Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• birdmann1230
    birdmann1230
    ✭✭
    I know The Prophecy of Anudnabia and From Exile to Exodus, Pt. 1 still don't have Post-Quest locations.

I'm still looking for Post-Quest locations for:

Folly of Man - Summerset
    Cipher Akacirn's Journal - Apocrypha
    Bards College Salskap Tonight! - Western Skyrim

If you group with someone doing the prologue quest, you can get back underwater for Anudnabia.
  • birdmann1230
    birdmann1230
    ✭✭
    EnerG wrote: »
    Bookshelf question to help with my EM grind.

At one point I remember somebody telling me all bookshelves can 'drop' any book, buy I've only ever seen books from the zone im in drop from the bookshelves. So if lorebooks says a book can be found in say, rivenspire, it's rivenspire only. Yes?

So far I’ve found that the UESP lore book pages are the most complete source of books, and usually includes multiple locations if they exist. It’s not perfect and not completely up to date but if you’re a Console player it’s invaluable. I (PS NA) occasionally got some decent help in these forum threads if I got really stuck.
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think my last question was misunderstood, I mean bookshelf only edict memory with no physical spawning locations. If it's a rivenspire bookshelf only, it will only spawn in riven shelves yes? Same as apocryphile pages bookshelf only books can only be found in apocrypha
  • ImmortalElf13
    ImmortalElf13
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]

If you group with someone doing the prologue quest, you can get back underwater for Anudnabia. [/quote]

I'm aware of the jump through someone else's portal trick. I'm just seeing if anyone knew of additional locations or can put these books on the list to pester Zos about.
    Pulchra floralibus mitram iuro, tibi desinet.
  • Tobyja
    Tobyja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think my last question was misunderstood, I mean bookshelf only edict memory with no physical spawning locations. If it's a rivenspire bookshelf only, it will only spawn in riven shelves yes? Same as apocryphile pages bookshelf only books can only be found in apocrypha

Depends on which source you're talking about. Exept one (UESP log data viewer), mostly there is just announced a location, where it once was found. That doesn't mean automatically, all possible locations are listet. Maybe yes, maybe not. You can't definitely say that for all cases. It's just the best chance, because a findspot is confirmed. Normally.
    "Am Beginn einer jeden Katastrophe steht eine Vermutung."
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has there been a found location for the last 3 scholarium scribings for "scribing for the AD/EP/DC"
  • Tobyja
    Tobyja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has there been a found location for the last 3 scholarium scribings for "scribing for the AD/EP/DC"

In your factions base camp in Cyro, near the scribing-altar. There should be a notice. If you read it, all 3 will be activated.
    "Am Beginn einer jeden Katastrophe steht eine Vermutung."
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tobyja wrote: »

In your factions base camp in Cyro, near the scribing-altar. There should be a notice. If you read it, all 3 will be activated.

Oh god dammit, I have to faction hop again for completionism LOL, these can wait till the Christmas crown sale.

Edit I just realised you said all 3 will be activated, thank you zos lol
    Edited by EnerG on August 30, 2024 11:29PM
  • Xilixia
    Xilixia
    ✭✭
    Hey, can someone please help me, is it normal that the bookshelves are not resetting in Galen for over a week now? I'm missing Systres History: Addendum, when I've finished the story, I started to run all the bookshelves every day (breaking in and all), then it started to be suspicious that I hear always a scroll's noise at the same bookshelf (I have an addon what doesn't open the books). I started to check it with 5 spots (bank, shop, tavern), same books for over a week now. Anyone had this issue before or is it a feature? Is there any solution for this? I don't mind rng, but if the bookshelves are not refreshing, it will be a tad long process to get that book -.-
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At one point I remember somebody telling me all bookshelves can 'drop' any book, buy I've only ever seen books from the zone im in drop from the bookshelves. So if lorebooks says a book can be found in say, rivenspire, it's rivenspire only. Yes?

