The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Have you gotten Emperor/Empress yet?

• Flak
    Flak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    January 2015 at Azura after three weeks with very little sleep :wink:

GM of the progressive raiding Guild Ghosts and Goblins | Recruitment: Open

Roster

Flák - 50 Magicka DK DD
    Toxic Flák - 50 Stamina DK DD
    Flakká - 50 Magicka NB DD
    Sonic Flák - 50 Stam-Sorc DD
    Flákjack - 50 Stamplar DD
    Flák the Ripper - 50 StamNB DD
    Flakster - 50 Magicka Sorc DD
    Overwhelming Flak - 50 Magicka Templar Healer/DD
    Full Metal Flák - 50 Stamina DK Tank
    All Pact

YouTube
  • Jaiden
    Jaiden
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I know for a fact I will NEVER get emp. It boggles my mind how some people are able to accumulate soooo much AP so fast. I can pull out about 100k AP over the course of a day here and there but I've seen some people just surge into 300k+ territory after just 1 day. Plus with my job, I'm limited to an hour in the morning and maybe 2 in the evening. My weekends usually equate to a lot of drinking and trying to forget the work week.
    Jaiden V16 nightblade

That's all I got, 1 toon.
  • Xerosus
    Xerosus
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I wish
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I have one in my trunk though
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Become an emperor? Nope. Can't be bothered with the trouble.
    Killed an emperor? Several times.
    Killed an emperor in a 1v1 duel? Yeah, thrice.
    Ganked an emperor? More than I can remember.
    Most fun way to kill one? Killing them right in the middle of their group in three hits, before they or their army of healers realize what the hell just happened. Yup, did that too.
    Now where's the Master Ganker achievement?
    Edited by susmitds on April 30, 2016 7:23PM
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Like some others have stated, no for me since I have a job.
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    helped my friend nerdy get it but its not something that particularly interests me atm vmol is more my thing
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Closest i had was in the non-vet, when myself and another guildie were helping another guildie get emp there, i'd target (gank) notable ap farmers on teh other sides, emp-wannabe would gank people trough doors as they came to defend from siege or something, then stick to teh ticks, and guildie would heal him and keep him alive in more open combat scenarios.

Was actually fairly easy. I was safely in the top 20s, guildie got emp nicely and the other was securely in second place
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I doubt I'll ever get Emp because of one simple reason:

Emp = Time+Group support OR NB+Proxy+Soul Tether+Viscious Death.... not skill :(

Killed another Emp today.... all by myself. He wears a Legate title and has massive zerg support but I found him alone. I was curious as to how his Surprise Attacks dealt such high damage and he always had resources to Ambush me. Checked the leaderboards after killing him (since he was Emp before) and found he was hiding the fact that he was Emp with the Legate title.

I have been #1 on the DC Leaderboards of Haderus before by a 100K AP lead or so, but usually I'm around 100K AP under the #1 leaderboard player. I make between 300K-600K AP per cycle.

My biggest issue is I play almost exclusively solo since that is how I enjoy PvP, and as I said, Emp = fat group support, not skill.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    FACT: More people have beaten VWGT and VIP than achieved Emperor

Therefore, what's required to achieve Emperor needs to be nerfed. Instead of conquering the ring of keeps, all a person should have to do is take over a resource. After all, it's not fair that an individual must work so hard for something. It should be acquired with minimal effort.

Please... taking a whole resource... still too much effort.
    Obviously every player should get emperor as a reward for completing the PVP tutorial quest at their faction's gate.

:p
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭

Therefore, what's required to achieve Emperor needs to be nerfed. Instead of conquering the ring of keeps, all a person should have to do is take over a resource. After all, it's not fair that an individual must work so hard for something. It should be acquired with minimal effort.
    The BEST comment I have ever read on the eso forums LMFAOOO
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sure hope that was sarcasm or a troll post. Getting Emperor is NOT an individual effort, other than making the AP needed to top the leaderboard (and even that is cheated as a team effort by some). At least on a busy server, it takes a concerted effort involving coordination and support of multiple groups to take and hold all the inner keeps. During prime time, at least, this is not something an individual or even a small group can do. To gain the support means an individual has some respect from the community. It's not enough just to have a lot of AP. It could be different in one-sided campaigns. As far as making it as simple as taking a resource to be crowned, that would only serve to make the Emperor title even more of a joke than it already is.

BTW, have not, nor likely ever will be Emperor unless purely by accident.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm one of those people who is never gonna get Empress no matter how much I try.

I'm not that bummed about it though. It's kinda like knowing I'll never win the lottery even though I constantly buy lottery tickets.

But of course, in ESO, I barely PvP anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I play non peek times, harder to get the AP.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    As a PvE player, I did not go into Cyrodill much. If not at all.

But with the recent Cyrodill vendor, my motivation to do daily pledges dropped drastically.
    Without daily pledges I started completing my achievements.
    Skyshards, monster hunter, Maik, dolmens... you name it.

After completing a vast majority of those achievements, I stumbled upon the Alliance War section, and thought I could give it a go.
    Was preparing both in game and IRL for the campaign reset, after which I started the two most intensive days of my ESO experience.
    Two sleepless nights later, I finally managed to get my title.

