Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Malubeth set

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

Are you sure nothing was changed.

The only thing, as you noted, was the removal of the Battle Spirit double nerf. But you know, spells aren't supposed to be double nerfed from Battle Spirit. But I admit, that bug fix made it more powerful. But it was always a strong set. Overpowered? I don't think so. Because as I said, there are equally powerful sets all over now. Malubeth fits a play style. But that style is not for everyone.

Well, it is not "OP" with major mending since it just fit with templar's main defense skill same way as Bloodpawn/Tava synnergize with dk Battle Roar and being the reason why 90% of dks wear it. I saw same way - stamblade tanked 3 people with instant 100%hp and easily killed them. The main problem here i think is that it stack with Major Vitality buff coz than healing/HoT becoming really unbalanced, so classes can stack new Vitality potion+Malubeth to get high HoT and templars can stack Vitality+Mending+Malubeth to achieve 25k crit BoL. I believe it should be changed for granting Major Vitality while beam is proccing, so it will be equal for all classes and won't be completely ruined.
    Edited by Cinbri on June 6, 2016 10:19AM
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only thing, as you noted, was the removal of the Battle Spirit double nerf. But you know, spells aren't supposed to be double nerfed from Battle Spirit. But I admit, that bug fix made it more powerful. But it was always a strong set. Overpowered? I don't think so. Because as I said, there are equally powerful sets all over now. Malubeth fits a play style. But that style is not for everyone.

Lol... dont you see? Because of that change/bug fix Malubeth fits EVERY playstyle now. Go ahead and craft me any playstyle you want, any potato running malubeth + heavy/medium/light armors + fasallas/anything really.... is going to pwn ur playstyle. He will either kill you, or never die.

Yes, this set had always been good.... in theory. But because battlespirit was applying before DB, it was balanced. And now, since that second bonus effect doesnt have a specific category, it just stacks with every other healing bonus. They need to change that 2nd bonus to Major Mending or something and be done with it.

Also, I think the 1st effect heal from Malubeth (5-6k heals) is also ignoring Battlespirit but not sure if it was intended and to sleepy to do all that work. If it is.. obviously broken.
    Edited by PainfulFAFA on June 6, 2016 10:23AM
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    I heard Battle Spirit is not applying to Malubeth set.
    Day 1 pvp and immediately could tell something was off with that set.

edit: now im hearing its supposed to ignore battle spirit (its intended). If so, there is something obviously wrong with it lol. I am not supposed to be tanking 10 ppl in medium armor....

People tank in light armor with this broken set.

You can reach mitigation cap in light armor, and block reduction was decoupled from heavy armor. It has nothing to do with Malubeth.
    Cinbri wrote: »
    80% of people use it now. I guess this patch was designed as place under the sun for Malubeth.
    Plz make Engine robot uninterruptable with next patch :wink:

When I made this thread it felt like 50% of people I fought was using it, but yesterday it sure felt more like 80%, fotm ftw.

The only people who are going to be wearing this set are gankers or 1vXers. It is always going to be a minority set because most people are grouped. If you are grouped you don't need it because you have your own heals and it would be better to go with a set that actually does damage.
    Edited by Armitas on June 6, 2016 10:29AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played around with this set over the weekend. This set is NOT OP... Least it was not on my DK...
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

edit: now im hearing its supposed to ignore battle spirit (its intended). If so, there is something obviously wrong with it lol. I am not supposed to be tanking 10 ppl in medium armor....

You can reach mitigation cap in light armor, and block reduction was decoupled from heavy armor. It has nothing to do with Malubeth.

You can also reach healing bonus cap in light armor now and coupled with divines/impen with ritual/atro/serpent stones for maximum survivability and like 30% of that healing bonus ignores battle spirit lol.... has everything to do with malubeth why else is it suddenly meta?
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    I played around with this set over the weekend. This set is NOT OP... Least it was not on my DK...

Yeah it feels just right on mDK. It's the band-aid for over a years worth of multiple amputee surgeries.
    Edited by Armitas on June 6, 2016 10:33AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can also reach healing bonus cap in light armor now and coupled with divines/impen with ritual/atro/serpent stones for maximum survivability and like 30% of that healing bonus ignores battle spirit lol.... has everything to do with malubeth why else is it suddenly meta?