So far I’ve found that the UESP lore book pages are the most complete source of books, and usually includes multiple locations if they exist. It’s not perfect and not completely up to date but if you’re a Console player it’s invaluable. I (PS NA) occasionally got some decent help in these forum threads if I got really stuck.

The problem with UESP is, it often has literally dozens of fake locations for some reason. E.g., at one point, it was listing almost every book from Necrom at Bangkorai gate. It lists most Gold Road books at the Skingrad crossroads... And so on...
  • birdmann1230
    birdmann1230
    ✭✭

The problem with UESP is, it often has literally dozens of fake locations for some reason. E.g., at one point, it was listing almost every book from Necrom at Bangkorai gate. It lists most Gold Road books at the Skingrad crossroads... And so on...

I never have had a huge issue with that but I think I managed to find the majority of those on my own. It doesn’t seem to get updated very quickly on the newer zones I’ve noticed. Unfortunately for those of us not on PC it’s about the only option.
    Edited by birdmann1230 on September 3, 2024 8:10PM
  • Secilina
    Secilina
    ✭✭
    Xilixia wrote: »
    Hey, can someone please help me, is it normal that the bookshelves are not resetting in Galen for over a week now? I'm missing Systres History: Addendum, when I've finished the story, I started to run all the bookshelves every day (breaking in and all), then it started to be suspicious that I hear always a scroll's noise at the same bookshelf (I have an addon what doesn't open the books). I started to check it with 5 spots (bank, shop, tavern), same books for over a week now. Anyone had this issue before or is it a feature? Is there any solution for this? I don't mind rng, but if the bookshelves are not refreshing, it will be a tad long process to get that book -.-

bookshelves reset 24 hours after you last interacted with them, so check slightly less often.
  • Xilixia
    Xilixia
    ✭✭
    Secilina wrote: »
    Xilixia wrote: »

bookshelves reset 24 hours after you last interacted with them, so check slightly less often.

Aah, I see, thanks :)
  • Daniel141182
    Daniel141182
    ✭✭
    anyone know where these can be found post quest

1:dawnwood note
    2:letter from aradros
    3:note to nantharion
    4:Y`ffre`s hymn
    5:kharsthun`s translation second stanza
    6:hanbook for a new home
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dawnwood note and note to nanthanion are in the one spot in vashabar accessable post-quest. Handbook for new honeowners just became available through a ESO store starter pack bundle.

EDIT: the others are bugged
    Edited by Djennku on September 4, 2024 7:42PM
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Handbook for New Homeowners:
    So we have already 3 homes where we can find book ;)
    ts35e0q2w5ap.png
    0cshnokc3wgx.jpg

So my new list missing books (yes i know are bugged):

Orsinium Archive:
    Kharsthun's Translation, Second Stanza

West Weald Writings:
    Letter from Aradros
    Y'ffre's Hymn
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    Handbook for New Homeowners:
    So we have already 3 homes where we can find book ;)
    ts35e0q2w5ap.png
    0cshnokc3wgx.jpg

So my new list missing books (yes i know are bugged):

Orsinium Archive:

West Weald Writings:
    Letter from Aradros
    Y'ffre's Hymn

When they add quest books to edict memory. Like Kharstuns second stanza translation they need to take the time to add a post quest location too, lol
  • Daniel141182
    Daniel141182
    ✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »

Dawnwood note and note to nanthanion are in the one spot in vashabar accessable post-quest. Handbook for new honeowners just became available through a ESO store starter pack bundle.

I must be blind, where in vashabar checked all the small huts
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wilderhall. Right in the middle-ish area of vashabar. It's an indoor location with a bunch of books.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wilderhall. Right in the middle-ish area of vashabar. It's an indoor location with a bunch of books.

