The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Azergas

Manoekin
Manoekin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Come to Azura right now and forcibly disperse the DC zerg. The campaign is unplayable as they move keep to keep with over 100 players. The other half of your active pvp players are about to quit. *** do something about it. Get in game and move players and kick them out of cyrodiil if they don't like it. I don't care anymore about excuses.
  • Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 guesses what group it is?
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are either unwilling or unable to do anything.

Just wait for CU.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While youre at it, do the same thing to the 70+ AD zerg on Haderus, thanks.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    While youre at it, do the same thing to the 70+ AD zerg on Haderus, thanks.

No problem here.
  • Levo18
    Levo18
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is designed for large scale battle, its war its an army vs army not 1 elite soldier vs 1 elite soldier or a elite sqaud vs elite squad if you want that go play COD. I have never read in any History book that a small group breaks out of the platoon and do their own thing.

In short if u dont like big battles find another game the devs shouldnt change the whole game concept just because of some whiners

Ps if your reason is because of lag get a console i almost never experience lag even in 15 v 15 battles. ( except in inner keeps ofc )
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel has been an amateur student of history but they can't seem to recall when catgirl werewolves fought fireball shooting elves over a keep surrounded by glowing crystals...and with walls that could be repaired in 20 seconds by just throwing bricks at it.

But perhaps those who are better than khajiit can show this one the appropriate resource for such 'facts'?
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Levo18 wrote: »
    This game is designed for large scale battle, its war its an army vs army not 1 elite soldier vs 1 elite soldier or a elite sqaud vs elite squad if you want that go play COD. I have never read in any History book that a small group breaks out of the platoon and do their own thing.

In short if u dont like big battles find another game the devs shouldnt change the whole game concept just because of some whiners

Ps if your reason is because of lag get a console i almost never experience lag even in 15 v 15 battles. ( except in inner keeps ofc )

Its fine when the big groups are fighting the big groups

But when youve got 100 DC on Azuras, 100 EP on true, 70 AD on Haderus... all of them fighting MUCH SMALLER FORCES instead of each other, THATS THE PROBLEM

If the AD and EP zergs from true (ep) and had (ad) went to azuras instead of the smaller campaigns and fought those DC life would be a lot better for all of us. Azuras would even up, true would even up, haderus would even up. But no, its always take your zergblob up against the smallest population bars and just run roughshod to feel good about yourself

and its absolutely stupid. go lag out each other, stay off the small campaigns. it pretty much destroyed PvP on haderus tonight.
    Edited by Rylana on October 31, 2015 6:25AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • FMonk
    FMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to imagine what GMs forcibly moving players around Cyrodiil to spread them out would look like...

This needs to happen.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FMonk wrote: »
    I'm trying to imagine what GMs forcibly moving players around Cyrodiil to spread them out would look like...

This needs to happen.
    Would look like this:
    stickwars2-3.jpg
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    FMonk wrote: »

This needs to happen.
    Would look like this:
    stickwars2-3.jpg

In that jpg, that sorc is OP, nerfit, nerfitnao.

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Getthe *** out of here with your ignorance. Big battles or not the game is unplayable.

TF was just as bad last night and I rage quit.
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

Come to Azura right now and forcibly disperse the DC zerg. The campaign is unplayable as they move keep to keep with over 100 players. The other half of your active pvp players are about to quit. *** do something about it. Get in game and move players and kick them out of cyrodiil if they don't like it. I don't care anymore about excuses.

And yet just a couple of hours before this post AD on AS was doing the EXACT SAME THING.

