The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.3.0

• Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I hope there is going to be a free repsec for Champion Points with the release of the DLC due to the changes you have made.. A few of them are rather significant!

Such as this one.

The Lady
    Elemental Defender: This ability now reduces Flame, Frost, Shock, and Magic Damage dealt to you, instead of Flame, Frost, and Shock Damage only.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • nilldax
    nilldax
    ✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »
    nilldax wrote: »
    Quick question about Cloak skill: as Dark Cloak doenst removes DoT's , Shadow version supress 'em - is the duration increased? Most damage overtime effects last for ~8 secs leaving Stamblades basically on mercy of Vigor(+Rally) to survive melting heat of some Dragonknights. Meanwhile Magicka based NB can stay for meaningful time. However slipping through oils/fire ballistas seems to be even easier... due to supressing instead of purging.

well on any breach is atleast one kind of aoe, like caltroops, wich will hit you out of cloak and you will melt in seconds

AoE on breach comes on pair with organized raids - i ment in overall. Point is that: previously i was, in that case, entering Caltrops (with speed buff from bow passive), Shuffle, occasionaly sprint, Dark Cloak to get rid of flames on me. Now i need run through Caltrops AND use Shadow Cloak or use that skill in moment before dmg ticks.
    But mostly worring part is fight against user of Degeneration (which may cause break invisibility on proc), Meteor (wanna know if still can avoid it) and MG based DK.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteors are going to hurt.. non reflectable.. and looks like they also fixed the "feature" for templars to purge in-flight projectiles, which includes meteor (and frags :P ).

Pity neither DK nor Templar got a way to gain speed and with the change to Retreating Maneuver, it means you can't piggyback on speed from people around you.
  • Bandz
    Bandz
    Soul Shriven
    Some really good changes all around with this one Zeni.. Well done lads and lasses!
  • DoctorSwampy
    DoctorSwampy
    ✭✭✭
    "Breath of Life (Rushed Ceremony morph): This morph now only fires one additional secondary heal, previously two heals."
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steel Tornado (Whirlwind morph): Decreased the radius of this morph to 9 meters on all Ranks from 11/11.5/12/12.5 meters on Ranks I/II/III/IV. This morph now gains slightly more damage as it ranks up.

So youre decreasing the radius to a point where its not even double the un-morphed radius (5 meters), thanks...
    Edited by Riggsy on February 3, 2016 9:51PM
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dagonbeer wrote: »
    I haven't read the notes thoroughly yet, but I do think Templar win the award for the largest single class nerf in the patch notes.

From what I can see, Templars didn't get nerfed at all aside from BoL.

Aside from the change to path, Nightblades got nerfed all around (but not unreasonably.)

I said largest single class nerf. In other words, comparing every class nerf in the patch notes, Templar had the single largest nerf.
    Edited by timidobserver on February 3, 2016 9:50PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    I have to say... this pretty much addresses 90% of the problems I have with the game. I'm impressed! Although, I'm kind of sad the Khajiit crit passive didn't seem to get fixed -- at least, not yet. But Argonians get a small bit of love, so I'm happy.

It did get fixed.

• Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    MLRPZ wrote: »
    Well RIP breath Of life, welcome to "I'm a healer I must Healing springs"...

This is a bizarre nerf. Healing Springs is great for a group that is stacked. But all the boss mechanics in PvE have been moving towards forcing groups to move around and spread out. And now they nerf ability to heal groups that move around and spread out! It'll be great for ball zergs in PvP. As any group *not* in a ball zerg will have a more difficult time healing thanks to Breath of Life nerf.
    It makes the most sense for PVP where Templar medics would just sit there and spam BOL over and over and over and over... this reduction will actually help nullify the high healing of BOL being spammed by multiple Templars in zerg blobs.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Apologies, everyone. Missed a note under the Champion System:
    • The Ritual
      • Mighty: This ability will now increase Physical, Poison, and Disease Damage dealt, rather than Physical Damage only.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    MLRPZ wrote: »
    Well RIP breath Of life, welcome to "I'm a healer I must Healing springs"...

This is a bizarre nerf. Healing Springs is great for a group that is stacked. But all the boss mechanics in PvE have been moving towards forcing groups to move around and spread out. And now they nerf ability to heal groups that move around and spread out! It'll be great for ball zergs in PvP. As any group *not* in a ball zerg will have a more difficult time healing thanks to Breath of Life nerf.
    It makes the most sense for PVP where Templar medics would just sit there and spam BOL over and over and over and over... this reduction will actually help nullify the high healing of BOL being spammed by multiple Templars in zerg blobs.

