Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Console End-of-Life Transfer Option

• whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is stopping you from playing on PC except you.
    I still have my PC account and my Beta monkey and play on PS4.
    Of course my characters aren't in sync but so what.

I have the same thing :smile:

Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Keeping the old console for this game is not an option?

One concern would be loaned/rented discs turning into multiple free PC accounts.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Keeping the old console for this game is not an option?

One concern would be loaned/rented discs turning into multiple free PC accounts.

How would rented/loaned disks be a concern for free PC accounts?

Last I checked the game was buy to play.

Not to mention I want to pay to transfer.

Edited by tannercrook on April 14, 2016 10:06PM
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's why I would like an official answer.

If there is 100% no possibility of a transfer then I will quite playing on PS4 and play PC.

But from responses from ZOS, its still something they may consider. I don't want to abandon one or other until I know.

So you got the email offer...you read it and it literally stated it was a one time deal "as I remarked above"

You may have decided not to read it as many do.
    When you went to buy it literally said it was a one and done. No syncing and if you go back, the PC account will remain where it was.

Now you're saying ZOS won't respond.....
    I gave you all the responses outside of what you agreed to have read and understood before being able to purchase the $20 token

What more do you expect?
    Just go back and play....that was the agreement.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I cannot afford to purchase many of the items I have again.
    I would spend a lot of money to have my account transferred.

confused24.gif

You state you cannot afford many of the items you have, again. Yet, you're willing to spend a lot of money to transfer your account. What if the two options cost the same amount?

Lets see, if I have already sunk hundreds into the game. Let's say $200+

I have to replace those. I am now at $400+ total.

So yes. I would spend a lot of money for a transfer.

Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @tannercrook in a perfect world we would all just be able to play with one another. Unfortunately, I think part of the issue is the console companies themselves.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tannercrook in a perfect world we would all just be able to play with one another. Unfortunately, I think part of the issue is the console companies themselves.

Naah. They just didn't read before they purchased. All that the OP is asking was detailed in the offer.
    Options
  • TBONE_OG
    TBONE_OG
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, dude. One time deal.

Now should ZoS allow transfers in the future... say when a new console (ie: Next Xbox) comes out and ESO is available on the platform?

Sure.
    Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭

If there is 100% no possibility of a transfer then I will quite playing on PS4 and play PC.

But from responses from ZOS, its still something they may consider. I don't want to abandon one or other until I know.

So you got the email offer...you read it and it literally stated it was a one time deal "as I remarked above"

When you went to buy it literally said it was a one and done. No syncing and if you go back, the PC account will remain where it was.

I gave you all the responses outside of what you agreed to have read and understood before being able to purchase the $20 token

What more do you expect?

Your not getting what I'm saying. Do I think its a good idea to implement a paid transfer option, Yes. Am I okay starting over. Yes.

I just want an official answer so I don't waste any more time on console because I am switching.

You specifically listed a reference where a ZOS employee said that its something they may still consider and they were happy for the feedback.

Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭
    Topithus wrote: »
    Sorry, dude. One time deal.

Now should ZoS allow transfers in the future... say when a new console (ie: Next Xbox) comes out and ESO is available on the platform?

Sure.

That's exactly what I have said. Look at the title of the thread! lol

What part of 'Console End-of-Life Transfer Option' was lost in that communication breakdown.

Edited by tannercrook on April 14, 2016 10:18PM
    Options
  • murtrem_ESO
    murtrem_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I remember playing FFXI on my pc in the living room, getting annoyed by bothersome siblings, and being able to turn it off and go upstairs to play it on my ps2. Picking up right where I left off.

Things used to be much more simple.
    They're called fingers but I've never seen em fing
    Options
  • Xellos77
    Xellos77
    ✭✭✭

confused24.gif

Bazinga
    Ebonheart Pact/PS4/NA
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What more do you expect?

Your not getting what I'm saying. Do I think its a good idea to implement a paid transfer option, Yes. Am I okay starting over. Yes.

I just want an official answer so I don't waste any more time on console because I am switching.

You specifically listed a reference where a ZOS employee said that its something they may still consider and they were happy for the feedback.

I get what you're saying.
    I read that you want to hear a change in the answer.

YOU- want a console to PC transfer or copy.
    PROBLEM- you already had a PC to console copy.

ANSWER- when we got the offer, we were all informed in writing and by transaction that it's a "one time" copy.

WHAT DOESNT APPLY TO YOU- because you had a copy, even if they offered a console to PC transfer, you couldn't do it cause you already have data on PC and your PC account and console accounts are linked to you ZOS profile.

You're not a customer who is only on console and hopes to go to PC for the first time or vice versa.

You're question has already been answered. The "we might offer ....in the future" doesn't apply to you or me
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »

confused24.gif

You state you cannot afford many of the items you have, again. Yet, you're willing to spend a lot of money to transfer your account. What if the two options cost the same amount?

Lets see, if I have already sunk hundreds into the game. Let's say $200+

I have to replace those. I am now at $400+ total.

So yes. I would spend a lot of money for a transfer.

Point I am trying to make. If you're willing to spend a large sum of money to transfer, why not just buy a cheap pc copy & spend $15 per month paying the sub, at least it will give you access to all the dlc, crowns to buy mounts, etc. This way you're not throwing a whole lot of money at the game at one go.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭

What more do you expect?

ANSWER- when we got the offer, we were all informed in writing and by transaction that it's a "one time" copy.

WHAT DOESNT APPLY TO YOU- because you had a copy, even if they offered a console to PC transfer, you couldn't do it cause you already have data on PC and your PC account and console accounts are linked to you ZOS profile.

You're not a customer who is only on console and hopes to go to PC for the first time or vice versa.

You're question has already been answered. The "we might offer ....in the future" doesn't apply to you or me

Why not give me the option to delete the existing on PC? Its just left over from when I left.

I understand you have personally analyzed the way the transfer works but that doesn't mean that they won't let me transfer.

Maybe the transfer option includes the base game price in the purchase. I make a new account. It gets transferred.

Simple solution.

I am not giving up this fight simply because it doesn't look promising at the moment. ZOS wants to hear, and needs to hear these discussions because like you said, I'm not the only one.
    Options
  • Krycek89
    Krycek89
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]

What if you wish to switch console brands? People do this constantly at console releases.

Consoles only last so long, playing on one model for an MMO lifespan is not an option.

[/quote]
    This bloke is hilarious-
    First you migrate from PC to PS4 was it - well lets say console which was a one time offer due to the fact that a console release was delayed ( and seems was never really needed) to EXISTING characters and accounts that had purchased the game prior to a specific date.

NOW you have had enough of console? you discovered its far less optimal than PC? You now understand console have a life span- of which your ps4/xbox one may already be endangered of being replaced ? now you are up $h!T creek without a paddle?

Only you made the choice to switch- a poor one by the way- and now you must live with it because i do not see them doing this again.

Yes other mmos offer server transfers - however those are all associated with PC in mind; they transfered to which machines we play once before and that was a large enough pain in the a$$ for ZoS even when they had the staff and the funds to do so,

TL;DR
    Short answer is no it probably wont happen, and you shouldn't have left in the first place, but life is full of lessons and this is one.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What more do you expect?

Why not give me the option to delete the existing on PC? Its just left over from when I left.

I understand you have personally analyzed the way the transfer works but that doesn't mean that they won't let me transfer.

Maybe the transfer option includes the base game price in the purchase. I make a new account. It gets transferred.

Simple solution.

I am not giving up this fight simply because it doesn't look promising at the moment. ZOS wants to hear, and needs to hear these discussions because like you said, I'm not the only one.

So...ur not fighting tho...

Did you create a ticket for this to happen?
    If not, we are all just discussing you topic and stuff
    Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭
    Krycek89 wrote: »

What if you wish to switch console brands? People do this constantly at console releases.

Consoles only last so long, playing on one model for an MMO lifespan is not an option.

[/quote]
    This bloke is hilarious-
    First you migrate from PC to PS4 was it - well lets say console which was a one time offer due to the fact that a console release was delayed ( and seems was never really needed) to EXISTING characters and accounts that had purchased the game prior to a specific date.

NOW you have had enough of console? you discovered its far less optimal than PC? You now understand console have a life span- of which your ps4/xbox one may already be endangered of being replaced ? now you are up $h!T creek without a paddle?

Only you made the choice to switch- a poor one by the way- and now you must live with it because i do not see them doing this again.

Yes other mmos offer server transfers - however those are all associated with PC in mind; they transfered to which machines we play once before and that was a large enough pain in the a$$ for ZoS even when they had the staff and the funds to do so,

TL;DR
    Short answer is no it probably wont happen, and you shouldn't have left in the first place, but life is full of lessons and this is one.[/quote]

I understood that the transfer at that time frame was a one-time deal. I know this getting into it.

I understand they may not allow me to transfer at all. Fine. Just give me a straight answer regarding when the new gen of consoles are released so I can plan accordingly.

Options
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭

What more do you expect?

Simple solution.

So...ur not fighting tho...