Every faction does it, unless you intend on GMs manually balancing campaigns 24/7?
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree that in theory PvP should be big battles, and it would be lots of fun if it actually worked like that but when you are in a relatively small group and are ran over by 50 people spamming steel tornado... I have never read about that in any history books either :lol: It would be great if two opposing factions could charge into battle and have an epic fight, but usually in these circumstances the winning team are just the bigger group that can spam the most AoE.
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on October 31, 2015 1:30PM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this thread might be just another example of why AOE caps should be removed and dynamic Ulti gen be adapted and introduced again.
  • LazyLewis
    LazyLewis
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that Mano is actually raging is very worrying. Something Ive never really seen. ZoS he's right! Smething more needs to be done to counter zergs!
    DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
    AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
  • Slaxis
    Slaxis
    ✭✭✭
    F**** dc group who knows who they are running those large numbers are really making this game a S*** show. If funny how unskilled it makes you all out to be when you run in 50+ numbers during prime time. Even your own Dc are telling you its a problem. And F*** Zos they aren't gonna do a dame thing about it. This game has been this way for a while now without 1 word on how they are gonna fix this game and make it the way the advertised it. If you cant fix what you messed up then put this s*** back to the way it was befor you all screwed it the f*** up... Ok rage over..thanks have a good day
    Gm of Victorem
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

Getthe *** out of here with your ignorance. Big battles or not the game is unplayable.

TF was just as bad last night and I rage quit.

TF (PC) last night was the worst I have seen it and it has been bad for a while............... Then we started winning and it got better........

Jokes aside, even though most do it..... PvP cannot handle large scale battles, especially AoE zergs. The sooner ZoS gets to grip with this rather than papering over the cracks the better.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos did nothing when EP ran enormous zergs. They did nothing when ad ran enormous zergs. And they do nothing when DC runs enormous zergs. And the soap opera continues.
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if they are telling the truth in saying that they only have 1 raid or just over 2 raids...the problem with DC is that they as a faction all feel the need to stick together in the same spot and not attempt to hit multiple targets at once...I know they have the numbers, so why aren't they doing it? I think it's a question of skill since they seem to be rather terrible individual players and can't do anything when they're separated from the massive horde.

Oh and not all DC are terrible players...there are some exception solo players...but you probably won't find these players running in those groups
    Member of Victorem, RÁGE ; Decibel Alumni (RIP)

Kalista Schefer: VR16 AD Sorcerer; Alliance Rank 22

Noxus-Katarina: VR16 AD NB; Alliance Rank 30

Grxknight: VR16 AD DK; Alliance Rank 16

Lorelie Aedel: VR16 AD Templar; Alliance Rank 8
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    Zos did nothing when EP ran enormous zergs. They did nothing when ad ran enormous zergs. And they do nothing when DC runs enormous zergs. And the soap opera continues.

Yup...same stuff just a different color doing it...first yellow, then red, now blue....

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But when youve got 100 DC on Azuras, 100 EP on true, 70 AD on Haderus... all of them fighting MUCH SMALLER FORCES instead of each other, THATS THE PROBLEM

If the AD and EP zergs from true (ep) and had (ad) went to azuras instead of the smaller campaigns and fought those DC life would be a lot better for all of us. Azuras would even up, true would even up, haderus would even up. But no, its always take your zergblob up against the smallest population bars and just run roughshod to feel good about yourself

and its absolutely stupid. go lag out each other, stay off the small campaigns. it pretty much destroyed PvP on haderus tonight.

What are you talking about? AS is pop locked by all three factions. It's pretty even already. DC didn't even win last campaign because EP managed to rack up a huge lead early on, and AD was getting a low pop bonus. By the second half we had fallen into a sort of equilibrium where no faction was able to control enough long enough to shift the score in a major way. I have witnessed both factions send huge zergs back at us. To see complaints about a DC zerg problem now is like some sick joke.
    GRxKnight wrote: »
    Even if they are telling the truth in saying that they only have 1 raid or just over 2 raids...the problem with DC is that they as a faction all feel the need to stick together in the same spot and not attempt to hit multiple targets at once...I know they have the numbers, so why aren't they doing it? I think it's a question of skill since they seem to be rather terrible individual players and can't do anything when they're separated from the massive horde.

Oh and not all DC are terrible players...there are some exception solo players...but you probably won't find these players running in those groups

I think you mean organization, skill isn't the issuse. Most of DC are tag-alongs, and leading them would be like herding cats. They also have this tunnel vision, I've seen them take Ales and then keep on going until they hit Arrius even though we don't have Dragon or Ash back yet.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LazyLewis wrote: »
    The fact that Mano is actually raging is very worrying. Something Ive never really seen. ZoS he's right! Smething more needs to be done to counter zergs!

