Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming siege changes in next major update

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But for every 1 time I get hit, a ball group gets hit 100.

Slight correction for you there...

SIX of them get hit for 100
    The next 24 get hit for 50
    Any others in the area get hit for 25.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    I don't know why people expect to capture a keep without too much troubles if there is alot of sieges already deployed with an organized group.. you should have near to 0 chances.

You might be on to something here. Personally I've always enjoyed defending keeps more than attacking. The difference between -- a) a keep that changes owners 6 times during 1 hour, and -- b) an hour-long successful keep defense -- is that in a) everyone feels they succeeded multiple times, while b) leaves the attackers frustrated. As soon as the monetization department finds out these changes take away that hollow sense of accomplishment from Cyrodiil, they will pull them back.

Edited by Merlight on December 3, 2015 1:37PM
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Raizin wrote: »
    I wonder, have u ever played your game?

I'm beginning to think ... not.

I don't see "well the PTS testing revealed X, so we are making changes that address it"

I don't see peeps who play on PTS talking about their feedback/input being listened to.

Am I missing that?

@newtinmpls

You also forgot, the REAL ZoS stance on PTS:

"Its a small scale server, so we REALLY could not test the effectiveness on the game."
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if there are plans to changing how siege shield works. This seems to be a great opportunity to adjust an ability that otherwise is practically useless aside from those wanting to jump to the inner walls. Can someone at ZOS comment on if the damage reduction is going to work on DOTS as well as Damage.

I see a lot of players complaining about things that may or may not truly effect the play time overall. It would be nice to know that some old / un-used abilities are coming back with a new utility.

• themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Y'all need to chill. These changes may not fix PvP, dunno if anything ever will. What they do add though is a lot more dynamic to siege, which was horribly lacking. Now you will see some siege engines that probably 90% of PvPers don't even know about. Increasing the damage is also very much needed, when someone can face-tank a trebuchet like it is nothing, you know siege is too weak. I look forward to seeing how these changes shake up the PvP META we have.

Also,

#REMOVEAOECAPS

Siege never had aoe caps in the first place. Guess why they removed ground oil, it was a succesfull zergbuster and didnt benefit the masses as much.

@johan.danielsson1994b16_ESO

Yes, it did and does, the 6/24/30 rule.

Thats strange, i've had a lot of larger numbers then x6 on my sieges pre 1.6.
    :]
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Y'all need to chill. These changes may not fix PvP, dunno if anything ever will. What they do add though is a lot more dynamic to siege, which was horribly lacking. Now you will see some siege engines that probably 90% of PvPers don't even know about. Increasing the damage is also very much needed, when someone can face-tank a trebuchet like it is nothing, you know siege is too weak. I look forward to seeing how these changes shake up the PvP META we have.

Also,

#REMOVEAOECAPS

Siege never had aoe caps in the first place. Guess why they removed ground oil, it was a succesfull zergbuster and didnt benefit the masses as much.

Before 1.6 when all skills had AoE caps siege didnt have any.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

Yes but there's 4 player groups and there are large groups (what is it again.. 24 ppl? forgot..).. and with large groups, I don't mean solo's near eachother.. I mean actually grouped up and seen as a group by the game.

@Docmandu

Last night, on PC NA, our 24 person group was fighting TWO DC raids, probably full, as they were lead by two of the more well-known streamers, not counting any pugs/or secondary groups.

Up your numbers to at least 48 when talking large groups.
    Edited by Darlgon on December 3, 2015 1:40PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also,

#REMOVEAOECAPS

If you're going off add-ons like FTC they report more hits than are actually effected by the Siege. I used to think I was actually hurting 12+ people with my sieges because FTC would come up saying "Fire Ballista 2000 (x13)" or however it used to. Turns out I was hitting them, but not harming them.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome stuff
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear reds and yellows, now your 50 man zergs running into our keeps will be net with death, no longer will you stand there completly ignoring 2 or 3 of us firing siege into your midst, now you will die, or have to back off.

This sounds like a good change, gives small groups or individual players to hit hard and defend once more.

Sincerely

Blues
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    No PvPer fears siege right now. I sieged a keep last night while being attacked by a meatbag and 2 fire ballistas on me without my health every dropping below 90%. I think spending a good part of your time avoiding siege is going to take precedence to staying on crown.