Because it was on the pts notes and streamers are hyping it. The heal is less than a rapid regen crit at the best of times. People are mainly using it for the heal buff that hasn't been changed. With even more defiles out there through NB's and poisons it's become a near must for heal poor classes or people that fight solo. You could remove the entire heal and I would still wear it everyday solo. Armor does nothing in cyro, and since I have no mobility it's kind of a must solo.
    Edited by Armitas on June 6, 2016 10:41AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Because it was on the pts notes and streamers are hyping it. The heal is less than a rapid regen crit at the best of times. People are mainly using it for the heal buff that hasn't been changed. With even more defiles out there through NB's and poisons it's become a near must for heal poor classes or people that fight solo. You could remove the entire heal and I would still wear it everyday solo.

Well, if it would be revamped to grant Major Vitality buff for same duration as now upon being hit without healing beam(like Bloodspawn), this would really became nice and toned down it a bit.
    Edited by Cinbri on June 6, 2016 10:42AM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Because it was on the pts notes and streamers are hyping it. The heal is less than a rapid regen crit at the best of times. People are mainly using it for the heal buff that hasn't been changed. With even more defiles out there through NB's and poisons it's become a near must for heal poor classes or people that fight solo. You could remove the entire heal and I would still wear it everyday solo.

Well, if it would be revamped to grant Major Vitality buff for same duration as now upon being hit without healing beam(like Bloodspawn), this would really became nice and toned down it a bit.

I don't want to speak for everyone but i'm fine with that. Or keep the proc chance and have it remove 2 debuffs (not dots) or 1 debuff with a minor hot based on max health or something (not missing health). Having it based on max health would force the set into tanky builds rather than burst builds.

All my armor pen comes from CP. Could someone check the heal out in a full penetration build with as much crit modifier as you can get (Shadow Mundus, Elfborn etc). Let the damage and the heal crit and then let us know what you get. If there is something abbynormal going on with the heal then that might be the problem people are seeing.

Might even want to check Thaumaturge.
    Edited by Armitas on June 6, 2016 10:55AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, it is not "OP" with major mending since it just fit with templar's main defense skill same way as Bloodpawn/Tava synnergize with dk Battle Roar and being the reason why 90% of dks wear it. I saw same way - stamblade tanked 3 people with instant 100%hp and easily killed them. The main problem here i think is that it stack with Major Vitality buff coz than healing/HoT becoming really unbalanced, so classes can stack new Vitality potion+Malubeth to get high HoT and templars can stack Vitality+Mending+Malubeth to achieve 25k crit BoL. I believe it should be changed for granting Major Vitality while beam is proccing, so it will be equal for all classes and won't be completely ruined.

I could accept that.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol and i wasnt even trying too
    Now try using malubeth + fasallas + anything else... its just dumb af.

Try killing a templar in light armor using 5 transmutasion with malubeth, it shouldnt be possible, but it is.

This setup has always been used. Nothing has changed, except that Monster Sets are now available for AP once a week. Now that sets are easier to get, you will see more and more people using them. It isn't even the best setup for a Magicka Templar, though it is strong.

As for being constructive, I get tired of the constant whine threads and calling for unnecessary nerfs. Right now, all classes have access to equally powerful pvp setups. Find a strong combination that works for you. If you think it's so strong, then use it.

Well, what you see as "whine" others see as "unbalanced or OP" The amount of threads and posts on forum about this set in particular should be evidence enough that it needs looked at.

I've only seen two. And one is this one. Are there more? And you are right about one thing, when someone gets beat, they see it as "unbalanced or OP".

Somewhat troll post thinking someone was owned in a fight and they posted QQ thread about it on forum.

No, what initially made me curious about his set was seeing how first a dk was tanking 3 people with this set even while he was cced his hp was still barely moving because this purple beam was almost permanently proccin on someone. The later I saw a templar do the same vs many more ppl, yea they all died in the end, but took way, way too long. Then the rest of the day and the following days you now see 50%+ of the people you fight are using this set and they survive way too easily just because of this set coupled with major mending specificly. This is just my opinion, and many others it seems, but you are free to disagree, constructively.

It's funny how easily you throw out that "many others seem to agree with you." I have yet to see many others. So let's not exaggerate. Is that constructive?

