The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Confirmed] Cyrodiil vendors will NOT be raised to V16

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem that Wrobel addressed is completely lost here.

He said: we dont want ppl who stored AP to get the new item sets instantly when a new patch goes live.

This is understandable but there are many different solutions to fixing the issue.

For example: only sell v16 jewelry pieces for 250k AP or even more.

This will allow ppl who stored AP to buy useful items without completing the set instantly.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax fu***d me man :cry:
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He said: we dont want ppl who stored AP to get the new item sets instantly when a new patch goes live.

This is understandable but there are many different solutions to fixing the issue.

This will allow ppl who stored AP to buy useful items without completing the set instantly.

There are also other ideas as well.

For example

XP Scrolls (make them expensive)
    Costumes
    Mounts

basically things they've added into the PVE portion of the game..could have equivalents added into the PvP portion to eat up amount of AP out there.

Heres another one..

Respecs...Currently right now you spend gold to respec...Why not the ability to choose between Gold and AP?

What about Bag and Bank Space? How about the ability to choose between Gold and AP on that...

Porting around? Why not the ability to use AP for that instead of Gold?

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Itoq wrote: »
    That said, AP gain was not fixed long ago, so players amassing huge amounts of AP should be rewarded with something. A costume hat perhaps.
    Yeah, a costume. Great if you do RP in Cyrodiil!

No thanks. I still remember the nice loyalty reward pets that I can never see because they don't show up in Cyrodiil.

• llllADBllll
    llllADBllll
    ✭✭✭
    Does this mean the monster helms will not be available at 16 too? Would make sense....
    CRAFTMASTER - DAGGERFALL EU XBOX ONE

GAMERTAG - DJANTBOWMAN

Tamriel Trading Company Guildmaster
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I don't want a pat on the head, I want to see PvP being treated like its actually an important part of the game and not like PvPers are the poor relations.

We make next to no gold, only AP which are currently worth nothing.... and still have to sit and watch all the best gear get handed out to the number crunchers who want to bang heads with environment mechanics.
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

For example

Costumes
    Mounts

basically things they've added into the PVE portion of the game..could have equivalents added into the PvP portion to eat up amount of AP out there.

Heres another one..

Respecs...Currently right now you spend gold to respec...Why not the ability to choose between Gold and AP?

What about Bag and Bank Space? How about the ability to choose between Gold and AP on that...

Exactly, there should be more AP sinks for ppl who have AP to spend instead of gold.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cmon folks, its not like they have actual real reasons for dropping these bombs on us.......
    Perhaps they just cant be arsed to do the required coding to bring them up to V16 and needed an excuse.

ZoS is just being true to form with their decision making, clueless as it is and will always be. Its not like they play the game or anything...........................

Save yourselves the stress as expect this sort of decision making all the time, that way you wont be surprised or too disappointed.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cmon folks, its not like they have actual real reasons for dropping these bombs on us.......
    Perhaps they just cant be arsed to do the required coding to bring them up to V16 and needed an excuse.

ZoS is just being true to form with their decision making, clueless as it is and will always be. Its not like they play the game or anything...........................

Save yourselves the stress as expect this sort of decision making all the time, that way you wont be surprised or too disappointed.

Well, if you consider that support mistakenly gave out a V16 Footman necklace, it really can't be hard to code V16 version of other gear. After that incident there is no reasonable excuse anymore for not scaling up gear.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If yall have so much AP, then why arent all the walls in Cyrodiil 100% and why are keeps never sieged 20/20. There are already things you can buy with AP. #Wrobelforemperor
    Edited by PrinceFabious on February 14, 2016 7:36PM
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If yall have so much AP, then why arent all the walls in Cyrodiil 100% and why are keeps never sieged 20/20. There are already things you can buy with AP. #Wrobelforemperor
    When resources level up, the max health of the keep walls increases, leaving the hp at like 80% until it replenishes over time.

People don't 20/20 everything because Point & Left Click gameplay is boring as all hell.
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HoloYoitsu
    The "point and click is boring" boring defense doesnt help your cause. Why should people who spend all their AP on siege and repair kits to contribute to the campaign be left behind while the AP farmers who do nothing for the campaign get the new armor and gear immediately. Wrobel is only saying that the game doesnt cater to AP farmers...which is fair since its a WvW game.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, do I need to rephrase that? It is boring, which is why you don't see random pugs setting up 20/20 siege. Instead it is only the dreaded groups you blanket accuse of being AP farmers that set up full siege.

Wrobel isn't saying anything about not catering to AP farmers, what he is saying equates to "not catering to anyone who actually plays the game."
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HoloYoitsu
    Still not an effective argument. GG wp
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @HoloYoitsu
    The "point and click is boring" boring defense doesnt help your cause. Why should people who spend all their AP on siege and repair kits to contribute to the campaign be left behind while the AP farmers who do nothing for the campaign get the new armor and gear immediately. Wrobel is only saying that the game doesnt cater to AP farmers...which is fair since its a WvW game.

Farming is one way to get AP, but hardly the only one. I have a ridiculous amount of AP as does everyone in my guild, and farming is something we rarely do. Mostly we look for big fights and play objectives. Hell, last time i crowned a guildie emp I got him his AP by just playing the map and winning the fights that mattered.

Turns out that when you're attacking and defending important map objectives, there's usually a lot of people there to kill.

So take your bad argument elsewhere please.

Hell, if we want to really get into it I used to get top 20 in the campaign by ganking a few hours a night on my EP. Getting AP is not difficult to do. Anyone who is a half-decent player has a lot of it.
    Edited by Satiar on February 14, 2016 8:27PM
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I r8 8.8/8

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Satiar
    You should work for ZOS..............lol
    They know what they are doing for the "overall" good of the game. Oh you gank while soloing and making top 20? What a suprise....no ap was spent on repairs or siege that day
    #dealwithit
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Satiar
    You should work for ZOS..............lol
    They know what they are doing for the "overall" good of the game. Oh you gank while soloing and making top 20? What a suprise....no ap was spent on repairs or siege that day
    #dealwithit

Ok I'm done. Someone Spider-Man this.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    A fair point but it is possible to play a campaign properly and still have AP in abundance. I have 4 million AP saved up but always have a full compliment of siege weapons and repair kits. On that basis, my grievance stands.
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    People don't 20/20 everything because Point & Left Click gameplay is boring as all hell.
    Please, by all means, go and play PvE. This attitude is enormously annoying to proper PvPers. If you 20/20 sieging a keep it take less than a minute to get the wall down. But you know, the world revolves around the self entitled.

Edited by VagabondAngel on February 14, 2016 9:00PM
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another win for the Care-Bear contingent....... how dear people that have more AP than others get any sort of benefit.... is a cap on gold next? Why do people with millions of gold have instant access to things I can't earn with AP?
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

For example

Costumes
    Mounts

Heres another one..

They wont say that, but they want ppl to spend crowns on these, not AP. Simple. They get nothing for AP you earn, thats why they dont bother creating new things to spend it on.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ZOS failed to give pvpers things to spend AP on since the pvp vendors have been outdated for very very long time already, and now they said they dont wont update said vendors because players have hoarded too much AP (because we have nothing to spend it on) and dont want to give us the ability to spend it on useful sets or gear...........................

So...whyyy.....*sadface*

PC EU
    PvP only
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please, by all means, go and play PvE. This attitude is enormously annoying to proper PvPers. If you 20/20 sieging a keep it take less than a minute to get the wall down. But you know, the world revolves around the self entitled.
    Nice try. Yes it goes down in about 2 min if you're 50/50ing a PvDoor. I'm still waiting to hear how that's not boring or how being a siege monkey (cousin of the impulse monkey) makes you a "proper PvPr".

I prefer to do my part by keeping the people on siege alive by you know, using my abilities.
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting to hear how that's not boring or how being a siege monkey (cousin of the impulse monkey) makes you a "proper PvPr".

I prefer to do my part by keeping the people on siege alive by you know, using my abilities.
    If you're healing siegers, it can be useful... but you know you can fight/heal and use a siege engine at the same time..? You're not glued to it while in use you know. I can use 2 siege and fight and heal, it isn't hard. A siege monkey is someone who just puts up siege and left clicks at every fight; not the same thing. L2Insult.

If you're a pew pew monkey, well, no comment.

Edited by VagabondAngel on February 14, 2016 9:59PM
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting to hear how that's not boring or how being a siege monkey (cousin of the impulse monkey) makes you a "proper PvPr".

If you're healing siegers, it can be useful... but you know you can fight/heal and use a siege engine at the same time..? You're not glued to it while in use you know. I can use 2 siege and fight and heal, it isn't hard. A siege monkey is someone who just puts up siege and left clicks at every fight; not the same thing. L2Insult.

Sieging with too many ppl is actually contraproductive, because it doesnt give enemies time to come and fight. No fight = no PvP.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Having your healers on siege duty is a good way to get wiped, but be my guest. When you are in a contested siege vs a skilled raid, or God forbid 3 stacked raids, you will not get 20/20 siege down, period. Unless your side is bringing numbers to just zerg the map down.

In those fights, your group is constantly moving and reacting to enemy bombs, spreading out to avoid them and condensing to counter bomb. You can only leave a couple people to maintain tag in the walls intermittently, and even when you return to sieging you don't do 20/20 even though it's physically doable - because it spreads the group over too much ground to let them condense in time to react to a stealth bomb.

Those are the types of fights that are exciting. I am still waiting to hear how your 20/20 isn't boring.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    people who have insane amounts if AP should be rewarded with something to actually spend it on imo.

again, you could buy me an akaviri motif set :D
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that they're considering AP caps shows how out of touch ZOS devs actually are. It's pitiful.

Itemization options are so limited at the moment, especially because Willpower/Agility/Endurance are so stat-efficient compared to most other set bonuses. Bringing old sets that include jewelry to v16 without changing the too-valuable-to-give-up jewelry (outside of the Vicious Death set) won't actually do much.

They have a lot of things to address and correct before adding more content, but honestly their track record of coming to direct and reasonable solutions to blatant issues is not pretty.

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love seeing the carebears come out and defend this sort of move.
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    I love seeing the carebears come out and defend this sort of move.

+1
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P