@Ezareth

Can I be honest.. you are not kidding.. I am one of the few who, not only carries about every kind of siege, but is willing to run around with little AP from buying/maintaining siege and repairing walls ..I see how people ignore siege all the time.. I wish I could count how many times every shot shows no damage to players, just, hit x shields for x non damage.

How did you keep your health up? Did you get off your siege and self-heal/pot? or add/replace shields? Or just stand there.. I am betting just stand there.

So many of the complaints are not about just the 30% increase in siege but the non-purgeable, non-potable, non-removable effects, like heal debuff. What if your self heal was 25% of what it is now,,, and you could not change that? You were on fire, and you could not remove it?

Can I remind ANYONE of the uproar over, "OOOOH, a vamp is draining my health and I cant break free because it stuns me." uproar?

Yes, seige needs to hit harder.. right now, it runs thru a 50% reduction in damage, so they are upping it.. 30%? So.. its really this calculation.. ((current damage *2)*1.3)/2) = future damage. Would that have made any difference to you, with how ever many CP you have into mitigation?
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on guys you get a 3 secon warning to get out of the circle before it hits, if your dumb enough to stand in it, you should get rekt.....everyone in this game has developed bad habits of just standing in red circles in PVP because siege is rarely a threat to you and 20+ man groups should not be able to stand in concentrated seige fire and not die because of healing and purge spam, its these lag trains that are ruining the darn game.

This change alone may get me to resub! best news i have heard all year concerning ESO!

Funny you should mention lag trains and a THREE second warning. Lag trains have me playing 30 second or more behind the game. I am basically bashing skills based on what I HOPE will help in the future.

I guess you have not been playing because you are unsubbed?
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Siege weapons have no aoe caps. Never did. Which is why they are an important counter to the ball group meta.

That's cause it's uncapped like I said above. Hit 20 people with a stone treb and you will see the same damage x20 on your add-ons.
    Edited by Maulkin on December 3, 2015 2:44PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Siege weapons have no aoe caps. Never did. Which is why they are an important counter to the ball group meta.

Interesting... seems like we have very conflicting information and views here from people. @ZOS_BrianWheeler could you confirm the current cap status on siege weapons as that might help further the discussion on how they function.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Brian,

Not sure if this is taboo, or not following the Lore, but,

Ground Oils?
    I keep hearing "ground oils", and though I understand the intention of using something against zergs, using a pot of oil on the ground was always silly. And I would never support reverting "oil pots" back to this. But I am not against the idea of something else in its place.
    I don't see why not. If I had a pot of oil, and I tipped it up in-place, at ground level, it would spread out radially from the pot. The only problem with it is that it wouldn't damage allies, which it should do (but then, all siege should damage allies).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I support this idea alot. Defensive ticks based on participation instead of locations. I would also like that AP gains on direct attacks/heals worked as followed :

1) AP gains on damage should be given to said player accordingly to the % of damage he delt
    2) AP gains on healing should be given to said healer only

@frozywozy

Yech.. you LIKED how they divided up TV stones inside IC? Top 12 damage dealers/healers get everything and everyone else gets nothing? Thats the mechanic they have in place to divide up based on what you just said.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    Dear reds and yellows, now your 50 man zergs running into our keeps will be net with death, no longer will you stand there completly ignoring 2 or 3 of us firing siege into your midst, now you will die, or have to back off.

This sounds like a good change, gives small groups or individual players to hit hard and defend once more.

Sincerely

Blues

And that right there is the terribad mentality that has permeated these forums for months, and gives ZOS the impression that this is both healthy and desirable for pvp. In what world does it make sense for 2 or 3 people to left click a few times and wipe 50 people? All of the 'small groups' seem to want to be able to just sit off to the side in safety and click a few siege and see massive AP ticks scrolling on their screen. If you want AP, use your abilities and actually fight. If you can't kill them, they either outnumber you so significantly you're going to need to get reinforcements and try again, they're just better than you, or there are mechanic changes that wroebel needs to fix. Just because there are 2-3 people sitting alone in a keep and 50 people pour through a breach, that doesn't mean those 2-3 people should have any realistic chance of wiping them by left clicking once or twice. It's the effort/skill equivalent of running by yourself into a large group, light attacking, and expecting to kill them because prox det doesn't work so well when it's just you.