Just take a count of how many agree or find it otherwise too strong in this thread and the other thread ("Malubeth in pvp") and im fairly if not 100% sure that nr will strongly exceed the oposite side. So its not "thrown out"

PC EU
    PvP only
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Try killing a templar in light armor using 5 transmutasion with malubeth, it shouldnt be possible, but it is.

This setup has always been used. Nothing has changed, except that Monster Sets are now available for AP once a week. Now that sets are easier to get, you will see more and more people using them. It isn't even the best setup for a Magicka Templar, though it is strong.

As for being constructive, I get tired of the constant whine threads and calling for unnecessary nerfs. Right now, all classes have access to equally powerful pvp setups. Find a strong combination that works for you. If you think it's so strong, then use it.

Well, what you see as "whine" others see as "unbalanced or OP" The amount of threads and posts on forum about this set in particular should be evidence enough that it needs looked at.

I've only seen two. And one is this one. Are there more? And you are right about one thing, when someone gets beat, they see it as "unbalanced or OP".

Somewhat troll post thinking someone was owned in a fight and they posted QQ thread about it on forum.

No, what initially made me curious about his set was seeing how first a dk was tanking 3 people with this set even while he was cced his hp was still barely moving because this purple beam was almost permanently proccin on someone. The later I saw a templar do the same vs many more ppl, yea they all died in the end, but took way, way too long. Then the rest of the day and the following days you now see 50%+ of the people you fight are using this set and they survive way too easily just because of this set coupled with major mending specificly. This is just my opinion, and many others it seems, but you are free to disagree, constructively.

It's funny how easily you throw out that "many others seem to agree with you." I have yet to see many others. So let's not exaggerate. Is that constructive?

Just take a count of how many agree or find it otherwise too strong in this thread and the other thread ("Malubeth in pvp") and im fairly if not 100% sure that nr will strongly exceed the oposite side. So its not "thrown out"

lol. A thread that's 2-3 pages long with multiple posts written by the same people. Yar...whatever.

Edit...just looked at Joy's comment about it not being OP. Joy has 19 agrees and 5 awesomes. :blush:
    Edited by maxjapank on June 6, 2016 11:23AM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be fine, its the stacking of healing buffs thats the basic issue, nothing else, good suggestion.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol. A thread that's 2-3 pages long with multiple posts written by the same people. Yar...whatever.

Why dont you go take a look at the other thread too, its based on forum opinion, not <only this thread> ok bruh?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [q ok bruh?

Sorry...re-read my edit. ...
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [q ok bruh?

Sorry...re-read my edit. ...

So what, go check the other thread aswell. Lets for arguments sake say if someone put up a poll: "Malubeth OP yes or no" if the no side won by a margin, the yes side would still be "many"? getit? You saying I "thow" it out there is just....whatever..

PC EU
    PvP only
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK passive increase healing recieved by 12% with a draconic ability active

DK Skill morph coagulating blood increase healing recieved by 8%

Heavy armoru passive increase healing recieved by 8%

Malubeth Proc while teathered increase healingr ecieved by 30%

12% + 8% + 8% = 28% for DK tanks + 30% for Malubet thats 58% more healing from all sources before factoring in champion points or even adding any crafted/drop set (besides malubeth).

With the joke of heals for a magicka DK in pvp since IC, malubeth is one very sound and great option if you ask me.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »

12% + 8% + 8% = 28% for DK tanks + 30% for Malubet thats 58% more healing from all sources before factoring in champion points or even adding any crafted/drop set (besides malubeth).

With the joke of heals for a magicka DK in pvp since IC, malubeth is one very sound and great option if you ask me.

I believe you can also add major mending from their class shield, correct? (igneous shield) Since malubeth's 30% increased healing isnt major mending, but something of its own.
    Edited by olsborg on June 6, 2016 11:45AM

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »

Some of these values are multiplicative rather than additive. I tested in the past but I am not sure how it is right now. But I guess they are still multiplicative and that is why they scale better.
    Because I can!
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malubeth <3
    In Open-World-PvP I love this. Let's me tank zergs for minutes! And it buys enough time for my duo/smaller group to kill off some of the zerglings. In duels on the other hand, stacking Malubeth with Major Vitality/Major Mending(Or both.. Poisons wtf?!) is stupid in duels. Seen a templar in a duel use Fasalla's + Malu + Major mending. Wouldn't surprise me if he used poisons with major vitality, too. TELL ME that, that is not OP af in duels.