I like the change because it encourages proper group makeup with a tank. No need to heal the third target if the tanks doing his job. Now running dungeons with 3 DPS + 1 healer will be harder. Long live tanks!!
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is race change? ((((

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • jwarren68
    jwarren68
    ✭✭✭
    jwarren68 wrote: »
    Argonian Resistance: Increased the maximum health bonus from this passive ability to 3/6/9% at Ranks I/II/III from 2/4/6%.
    But nothing about Carnage for Khajit? Really? Please tell me I missed it?

If the concern is based from the lower Critical Strike Chance, that was due to an issue with Dexterity and Pressure Points which is fixed in this update; it was just amplified for Carnage since that passive already affects crit.

If there's something else, then please let us know.

Yes, I believe that's it. Thank you!
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Detector wrote: »
    Where is race change? ((((

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Always been announced as DB DLC.
  • Dedricus
    Dedricus
    ✭✭✭
    Still no buffs to heavy armor. No buffs to Stamina Templar. Ok.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    ofc.. again the pve suck the pvp changes.. so typical.

I gotta agree on this.

PVP'ers crying that ZOS doesn't care about them and yet all the "balance" issues are PVP which of course affect the PVE'ers.

• Samuel_Bantien
    Samuel_Bantien
    ✭✭✭
    • The Ritual
      • Mighty: This ability will now increase Physical, Poison, and Disease Damage dealt, rather than Physical Damage only.

Thaumaturge: This ability now increases the damage done by damage over time effects, instead of increasing Poison, Disease, and Magic Damage.

Killed my hybrid build :'(
    Zaxon
    PC NA
    Ebonheart:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Suedoú
    Magicka Nightblade: Suedou
    Magicka Sorcerer: Suedoe
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    The magicka cost of Breath of Life is a bit too steep considering the nerf now... Could the cost be adjusted?
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Why is there no stamina morphs for sorcerers these changes only support magicka players this isn't right
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    Are siege effects purgable? Thought that was going to be another featured change @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

They were purgable before, and continue to be purgable. :)

Miss stated that, I mean to ask if siege effects were changed to be unpurgeable as @ZOS_BrianWheeler stated they were testing
    • All side effects from siege weapons (snare, healing taken reduction, siege damage increase taken) are no longer purgable.

So if these can still be purged are there plans to make them unpurgeable in the future?
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, question: I recall a while ago that there was plans to update/change weapon/armor traits to make them more appealing (e.g. rather than just everyone wanting Divines or Infused). Is there still plans to update those? I think after that I'll be pretty much at Khajiit Content Level 9.
  • Ladiev
    Ladiev
    ✭✭

• Magelight:
      • This ability and its morphs are no longer toggle abilities; instead, they will grant their Critical Strike rating benefits as long as they are slotted (similar to Expert Hunter).

With this approach to toggled abilities (like the summoned creatures also), is there any reason this has not been applied to Bound Armor and morphs too?

If they added an activated ability to it, then the cosmetic change could overwrite whenever you activate it?

It just seems strange to change all toggleables except one.
  • Maseri
    Maseri
    ✭✭✭
    • The Ritual

Thank you Gina, I'm glad to see this!
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Roselle wrote: »
    The magicka cost of Breath of Life is a bit too steep considering the nerf now... Could the cost be adjusted?
    Breath of Life has a 28 meter range and does really, REALLY strong heals. I think the cost is fair given the range. At closer ranges, the updates to Healing Ritual and its morphs would be more effective now (25% faster cast time) and it still does really strong heals as well.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minimal buffs for Bow, which is a shame. But could you at least do a better job standardizing damage type of bows? Right now, it is split between physical, poison, and fire. Which is kind of a mess.

People do not really build for a certain damage type. So having all these Champion Points based around damage types, even with your efforts to consolidate them, just does not mesh with the way people play the game or build their characters.
    Edited by Dagoth_Rac on February 3, 2016 10:05PM
  • Vynn
    Vynn
    ✭✭✭
    No Dragon blood love? Or did I miss that...
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Did you possibly see my previous message? what happened to the burning light changes for templars or were they not included in this
    #MOREORBS
  • Crogster
    Crogster
    ✭✭✭
    Some great work here <3 Forward camps coming back is amazing! Extremely happy with the toggles having an activated ability, Crying about purge ... :wink:
    Phoenix Templar
    V16 Sorc
    EDC - Guild Leader/ Founder(30/3/14) , SWAT, DEI Alliance
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_n2kygg41US1rzgx44o1_400.gif
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roselle wrote: »
    Breath of Life has a 28 meter range and does really, REALLY strong heals. I think the cost is fair given the range. At closer ranges, the updates to Healing Ritual and its morphs would be more effective now (25% faster cast time) and it still does really strong heals as well.

Healing ritual also does 25% less healing now. So that's not exactly a massive buff... same amount of healers per time spent casting as before.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord