The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v2.3.0

• potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The patch seems alright, I mean D.K. are going to come back strong in this one and they will be hard to kill as hell !! I kind of feel they may have grown a bit too strong. Nightblade got nerf at some point, mostly because they can no longer regen stamina while in sthealth which gives us a huge disavantage over the most class who had a lot of shielding and healing buff.

Sorcerer seems fine as well, and templar well I've put much tought about it since most of the modification seems to apply to pvp and magika templar.

But I do wonder Something:

- Could templar gain an increase stamina regeneration bonus at some point maybe a boost to repentance in term of stamina regeneration.

- Would it be possible to give a little more detail about the siege weapon, I mean 20% stamina reduction is a lot ! How would work lighting one since it's only 10% per thick ?

And finally, thanks for the adjustment inide champion point, seems like it will work well. Might have switch the new thaumaturge into a more neutral tree so that stamina DK don't get too much temptation to dot our ass off since now stamina class can't run purge as easily as they could but ...

:smile:
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Any word as to why we still have a champion star that decreases poison and disease damage, but removed the star that increased poison and disease damage? Was something missed or is that how it will remain for now?

EDITED: never mind found the answer on a refresh of comments. Thanks!
    Edited by bowmanz607 on February 3, 2016 10:16PM
  • bountyspiter
    bountyspiter
    ✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    Are siege effects purgable? Thought that was going to be another featured change @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

They were purgable before, and continue to be purgable. :)

That said, you should check the purge changes :)
    They are still purgable, but the whole thing will no longer be the same as before
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed at the watering down of provisioning crafting . First mats now recipes to just buy lol. wheres the fun in finding exploring/stealing opening a chest to get one or even Trade or but on a store?

What are you truly thinking with that
  • Vaktus
    Vaktus
    ✭✭
    Patch just started downloading. Enjoy!
    Sixteen-year-old on a quest for world domination. Watch out!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang...seems like my Templar is being killed by each patch.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ordraveeb17_ESO
    RIP Azura Star (((
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Healing ritual also does 25% less healing now. So that's not exactly a massive buff... same amount of healers per time spent casting as before.
    While true, the cast time was the biggest deterrent to using it before. It already did some of the highest heals in the game, but was too slow to effectively use in most situations.
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade got nerf at some point, mostly because they can no longer regen stamina while in sthealth

Where did you see this?
  • Crogster
    Crogster
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc Twilight the new Breath of Life lol! :P
    Phoenix Templar
    V16 Sorc
    EDC - Guild Leader/ Founder(30/3/14) , SWAT, DEI Alliance
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dang...seems like my Templar is being killed by each patch.

Yep might be time to just delete my Templar to be done with it , good luck filling Templar bountys now
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MLRPZ wrote: »
    Well RIP breath Of life, welcome to "I'm a healer I must Healing springs"...

It's not so bad. My healer already does way better with springs than BoL anyway. It takes far more skill and raid awareness to heal without BoL. Having it hit 2 targets instead of three is virtually without consequence in small group content (like dungeons) and we all knew they were going to nerf PvP healing again anyway.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Also, question: I recall a while ago that there was plans to update/change weapon/armor traits to make them more appealing (e.g. rather than just everyone wanting Divines or Infused). Is there still plans to update those? I think after that I'll be pretty much at Khajiit Content Level 9.

> Reduced the bonus movement speed from the Major Expedition buff category to 30% from 40%.
    > Increased the bonus movement speed from Sprint to 40% from 30%.

I think this is their solution to make well-fitted more appealing ...
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    Will sorcerer pets actually stealth now?
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. Confused by the changes to sorcerer pets:
    "Summon Winged Twilight:

This ability and its morphs are no longer toggle abilities; instead, they are now normal casted abilities. The first activation will summon your pet, and when morphed, the second activation will cast the pet’s special ability.

Note that the pet will still be desummoned if you switch ability bars without slotting it.

Am I understanding this correctly in that if I summon a pet and then switch my weapon ... it unsummons? I think this defeats the point of making it untoggleable.

