Malubeth set

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MichYodias wrote: »
    Armitas wrote: »
    Synozeer wrote: »
    On the PTS Malubeth was healing me for 7k-11k per tick. Definitely bugged.
    But what is the damage of the proc doing? The heal is based on damage done ("stealing life"), but the heal itself is buffed by it's own bonus to healing received. Identifying how much damage it is doing will help isolate the potential problem: did the damage or heal get bugged (eg they accidentally exempted the entire proc from the Battle Spirit debuff, rather than only the heal), or is the heal simply being buffed to high levels by multiple sources.

Mine is doing about 300-400 damage a tick. I have no idea how he is getting healed for that much. The only reason I use malubeth at all is for the disease counter.

I think that after a fight you go and look at the healing beakdown in ftc from scourge harvester, it includes all the incoming heals while malubeth was proccd. So say i get hit by a BoL while its proccd its going to show me getting a 15k heal tick in my breakdown. Or say im sapping while its procced its going to show all thise heals as ticks of malebeth and people look after a fight and theyre like danggg son my Malubeth did 100k heals when in reality that was all of the incoming heals u got while u had the buff. Even if you pop a pot while its active your going to see that huge heal under scourge harvester. So think of Malubeth's ftc breakdown as a filter for all heals while it was active.

Ah that makes much more sense.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • MichYodias
    MichYodias
    ✭✭✭

That was likely your self honor of the deads showing up under scourge harvester. Even say you pop devouring swarm with a fatty stack and malubeth proccd, those devouring heals will show up in scourge harvester ftc and itll show a bunch of ticks and and a lot of heals but in reality it was devouring heals + 30%

Haxus
    FiF
    IR
    Nexus

Minch Yoda V16 DK EP
    YODA-ONE v16 Sorc EP
    Yoda-San v16 NB EP
    Yodias V16 Temp healbot EP
    Human Centipad V16 Stamplar EP
    Yodai V16 AD Sorc
    Woodland Critters v4 DC stamblade
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malubeth has always been ridiculously strong. Just now loads of people have started to notice it seems.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    Malubeth has always been ridiculously strong. Just now loads of people have started to notice it seems.

Yep, was always one of the strongest sets. Just had to play to it's strengths, putting on a weird helmet doesn't do the trick on its own.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
    Options
  • MichYodias
    MichYodias
    ✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »

The scenarios where it is too strong is on temps and dks in duels. I believe eu banned that on those classes. Open world the set is fine and its counterable. Just dont confuse the scourge harvester healing in ftc breakdown with the set heal. Its as useful to a sap NB as blood spawn is to a dk.
    Haxus
    FiF
    IR
    Nexus

Minch Yoda V16 DK EP
    YODA-ONE v16 Sorc EP
    Yoda-San v16 NB EP
    Yodias V16 Temp healbot EP
    Human Centipad V16 Stamplar EP
    Yodai V16 AD Sorc
    Woodland Critters v4 DC stamblade
    Options
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does anyone know the average mutagen ticks with malubeth, vitality buff, and avg spell power (say 3k kicks for giggles)?

Options
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MichYodias wrote: »

That was likely your self honor of the deads showing up under scourge harvester. Even say you pop devouring swarm with a fatty stack and malubeth proccd, those devouring heals will show up in scourge harvester ftc and itll show a bunch of ticks and and a lot of heals but in reality it was devouring heals + 30%

Nope. My Honor the Deads only heal at most 6k. Was using Malubeth today and got a 22k healing tick along with plenty more oversized heals. But also was getting 5k ticks with Red Diamond while wearing Malubeth. Meanwhile the damage being done with Malubeth is still only 500ish or so per tick. Definitely think its something to do with the 30% increase in healing being affected by something else causing it to magnify the heals done during that time by a lot more.

Oh, and another bug I found while wearing Malubeth - the Guard skill procs Red Diamond on me (when someone else is guarding me), so I was getting a ton of heals with Red Diamond even though I'm magicka and only when I was being Guarded.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
    Options
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because a few people started actually wearing it and think it is a FOTM doesn't mean it is OP.

Heal debuffs are common, the beam only stays active if actual target is and remains within 10 meters, and it's not like Engine Guardian and Valkyn and Bloodspawn are providing marginal combat effectiveness.

No wonder so many sets are trash. At the hint of them being useful, people are proclaiming them to be OP

which is why we cant ever have nice things. I agree with op though, it does need to be affected by battlespirit, t=distinguishing between pve/pvp is often forgotten.
    Options
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    Just because a few people started actually wearing it and think it is a FOTM doesn't mean it is OP.

Heal debuffs are common, the beam only stays active if actual target is and remains within 10 meters, and it's not like Engine Guardian and Valkyn and Bloodspawn are providing marginal combat effectiveness.