This is pretty much what I thought, too. Mano has always seemed pretty level-headed.
  • Dreizopf
    Dreizopf
    ✭✭✭
    This game is designed for large scale battle, its war its an army vs army not 1 elite soldier vs 1 elite soldier or a elite sqaud vs elite squad if you want that go play COD. I have never read in any History book that a small group breaks out of the platoon and do their own thing. ...
    I have read this idea so many times now. "It's war" "It's not made for 1v1" "War is fight between big groups" "War is zerg" and so on and so on.

But Zenimax don't give us the Cyrodiil to do so. We have 10 campaigns now, because Zenimax must limit the numbers. The horrible lags in Cyrodiil don't allow to play war, don't allow to fight in big groups, don't allow, that ALL PvP player are in one and the same Cyrodiil. Thats why we have campaigns dominated by this or that faction.

And ofc, in one big campaign it must not be possible for one account to change faction within a defined time (let's say 24 hours, or better 3 days).

Man sollte sagen, was man meint. Wenn man nicht sagt, was man meint, dann meint man nicht, was man sagt.
    You should say what you are meaning. If you don't say what you are meaning, you don't mean what you are saying.
    (Wittgenstein, "Lycidas", Christoph Marzi)
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

What are you talking about? AS is pop locked by all three factions. It's pretty even already. DC didn't even win last campaign because EP managed to rack up a huge lead early on, and AD was getting a low pop bonus. By the second half we had fallen into a sort of equilibrium where no faction was able to control enough long enough to shift the score in a major way. I have witnessed both factions send huge zergs back at us. To see complaints about a DC zerg problem now is like some sick joke.
    GRxKnight wrote: »

I think you mean organization, skill isn't the issuse. Most of DC are tag-alongs, and leading them would be like herding cats. They also have this tunnel vision, I've seen them take Ales and then keep on going until they hit Arrius even though we don't have Dragon or Ash back yet.

Then why aren't the organized groups looking the numbers they have at one place, and say "hey there's a lot of DC already here...we should go somewhere else"? That's the main issue is that these groups that are saying they're only 14-21-a full raid need to realize that there are more objectives on the map than the one that the entire DC factions is already at. Spread the f out...there's a reasons that ZOS asked us to do this a while back when reds were the ones balling everyone into one place...they learned and have done so effectively...why can't/won't DC?
    Member of Victorem, RÁGE ; Decibel Alumni (RIP)

Kalista Schefer: VR16 AD Sorcerer; Alliance Rank 22

Noxus-Katarina: VR16 AD NB; Alliance Rank 30

Grxknight: VR16 AD DK; Alliance Rank 16

Lorelie Aedel: VR16 AD Templar; Alliance Rank 8
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anti ball gerbal things for all factions and agreed above.

I'll also take this opportunity to rally up the anti-AOE cap crowd and advocate for a single target priority damage system. AOEs should be for buffs debuffs only!!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC learned from Brandon, his is the light and the way.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Um no. If anything DC has learned this behavior from EP. Campaign after campaign of being pop stomped by EP and zerged to death has taught them to fight fire with fire.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Um no. If anything DC has learned this behavior from EP. Campaign after campaign of being pop stomped by EP and zerged to death has taught them to fight fire with fire.
    DC 'zergs' of today can't hold a candle to the holy light of Brandon. I remember the nightly Chalamo mile gate farms, getting 700+ nom noms fed to me so quick. Brandon's zergging successors would have to work 2-3x longer to feed that many kills. :weary:
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭

He will rise again, and zerg smite all of his doubters and non believers into oblivion. Maybe this time he will try AD :)
    Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Little did you know Brandon played most recently on EP.
    Minno wrote: »

Anti ball gerbal things for all factions and agreed above.

I'll also take this opportunity to rally up the anti-AOE cap crowd and advocate for a single target priority damage system. AOEs should be for buffs debuffs only!!

AOE caps should not be a thing anymore. Just last night bombed a scroll and took it back across a bridge... had 16 with me against 40 DC or so. They mindlessly followed across the narrow bridge and some got dragon leaped off. Doesn't matter. After a certain point you pretty much stop doing damage to them and get overwhelmed. Without AOE caps they would have been punished for being complete morons.