34p0sv6ix2w1.jpg

Entrance about where my cursor is.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Daniel141182
    Daniel141182
    ✭✭
    Thank you
  • Mirumorg
    Mirumorg
    ✭✭✭
    For Handbook for New Homeowners you can visit my primary residence. You can find me in The Home Tours. The book is near Replica Jubilee Cake 2024
  • Vitgar
    Vitgar
    TYVM Mirumorg :)
  • Orakel_von_Tamriel
    i am missing the following books on my main:

Orsinium Archive:

Summerset Scrolls:

Lirendel's Family Shrine (= Post-Quest-Location)
    Naliara's Notes, Day 2 (= Post-Quest-Location)
    Naliara's Notes, Day 8 (= Post-Quest-Location)

West Weald Writings:

Letter from Aradros
    Y'ffre's Hymn

any idea? :)
    Edited by Orakel_von_Tamriel on September 5, 2024 6:23PM
  • Aiolos94
    Aiolos94
    Soul Shriven
    My missing Books. :neutral:
    Orsinium Archiv
    - Kharsthun's Translation, Second Stanza (Bug)

The Devoted and the Deranged
    - Introduction to Aedric Studies (random bookshelves IC? really? have been looking for the whole month)

Books of Blackwood
    - Courier-Delivered Letter (= Post-Quest-Location?) (Bug?)
    - Invitation Cover Letter (= Post-Quest-Location?)(Bug?)
    - Letter to Matus Amnis (= Post-Quest-Location?)(Bug?)

Summerset Scrolls:
    - Naliara's Notes, Day 13 (= Post-Quest-Location)(Bug?)

West Weald Writings
    - Letter fron Aradros(Bug?)
    - Y´ffre´s Hymn(Bug?)

Solitude Solioquies
    - Gray Host Communique(Bug?)

any idea? *hoppeful*
    Edited by Aiolos94 on September 10, 2024 11:21AM
  • birdmann1230
    birdmann1230
    ✭✭
    Aiolos94 wrote: »
    My missing Books. :neutral:
    Orsinium Archiv
    - Kharsthun's Translation, Second Stanza (Bug)

The Devoted and the Deranged
    - Introduction to Aedric Studies (random bookshelves IC? really? have been looking for the whole month)

Books of Blackwood
    - Courier-Delivered Letter (= Post-Quest-Location?) (Bug?)
    - Invitation Cover Letter (= Post-Quest-Location?)(Bug?)
    - Letter to Matus Amnis (= Post-Quest-Location?)(Bug?)

Summerset Scrolls:
    - Naliara's Notes, Day 13 (= Post-Quest-Location)(Bug?)

West Weald Writings
    - Letter fron Aradros(Bug?)
    - Y´ffre´s Hymn(Bug?)

Solitude Solioquies
    - Gray Host Communique(Bug?)

any idea? *hoppeful*

Yes Aedric Studies can be found in IC bookshelves. I was able to get that one in the DC base if you’re blue, there’s six shelves down there.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I correct in thinking, that with "random bookshelves" books, they all *technically* could appear on any eligible bookshelf, but there are usually a couple on which they are for some reason more predisposed to show up than on others?

For instance, I have found "Glorious Upheaval" three times... two of them were in the same place (which is marked by LoreBooks as an official place for the book to be found, but it's actually a random bookshelf), the third was in the Daggerfall homebase...
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭

jle30303 wrote: »
    Am I correct in thinking, that with "random bookshelves" books, they all *technically* could appear on any eligible bookshelf, but there are usually a couple on which they are for some reason more predisposed to show up than on others?

For instance, I have found "Glorious Upheaval" three times... two of them were in the same place (which is marked by LoreBooks as an official place for the book to be found, but it's actually a random bookshelf), the third was in the Daggerfall homebase...

Any bookshelf in the zone will have a chance to show a book found in the zone bookshelf pool. They rest every 24 hours.
  • birdmann1230
    birdmann1230
    ✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »

I’m a console player so unfortunately I can’t speak to the add ons.
  • BradTheNord
    BradTheNord
    ✭✭
    I know people are probably starting to get sick of me asking for this to be fixed but it’s the only thing I need ….

Please can we get a post quest location for “A Mud Covered Letter” from the Telvanni Peninsula.

I didn’t read the note in my inventory during the quest and theirs still no way of reading it post quest. Its been this way over a year now please can we get a post quest location… thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin