Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Console End-of-Life Transfer Option

tannercrook
tannercrook
✭✭✭
Zenimax, I have asked this before but never really get a solid answer:

Will you offer account transfers at any point in the future to switch platform?

I have spent hundreds of dollars on this game. Days of game play. I transferred PS4 during the first account transfer and it has been fun. However, me and my friends are ready to go to PC. Not to mention as the gaming platform war rages, I don't know if I will even stay with the same console.

I feel like it would be smart to announce this as a feature because I am at a point where I will not buy another DLC or in-game item until I know that it can move to PC with me. It's already depressing enough knowing how much I have to redo. I cannot afford to purchase many of the items I have again.

I would spend a lot of money to have my account transferred. Please consider making an official statement regarding this and put a weary Nord's head at ease.

Thanks for all the memories you have granted me in Tamriel. I will be there for quite some time.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot afford to purchase many of the items I have again.
    I would spend a lot of money to have my account transferred.

confused24.gif
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want my damn monkey from PC.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy,
    I have spent hundreds of dollars on this game. Days of game play.

That not mean anything to you SirAndy? It's not like I just purchased DLC. I have almost all of the purchasable items. Then on top of that you have all the days spent playing the game.

I have spent all my gaming life from beta getting achievements, dye colors, discovering every lore book etc.

You obviously haven't done that.

Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have answered it....no on all

How often will the migration from PC/Mac to consoles be allowed?
    Updated 02/17/2016 01:56 PM Published 05/07/2014 02:54 PM

The console transfer was a one-time offer extended to eligible players who purchased the PC/Mac game either from The Elder Scrolls Online PC/Mac Store or from a retailer and activated their game code by 6/30/14 (11:59pm UTC).

When did the transfer to console window end?
    Updated 02/09/2016 01:56 PM Published 06/04/2014 04:34 PM

If you purchased and activated the PC/MAC game on or before 6/30/14 (11:59pm UTC) you were able to buy the console transfer between April 9, 2015 and May 9, 2015 from The Elder Scrolls Online PC/Mac Store: https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store.

Will there be another opportunity to become eligible for PC/Mac-to-console transfers after June 30, 2014?
    Updated 03/16/2015 11:23 AM Published 01/07/2015 09:18 AM

We do not have plans to extend the eligibility window of the limited-time offer to transfer ESO accounts from PC/Mac to console.

Can I transfer my character to a different account?
    Updated 12/08/2015 04:19 PM Published 12/02/2014 07:58 AM

Players are not able to transfer characters between different accounts, servers, or platforms. We do not offer a character transfer service.

all that is here: http://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 14, 2016 9:04PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭

The console transfer was a one-time offer extended to eligible players who purchased the PC/Mac game either from The Elder Scrolls Online PC/Mac Store or from a retailer and activated their game code by 6/30/14 (11:59pm UTC).

If you purchased and activated the PC/MAC game on or before 6/30/14 (11:59pm UTC) you were able to buy the console transfer between April 9, 2015 and May 9, 2015 from The Elder Scrolls Online PC/Mac Store: https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store.

Will there be another opportunity to become eligible for PC/Mac-to-console transfers after June 30, 2014?

We do not have plans to extend the eligibility window of the limited-time offer to transfer ESO accounts from PC/Mac to console.

Players are not able to transfer characters between different accounts, servers, or platforms. We do not offer a character transfer service.

I know that they said that surrounding the initial transfer. However, what happens when Playstation/XBox all come out with new consoles? I would hope they would re-evaluate the situation as everyone is going to re-evaluate which console they currently play on.

I just want an answer because if I have to level a bunch of characters again on PC, I'd rather just start now.

Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You obviously don't know me ...
    biggrin.gif

Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭
    Well then SirAndy, you should understand my strife!

All I wanna do in life is play this game until I get an arrow in the face. Cause everyone knows an arrow to the knee wouldn't stop me from playing this damn game.
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't own a console. Haven't since the Atari 2600. Don't plan on ever doing so again. And I support this request.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on April 14, 2016 9:11PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭
    MasterSpatula,

I left PC only because I wanted to play with friends. Worst mistake ever. If there is not transfer option in the future I would have rather bought them the PC's to play on. I am not buying another console.
    Options
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy,
    I have spent hundreds of dollars on this game. Days of game play.

That not mean anything to you SirAndy? It's not like I just purchased DLC. I have almost all of the purchasable items. Then on top of that you have all the days spent playing the game.

I have spent all my gaming life from beta getting achievements, dye colors, discovering every lore book etc.

You would be blown away to learn of everything SirAndy has done regarding ESO.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
    Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭
    I believe everyone on these forums is invested. That's why I love this game.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest issue with the transfer is someone could load up their current character with loans of Gold and Items, make the transfer, then pay back the people who loaned them the gold and items on the original account. There was some of this that happened during the PC to Console Transfer. With this in mind I think a transfer could be done under the following conditions:

1. As part of the Account Copy, your original characters are immediately deleted, or at least locked out then deleted once transfer was verified.
    2. It can only happen once, no bouncing around platforms

ZOS offered the transfer service I think mostly due to the delay in getting the game released on the consoles. This allowed people to play the game until their platform of choice was made available. Now that the game is out on all the platforms, and has been for a while now, there is no compelling reason as to why they should do this.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ain't happenin.

Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The biggest issue with the transfer is someone could load up their current character with loans of Gold and Items, make the transfer, then pay back the people who loaned them the gold and items on the original account. There was some of this that happened during the PC to Console Transfer. With this in mind I think a transfer could be done under the following conditions:

1. As part of the Account Copy, your original characters are immediately deleted, or at least locked out then deleted once transfer was verified.
    2. It can only happen once, no bouncing around platforms

I completely agree.
    • I think that once per console lifetime is adequate. I understand it would be a lot of work on ZOS's part so transferring should be a serious decision.
    • The old platform account should be made inactive to avoid cheating.
    Nestor wrote: »

ZOS offered the transfer service I think mostly due to the delay in getting the game released on the consoles. This allowed people to play the game until their platform of choice was made available. Now that the game is out on all the platforms, and has been for a while now, there is no compelling reason as to why they should do this.

This is where we differ. Lets say that Playstation or Xbox comes out with some ridiculous DRM feature. Or one of them flat out makes a bad console. You're saying that its fair for them to be doomed to either play the old console till it dies or deal with the crap console? MMO's are investments and by dang I want to keep my investment until the damn servers are shut off.

Edited by tannercrook on April 14, 2016 9:27PM
    Options
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I know that they said that surrounding the initial transfer. However, what happens when Playstation/XBox all come out with new consoles? I would hope they would re-evaluate the situation as everyone is going to re-evaluate which console they currently play on.

I just want an answer because if I have to level a bunch of characters again on PC, I'd rather just start now.

What happens when new consoles come out? You download the game onto the new console. Or just keep your old console.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at the published dates and the updated dates above.
    The items I highlighted specifically .....

Then you have responses like:
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there,

Currently, we do not have plans to offer a megaserver transfer outside of the offer that you have mentioned. If that changes, we'll be sure to keep everyone updated.

The megaservers for the PS4, Xbox One and PC/Mac are separate, so even with the transfer offer characters will progress separately. While the accounts are linked, they are technically two separate accounts, so your characters will remain specific to the server that they are on. In short, it will not be possible to play on the PS4, then log in to the PC and use that same character.
    @Faugaun no worries, happy to help!

Currently we don't have any plans to offer transfers of any kind, even in this particular circumstance. That said, we're always open to feedback, and this is something that we've heard a lot about, so thanks for bringing up another use-case :).

other replies like this:
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Greetings @JosephZhengwow !

At this time, the PC to Console transfer offer is only available to those players who purchased the PC / Mac game from The Elder Scrolls Online PC/Mac Store or a retail store and redeemed their game code by 6/30/14.

We do not have any information on whether the option will become available in the future, but if it does we will be sure to announce it!

Its really a one and done service because the offer nnever expires once purchased...
    There won't be an expiration date on the code we sent out for the console transfer, so if you don't have your PS4 at launch, you'll still be able to use your purchased transfer later on, @Zyzzveli.

more of the same...
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Greetings @JosephZhengwow !

At this time, the PC to Console transfer offer is only available to those players who purchased the PC / Mac game from The Elder Scrolls Online PC/Mac Store or a retail store and redeemed their game code by 6/30/14.

We do not have any information on whether the option will become available in the future, but if it does we will be sure to announce it!

Here is something that give a lot deeper explanation on how the account copy works....so to explain, it doesn't seem to be a file per account....(maybe I'm wrong but see this)

This is about the research in queue while on PC prior to the copy to console...

***Research that is pending, will not transfer over and based on some forum replies any items deleted will not be restored on console
    I interpret this applies to anything deleted on PC which is like starting research where the gold and the item are deleted pending completion of the research

EDIT (5/27/15 2:25pm EST)

Hey there everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience with this. After testing the character copy for console, we found that in-progress crafting research will indeed copy over to the console version of ESOTU for those taking part in the character copy. Since ESO Plus does not transfer during this process, you may notice a difference in the time remaining, as the 10% reduction in time will not transfer. That said, if you choose to become an ESO Plus member on the console, the 10% reduction will apply to your research again.

We hope this helps clear up what you can expect to see upon logging in with your character at launch!

ZOS_GaryAZOS_GaryA
    admin

"Upon completion of the account copy, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Customer Support team will be unable to restore any characters or items that may have been deleted from the PC/Mac account prior to the transfer."

Is there a chance things will magically disappear? Like my gold? And ZOS is just going to say "Soooorrrry :trollface: "

Long story short: The deleted items database isn't getting moved to the console megaservers. If you delete an item or a character prior to the transfer, we can restore it on the PC, but not on your console.

Example:
    Bob the Nightblade is created on May 28th, but I decide I don't like how he looks, so I delete him. On June 9th, I decide I really liked Bob and would like to play him on my console. Bob can be restored on the PC, but can't be restored on the console.

Hope that helps!
    10:59AM
    Staff Post

Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭

What happens when new consoles come out? You download the game onto the new console. Or just keep your old console.

What if you wish to switch console brands? People do this constantly at console releases.

Consoles only last so long, playing on one model for an MMO lifespan is not an option.

Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What if you wish to switch console brands? People do this constantly at console releases.

Consoles only last so long, playing on one model for an MMO lifespan is not an option.

You buy the game again and start over.
    No different than how it's works for the past 20 years. Game is tied to platform.
    It's extremely rare for companies to offer a platform copy (it's not a transfer)
    Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭

No different than how it's works for the past 20 years. Game is tied to platform.
    It's extremely rare for companies to offer a platform copy (it's not a transfer)

This is also one of the first MMO's to be on PC and Consoles. So its kind of unique vs. other MMO's in the past.

Options
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    first MMO on pc console?I don't know about that, Neverwinter, DCUO, and quite some others do the same thing too
    Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭
    craybest wrote: »
    first MMO on pc console?I don't know about that, Neverwinter, DCUO, and quite some others do the same thing too

Sorry. It was a matter of a few months difference between Neverwinter and ESO. It is a new era in the subject. I think its stupid to say it has to stay the same because that's how it has been done the last 20 years.

If anyone is going to establish the modern MMO standards it's going to be ESO.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is stopping you from playing on PC except you.
    I still have my PC account and my Beta monkey and play on PS4.
    Of course my characters aren't in sync but so what.
    Options
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FFXI was on 360. Phantasy Star Online comes to mind too.

ESO is catching up to other MMOs in terms of tech. I'm pretty sure they said character transfers is being worked on though. Like all things ESO, no ETA.
    Edited by WalkingLegacy on April 14, 2016 9:57PM
    Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing is stopping you from playing on PC except you.
    I still have my PC account and my Beta monkey and play on PS4.
    Of course my characters aren't in sync but so what.

That's why I would like an official answer.

If there is 100% no possibility of a transfer then I will quite playing on PS4 and play PC.

But from responses from ZOS, its still something they may consider. I don't want to abandon one or other until I know.
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I though PS4 now had the remote option so you could play your games on your PC as well as your console.

In any case, I doubt if they'll do it. New console - new games. Especially Sony doesn't do backwards or anything like it (except streaming, which is iffy at best). You don't know what I'd give for Skyrim on the PS4.
    Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

FYI, this is a big reason lots of us play on PC.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is also one of the first MMO's to be on PC and Consoles. So its kind of unique vs. other MMO's in the past.

No Final fantasy *edited out rest as it was wrong
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 14, 2016 10:03PM
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

confused24.gif

You state you cannot afford many of the items you have, again. Yet, you're willing to spend a lot of money to transfer your account. What if the two options cost the same amount?
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

FYI, this is a big reason lots of us play on PC.

And why I want to go back. My friends did not have a PC at the time of launch so I switched. ESO is all about playing with your friends. However, they too have seen the power of the dark side, have saved up and want to buy a PC. All we need now is a transfer option.

Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »

confused24.gif

You state you cannot afford many of the items you have, again. Yet, you're willing to spend a lot of money to transfer your account. What if the two options cost the same amount?
    phairdon wrote: »

confused24.gif

But the years of gameplay. That can be replaced easily....

Read the whole thread. I already discussed this.

Options