^ What he said right there. Don't see how this would encourage more people to use pets, as the only thing I see changing is that you don't need to have it "on" all the time. OTOH it introduces another skill in your rotation as you manually have to cast the pet's secondary ability.
    Edited by daemonios on February 3, 2016 10:36PM
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies, everyone. Missed a note under the Champion System:
    • The Ritual
      • Mighty: This ability will now increase Physical, Poison, and Disease Damage dealt, rather than Physical Damage only.

Thanks for it, I was suspecting it was missing. :smile:

Btw, what about stamina skills dealing magic or flame damage and ultimates?
    Some examples: Killer's Blade (NB stamina), Unstable Flames (DK stamina), Fighters Guild's skills, many Ultimates, etc.

How can we buff them with Champion System?
    You should change something for these skills and ultimates, otherwise these are the only ones not involved in these changements.
    But for Dragon Leap, stamina builds would have always weaker ultimates than magicka ones.
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we got nothing to heavy armor right?
    I think i should start to wear medium, but i don't want to -_-.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Drako
    Drako
    Just an idea:
    I think you can improve the playing experience, if you make a different motion animation to each different race (for example a breton and an orc have a same motion, what is not providential.)

Edited by Drako on February 3, 2016 10:48PM
  • Twilix01
    Twilix01
    ✭✭✭
    So, any word on how to get the style material for the new motifs?
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the *** template characters have 300 cp???
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding " You will no longer be able to launch or run the DirectX 9 version of the game."

Does this mean I've now lost my game and can't play it any more as from the beginning of March? Please help!
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twilix01 wrote: »
    So, any word on how to get the style material for the new motifs?

Mimic stone from crown store? ;)
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    2. Confused by the changes to sorcerer pets:
    "Summon Winged Twilight:

This ability and its morphs are no longer toggle abilities; instead, they are now normal casted abilities. The first activation will summon your pet, and when morphed, the second activation will cast the pet’s special ability.

Note that the pet will still be desummoned if you switch ability bars without slotting it.

Am I understanding this correctly in that if I summon a pet and then switch my weapon ... it unsummons? I think this defeats the point of making it untoggleable.

^ What he said right there. Don't see how this would encourage more people to use pets, as the only thing I see changing is that you don't need to have it "on" all the time. OTOH it introduces another skill in your rotation as you manually have to cast the pet's secondary ability.

No more fat fingering your pet off by accident during a tough fight. There's the one reason that made this one stiff in the whiskers.

Same with radiant magelight. And if you watch this one's twitch stream you'll see exactly how handy that's going to be. ^_^
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • kaalmoth
    kaalmoth
    ✭✭✭
    As a mag templar, i like some of the patch, jabs not CCing anymore, for starters. But some other stuff, meh.
    My questions:
    backlash: buff or nerf? Since i use it mostly for the healing pool, and i dont really get how it works...
    I like what lyou did with eclipse, but will it reflect spells reflected by dks? I guess not anymore and thats sad.
    Rune focus: did it get nerfed? We need to stay in rune to get the morph effect or did i missread??
    Sun shield: still useless in pvp i guess.

Anyway, overall i guess its a nice patch.
    Edited by kaalmoth on February 3, 2016 11:06PM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean a sorc can't despawn his pet anymore if he has the pet skill on both bars?! Has been a while since I played with pets on mine, but I do remember deliberately despawning them at times.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VR16 Shadow Walker plz :worried:

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Proxy Det change is a little surprising to say the least, it will hit 36% harder if you hit 10+ targets.
    Nightblade got nerf at some point, mostly because they can no longer regen stamina while in sthealth

Not if you take stam regen drink buff instead of buff food.

The main nerf for NBs is the fact that Cloak doesnt remove DOTs anymore.
    Also the resource return of Siphoning Attacks will be a lot less because Caltrops counts as DOT.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno "Once Update 9 is published, the Azura's Star and Blackwater Blade campaigns will limit the Champion System. While in these campaigns, you will not be able to spend Champion Points when they are earned until you leave Cyrodiil, and all Champion abilities will be inactive."

Clarification needed here on "champion abilities" for Azura's Star and Blackwater Blade.
    Does this include any & all champion point ability passives or only the 10, 30, 75, and 120 point passives?
    Thanks.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Time to go into full stamina on my dk.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Vynn wrote: »
    No Dragon blood love? Or did I miss that...

They're proving that they care nothing about DK and Templar with this patch. I'm about ready to table both of mine.
    PC/NA