Do you know what happens when you give 2-3 people the ability to defend against 50 players with stupidly overpowered siege like so many people seem to want? Literally your entire faction can stack to push a single keep while 2-3 people defend your keeps behind you. If you stack that many people in one spot, the rest of your keeps should be easy pickings because you're dumb enough to stack that many and not defend objectives properly. Yeah, this scenario sounds great for 'stopping the ball groups and stopping the lag'.

Sorry, but tactically the best thing for small groups and individual players is to be on the transit lines stopping reinforcements. If they want to be at the keep defending, that's great, we need a few people there, but they should have zero expectations of being god-like and somehow wiping 20 times their number. Having a few people running solo putting up siege to target breaches/flags/whatever while organized defenders take on the attackers is always beneficial, even in today's meta. The problem arises when those few people think they should be able to wipe said attackers solely with siege. Almost no one criticizing these changes is saying that there shouldn't be any buffs at all to siege, the criticism has been that some of these changes are broken as eff and give far too much power for the dude on top of a random wall spamming left click.
    Edited by Zheg on December 3, 2015 3:04PM
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Stacking doesn't avoid "ALL damage". You get ZERO smart healing from stacking in siege aoe because SIEGE IS NOT AOE CAPPED. Everyone takes the same *** damage. How can I explain basic game mechanics any simpler for you?.

@Manoekin

You cant.. because you are wrong.
    Wrobel wrote: »
    Healing abilities currently cap at 6 targets, where damage can hit up to 60 targets (100% to the first 6, 50% to the next 24, and 25% to the last 30).
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.. still only on page 18 of 25... WOW..

@Teargrants

First off, I approve your meme...
    Teargrants wrote: »
    v1dov.jpg

However, one correction, if it has not been made...:
    Battlespirit did indeed change the value of damage from Siege weapons, which we are looking to correct with these changes.
    - 30% dmg buff on top of removing the Battle Spirit debuff from siege dmg equates to siege doing 260% more dmg than on Live. Normal Fire Balistas alone will do 13k+ dmg on the initial hit + almost that much on the next tick. That's already enough to kill most people in Cyrodiil if they don't get it purged off immediately. We should all know what this means for Cold Stone Trebs, which will probably actually be one shotting ppl.

Brian meant, Stone trebs NOW go through a 50% damage reduction from Battle Spirit. SO, when they hit walls for 4k, and NPCs for 13292, they have already undergone a reduction. They were originally designed to hit for 8K and 26k. With the changes, upping the damage 30%, it takes the siege back up to 5320 and 17670, closer to their intended hit value.

Not that I agree its the best solution, its.. just how I read what he is saying.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hektik_V wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I think ZoS needs to stop rethinking their game. Every major patch there is an accompanying major change to an underlying mechanic (dynamic ulti gen, stam regen while blocking, etc). I feel like small incremental changes more often are much better than these huge changes that completely change the meta every patch.

@Hektik_V

I.. wish it were that simple. The reason they have to make these major changes is..

The certification for consoles, at least in part... Its not just PCs any more baby. They have to make changes major to get them thru the certification process less often. The small tweaks they do now, to patch things, also have to get certified, but dont take as long.
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    For clarification, Siege weapons have no cap.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Brian, this is actually news to me... I need to have words with some people who told me wrong.

Further from this, is that no cap on damage & effects or just no cap on damage. Meaning in live game right now if a group of 24 are hit by a meatbag do all 24 gain the healing debuff?

I think I can also say the fact I am unaware of how this functions only goes to reinforce how little the meatbag matters in the current state of the game due to Purge.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Brian meant, Stone trebs NOW go through a 50% damage reduction from Battle Spirit. SO, when they hit walls for 4k, and NPCs for 13292, they have already undergone a reduction. They were originally designed to hit for 8K and 26k. With the changes, upping the damage 30%, it takes the siege back up to 5320 and 17670, closer to their intended hit value.

Not that I agree its the best solution, its.. just how I read what he is saying.

You are way off... again.

Battle Spirit is a buff applied on the player which grants him a reduction on received damage from other players. It's not a debuff on the damage you deal to others, hence you always hit NPCs in Cyrodiil or IC with full tooltip damage.

If you ever had the Battle Spirit bug in Imperial City, where it's simply not applied on you (it's not under your list of buffs on char screen), you'd understand. You don't deal any higher damage on the players, but people are hitting you with 25k Wrecking Blows, 30k Take Flights and Overloads and such.

Walls don't have Battle Spirit buffs. Hence they always took and always take the same damage from siege regardless of the Battle Spirit values. 4k.

But siege damage originates from a player (which is what Brian said) and as such when it hits another player, that other player debuffs the value due to his Battle Spirit buff.

Edited by Maulkin on December 3, 2015 3:49PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege shields should help mitigate thee unpurgable and uncounterable secondary effects.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm going to be super cereal here, these posts are like watching a train wreck.
    2) Send vampire nightblades with cloak inside to assassinate people using sieges on the breach
    Each word here makes this sentence progressively stupider.

- Relying on vamp NBs in a hotly contested siege, cuz camo hunter/oil/fire siege is fun?
    - Cloaking into a breach???? THROUGH THE CALTROPS/MINES/RUNES/FEAR TRAPS/SIEGE HITS?!
    - Assassinate them on their siege? So, I kill one guy and.....no one will rez him, when he's in his own keep? OK??

Back when my guild was more active (before people started leaving because of bad server performances), we had a dedicated scout group with specific roles and most of them were vampire nightblades. They were spec glass cannon, single target with high mobility and survivability. As soon as the breach would go down, their role was to push inside with immovable, maneuvers and mist form. As soon as they passed the breach, they would start cloaking all the way to single siege operator and focus target them one by one. In the case of the inner breach, they would go up on the catwalk and kill people dropping oils. This tactic was amazing and it was super effective. If I had the numbers, I would reintroduce that right away.
    3) Separate your large group into smaller ones and go in between each siege volleys
    In between siege volleys? Explain to me where the 'in between' is when there are 3+ oil cats alternately hitting a breach? Oil cats will be the most OP siege if these changes go through unmodified. As soon as 1 oil cat hits you group, all the other siege will start finding you.

Like I said in multiple posts in this thread, I disagree about the sieges changed as suggested in the green post. They should be tweaked down a little bit and I'm not going to rexplain my idea again as I've done it enough already. This being said, it is doable to go into smaller groups between each siege volley if you do it correctly with purify / siege shield on the breach, maneuvers/barriers on people and immo potion or immovable.
    From what I've seen on the night of tuesday, you were running a medium group of 12 between bleakers and chalman mine and you were constantly rushing ones and twos (me included) and you farmed lower numbers on the chalman mine for a while. Not saying that you do it all the time but still you don't hesitate when you get a chance to get some easy AP.
    Give me a break Frozn, I know you're not blind. There were easily upwards of 20+ reds that constantly came streaming out of chalamo pretty much as fast as we killed them and eventually overran us on the mine flag. You were right there in the middle of all of them on that flag and all of the other pushes, so don't play the fool. There was no "constantly rushing ones and twos" as you would like to claim.

With the 12 that we had in group, we weren't going to kid ourselves that we would get a siege off. The choices are either take the mine and try getting some good fights around it, or go on the north side and bait with siege in a much less defensible position.

I've never said that you were outnumbering people for the whole night. I've said that sometimes, you won't hesitate to jump on ones and twos with your whole group. This is what I have seen you guys doing on multiple occasions on tuesday evening.

The fact that you talk about me sitting on the flag with 20 EPs and you getting pushed by several reds during the evening doesn't change that at any point. It just prouves, once again, that you assume that I control the EP red armies, when in reality, I was soloing all by myself and wasn't ordering to my army of slaves any action against you.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Bull, Xsorus, the level of hate you guys level at groups is just crazy. I don't know where it comes from or what spawns it, but apparently just being in a guild that runs more than your internal limit of players means our opinion is trash and not to be heard just by merit of who our friends are and who we run with. What even is that? We like to play in a group big enough to take on map objectives and fight similar minded groups, that's literally it. The stuff pouring out of you guys at people like me and my friends is straight up toxic.

I do not mind large groups per se. Watching large groups spam purge after purge after purge, removing and at times even negating all incoming damage, is something that has bothered me since the early game.

Purge is too powerful, game breaking, allows the ignoring of key game systems. Key game systems such as damage over time, roots, snares, heal debuffs, and if timed right direct damage itself.

If you and your friends take it personally, you shouldn't. I believe the incoming changes are good for the game. It just so happens that those who do not what these changes happen to spend 99% of their time in large groups. Groups that just so happen to lean on purge very heavily.

The more complaints I see coming from the members of these groups and their leaders, the more confident I am that these changes are what's needed. The large group purge purge purge...purge purge purge... play style is toxic. It needs to go. Nothing personal.

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Also,

#REMOVEAOECAPS

If you're going off add-ons like FTC they report more hits than are actually effected by the Siege. I used to think I was actually hurting 12+ people with my sieges because FTC would come up saying "Fire Ballista 2000 (x13)" or however it used to. Turns out I was hitting them, but not harming them.

Basic problem with addons.. they are not official ZoS product, so they can be fooled/spoofed or the game can flat out lie to them.

AAAnd.. just got down to Brians correction:

@ZOS_BrianWheeler Why the asdf not? You are playing by the Battle Spirit rule.. why not Eric's 6/24/30.. or.. is that the point.
    Edited by Darlgon on December 3, 2015 4:19PM
  • Olivierko
    Olivierko
    ✭✭✭
    Basic problem with addons.. they are not official ZoS product, so they can be fooled/spoofed or the game can flat out lie to them.

The API is an official product, the UI you have by default is using the same API as the community addons are AFAIK.

Scenarios like the described one are more likely to be a bug in the API or a reflection of the reality.

Edited by Olivierko on December 3, 2015 4:24PM
    Addons:PointificatorRaidificator

1. Dar'diov ★ AvA 25 ★ Nightblade
    2. Tig'ger ★ AvA 9 ★ Dragonknight
    3. Ba'bushka ★ AvA 28 ★ Sorcerer
    4. Hails-To-Putin ★ AvA 18 ★ Templar
    5. Ba'boon ★ AvA 13 ★ Sorcerer

6. PC EU ★ Aldmeri DominionYoutube
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey gang!

In the next major update we'll be adjusting damage and other effects from siege weapons. This will go in conjunction with other changes regarding repair kits and keep upgrades, but the changes noted here are specific to players effects (damage, snares, dots, etc.).

These changes are currently being tested internally and may change before they go to PTS/Live:
    • Damage across the board for all siege weapons has been increased roughly 30%, but we are considering increasing that more.
    • Snares have been normalized on all siege weapons that apply that debuff (ice treb, lightning ballista, oil catapult) to be a 50% snare, and last 6 seconds.
    • All side effects from siege weapons (snare, healing taken reduction, siege damage increase taken) are no longer purgable.
    • Oil Catapults will now also have a "Stamina damage" value added, which takes away roughly 5000 Stamina from enemy targets.
    • Lightning Ballista will now also have a "Magicka Damage" value added, which takes away roughly 5000 Magicka from enemy targets.
    • Ballista now turn faster and have their "scatter" variable removed, making them 100% accurate to your aimed location.
    • Scattershot now adds 20% damage taken from other siege weapons instead of 10%

Thanks for any feedback regarding these changes and again, these may or may not go up to PTS/Live exactly as stated here, but this is what we're currently testing =)

*sigh* Why is it that every change you guys makes only reinforces the zergs and blobs, to the detriment of the smaller groups?

I mean, I grok the difficulty in trying to find the balance between single-target (aka ganking) and group (aka zergs and blobs) play in PvP. But right now, everything you've done has only made things harder and harder for the smaller group. As near as I can tell, this is because you continue to refuse to consider the possibility of timed immunities and cooldowns.

It's not that things are purge-able that's the problem. It's that things are ENDLESSLY purge-able. Instead of making nothing purege-able, what you should be doing is adding in a cooldown timer for purges that gets applied upon the first purge to hit a character.

Thus: a purge gets cast (from whatever skill, be it Purge or Dark Cloak or whatever) and a timer gets applied to the character. For the next X seconds, no further purges can take effect on that character, even if a purge skill is used. So a NB would no longer be able to simply keep cloaking over and over to continue to remove effects, people would no longer be able to spam purges, etc.

So many problems in this game could be solved via cooldown timer implementation, I really wish you devs would implement them. Another example: cc and break-free are still utterly broken and you don't seem to be able to fix it. A cooldown timer on a character being able to be cced would solve this.

I do like that you've made ballis turn faster, because lately people complain if they see someone using a balli instead of a treb due to the fact that trebs do more damage. I also like that you've tweaked the siege weaponry to try and make them more useful - thus, the stam/magicka hit, and the increased dmg from the scattershot. It always seemed sad that so many of the siege options were eschewed because people didn't see enough value in them to use them.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok.. 25 pages of reading in about 4 hours..

For some reason, all of Brian's Wheeler's comments did not make it into the Dev Tracker.. Below is a summary.
    Hey gang!

In the next major update we'll be adjusting damage and other effects from siege weapons. This will go in conjunction with other changes regarding repair kits and keep upgrades, but the changes noted here are specific to players effects (damage, snares, dots, etc.).

These changes are currently being tested internally and may change before they go to PTS/Live:
    • Damage across the board for all siege weapons has been increased roughly 30%, but we are considering increasing that more.
    • Snares have been normalized on all siege weapons that apply that debuff (ice treb, lightning ballista, oil catapult) to be a 50% snare, and last 6 seconds.
    • All side effects from siege weapons (snare, healing taken reduction, siege damage increase taken) are no longer purgable.
    • Oil Catapults will now also have a "Stamina damage" value added, which takes away roughly 5000 Stamina from enemy targets.
    • Lightning Ballista will now also have a "Magicka Damage" value added, which takes away roughly 5000 Magicka from enemy targets.
    • Ballista now turn faster and have their "scatter" variable removed, making them 100% accurate to your aimed location.
    • Scattershot now adds 20% damage taken from other siege weapons instead of 10%

Thanks for any feedback regarding these changes and again, these may or may not go up to PTS/Live exactly as stated here, but this is what we're currently testing =)
    Just to clarify, the DOT on Flame Trebs and Flame Ballista can still be purged....for now.
    Siege will still travel at it's current speed.
    Anything that removes a "negative" effect is considered a purge, so not just the "Purge" abliity as you noted.
    Flaming oil can be purged as it's just a flame tick like the flame treb/ballista DoT. That being said... the feedback here and testing internally and on PTS may change that.

We will look at tool-tips when this goes in as well, however displaying the range won't be possible as it varies based on trajectory of the projectile and whether it will land uphill, downhill, even ground, etc. There may be a generic "about this range" added.

In terms of other side noted questions here about server performance, we have made changes today to various abilities which we will be monitoring their effects on the server. For reference, here's the patch note from today:

Adjusted several abilities to improve the performance in Cyrodiil. The following abilities or item set abilities will now only apply their buffs to allies who are in your group, rather than all nearby allies:

Exploitation
    Hemorrhage
    Illuminate
    Meritorious Service
    Mountain’s Blessing
    Powerful Assault
    Restoring Aura
    Radiant Aura
    Restoring Twilight
    Battlespirit did indeed change the value of damage from Siege weapons, which we are looking to correct with these changes.
    For the sake of discussion, and bearing in mind possible changes to Purge (the ability itself as noted by Wrobel in his thread), how would a 50% healing reduction instead of 75% from the meatbag sound as well as being purge-able?
    It's currently a 75% reduction to healing taken.
    @Sharee "If healing reduction is purgeable then there is no healing reduction as far as a zergball is concerned."

But if the amount of players that can be Purged is reduced, is that still a valid statement?
    Changing AP gain rates are in the books to get more AP for smaller groups than larger groups. Not dramatically punishing for super large groups mind you, but really giving a boost to the smaller groups out there.
    For clarification, Battlespirit is not changing and the damage values on Siege were increased to make up for the damage reduction increase of Battlespirit.

And yes, I've read every bit of the 21 pages so far.
    @Turelus Correct! However we don't have a way to omit siege damage from Battlespirit as the server considers siege damage originating from a player since it needs an "anchor".

@Enodoc At one point Siege was stackable but in a later patch note during that cycle, we pulled that capability due to getting overwritten HP values on Siege weapons once stacked. Sometimes it fully healed the entire stack, sometimes it nuked the entire HP of all weapons in that stack.

@Docmandu There's always useful info in these posts and the combat gang has also been made aware of Purge opinions here too.

[edit] Adding a post from after this post:
    Further discussion points about Meatbag going on:

We are currently discussing a -50% value on the healing taken debuff instead of -75% (which it currently is on Live), as well as reducing the duration to 6s from 16s, keeping it in line with the other siege sub-effects. We are still leaning towards keeping it unpurgable but with the values noted here.

There are also many points made here about Purge (the ability) which the combat team is noting as well, and we appreciate the constructive posts about Purge, Barrier, and smart heals along with the Siege chat!

Edited by Darlgon on December 4, 2015 3:58PM