What race would you be if Tamriel was a true reality? Why?

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit does not have fleas! They are just small pets that do not wish to leave.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Kajiit...

I prefer warm temperatures. It also happens a lot, that my brother gets startled: "man, don't sneak up on me like that!", when I'm not even trying to... :tongue:

So I guess, that fits it best.

You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nord

I'm 6'5" with a muscular frame, and I love cold weather.
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Always khajiit for some reason. My first character in Oblivion was khajiit, and most other after thar, maybe it just stucked. There's something very familiar and alien in them.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe something pixelated considering the lag or maybe pink considering the bugs.

But probably Dwemer, specially if they look like those constructs (I forgot their name) from Skyrim mods created by Trainwiz
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Pigment
    Pigment
    ✭✭
    Probably a Bosmer cause I'm short af lol
    @ikon0 / Alt-aholic / PC / NA
    Pigment / AD / Altmer / Templar
    Pay Me / AD / Dark Elf / Dragonknight
    Pay Up / AD / High Elf / Sorcerer
    Puerto Rico / EP / Redguard / Dragonknight
    Puerto Vallarta / DC / Redguard / Sorcerer
    Perimo / AD / Argonian / Nightblade
    Puerto Cabello / AD / Khajiit / Nightblade
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Myrnhiel wrote: »
    I don't know what race I would be, if Tamriel was true reality (I think only the Gods know this), but I can tell you what race I really would like to be: a Bosmer. I don't care, what others think about this race - for me they are the most wonderful, most interesting and complex race in all of Nirn - from the moment I took my first step in TES (Morrowind).

Living in a world where people a completely losing the connection to nature and the natural spirits, it would just be wonderful to have that connection again. Not only to live in the nature, but to live with it and from it, accepting the laws of nature without questioning and without the ambition of conquering them. To be in close contact with the spirits and the gods - being a perfect unity with them - that would really be something I would like to experience.

Eating mostly meat would probably a problem for me (as I really don't eat much of it in RL), but being a Bosmer I think I would be able to cope with that. And as the Bosmer a killing animals not just for meat and throwing the rest of the carcass away but using every single part of it, I would be able to cope with it.

And concerning cannibalism that is the main reason why a lot of people I know playing TES are rejecting the Bosmer : I would be a Bosmer and it would be part of my culture. It's their way of dealing with death - every people has their own way, and cannibalism is theirs - so yes, I won't have a problem with that.

The meat mandate is also why most bosmer are pacifists. They don't really want to go around eating people unless they have to. The issue is that when you really get them upset, watch out because Bosmer go crazy (for more info See: Wild Hunt).
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

Longer lifespan is not necessarily a good condition for accomplishments - I work a lot with complex adaptive systems, where all entities in them evolve. The longer the lifespan of entities, the more the system tends to go to a low energy state overall -i.e. tends towards laziness, whereas when the lifespan of entities is reduced significantly, the system tends to go towards a high energy state in a whole and the evolution speeds up massively. So basically the assumption, that a longer lifespan would make a race overall better accomplished is not a valid one.

This is the application of the Second Law of Thermodynamics: the entropy of an open system tends to increase.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, since I'm a mix of Swedish, German, and Native American, it would make perfect sense for me to be a Nord. But I hate the cold and love warm places, so could this one have the heart of a Nord and the body of a Khajiit?

Or you could just be a Colovian.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer or Dunmer, HANDS DOWN.

My reason? The lifespan.

I've said it before, but can you imagine what Albert Einstein, Jesse Owens, or David Bowie could have accomplished if they'd have had an extra 200-300 years? The ability to perfect a craft while maintaining your physical peak would be PRICELESS, in my opinion.

So, yeah.

B)

Longer lifespan is not necessarily a good condition for accomplishments - I work a lot with complex adaptive systems, where all entities in them evolve. The longer the lifespan of entities, the more the system tends to go to a low energy state overall -i.e. tends towards laziness, whereas when the lifespan of entities is reduced significantly, the system tends to go towards a high energy state in a whole and the evolution speeds up massively. So basically the assumption, that a longer lifespan would make a race overall better accomplished is not a valid one.

I think this is already factored in to the fact that humans do conquer Tamriel. There are a FEW highly accomplished elves out there (like the Telvanni Lords, Galerion, etc) but I agree it seems they are a little sluggish.
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian.

I love their Lore and I wouldn't mind living in Black Marsh at all. Always wanted to explore it in greater depth and since Argonians are the only (living) race that can survive the harsh land, all the more reason to go Argonian.

It would be tempting if only to experience the world underwater and overland as only an argonian can do.
    <And plenty more>
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer or Dunmer, HANDS DOWN.

My reason? The lifespan.

I've said it before, but can you imagine what Albert Einstein, Jesse Owens, or David Bowie could have accomplished if they'd have had an extra 200-300 years? The ability to perfect a craft while maintaining your physical peak would be PRICELESS, in my opinion.

So, yeah.

B)

FASCINATING perspective! Can I ask what your background is? Because that sounds interesting as HECK!

But to your point, aren't you assuming a steady rate of energetic decay?

To preface, my background is exercise physiology so I'm a rank layman when it comes to artificial systems or biological systems beyond the individual (ecosystems, etc.). But I have become a bit of an anti-aging hobbyist in recent years, and my husband is a physician who understands full well that medicine is moving toward a regenerative model and is taking steps to ensure his own practice will be ready for a seamless "transition" in years to come.

So here's what I'm wondering: if an individual sapient organism is able to repair telomeric damage enough to double its lifespan (to pick an arbitrary value) what factors are there to ensure that the extra years won't be just as productive as the former years? From my layman's perspective, it seems that's just an assertion.

I mean, take retirees as an anecdote. I know a lot of retired folks, and some of them just waste away. But - in my experience - just as many of them take life by the horns and accomplish just as much, if not more, than they did before. I'm thinking these folks would be GOLDEN with a few extra decades under their belts.

But like I said, my background is human performance so please take my wall of conjecture with a TON of sodium chloride.

:D
  • Millerman34n
    Millerman34n
    ✭✭✭
    Dark elf they have the longest life spans and are talented with majic!
  • Millerman34n
    Millerman34n
    ✭✭✭
    Kublakan wrote: »
    Red Guard for their big natural gift that pleases the women so much.

Lol
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial, without a doubt. Hint of Nord from my father's side.

This. I would then after become dragonborn.
    PS4 NA DC
  • txtorpedo
    txtorpedo
    ✭✭
    Orc because that's what I look like IRL
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always khajiit for some reason. My first character in Oblivion was khajiit, and most other after thar, maybe it just stucked. There's something very familiar and alien in them.

M'aiq does not know, what you mean by "familiar and alien". M'aiq tends to know his family very well.
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Sadist wrote: »
    Any type of magic orientated race would be fun.

There's a lot of Khajiit enthusiasts here, ah well, more slaves I suppose!

Clawless coward. If you atempt enslaving my brothers I will make sure you won't live to see the next dawn.
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if Tamriel were real, how many people get to choose their race when they are born? I don't remember going through a character selection screen at birth...

You can change race in the lore. Look at the dunmer who turned Argonian when he tried to become khajiit using a potion. Or the argonian who wanted to live as a crocodile
  • Tosfoy
    Tosfoy
    ✭✭
    Well, first

I am not a elf fan but, if it was reality, I would go high elf, or any other elf race

You can live up to 1000 years, or even more
    You are a amazing magic skilled person
    And you're tall
    Big RPG Fan, Love mmorpg's as well
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meow Mroow Meowwwww meow mEow mraaaaao~

Translation : Ill be a badass khajiit. Meow
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be Imperial if based on real life but would rather be Tsaesci.
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone saying that they would be a Redguard because of 'reasons' should look a bit more closely at them. Desert dwelling horse people who use curved swords. They sound Middle Eastern from here.
    If I had to hazard a guess at which race 'represented' the African peoples, it would probably be the Khajiit...
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    First I thought Argonian to be able to breath underwater. But reading other posts I'd propably pick some elf to be able to live longer and would propably get killed by some freaky accident :disappointed:
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah. The OP question. I would probably be an Argonian or an Orc
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably Nord. I'm 6'2", 102kg but well-muscled without actually working on it as my father's side of the family is naturally very stocky (cousins, uncles and extended family are a combination of bodybuilders, rugby players etc) love beer, camping, a laugh, but am known amongst my friends to be of a short temper when it comes to something I'm passionate about. I'm not what you'd call 'reserved'.

Also, my natural hair colour is auburn and I have a grand beard when I choose to :)
  • LoadingBar5
    LoadingBar5
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian, don't know why but I just love everything about them!
    "Don't crack my manservant!" - Lady Clarisse Laurent on Stibbons

PC | EU
    EP - Sneaks-in-Light, Argonian NB

Add me on Steam: LoadingBar5
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian, don't know why but I just love everything about them!

I understand what you mean. I feel the same way about the khajiit. (Argonians are fine too though, they are my second favorite race in TES)
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be a dragon. With my own awesome battle theme.
    --Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
    Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
    Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    Benie wrote: »
    I'd be a dragon. With my own awesome battle theme.

You mean the Skyrim theme music, with a wallpaper of a dragon torching a village like it was the apocalypse? ;)
    Edited by DragonSamurai360 on March 25, 2016 3:35AM