Then came the insults.

That was the most non rewarding experience in ESO. Period.

Suffice to say, even after such a bad experience in PvP, I still go into Cyrodill when I log in, because, at least in PvP I can have some excitement.
    Unlike dungeons, which get nerfed into oblivion with every update. Making them numbingly boring.

EDIT:
    Emperor of Chillrend wall repair reporting in
    Yeah, I was emperor of Haderus wall repairs :D
    Edited by Dubhliam on April 30, 2016 8:37PM
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    As much as I love pvp, I can't play it without decent amounts of chocolate liquer ...oh and I'm a also a noob.
  • Licht
    Licht
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    Yes, for now i have the title on all my 3 characters ^.^
    Ninfhea: VR16 Magicka Sorcerer Dps (AD)
    Jehanne: VR16 Magicka Templar Healer (AD)
    Marghot: VR16 Stamina Dragonknight Tank (AD)
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I have an icecube's chance in hell to get Empress. This doesn't upset me though.

That being said - my boyfriend is better at PVP than I am and if he gets it, he'll be getting some better rewards than just a title :p
    PC - @Taisynn - NA - CP 268
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact
    Nev'e - Bosmer - LVL 18 - Templar 50 Enchanting Ebonhart Pact

Proud Member of the Guilds:
    Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
    Spicy Economics (Trade) | The Jackals (RP/EP)
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Took weeks of plotting, days of intense negotiation with other aspirant guilds, but only a few hours to achieve once all the clandestine machinations were done with. Totally worth it, too, the Ruby Throne Red is totes faboo!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, what a hellish week that was...
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    The closest I ever got was 7th in line on Blackwater Blade with my magic based Templar but I had to be in PVP almost every waking hour to get that close.

Number_7_zps0rkvxhdq.jpg

yes, that is the thing, that in order to become an emperor, the player needs to quit his/her day job and work over the night :smiley:
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, and never will :P
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    a couple of times. whenever a campaign starts on a weekend where i have no plans, i find myself up quite high by playing normally. if i want to i can squeeze out 2-3 more hours than i'd like to play and hope that keeps get turned eventually. on the other hand, there is no chance for me to take emp on a campaign that restarts on, say, monday.
    I got 99 problems but an emp aint one. If you got Cyrodiil problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but an emp aint one. =Þ

Don't think JayZ wants to communicate he isn't interested in women. ;)
    if you want to relate to the song, you should have had emp already
    Edited by Kas on April 30, 2016 11:34PM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Been here since early beta, since I don't run with groups that can get 900k of AP in less than 24 hours at the start of a campaign I don't ever see myself getting emp, and to be honest really don't care.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on May 1, 2016 12:37AM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Four times

Reign 1: Lyzara - August 2014, first EP emperor of Blackwater Blade (both NA and EU according to ESOStats) 5 Days, ended by levelout.

Reign 2: Lyzara - September 2015, Haderus, 5 hours in primetime on a Friday night, the zerg to depose was real

Reign 3: The Catman Rises - October 2015, Blackwater Blade, 12 hours, deposed alive on flag cause mechanics makes total sense.

Reign 4: Lyzara, December 2015 - Haderus, 4 hours overnight, NIGHTCAPPING FTW, until 30 DC show up at 8am to nightcap it better >_> *shakefist*

I plan to have another good solid run, preferably on a different character, perhaps in AD since ive done EP and DC, but the effort involved to both get to the top, stay there, and then stay awake for the reign, isnt worth it.

Ive attempted Emp over 20 times (most on Blackwater with lowbies), gotten to number 1 more than a dozen times, but only got emp four times. Seriously, the time involved, besides the first five day reign, wasnt worth the hassle.
    Edited by Rylana on May 1, 2016 12:56AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Emp just causes pain and suffering.

Funny story though, I was playing with friends and we decided to be silly and unequip our weapons, we were only allowed to punch people to death.

Long story short, I got separated from my friends at Bleakers, the Emperor showed up. I role-walked up to him and punched him to death while he was trying to solo all the NPC guards around the front door. I got both achievements for killing an emperor right then and there.

good times.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Hahahahahahahahahahah, ahh............HAHAHAHahahahahaha.

Oh, you're serious?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • AFrostWolf
    AFrostWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Did it Feb last year. Was fun.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the top 100 biggest mistakes made by ZoS:

--> Implementing a mechanic that gives a top goody to people who sacrifice their vacation or are perpetually unemployed, or students in a tier 4 school.

--> No term limit per campaign. It's 30 days ZoS. Why do I have to have one of the people I mention in the next bullet being crowned Emperor repeatedly for 30 days?

--> Not requiring the newly crowned emperor to pick a new name from a list of approved lore friendly names which they will carry for the duration of their reign. There is nothing so special as having Emperor 'smellmybutcheese' or 'omfgipwnedyouagain' or something equally stupid.
    Edited by Wreuntzylla on May 1, 2016 1:17AM
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had awesome 28 days emperor on Ebonyblade and like 10x 7days on Haderus it was awesome. The most people hate me now there :P