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Kharsthun's Translation, Second Stanza"... was this book already known before patch and now it is no more? or is it a new one ? I don't know... cant understand...
    PC | EU
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Gandalf_72 wrote: »
    "Kharsthun's Translation, Second Stanza"... was this book already known before patch and now it is no more? or is it a new one ? I don't know... cant understand...

You can read during quest in Sorrow so this note was already in world but not in Eidetic Memory.

There was something similar with the envoy's note in one of the quests. Similarly here it was, but not in Eidetic Memory but added later in one of the updates.
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

You can read during quest in Sorrow so this note was already in world but not in Eidetic Memory.

There was something similar with the envoy's note in one of the quests. Similarly here it was, but not in Eidetic Memory but added later in one of the updates.

And now if you already did the quest... you cannot find this book, am I right ? Not the first time. They ever fall in the same mistakes...
    PC | EU
  • Nilum
    Nilum
    ✭✭
    Specifically the daedric cults version, it doesn't appear to be obtainable anymore.
    mysteries and clues version of the letter works fine.

I appreciate that Dread Lady's Letter is displaying fine for yourself - however this would likely be because you read the note, rather than obtaining the quest from the Crown Store?

In my Eidetic Memory, both versions are missing, unfortunately, and there is no way to obtain them.

yes, i read the note, which gave the mysteries and clues version
    but the daedric cults version doesn't appear to be in the game post update 40 when the quest givers and quest start items where moved around.
    "An Apocalyptic Situation (Deadlands Prologue): Belkarth, Craglorn"

i sympathise!
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

And now if you already did the quest... you cannot find this book, am I right ? Not the first time. They ever fall in the same mistakes...

Yes, and if you bring a "friend" never started this quest for you still you can;t pick up.
  • Dactylz
    Dactylz
    Soul Shriven
    Knight Ondrisse’s Orders and Knight Richel’s Orders? (Companion quests in High Isle)

These two aren't Companion Quest related, they're Zone Quest related, "People of Import" specifically.
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭

Well I'm stood in the preview house right now and cannot interact with the book!

• Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭

I started the quest from the Crown Store, and the post quest location is showing for me for one of them. Mournhold fountain between the fighter's and mages' guild. It is possible reading it could fill in both entries.

x181ckcs1sox.png

• Aleseya
    Aleseya
    Soul Shriven
    2z3jc7h42d4z.png

Im sure you can just visit any housing with this book and read it after it becomes available.
    Way easier with the housing tours now to get that one guild book from the dominion too.
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    2z3jc7h42d4z.png

Im sure you can just visit any housing with this book and read it after it becomes available.
    Way easier with the housing tours now to get that one guild book from the dominion too.

The house can be preview visited right now. The book is not interactable.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    2z3jc7h42d4z.png

Yeah, but still someone need buy this home.
  • Jupiter_Storm
    Jupiter_Storm
    ✭✭
    Gabriel_H wrote: »
    I started the quest from the Crown Store, and the post quest location is showing for me for one of them. Mournhold fountain between the fighter's and mages' guild. It is possible reading it could fill in both entries.

This is very helpful for those who are looking for Lyranth's Letter, definitely! But it's not quite the same item. I have that unlocked on my character.

To my recollection Lyranth features in two prologues; that letter you've found in Mournhold might be for another.
  • birdmann1230
    birdmann1230
    ✭✭
    Dactylz wrote: »
    Knight Ondrisse’s Orders and Knight Richel’s Orders? (Companion quests in High Isle)

These two aren't Companion Quest related, they're Zone Quest related, "People of Import" specifically.

Ah thank you. I still assume there’s not a post quest location yet.
  • Dagraenion
    Gabriel_H wrote: »

This is very helpful for those who are looking for Lyranth's Letter, definitely! But it's not quite the same item. I have that unlocked on my character.

To my recollection Lyranth features in two prologues; that letter you've found in Mournhold might be for another.

This is true. I am still looking for the other "Dread Lady's Letter, Daedric Cults" post-quest.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest? I think we need a new and SHORTER thread, which contains ONLY the following CURRENT info:

- (1) list of books that do not appear in game at all
    - (2) list of books that actually disappear during a quest and have no post-quest location (e.g. if the quest is progressed by ANY player of the group reading the book, after which it disappears for everybody else in the group regardless of whether they have read it or not
    - (3) list of books that do not disappear but are in a place that becomes locked after a quest
    - - (3a) for such areas that can be entered by grouping with a player that is in the earlier phase, (3b) for when the book's area cannot be reached even that way

WITHOUT all the other, extraneous stuff about books that DO appear in the world and ARE reachable, are not bugged, and the player in question merely does not know where to find them.