No wonder so many sets are trash. At the hint of them being useful, people are proclaiming them to be OP

Yea, you see it procc, spend stamina or whatever you need to to break the procc, not only have you spent resources doing so, but your target is most likely already full health regardless, then, not 10 seconds later it proccs again.

Sounds like it's strong against melee and useless against ranged.

We all know range is impossible to maintain with any reliability in this game. :s
    Edited by kadar on June 4, 2016 11:42PM
    Options
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Malubeth+7x Impen+Major Mending+Transmutation= godmode.

10/10 balanced

That is because Transmutation and Major Mending are both overperforming. Malubeth is basically the least needed part of that package.

Transmutation by itself is roughly 20% Crit damage reduction. It probably isn't optimal to run more than 4 Impen if you keep Transmutation up unless you plan to run without any CP into Crit Resistance.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      Options
    1. Ch4mpTW
      Ch4mpTW
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Lmao. Are you guys in this thread serious? The set was pretty terrible and unnoticed for the most part for months on end, and overlooked. DB launches, and a few hype masters start bigging it up, and now it's starting to chug along on the FOTM train? People are out here calling it broken and overpowered? Are you all serious? You guys gotta serious stop the FOTM nonsense, and hyping everything up that a few streamers and so-called "PVP elites" use.
      Edited by Ch4mpTW on June 4, 2016 11:48PM
      Options
    2. Eejit1331
      Eejit1331
      ✭✭✭
      I tested this on the ps4 and did not find the same high proc rate. Perhaps this is just a pc issue.
      Options
    3. PainfulFAFA
      PainfulFAFA
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I heard Battle Spirit is not applying to Malubeth set.
      Day 1 pvp and immediately could tell something was off with that set.

edit: now im hearing its supposed to ignore battle spirit (its intended). If so, there is something obviously wrong with it lol. I am not supposed to be tanking 10 ppl in medium armor....
      Edited by PainfulFAFA on June 6, 2016 4:07AM
      PC NA
      Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
      MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
    4. olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

edit: now im hearing its supposed to ignore battle spirit (its intended). If so, there is something obviously wrong with it lol. I am not supposed to be tanking 10 ppl in medium armor....

People tank in light armor with this broken set.

PC EU
      PvP only
      Options
    5. maxjapank
      maxjapank
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Another nerf thread from you?
      Options
    6. olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      maxjapank wrote: »

Another nerf thread from you?

Thank you for this constructive addition to this thread.

PC EU
      PvP only
      Options
    7. PainfulFAFA
      PainfulFAFA
      ✭✭✭✭✭

lol and i wasnt even trying too
      Now try using malubeth + fasallas + anything else... its just dumb af.
      PC NA

Options
    8. olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Try killing a templar in light armor using 5 transmutasion with malubeth, it shouldnt be possible, but it is.

PC EU
      PvP only
      Options
    9. Cinbri
      Cinbri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      80% of people use it now. I guess this patch was designed as place under the sun for Malubeth.
      Plz make Engine robot uninterruptable with next patch :wink:
      Edited by Cinbri on June 6, 2016 7:29AM
      Options
    10. olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Cinbri wrote: »
      80% of people use it now. I guess this patch was designed as place under the sun for Malubeth.
      Plz make Engine robot uninterruptable with next patch :wink:

When I made this thread it felt like 50% of people I fought was using it, but yesterday it sure felt more like 80%, fotm ftw.

PC EU
      PvP only
      Options
    11. ninjaguyman
      ninjaguyman
      ✭✭✭
      Quick question, has anything actually changed about malubeth this patch? I've almost always used malubeth on my nb tank before until around thieves guild launched, but it seemed largely unpopular. but this patch malubeth tanks are popping up everywhere in pvp it seems...
      Characters:
      AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
      DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
      Options
    12. maxjapank
      maxjapank
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Try killing a templar in light armor using 5 transmutasion with malubeth, it shouldnt be possible, but it is.

This setup has always been used. Nothing has changed, except that Monster Sets are now available for AP once a week. Now that sets are easier to get, you will see more and more people using them. It isn't even the best setup for a Magicka Templar, though it is strong.

As for being constructive, I get tired of the constant whine threads and calling for unnecessary nerfs. Right now, all classes have access to equally powerful pvp setups. Find a strong combination that works for you. If you think it's so strong, then use it.
      Options
    13. olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

This setup has always been used. Nothing has changed, except that Monster Sets are now available for AP once a week. Now that sets are easier to get, you will see more and more people using them. It isn't even the best setup for a Magicka Templar, though it is strong.

As for being constructive, I get tired of the constant whine threads and calling for unnecessary nerfs. Right now, all classes have access to equally powerful pvp setups. Find a strong combination that works for you. If you think it's so strong, then use it.