Did you create a ticket for this to happen?
    If not, we are all just discussing you topic and stuff

Yes. The ticket has already been made. I was just hoping to see a few more people that were empathetic to the situation.

Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krycek89 wrote: »

This bloke is hilarious-

TL;DR
    Short answer is no it probably wont happen, and you shouldn't have left in the first place, but life is full of lessons and this is one.[/quote]

I understood that the transfer at that time frame was a one-time deal. I know this getting into it.

I understand they may not allow me to transfer at all. Fine. Just give me a straight answer regarding when the new gen of consoles are released so I can plan accordingly.

[/quote][/quote]

You already have a straight answer.
    It's no

That's not our answer, that's their written agreement at the time of purchase.

I just thought it would be nice to provide you with other staff quotes because your op was evident that you decided not to search and read those which I pulled from a quick search.

Most even pull from Google searches too.

I think you're just wanting to go back n forth on the forums cause a number of replies have literally given you official responses. I could be wrong so please take no offense but yeah...just trying to help

The ticket is going to be the way to go
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 14, 2016 10:51PM
    Options
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember playing FFXI on my pc in the living room, getting annoyed by bothersome siblings, and being able to turn it off and go upstairs to play it on my ps2. Picking up right where I left off.

Things used to be much more simple.

That would be too hard to implement for "megashard" clusters.

/sarcasmoff
    Options
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want my damn monkey from PC.

My monkey followed me to Xbox as did my tiger mount and other rewards. Did you not take the transfer offer?
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want my damn monkey from PC.

I personally messaged ZOS for the same thing... they never even replied :(
    Options
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least that's one less monkey people have to listen to while you spend 30 minutes at the Banker.

WTB - Pets: Don't Show - option
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
    Options
  • wookikiller95
    wookikiller95
    ✭✭✭
    Why transform your Account if u can Share your Account over all Platforms
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why transform your Account if u can Share your Account over all Platforms

You can't share your account over all platforms. That's the OP big WHY
    PC accounts is seperate from Xbox account which are all seperate from PS4 account.

The ZOS game account and the forum account also are seperate
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 15, 2016 1:29PM
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't know many games that lets you transfer from console to console or PC. It was a cool sweet deal when they let me transfer from PC to console. I get it. They did it once, why not do it again. But they don't want to. For whatever reason. It's cool. And, you do still have the game on PC. Right where you left it. I'd like to be able to play on my iPad. But there's just no support for it.
    Options
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a similar problem - many in the guild is from the US and some desided to switch to NA server because of the poor ping with EU servers.

Starting new characters ain't the worst but all the stuff I bought in the crown store can not be accessed. That is something they really need to change. I'm currently ESO+ but I also bought every DLC and a heap of other stuff. Every DLC you buy should count as the base game. There is no way I'm buying these again...

I really wish the account with all features was universal for all systems / servers but I don't think this will ever happen until the death of ESO....
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pulling out the terms of the PC to console copy doesn't help anyone. That was a one time offer, yes, and the offer was "pay less than the price of a new game to have your account copied to console".

That will never be offered again, but this thread is not about that. This thread is a request to offer a paid transfer service. That's transfer, not copy. Meaning that any existing data on the source server would be wiped, and any existing data on the destination server would also be wiped to make room.

And nearly all of those official ZOS responses say that while there are no plans for it currently, they know that it is a requested feature and will let us know if those plans change.

And regarding the new console generation, that's most likely irrelevant. They won't release a new version of ESO for Xbox 4-Two or PS5, just as there was never Morrowind on Xbox 360.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Pulling out the terms of the PC to console copy doesn't help anyone. That was a one time offer, yes, and the offer was "pay less than the price of a new game to have your account copied to console".

That will never be offered again, but this thread is not about that. This thread is a request to offer a paid transfer service. That's transfer, not copy. Meaning that any existing data on the source server would be wiped, and any existing data on the destination server would also be wiped to make room.

And nearly all of those official ZOS responses say that while there are no plans for it currently, they know that it is a requested feature and will let us know if those plans change.

*edits* @Enodoc
    Tone is wrong.....I'm asking if...

Do you have information that ZOS can transfer instead of copy

There is also in this topic an existing save file in both places so I comprehend a copy and not transfer in order to replace the existing PC file however crown items purchased on console and not PC....would also have to be considered in the request.

The OP isn't asking to buy/create a new account, they want to "copy" their current save file on the console side and have that exact data moved to PC. "Copy" or "transfer" whatever wording you apply, it's a copy because the OP specifically is not desiring to have their console save deleted.

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 15, 2016 2:20PM
    Options