"WHERE is book X" belongs in Players Helping Players.

"Book X is not obtainable at all by me" belongs in Bug Reports.
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    To be honest? I think we need a new and SHORTER thread, which contains ONLY the following CURRENT info:

- (1) list of books that do not appear in game at all
    - (2) list of books that actually disappear during a quest and have no post-quest location (e.g. if the quest is progressed by ANY player of the group reading the book, after which it disappears for everybody else in the group regardless of whether they have read it or not
    - (3) list of books that do not disappear but are in a place that becomes locked after a quest
    - - (3a) for such areas that can be entered by grouping with a player that is in the earlier phase, (3b) for when the book's area cannot be reached even that way

WITHOUT all the other, extraneous stuff about books that DO appear in the world and ARE reachable, are not bugged, and the player in question merely does not know where to find them.

"WHERE is book X" belongs in Players Helping Players.

"Book X is not obtainable at all by me" belongs in Bug Reports.

If someone try to open a new thread, it will be closed in few hours as duplicated. That's it.
    PC | EU
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    On the Dread Lady's letter problem, I also started the quest from the crown store, being in a hurry only to realize later I had missed reading the letter, It was years ago but the first that counted was in Deshan I think, my character was Ebonheart. I noticed there were two needed, after much searching the one that worked for me was near the Shael ruins in Malabal Tor.
    hjxjzozewkhl.jpg
    Edited by aussie500 on August 23, 2024 10:19PM
  • Nilum
    Nilum
    ✭✭
    aussie500 wrote: »
    On the Dread Lady's letter problem, I also started the quest from the crown store, being in a hurry only to realize later I had missed reading the letter, It was years ago but the first that counted was in Deshan I think, my character was Ebonheart. I noticed there were two needed, after much searching the one that worked for me was near the Shael ruins in Malabal Tor.
    hjxjzozewkhl.jpg

yeah, that's how it used to be found, but post update 40 outside the rivenspire and Malabal tor delves the Dread Lady's letter (daedric cults) no longer is on the ground.

( in fact lorebooks addon still shows these items should be there )
  • Nilum
    Nilum
    ✭✭
    hjxjzozewkhl.jpg

and i checks all these possible locations from the eso database website with no luck, and also on a new toon that has not done the expack with also no luck.yd24l1ahe10c.png
  • Dagraenion
    hjxjzozewkhl.jpg

and i checks all these possible locations from the eso database website with no luck, and also on a new toon that has not done the expack with also no luck.yd24l1ahe10c.png

Hence, the problem. I know not finding these lore books, letters, etc., doesn't affect our gameplay, but it sure troubles me that I can't "complete" them.
  • ImmortalElf13
    ImmortalElf13
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a current list of books locked behind completed quests or should I just post what I'm missing and see if someone knows a location I've missed?
    Pulchra floralibus mitram iuro, tibi desinet.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a current list of books locked behind completed quests or should I just post what I'm missing and see if someone knows a location I've missed?

Might be easier to post your misding books as lots of us here know most of their locations already, and can point you to where they are, as well as any books currently bugged at the moment.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just went and ran through Miscarand where someone said they saw "letter from Andros". I can confirm that no lorebooks are present in that location nor is that or "yffre's hymn" anywhere in the locations in said quest.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Can you please confirm that the lorebooks "Letter from Aradros" and "Yffre's Hymn" are appearing correctly in game where they should be, and if not, can we forward these books to the Devs so they can get them fixed soon?
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• ImmortalElf13
    ImmortalElf13
    ✭✭✭
    I know The Prophecy of Anudnabia and From Exile to Exodus, Pt. 1 still don't have Post-Quest locations.

I'm still looking for Post-Quest locations for:

Folly of Man - Summerset
    Cipher Akacirn's Journal - Apocrypha
    Bards College Salskap Tonight! - Western Skyrim

Pulchra floralibus mitram iuro, tibi desinet.
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bookshelf question to help with my EM grind.

At one point I remember somebody telling me all bookshelves can 'drop' any book, buy I've only ever seen books from the zone im in drop from the bookshelves. So if lorebooks says a book can be found in say, rivenspire, it's rivenspire only. Yes?
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    EnerG wrote: »
    Bookshelf question to help with my EM grind.

At one point I remember somebody telling me all bookshelves can 'drop' any book, buy I've only ever seen books from the zone im in drop from the bookshelves. So if lorebooks says a book can be found in say, rivenspire, it's rivenspire only. Yes?

Can be other places. Some books are in base game zones as well as DLC zones, etc.
    @Djennku, PCNA.