Well, what you see as "whine" others see as "unbalanced or OP" The amount of threads and posts on forum about this set in particular should be evidence enough that it needs looked at.

PC EU
      PvP only
      Options
    14. maxjapank
      maxjapank
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Well, what you see as "whine" others see as "unbalanced or OP" The amount of threads and posts on forum about this set in particular should be evidence enough that it needs looked at.

I've only seen two. And one is this one. Are there more? And you are right about one thing, when someone gets beat, they see it as "unbalanced or OP".
      Options
    15. PainfulFAFA
      PainfulFAFA
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Quick question, has anything actually changed about malubeth this patch? I've almost always used malubeth on my nb tank before until around thieves guild launched, but it seemed largely unpopular. but this patch malubeth tanks are popping up everywhere in pvp it seems...

Yes.
      https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2909368#Comment_2909368
      They removed the Battle Spirit double nerf from this set from healing based on damage done, abilities like Surge and Invigorating Drain.

So lets say i use Surge and Wrecking Blow you (assuming we have the old Surge that healed based on damage done, btw i like the flat-heal better :o) and i hit you for 10k.

Pre-DB, that heals with Surge wouldve been 5k. Now lets say that Malubeth was procced. My total heal would've been 30% more healing... so 5000* 30%= 6500 heals, but it was being cut in halve again so it wouldve been 3200ish total heal.
      Post-DB that total heal is now 6500. Plus the initial 5-6k heal that it does.... PLUS Major Mending..... PLUUUUS CPs...... PLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSS whatever other gear that adds Healing taken that you can stack.

Im pretty sure thats whats going on, but something was definitely changed and something is definitely off and Battle Spirit has something to do with it. Im definitely sure this is not intended

PC NA

Options
    16. Ryuho
      Ryuho
      ✭✭✭✭

Mitigation formula is *** so badly.. With 3.2k crit resists you stil are killed in 2 hits, just WTF ZOS..

And Malubeth, wthat made this set unbalanced was leting it stack with vitality pots, worst idea ever!

Current meta - malubeth/fasalla/heavy armor - uber heal with nasty dmg cause broken mitigation formula, just GG..
      The Farron family team (EU)
      sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
      templar - Selene Farron AR27
      nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
      stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
      stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
      DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
      Options
    17. PainfulFAFA
      PainfulFAFA
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure nothing was changed?
      https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/261799/pts-patch-notes-v2-4-0#latest

lolololol at the people defending this

edit: just to add something constructive..... it has to do with battle spirit. Just takes a bit of theory crafting (refer to post #56 for some maths) to see why this set will be the meta. Either something is bugged, or its unintended.
      Edited by PainfulFAFA on June 6, 2016 9:59AM
      PC NA

Options
    18. olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I've only seen two. And one is this one. Are there more? And you are right about one thing, when someone gets beat, they see it as "unbalanced or OP".

Somewhat troll post thinking someone was owned in a fight and they posted QQ thread about it on forum.

No, what initially made me curious about his set was seeing how first a dk was tanking 3 people with this set even while he was cced his hp was still barely moving because this purple beam was almost permanently proccin on someone. The later I saw a templar do the same vs many more ppl, yea they all died in the end, but took way, way too long. Then the rest of the day and the following days you now see 50%+ of the people you fight are using this set and they survive way too easily just because of this set coupled with major mending specificly. This is just my opinion, and many others it seems, but you are free to disagree, constructively.
      Edited by olsborg on June 6, 2016 10:01AM

PC EU
      PvP only
      Options
    19. maxjapank
      maxjapank
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Are you sure nothing was changed.

The only thing, as you noted, was the removal of the Battle Spirit double nerf. But you know, spells aren't supposed to be double nerfed from Battle Spirit. But I admit, that bug fix made it more powerful. But it was always a strong set. Overpowered? I don't think so. Because as I said, there are equally powerful sets all over now. Malubeth fits a play style. But that style is not for everyone.
      Options
    20. maxjapank
      maxjapank
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Somewhat troll post thinking someone was owned in a fight and they posted QQ thread about it on forum.

No, what initially made me curious about his set was seeing how first a dk was tanking 3 people with this set even while he was cced his hp was still barely moving because this purple beam was almost permanently proccin on someone. The later I saw a templar do the same vs many more ppl, yea they all died in the end, but took way, way too long. Then the rest of the day and the following days you now see 50%+ of the people you fight are using this set and they survive way too easily just because of this set coupled with major mending specificly. This is just my opinion, and many others it seems, but you are free to disagree, constructively.

It's funny how easily you throw out that "many others seem to agree with you." I have yet to see many others. So let's not exaggerate. Is that constructive?
      Options