There's been organised dueling, at least on EU-server, and I've seen people bieng called out in Guild Chat when using Major Mending/Vitality & Malu. Cus it's just not a fair fight. If I play my open-world-build in a duel, only defensive as I usually do in Open-World- Only a few are capable of killing me. And thats not cus I'm good at the game - it's cus I'm able to stack Major Mending + Malu. It gives an unfair advantage in a duel, imo. But hey, it's good to see that some people got the decency to take off Malu with Major mending/Vitality. Gives me back hope in humanity ;)

In Open-World where small/med-scale players gets zerged by 50+, Malubeth is what's needed to tank'm. In duels or 1v1, it's ***. Fortunately I've seen them banned from Duelling-tournaments :> Which is great.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing that won't trigger a forum poster. Most of you are so sad. I went hunting for malebeth user over the whole weekend killed them just as quick as anyone else thanks for the ridiculous helmet ZOS aka target. Tanks in pvp ha ha. That's like saying I die in 4 seconds vs 2 seconds.. Your a tank... congrats. You guys get you Azz kicked by a malebeth user and draw the conclusion it's op. It seems to me that some ppl won't be happy until we have only one class for us all with heavy and light attacks and nothing else. Methinks ZOS is not ruining the game... players are. No Bueno... No Bueno.
    Edited by DHale on June 6, 2016 12:15PM
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malubeth <3
    In Open-World-PvP I love this. Let's me tank zergs for minutes! And it buys enough time for my duo/smaller group to kill off some of the zerglings. In duels on the other hand, stacking Malubeth with Major Vitality/Major Mending(Or both.. Poisons wtf?!) is stupid in duels. Seen a templar in a duel use Fasalla's + Malu + Major mending. Wouldn't surprise me if he used poisons with major vitality, too. TELL ME that, that is not OP af in duels.

There's been organised dueling, at least on EU-server, and I've seen people bieng called out in Guild Chat when using Major Mending/Vitality & Malu. Cus it's just not a fair fight. If I play my open-world-build in a duel, only defensive as I usually do in Open-World- Only a few are capable of killing me. And thats not cus I'm good at the game - it's cus I'm able to stack Major Mending + Malu. It gives an unfair advantage in a duel, imo. But hey, it's good to see that some people got the decency to take off Malu with Major mending/Vitality. Gives me back hope in humanity ;)

In Open-World where small/med-scale players gets zerged by 50+, Malubeth is what's needed to tank'm. In duels or 1v1, it's ***. Fortunately I've seen them banned from Duelling-tournaments :> Which is great.

Didn't they ban Malu from the dueling tournament for only classes with major mending or in combination with shieldbreaker? Something like that.

A stam NB and a stam sorc should be able to use it since they don't have access to major mending.

About the set; Dont nurf it, wear fasallas + rev bash or incap strike :trollface:
    EU | PC
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on xbox so can't try it yet, but anyone tried malaubeth ans Cyrodiil's light on a templar and become immortal while poking?
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    80% of people use it now. I guess this patch was designed as place under the sun for Malubeth.
    Plz make Engine robot uninterruptable with next patch :wink:

The reasons so many players are using it is because damage is so dang high and heal debuffs are readily accessible.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol... dont you see? Because of that change/bug fix Malubeth fits EVERY playstyle now. Go ahead and craft me any playstyle you want, any potato running malubeth + heavy/medium/light armors + fasallas/anything really.... is going to pwn ur playstyle. He will either kill you, or never die.

Yes, this set had always been good.... in theory. But because battlespirit was applying before DB, it was balanced. And now, since that second bonus effect doesnt have a specific category, it just stacks with every other healing bonus. They need to change that 2nd bonus to Major Mending or something and be done with it.

Also, I think the 1st effect heal from Malubeth (5-6k heals) is also ignoring Battlespirit but not sure if it was intended and to sleepy to do all that work. If it is.. obviously broken.

No it wasn't. When ZoS introduced the 50% battle spirit, it was quickly recognized that skills which have a DPS + heal component were getting doubly effected and thus lost a lot of their relative power. I used this set twice before this patch and stopped using for the same reasons: 1) it did not proc very often and 2) when it did proc, the effect wasn't as good as something I'd get from engine gaurdian (which procs more often) or Valkyn (which back in the day could do 9K and instantly end a fight).

malubeth_zpslqbwcyy4.jpg

That was there reason less than 2% of the PvP population used this set, not because 98% of the people were too dumb to see how allegedly OP it was.

Edit: saved off topic draft
    Edited by Joy_Division on June 6, 2016 2:34PM
  • incognito222
    incognito222
    ✭✭✭
    I've been following both threads (here and the one titled "Malubeth in pvp") and agree both sides have valid points. IMHO we need more concrete data and testing prior to reaching a conclusion. As some have suggested, it may (or may not) be other factors contributing to the set performing more than intended (and not due to the set itself). With time, I hope this becomes clearer for all of us.

In future after undeniable proof (through tests, more data and solid numbers) if this set is indeed over performing, I am all for it to be more balanced, but not before. At the moment when I decide to equip this set during 1v1, I win some and lose some, which is the nature of gaming. Has it made me more survivable? Yes. Has it made me a godlike potato? No, I get stomped on 1v1 by others quite often.

I'd like to ask everyone to consider the current state of PVP from another perspective. I am beginning to notice a certain psychological phenomena that may have been conditioned over the years and months of playing ESO PVP. Please correct me if my observations are mistaken :

"Due to the DPS race, players are used to bursting down and killing others quickly that it has become normal for them to do so. Having a player stand their ground and survive longer than 'usual' (or being harder to kill by them not dodge rolling, blinking or cloaking away) is considered 'unnatural' and has become the cause of much grief for many. If the developers intended players (tanks in particular) to be more survivable by equipping this set, would they be wrong to do so? Admittedly, other non-tanks are equipping this set to be complement their playstyle and become more survivable. Is it wrong to stand your ground and be survivable ?"

Something for us to reflect and think about ...

I believe the core intention is to allow for all playstyles and that is what the developers are trying to provide through introduction of various item sets, weapons, poisons, skills, etc.

I'm relieved to see the community come together to discuss and provide constructive criticism in a game we all love and enjoy. Despite its many shortcomings, the developers are trying to improve the state of the game, and we should give them credit for trying. I can only imagine how horrendously difficult it must be to manage an MMO and we do not know what constraints they have to work with. Nobody wants to put a faulty product on the market on purpose, especially if it feeds their families.

Just my two cents ... wish you all a good day, peace and happiness to all.

Edited by incognito222 on June 6, 2016 2:21PM
    * Playing from Indonesia *
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see what people will QQ about next.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Malubeth <3

Didn't they ban Malu from the dueling tournament for only classes with major mending or in combination with shieldbreaker? Something like that.

A stam NB and a stam sorc should be able to use it since they don't have access to major mending.

About the set; Dont nurf it, wear fasallas + rev bash or incap strike :trollface:

Yeah, they did! :> Mentioned Shield Breaker. Now I want to QQQQQQQ. Pls dont encourage Fasalla's :( People are already using it with major mending and malubeth *sulks*
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    cant comment with my own views or experiences on malabeth in DB as consoles don't have DB. but this topic makes me uneasy

If you really want to give this credence for or against Malabeth being powerful (in fact not just powerful but TOO powerful). you're gonna have to do better than "I saw this one guy manage not to die instantly to 10 guys".... I can see people do that now with LoS and dodge +shuffle. Telling me some guy tanked 10 players for a 2 minutes means nothing to me unless i can see the caliber of the participants.

Vids go a long way

A monster set that makes you tanky through healing buff sounds great. I'm glad its at the very least considered a viable alternative monster set to use in pvp, but to scream nerf straight out the gate, this soon into DB release, i just cant agree with it yet.

bare in mind ..... 6% chance to proc on being hit assuming you are within 10m of agressor and maintain 10m, and it comes up on average once every 17 hits if the tooltip is correct...I see no "timer" on the tool tip, so assume therefore it is only active whilst the beam holds? sounds pretty easy to counter in open world pvp where battles are rarely 1v1, you are rarely actually 0m away from someone, a dodge can carry you quite a few meters, and there are speed buffs, snares, immmobilizes, and knock backs which are normally already in most peoples arsenals.

and does anyone know definitively what skills can actually proc it, dots? aoe?, all damage sources?
    Edited by willymchilybily on June 6, 2016 3:36PM
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried Malubeth on my nite blade tank. It worked ok I guess, but I like blood spawn better. Until I get lord warden......